Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: When is The TIME OF THE END?

Blog Entries

When is The TIME OF THE END?

The Time of the End...Is it part of Dan.9:27, has it already been fulfilled, is it yet future? Where, who and what does it refer to?

Re: When is The TIME OF THE END?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    The Time of the End...Is it part of Dan.9:27, has it already been fulfilled, is it yet future? Where, who and what does it refer to?
    Complex questions that will get many different responses for sure. Here is my take.

The Hebrew version of Daniel 9:27 is very choppy and has been translated many different ways into English. Some going so far as to insert a "desolator" into the text. The Greek version is not only 1200 years older than the oldest Hebrew version we have, but it is also mush clearer.

Daniel 9:26-27 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in HIM: and HE shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed HE shall appoint the city to desolations and one week shall confirm the covenant with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away[lifted up is the primary Greek definition here. The same word Jesus used twice.]: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation.

In my view, Jesus confirmed the covenant with many, just as Paul states.

Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ

So, the 70th week was fulfilled in Christ's ministry and that of His disciples. At the end of the 70th week, Peter, who was given the keys, unlocked the gospel to the Gentiles in Acts 10 after getting the vision and going to Cornelius.

Now, the prophecy does not stop there. It says that the city and temple would be destroyed. 70 AD. Then, on the temple mount would be abominations until the end of time. That has happened exactly. First the temple of Jupiter was built on the mount followed by the muslim abomination that is still there to this day. Once the temple mount is cleared of abominations and a temple is rebuilt, we are at the end of time. That is why so many Christians are watching Jerusalem with great interest.

The "time of the end" is routinely called an "appointed time" in scripture. It is random. It is appointed by God. Many early Christians, including Barnabas, understood that the time of the end, and the Millennium, would come 6000 years after creation. From my own Bible chronology work, I believe the end of the 6000th year falls on Nisan 1, 2025. Exactly at the end of the 120th Jubilees from creation.

"At the end of time, an end shall be put to the desolation" of the temple mount. Coming soon, imo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    Complex questions that will get many different responses for sure. Here is my take.

The Hebrew version of Daniel 9:27 is very choppy and has been translated many different ways into English. Some going so far as to insert a "desolator" into the text. The Greek version is not only 1200 years older than the oldest Hebrew version we have, but it is also mush clearer.

Daniel 9:26-27 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in HIM: and HE shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed HE shall appoint the city to desolations and one week shall confirm the covenant with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away[lifted up is the primary Greek definition here. The same word Jesus used twice.]: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation.

In my view, Jesus confirmed the covenant with many, just as Paul states.

Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ

So, the 70th week was fulfilled in Christ's ministry and that of His disciples. At the end of the 70th week, Peter, who was given the keys, unlocked the gospel to the Gentiles in Acts 10 after getting the vision and going to Cornelius.

Now, the prophecy does not stop there. It says that the city and temple would be destroyed. 70 AD. Then, on the temple mount would be abominations until the end of time. That has happened exactly. First the temple of Jupiter was built on the mount followed by the muslim abomination that is still there to this day. Once the temple mount is cleared of abominations and a temple is rebuilt, we are at the end of time. That is why so many Christians are watching Jerusalem with great interest.

The "time of the end" is routinely called an "appointed time" in scripture. It is random. It is appointed by God. Many early Christians, including Barnabas, understood that the time of the end, and the Millennium, would come 6000 years after creation. From my own Bible chronology work, I believe the end of the 6000th year falls on Nisan 1, 2025. Exactly at the end of the 120th Jubilees from creation.

"At the end of time, an end shall be put to the desolation" of the temple mount. Coming soon, imo.
    Are you saying that Dan.11:40-45 and Dan.12 are fulfilled prophecies? They are spoken of as "the time of the end."

As I see it, "the time of the end" referred to in:

Daniel 8:17
    Daniel 11:35
    Daniel 11:40
    Daniel 12:4
    Daniel 12:9

(and alluded to in Daniel 8:19, Daniel 11:27, and Daniel 11:35 : "at the time appointed [H4150]")...

are the same time period that Jesus refers to when He says "but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6 [see also Matt24:3, Matt24:13, Matt 24:14 which says "and then shall the end come" (referring to, once "this gospel of the kingdom is preached in all the world for a witness unto all the nations" which I believe is describing that which will specifically take place in the first half of the future 7-yrs/70th-Wk)]).

I believe "the time of the end" lasts for the entire second half of the 7-yrs/70th-Wk, and BEGINS [with the AoD-Matt24:15] at a specific calendar date derived from Scripture (aka "at the time appointed [H4150]" [said 3x in Daniel, and also used in the wording of Dan12:7 regarding that specific time period]) and conclude 1260 days later at Christ's 2nd Coming to the earth (Rev19). Being a Pre-tribber, I believe our rapture occurs well before this specific time period (that is, before the entire 7-yrs/70th-Wk commences [it commences at the start of 'the Day of the Lord' time period], just to be clear).

Note: if Daniel 8:19 and 11:27 are solely located in past history, I believe they would at the very least be a type of that future time period, and Daniel 11:35 may be referring to that one. In other words, clues given for that future time period (for Israel).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    As I see it, "the time of the end" referred to in:

Daniel 8:17
    Daniel 11:35
    Daniel 11:40
    Daniel 12:4
    Daniel 12:9

(and alluded to in Daniel 8:19, Daniel 11:27, and Daniel 11:35 : "at the time appointed [H4150]")...

are the same time period that Jesus refers to when He says "but the end is not yet" (Matthew 24:6 [see also Matt24:3, Matt24:13, Matt 24:14 which says "then shall the end come" (referring to, once "this gospel of the kingdom is preached in all the world for a witness unto all the nations" which I believe is describing that which will specifically take place in the first half of the future 7-yrs/70th-Wk)]).

