Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 443444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 952

Thread: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

  1. #796
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,473

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    if dinosaur remains are soft, then
    the deposits are young, if the deposits are young then
    the earth is young, if the earth is young then
    genesis is believable!
    If the deposits are young, then the deposits are young. It doesn't follow that therefore the earth is young (we could have an old earth, but young organisms), and it certainly doesn't follow that therefore there was once a perfect garden where a man, and a woman, committed the first (human) sin - regardless of if we all believe such a thing happened.

  2. #797
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    True north strong and free
    Posts
    6,014

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Interesting. I don't see arrogance but instead someone standing for God. Are you aware of any labs out there that are trying to prove/show that Genesis is real history? Even Mary ( who found the soft tissue in the T-Rex long bone), has not declared how this discovery supports that man LIVED WITH DINSOSAURS, far from it.

    How many labs are trying to get to the bottom of WHY we are finding soft tissue in dinosaurs skeletons, and have been since the 60's? Most have never even been told of this evidence, let alone publish how it connects to Genesis.

    In this context, this quote is more understandable.
    I did not know a single whose job was to prove/show that Genesis is real history - because that is not what a lab does. A laboratory's job is to analyse samples submitted to it as well as ensure that industry standard quality control measures are in place and not make interpretations of that data, except for quality control purposes. Interpretation is left up to the agency or person that submits the samples. If Mr. Armitage is supplying the samples, conducting the analyses and then does the interpretation, then he is in a potential conflict of interest. I mean, I've done that myself with my previous company (someone collected the samples, I processed them and then XRF'ed them and then used the data), but the results of that work would never be accepted without some measure of confirmation from a third party.
    Last edited by teddyv; Jan 11th 2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: added thought
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.


  3. #798
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    What is an OSTEOCYTE?

    os·te·o·cyte
    ˈästēəˌsīt/
    nounPHYSIOLOGY


    • a bone cell, formed when an osteoblast becomes embedded in the matrix it has secreted.


    Mind blowing video.

    Must watch if you watch only one video on this thread. (Especially at 15:00 min mark. )

    "Soft tissue are the norm, not the exception"

    "Soft tissues in dinosaurs remains have been in the scientific literature since the 60's!"


    Proposal...

    "
    if dinosaur remains are soft, then
    the deposits are young, if the deposits are young then
    the earth is young, if the earth is young then
    genesis is believable!"

    The Young Earth connection.

    https://youtu.be/6OnF3IElD-A

    If the deposits are young, then the deposits are young. It doesn't follow that therefore the earth is young (we could have an old earth, but young organisms), and it certainly doesn't follow that therefore there was once a perfect garden where a man, and a woman, committed the first (human) sin - regardless of if we all believe such a thing happened.


    I kind of see your argument, in a way, [ about the actual age of the earth ] however, it does follow and does make sense as Mark stated. I do admire btw how you can examine an arguments structure but I think we can be too critical at times.

    The Bible is a complete package. It's tells a complete story from beginning to end. Yes? It's all connected and runs like burber carpet. Have you ever used a beaterbar vacuum head on burber carpet? Quite interesting to see what happens if you catch a loose thread....

    The Bible is not just a book, ( as you should know ) it is from God; supernaturally preserved... "All Scritpure is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness..."( 2 Tim 3:16) So, using this book of instructions and "God-breathed facts" we can do a little sleuthing and or backwards deduction.

    You like solving puzzles right Athanasius ( House ) Me too, I would like to be a dectective in another life...anyway

    Jesus [ who is God in the flesh ] said this revealing clue:

    Then some Pharisees came and tested Him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason?” 4Jesus answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ 5and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh


    Notice the words "from the beginning" & " the Creator made them male and female"

    From the beginning of what? From CREATION as described in Genesis, which contains the real story of our beginning. So, according to Jesus, mankind ( male & female) had a real beginning, in real time, in real history.

    How far back do you really think this occurred according to our God-breathed story? We are here, something must explain it.

    The genealogies in scripture give a clue.

    Secular history gives us clues.

    Archeology gives us clues.

    Anthropology gives us clues.

    The soft "dinosaur" cells found in fossils give a clue to, as "at the beginning" God also made the sea creatures and land animals on day FIVE and man on day SIX! So if day five things are young, it would follow that day 6 things are too! Using this logic, the earth is most likely young too, as, he TELLS us in scripture that He made it in 6 days!

    Exodus 20:11"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORDblessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

    Do you see brother?

    If the rock deposits are young, the creatures are young, if the creatures are young it follows that we should understand creation just as our GOD BREATED scriptures tell us to, in six days, not that long ago!

