Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Spiritual Death in Judaism

Blog Entries

Re: Spiritual Death in Judaism

Quote Originally Posted by percho View Post
    The book, Matthew 19:3-9

Was Eve the virgin for the Son of God but because of Eve eating of the tree and Adam eating in lust, trespassed against God by having intercourse with her causing her to be put away by God and the union of Eve and Adam being in Adultery Therefor the firstborn became of the devil because Adam and Eve listened to the devil rather than God.
    I don't get that, God said - Be fruitful and multiply [Gen 1:28] no strings attached IMO.

Here is what Eve said concerning Cain.

And Man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have acquired a man with Jehovah. Gen 4:1 Darby

Why did she say that?
    Being thankful?

1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. [KJV]

1 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD. [ESV]

1 And the man knew Eve his wife, and she conceiveth and beareth Cain, and saith, `I have gotten a man by Jehovah; [YLT]

The New English Translation [NET] often is full of surprises, also here:

1 Now the man had marital relations with his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. Then she said, I have created a man just as the LORD did! [NET]

The book, Matthew 19:3-9

Was Eve the virgin for the Son of God but because of Eve eating of the tree and Adam eating in lust, trespassed against God by having intercourse with her causing her to be put away by God and the union of Eve and Adam being in Adultery Therefor the firstborn became of the devil because Adam and Eve listened to the devil rather than God.
    OK ... thanks ... I'm not seeing that ... as I already put forth ...

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    as far as the rest I am not seeing any of that ... and remember Adam and Eve were told ... and I think they were told this before they ate ... "God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply" (Genesis 1:28).

Here is what Eve said concerning Cain.

And Man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have acquired a man with Jehovah. Gen 4:1 Darby

Why did she say that?
    There seems to be much question as far as what the Hebrew actually meant ... I think she was just giving credit to the Lord for having a son (the "with" is often translated "from" or "with the help of").
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Pretty much that: she's giving thanks to the Lord / gratitude to Him that she's had a son. She's not saying that she's had a son with (the terrible transliteration) Jehovah.

I understand there are a lot of translations. I also understand, she could have been thinking of what the LORD said concerning the seed of the woman,, which I assume we all take to be the Anointed.

It is an interesting statement what the first woman said, relative to the first child given birth.

Thread Information