Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Avatar Picture

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Your Avatar Picture

So what is the reason for, motivation behind, or message of... your avatar picture?

The one I have right now... I took a photo of the front of my desktop computer where I have my Celtic Cross hung. When I edited the photo on my puter, it looked great but once uploaded and converted to a .gif file, does not look the same.

I should go back to my last avatar

So... why your avatar picture?
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Re: Your Avatar Picture

Was House for years, now Sherlock. No particular message intended, other than identification with the personality of each character - one Sherlock, one based on Sherlock.

Blog Entries

“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.”

And

“Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

One of my favorite characters from one of my favorite fictional movies. No big meaning behind it at all.
    God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

I like coffee though I don't drink it anymore.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

I don't drink coffee, or tea, or alcohol. That must be like, 3 / 4 things for the Nazarite vow

Blog Entries

No coffee OR tea? Is it getting too personal to ask why? Is it a taste thing or some other reason?
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

My picture is of...me. Inigo Montoya would be better, but that was already taken.
    I greatly enjoy coffee and, as I think, at this point I can make a pretty good cup.
    Psalm 19:14
    Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Paid for in full and sealed

Jeremiah 29:11
    "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (NASB)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    No coffee OR tea? Is it getting too personal to ask why? Is it a taste thing or some other reason?
    Taste, taste, and alcoholism runs in the family, so I don't want to tempt biology.

Blog Entries

I can certainly understand on the taste and alcohol front. Thanks for indulging my curiosity bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I can certainly understand on the taste and alcohol front. Thanks for indulging my curiosity bro.
    Still, you wouldn't believe the number of coffees, and teas, that are prepared for me. Something like the expression in my avatar ensues

Blog Entries

......just Because

Besides I'm getting ready for 2020
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    ......just Because

Besides I'm getting ready for 2020
    What? In 2020 you converting over to DD coffee?
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Just simple words to hold to.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him
    which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Was House for years, now Sherlock. No particular message intended, other than identification with the personality of each character - one Sherlock, one based on Sherlock.
    Shouldn't it be this guy then?

Thread Information