    We have much evidence that dinosaurs are not that old and that man indeed walked with them. Many are still alive today in fact, we call them "living fossils" which is a deceptive name to try and support evolution.

    This "God-breathed book" also tells us about a Garden that he put these two first humans into. We actually have much evidence from secular archeology that this garden existed (cool!) which is somewhere on Dino thread part one. I will try and dig it up.

    We can trust Genesis as real history, in real time, just as God describes.

    Why on earth would God give us 2 Timothy 3:16 and yet make it so darn hard to figure out, even with the Spirts assistance. I don't think he would.

    Peace brother!
    Last edited by bluesky22; Jan 11th 2017 at 04:15 PM. Reason: clarity and spelling
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  4. #799
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,473

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I kind of see your argument, in a way, [ about the actual age of the earth ] however, it does follow and does make sense as Mark stated. I do admire btw how you can examine an arguments structure but I think we can be too critical at times.

    The Bible is a complete package. It's tells a complete story from beginning to end. Yes? It's all connected and runs like burber carpet. Have you ever used a beaterbar vacuum head on burber carpet? Quite interesting to see what happens if you catch a loose thread....

    The Bible is not just a book, ( as you should know ) it is from God; supernaturally preserved... "All Scritpure is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness..."( 2 Tim 3:16) So, using this book of instructions and "God-breathed facts" we can do a little sleuthing and or backwards deduction.

    You like solving puzzles right Athanasius ( House ) Me too, I would like to be a dectective in another life...anyway

    Jesus [ who is God in the flesh ] said this revealing clue:

    Then some Pharisees came and tested Him by asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason?” 4Jesus answered, “Have you not read that from the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female’ 5and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh


    Notice the words "from the beginning" & " the Creator made them male and female"

    From the beginning of what? From CREATION as described in Genesis, which contains the real story of our beginning. So, according to Jesus, mankind ( male & female) had a real beginning, in real time, in real history.

    How far back do you really think this occurred according to our God-breathed story? We are here, something must explain it.

    The genealogies in scripture give a clue.

    Secular history gives us clues.

    Archeology gives us clues.

    Anthropology gives us clues.

    The soft "dinosaur" cells found in fossils give a clue to, as "at the beginning" God also made the sea creatures and land animals on day FIVE and man on day SIX! So if day five things are young, it would follow that day 6 things are too! Using this logic, the earth is most likely young too, as, he TELLS us in scripture that He made it in 6 days!

    Exodus 20:11"For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORDblessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

    Do you see brother?

    If the rock deposits are young, the creatures are young, if the creatures are young it follows that we should understand creation just as our GOD BREATED scriptures tell us to, in six days, not that long ago!

    We have much evidence that dinosaurs are not that old and that man indeed walked with them. Many are still alive today in fact, we call them "living fossils" which is a deceptive name to try and support evolution.

    This "God-breathed book" also tells us about a Garden that he put these two first humans into. We actually have much evidence from secular archeology that this garden existed (cool!) which is somewhere on Dino thread part one. I will try and dig it up.

    We can trust Genesis as real history, in real time, just as God describes.

    Why on earth would God give us 2 Timothy 3:16 and yet make it so darn hard to figure out, even with the Spirts assistance. I don't think he would.

    Peace brother!
    The dots simply don't connect at the point they're being connected; there's no necessary connection between soft tissue in fossils, and a young earth. The best you'll get, is that dinosaurs are more recent than traditionally thought, and if you want to make a leap from there, then go ahead, but that's what it is: a leap.

  5. #800
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    I did not know a single whose job was to prove/show that Genesis is real history - because that is not what a lab does. A laboratory's job is to analyse samples submitted to it as well as ensure that industry standard quality control measures are in place and not make interpretations of that data, except for quality control purposes. Interpretation is left up to the agency or person that submits the samples. If Mr. Armitage is supplying the samples, conducting the analyses and then does the interpretation, then he is in a potential conflict of interest. I mean, I've done that myself with my previous company (someone collected the samples, I processed them and then XRF'ed them and then used the data), but the results of that work would never be accepted without some measure of confirmation from a third party.
    Hey Ted,

    Correct, no lab is doing this, shamefully so, hence his statement. There should be many [ studying Gods Creation and proclaiming its Truth from the roof tops. ] What an amazing world that would be! I am not so sure current labs are being impartial either. Most if not all would be working from an OE, EV perspective. The dating labs are a good example. When a sample is submitted, they ask the provider for a range that they think the sample will fall ( hardly impartial )

    I have no problem with Mark doing what he is doing as long as he follows ( which he does ) industry standards, he explains this in the video. 70% of his samples he rejects as they don't fit the standard. Just because men invent a "system" of controls [ of information ] does not mean they are right or Godly. If this world is of a God who talks with his Creation, and if this world has a enemy [ satan] who oppposes it, then without men like Mark, we indeed are treading in dangerous waters.