I believe "the time of the end" lasts for the entire second half of the 7-yrs/70th-Wk, and BEGINS [with the AoD-Matt24:15] at a specific calendar date derived from Scripture (aka "at the time appointed [H4150]" [said 3x in Daniel]) and conclude 1260 days later at Christ's 2nd Coming to the earth (Rev19). Being a Pre-tribber, I believe our rapture occurs well before this specific time period (and before the entire 7-yrs/70th-Wk commences, just to be clear).

Note: if Daniel 8:19 and 11:27 are solely located in past history, I believe they would at the very least be a type of that future time period, and Daniel 11:35 may be referring to that one. In other words, clues given for that future time period (for Israel).
    You're a Pre-tribber...I'm not, still I love the thought of Pre-trib...What would have to happen in the future to change your view on Pre-trib?

You're a Pre-tribber...I'm not, still I love the thought of Pre-trib...What would have to happen in the future to change your view on Pre-trib?
    The GT lol that would convince me and all pre-tribbers no problem

Are you saying that Dan.11:40-45 and Dan.12 are fulfilled prophecies? They are spoken of as "the time of the end."
    No. They are not fulfilled. Nor is Daniel 8. Daniel 10-12 is a single prophecy. (The chapter breaks came later.) Both Daniel 8 and Daniel 10-12 are specifically stated as occurring at the time of the end.

Idk why Daniel is the only controversial passage when it comes to the time of the end, when every other prophet says time of the end it means time of the end except Daniel?

Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, Before the difficult days come, And the years draw near when you say, “I have no pleasure in them”: 2 While the sun and the light, The moon and the stars, Are not darkened....5...When the almond tree blossoms... For man goes to his eternal home, And the mourners go about the streets....7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it. [The springtime rapture before the years of trouble.]

Isaiah 57:1 The righteous perishes, And no man takes it to heart; Merciful men are taken away,
    While no one considers That the righteous is taken away from evil. 2 He shall enter into peace;
    They shall rest in their beds, Each one walking in his uprightness. [Read the following verses and how the tone changes dramatically toward those left behind.] 3 “But come here, You sons of the sorceress, You offspring of the adulterer and the harlot!....

Psalm 14:2 The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there are any who understand, who seek God. 3 They have all turned aside, They have together become corrupt;
    There is none who does good, No, not one....5 There they are in great fear, For God is with the generation of the righteous. [There is not a single righteous person, no, not one. Yet God is with the generation of the righteous. A complete contradiction unless the righteous are taken away to God. Since the rapture isn't a secret hidden event, all will be in fear as stated above.]

2 Thess 1:6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. [Tribulation is repaid on the wicked WHEN Jesus comes to give us rest with "us," Paul and company.]

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    Idk why Daniel is the only controversial passage when it comes to the time of the end, when every other prophet says time of the end it means time of the end except Daniel?
    I know, right! Some things are so simple, they become complicated by those who think it is supposed to be complicated. It is really quite simple language. The time of the end is the time of the end. We are far better off just taking God at His word. He knows what He is saying. He isn't trying to trick anyone.

Blog Entries

The GT lol that would convince me and all pre-tribbers no problem
    Hum, that would be Rev.9, the first three woes... You do know this occurs in the Middle East...

Hum, that would be Rev.9, the first three woes... You do know this occurs in the Middle East...
    Um Revelations. 7, before the opening of the 7th seal..... You do know this occurs in Heaven...

Blog Entries

Um Revelations. 7, before the opening of the 7th seal..... You do know this occurs in Heaven...
    I see the first 4 trumps as trib, the 5th trump and the three woes as the start of GT, and the wrath of God with the 7th trump, followed by the 7 bowls of wrath..

The place of fulfillment, the Middle East.. Trumps are judgments against Israel.....Bowls/vials are judgments against 10 Arab Islamic nations of the Middle East..

Short and to the point.. The Lord uses the false prophet (an Assyrian/ out of northern Iraq) to fulfill the trumpets...The Lord then uses Gog and the Magog nations to fulfill the bowls of warth on the Arab Islamic kingdom..followed the return of the Lord to finish it all off, on the mountains of Israel, Eze.38-39..

I see the first 4 trumps as trib, the 5th trump and the three woes as the start of GT, and the wrath of God with the 7th trump, followed by the 7 bowls of wrath..

The place of fulfillment, the Middle East.. Trumps are judgments against Israel.....Bowls/vials are judgments against 10 Arab Islamic nations of the Middle East..

Short and to the point.. The Lord uses the false prophet (an Assyrian/ out of northern Iraq) to fulfill the trumpets...The Lord then uses Gog and the Magog nations to fulfill the bowls of warth on the Arab Islamic kingdom..followed the return of the Lord to finish it all off, on the mountains of Israel, Eze.38-39..
    Um ok? Maybe you should read this passage then. Isaiah 24:18 For the windows of heaven are opened,and the foundations of the earth tremble.
    19 The earth is utterly broken, the earth is split apart,the earth is violently shaken.20 The earth staggers like a drunken man;it sways like a hut;
    its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again.21 On that day the Lord will punish the host of heaven, in heaven, and the kings of the earth, on the earth.22 They will be gathered together as prisoners in a pit; they will be shut up in a prison, and after many days they will be punished.
    23 Then the moon will be confounded and the sun ashamed,for the Lord of hosts reigns on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
    and his glory will be before his elders.

The trumpets are punishments for the host on high as well as for the king of the earth. The whole earth will be affected =)

Blog Entries

Which other scripture speaks of the time of the end? Each time context tells you what is meant. It is a falsehood to assume that phrase means the same time. Just as people have one Resurrection or one judgement based on the same wrong thinking.

Thread Information