Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns

Guns

We see threads from time to time, pop up with sword = gun thoughts. Guns are indeed for protection and hunting food.

I purchased my first gun and I'm looking for advice. The gun is an SAR K2P 9mm. Made in Turkey for use with NATO. EAA imported these guns back in 2013. All the reviews I've seen are great on the gun.

Thanks in advance.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him
    which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

Blog Entries

Re: Guns

Those are nice guns. I think Israel produces them under license (Baby Eagle)
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Those are nice guns. I think Israel produces them under license (Baby Eagle)
    What about other basics as a gun operator do I need to know besides safety and don't shoot myself.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him

Lower Rio Grande Valley of the far, far south of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Protective Angel View Post
    What about other basics as a gun operator do I need to know besides safety and don't shoot myself.
    1. Treat every gun as loaded.

2. Identify your target, including what is behind and on either side of your target.

3. Never point a gun any anything or anyone you are not willing to destroy or kill.

4. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

As for shooting:

1. Sight control. Focus on the front sight.

2. Breath control. At the bottom of the exhale cycle you automatically stop breathing for a second. That is when to shoot.

3. Trigger control. Slowly pull the trigger. Don't jerk it. The gun going off should surprise you.

4. Follow through. Keep the trigger pulled and gun on target for at least 2 seconds before releasing/resetting the trigger.

5. Then do it all over again.

Body position.

Feet apart.

Shoulders back.

Head up.

Arms in a triangle with both arms straight and elbows locked (Weaver Position).

Relax. (The paper target will not shoot back.)

Grip.

Web between thumb and index finger as high on the tang as possible.

Grip with strong hand, about as tight as a strong handshake.

Off hand grips the strong hand.

Both thumbs forward, pointing toward the target. (Be aware the slide will move backward very quickly so make such they are not touching the bottom of the slide.)

you can boil the 4 safety rules down to 2, to make it easier to remember.
    1) always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction
    2) dont put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to destroy something.

Also be mindful of maintenance....get a cleaning kit.
    I clean my weapons after every range session.

Dont buy cheap ammo (steel casing, cheap foreign)...
    by brass fmj for target practice. ammoseek.com and gunbot.net will usually
    find you online deals around $9-10 per box of 50 brass.
    Good lowend brass 9mm brands are: magtech, sellier&bellot, federal american eagle, estate, herzer, pmc, blazer, remington

Quote Originally Posted by TCassidy View Post
    Grip.

Web between thumb and index finger as high on the tang as possible.

Grip with strong hand, about as tight as a strong handshake.

Off hand grips the strong hand.

Both thumbs forward, pointing toward the target. (Be aware the slide will move backward very quickly so make such they are not touching the bottom of the slide.)
    to add to this, be sure your thumbs are always on the same side, never crossed, or the slide will rip flesh outta your hand.

hold your base hand very firm and as high as possible on the grip to lessen recoil.
    the pistol should be an extension of your forearm bone.

also get a good quality (i prefer kydex or hard leather) holster that will have solid retention...no cheap, flimsy nylon dimestore holster.
    Good brands are galco, alien gear, foxx, crossbreed, etc.

By mindful of state laws; as a rule of thumb, in blue liberal controlled states it is illegal to have handguns and they will throw honest citizens under the jail for possessing handguns, they are basically gunfreee zone states who do not support the 2A, or a right of self defense.
    If possible, if you live in a blue state, move to a red state that honors constitutional self defense rights.

Congrats on getting the gun. I recall you talking about here on the board some time back, and it seems you finally came to a decision.

There are lots of articles and videos out there on proper gun safety, shooting and cleaning. Read and watch as much as you can. Learn, learn, learn and learn some more. There is so much to learn, so invest time in doing so as this is a tremendous responsibility. Never assume you know all there is to know and have nothing left to learn.

Enjoy!��

Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    Congrats on getting the gun. I recall you talking about here on the board some time back, and it seems you finally came to a decision.

There are lots of articles and videos out there on proper gun safety, shooting and cleaning. Read and watch as much as you can. Learn, learn, learn and learn some more. There is so much to learn, so invest time in doing so as this is a tremendous responsibility. Never assume you know all there is to know and have nothing left to learn.

Enjoy!��
    Thank you
    The "decision" was more like a voice. As you stated, you have been aware of my status on gun ownership. I've never needed any and someday I probably would. About 2 weeks ago, It just suddenly came to me that I needed a gun. I don't see anything that could have triggered (no pun intended) the idea. The message just entered my mind. Like a small still voice.

I've been doing just as you say. Reading and studying. Mostly on kickback. Certain manufactures actually make smaller loads. Armscor seems to have what I'm looking for and in my price range.

Like the Bible, your statement rings very true. "Never assume you know all there is to know and have nothing left to learn."

Armscor seems to have what I'm looking for and in my price range.
    Armscor (Rock Island Armory) a company in the Philippines, makes some of the best guns in the world for the price.

Back in the early 80's when I was still a teenager, it seemed like the popular handguns were 38 special, 357 magnum and 44 magnum. These days it's all about 9mm, 40 caliber and 45 caliber.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Back in the early 80's when I was still a teenager, it seemed like the popular handguns were 38 special, 357 magnum and 44 magnum. These days it's all about 9mm, 40 caliber and 45 caliber.
    That's what I remember. Those nickel plated stubnose 38's are cool looking on the TV screen.

Wow ... I didn't realize that shooting a shotgun is so expensive. The ammo I found is a dollar a shot.

Thread Information