    He was more than willing to work within a mainstream framework/institution on this amazing discovery, [ at least trying to get to the bottom of why we are finding soft tissue in fossils ] but they fired him as soon as he published/proclaimed what the significance of this discovery was. He won his law suit on this btw...

    In your company, as you describe above, all these men where employed by the same company ? ( sample collector/ analyzer ) umm...

    In the video he explains he is looking for partners both to pray/financial assistance and to be involved in the work. I think he is aware of what you describe and I agree with you.

    Unfortunately there are not allot of people who are not willing/able/allowed to accommodate this. Satan has [ attempted ] to/has poison[ed] the young earth creationist movement in a large degree [ despite all the positive evidence ]. He gives an interesting story about this in the video.

    Regards,

    ~Blue
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  6. #801
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    The dots simply don't connect at the point they're being connected; there's no necessary connection between soft tissue in fossils, and a young earth. The best you'll get, is that dinosaurs are more recent than traditionally thought, and if you want to make a leap from there, then go ahead, but that's what it is: a leap.
    I respectfully disagree; the dots are there, and they do connect ( for those with eyes to see ).

    I have and will continue to "take that leap", as, the evidence is there on multiple fronts, both secular and Biblical.

    No one is *required* to see this view for salvation, thank the Lord; but what a boost to our faith to know that Genesis is real history, with real facts, that talk about the real history of our kind and our condition.

    There is an aspect of faith here too, but a faith based on facts, is even a greater faith!

    My very first post in Dino part 1 I said in part this:

    Here are some examples of what I believe is God giving us brief glimpses into his truth and existence. He has not forgotten us and is providing "snap shots of proof" that His Word can trusted. If you look, the answers are there...

    Soft tissue of dinosaurs in fossils are indeed this!

    Peace
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  7. #802
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,473

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I respectfully disagree; the dots are there, and they do connect ( for those with eyes to see ).
    Alright, connect just these two dots in such a way that there is no gap in the logic, or reasoning, between points.

    Soft tissue found in dinosaur fossil -> the earth is young necessarily

    Do so in such a way that you avoid the following:

    No soft tissue found in dinosaur fossil -> the earth is old necessarily

    Have at it.

  8. #803
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    188

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post

    No soft tissue found in dinosaur fossil -> the earth is old necessarily
    If i found no soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil, a good conclusion would be the tissue decayed.

    If i found soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil a good conclusion would be that dinosaur fossil probably is not too old.
    Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 1 Thes 5:21

    "For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:2-4)






  9. #804
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,473

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by John777 View Post
    If i found no soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil, a good conclusion would be the tissue decayed.

    If i found soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil a good conclusion would be that dinosaur fossil probably is not too old.
    That's not the conclusion bluesky22, or Mark, are drawing. How do you get from 'the dinosaur fossil probably is not too old', to 'the earth is young'?

  10. #805
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by John777 View Post
    If i found no soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil, a good conclusion would be the tissue decayed.

    If i found soft tissue in a dinosaur fossil a good conclusion would be that dinosaur fossil probably is not too old.
    Good points John.

    I am still trying to figure out what Athanasius is trying say!

    Most people today think that the earth and creatures found in its "ancient" layers are old.

    This is the leading paradigm. The data in the field can be interpreted in such light. Agreed.

    The Bible on the other hand, seems to imply/states ( point blank in many spots ) that the earth and mankind are not that old ( billions of years ) but in fact, are thousands.

    So here we have polar opposite views, yes?

    Interestingly, the data can also be interpreted [ that the world and man ] are relatively young in age
    ( thousands of years )

    Soft tissue in dinosaur fossils do not "prove" a Young World per say, but pushes a little bit more data into the young camps corner.

    Can we make a guaranteed, definitive, ironclad, airtight, irrefutable conclusion that the earth, man and dinosaurs are young?

    Probably not.

    But if it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, flyies like a duck, tastes like a duck, I have no problem calling it a duck.

    Our OE ( old earth ) brothers have no problem calling their duck a duck, so we are intitled to the same respect and differing conclusions as them.

    We can disagree on said interpretation of said data.

    Come Let us reason together.

    PS *Athanasius: I have no problem trying to answer your question (s) , your going to have to dumb it down a bit for me. Your command of words far exceeds mine, many of your comments twist my mind into pretzels. I do not know many things, but I give it my best. Regards.
    Last edited by bluesky22; Jan 13th 2017 at 02:35 AM.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  11. #806
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    That's not the conclusion bluesky22, or Mark, are drawing. How do you get from 'the dinosaur fossil probably is not too old', to 'the earth is young'?
    I believe I explained the connection in post #798; I think it's clear.

    Since Dino's were made on day five, and man on day six, if the evidence points to a Young mankind ( which it does ) then it follows that Dino's are young to since they were created before man.

    If man and Dino's are young, and scripture points to a recent and fast Creation, ( which it does ) then it's logical to assume that the Creation is not that old either, which points to, eludes to - a Young creation just as Genesis asserts.
    Last edited by bluesky22; Jan 11th 2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: spelling again
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  12. #807
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,473

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I am still trying to figure out what Athanasius is trying say!

    PS *Athanasius: I have no problem trying to answer your question (s) , your going to have to dumb it down a bit for me. Your command of words far exceeds mine, many of your comments twists my mind into pretzels. I do not know many things, but I give it my best. Regards.
    Is this where I say, 'for those with minds to understand'?

    Simplest way I can think of: how does soft tissue in a fossil, on it's own, demonstrate a young earth (How do you get from 'A' - soft tissue fossil - to 'B' - young earth -)?

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I believe I explained the connection in post #798; I think it's clear.

    Since Dino's were made on day five, and man on day six, if the evidence points to a Young mankind ( which it does ) then it follows that Dino's are young to since they were created before man.

    If man and Dino's are young, and scripture points to a recent and fast Creation, ( which it does ) then it's logical to assume that the Creation is not that old either, which points to, eludes to - a Young creation just as Genesis asserts.
    You're starting from your conclusion. How would someone draw all of this from a soft tissue fossil?

  13. #808
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Is this where I say, 'for those with minds to understand'?

    Simplest way I can think of: how does soft tissue in a fossil, on it's own, demonstrate a young earth (How do you get from 'A' - soft tissue fossil - to 'B' - young earth -)?

    You're starting from your conclusion. How would someone draw all of this from a soft tissue fossil?
    Gotcha. Agree. Is does not. I cannot work with one piece of evidence - that tells me nothing. Totally agreed. Thank you.

    Without the Word of God, as say a flash light, [ or base line/revelation ] to illuminate more data, I know nothing. If the Bible is not what it says it is, the Creators message to the Creation, I ( we ) are flying blind.

    But by using what we have [ field data, observations etc...] in the LIGHT of scriptural revelation, then we are getting some where.

    If the earth, man and Dino are "young", we would expect to find soft tissue, and we do. Just as understanding Genesis "as is" would predict.

    Does this make sense brother?
    Last edited by bluesky22; Jan 13th 2017 at 02:37 AM.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




  14. #809
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    True north strong and free
    Posts
    6,014

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Hey Ted,

    Correct, no lab is doing this, shamefully so, hence his statement. There should be many [ studying Gods Creation and proclaiming its Truth from the roof tops. ] What an amazing world that would be! I am not so sure current labs are being impartial either.
    I am not sure what you think most laboratories do. Laboratories, in the geological world, are usually third party companies that provide various assaying or other measurement and testing services.

    Most if not all would be working from an OE, EV perspective. The dating labs are a good example. When a sample is submitted, they ask the provider for a range that they think the sample will fall ( hardly impartial )
    Assaying a sample for an element requires no partiality. If you are offering geochronology services you are obviously using equipment that take advantage of the radioactive decay of atoms. As for the date range thing, I've heard that before and I'd need to check into whether that is for specific measurement techniques like K-Ar. I am not sure it applies if you supply zircons for U-Pb analysis, or a samples for Re-Os analysis, amongst the many other methods.

    I have no problem with Mark doing what he is doing as long as he follows ( which he does ) industry standards, he explains this in the video. 70% of his samples he rejects as they don't fit the standard. Just because men invent a "system" of controls [ of information ] does not mean they are right or Godly. If this world is of a God who talks with his Creation, and if this world has a enemy [ satan] who oppposes it, then without men like Mark, we indeed are treading in dangerous waters.
    What do you mean by '"system" of controls [ of information ]'? Is that about quality control? Quality control is not about being right but about ensuring a high level of confidence in the results (precision and accuracy).

    He was more than willing to work within a mainstream framework/institution on this amazing discovery, [ at least trying to get to the bottom of why we are finding soft tissue in fossils ] but they fired him as soon as he published/proclaimed what the significance of this discovery was. He won his law suit on this btw...
    There is still a lack of clarity over the real reason for dismissal although it does sound like the university handled it very poorly. As far as I can see, he did not 'win' his lawsuit (although he claims that) because they settled out of court. I am sure that feels like vindication and he probably did deserve a settlement.

    In your company, as you describe above, all these men where employed by the same company ? ( sample collector/ analyzer ) umm...
    Yes, and if you read further along, you would have noticed my statement that these results would not be accepted by another company without their own verification. (The reason we did this was for a quick semi-quantitative analysis of soil samples that would be reasonably accurate to identify anomalies while eliminating the high costs and time required for conventional laboratory analyses. We conducted checks against results from samples sent to certified laboratories which gave us good comparative results. We also carried out our own internal QC, and documented everything so that if anyone wanted to know what we did, we could show them. We also retained the actual samples so that these could also be verified by a lab if needed.)

    In the video he explains he is looking for partners both to pray/financial assistance and to be involved in the work. I think he is aware of what you describe and I agree with you.
    I did not mean to make that a big deal. I was flipping through the video and that was the first thing I saw.

    Unfortunately there are not allot of people who are not willing/able/allowed to accommodate this. Satan has [ attempted ] to/has poison[ed] the young earth creationist movement in a large degree [ despite all the positive evidence ]. He gives an interesting story about this in the video.
    Can you give an example of how Satan has poisoned the YEC movement? Or was that Mr. Armitage's comment (I still have not been able to watch everything).
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.


  15. #810
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    In Him
    Posts
    2,056
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Humans Lived with Dinosaurs + G E N E S I S Issues Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    I am not sure what you think most laboratories do. Laboratories, in the geological world, are usually third party companies that provide various assaying or other measurement and testing services.

    No, I am not overly knowledgeable on what they do, ( on a experience level ) but I think I have an idea. I am more familiar with medical labs, pathology etc...as I am in the field. I think Mark has a pretty good idea of the ins and outs of them tho. He discusses in this and other videos, much is way over my head.

    Assaying a sample for an element requires no partiality. If you are offering geochronology services you are obviously using equipment that take advantage of the radioactive decay of atoms. As for the date range thing, I've heard that before and I'd need to check into whether that is for specific measurement techniques like K-Ar. I am not sure it applies if you supply zircons for U-Pb analysis, or a samples for Re-Os analysis, amongst the many other methods.

    Agree. But considering the amount of assumptions involved in traditional dating methods, they are hardly impartial.
    What do you mean by '"system" of controls [ of information ]'? Is that about quality control? Quality control is not about being right but about ensuring a high level of confidence in the results (precision and accuracy).

    Agree.

    There is still a lack of clarity over the real reason for dismissal although it does sound like the university handled it very poorly. As far as I can see, he did not 'win' his lawsuit (although he claims that) because they settled out of court. I am sure that feels like vindication and he probably did deserve a settlement.

    I don't think ( by his comments, that he is overly happy with the outcome, as they destroyed his career, but he said he got his retirement back, this could be considered a win ( as some who is close to retirement, I can agree ) I have no knowledge of any details surrounding the case besides what he says in his videos.

    Yes, and if you read further along, you would have noticed my statement that these results would not be accepted by another company without their own verification. (The reason we did this was for a quick semi-quantitative analysis of soil samples that would be reasonably accurate to identify anomalies while eliminating the high costs and time required for conventional laboratory analyses. We conducted checks against results from samples sent to certified laboratories which gave us good comparative results. We also carried out our own internal QC, and documented everything so that if anyone wanted to know what we did, we could show them. We also retained the actual samples so that these could also be verified by a lab if needed.)

    Sounds reasonable.

    I did not mean to make that a big deal. I was flipping through the video and that was the first thing I saw.

    Fair enough


    Can you give an example of how Satan has poisoned the YEC movement? Or was that Mr. Armitage's comment (I still have not been able to watch everything).
    Well, walk into any university, college, work place, family function, political arena and announce that your a Young Earth Creationist and see what happens. Remember Stockwell Day? >>>> http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ives-in-canada




    .....................
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

    A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

    Faith-Hope-LOVE

    ~Praying for BDH~




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Sermons are Lived Not Preached
    By Diggindeeper in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 23rd 2015, 04:42 PM
  2. Discussion How many US States have you visited and/or lived in?
    By Frecs in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 23rd 2010, 06:20 PM
  3. Dinosaurs and man
    By john_constantine in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 17th 2007, 06:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •