Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The benefits of teaching the pre-trib rapture.

Blog Entries

The benefits of teaching the pre-trib rapture.

Teaching that Jesus can return anytime promotes readiness and faithfulness in those who desire to make themselves ready. The Lord commanded us to makes ourselves ready and pray we escape the all of these things that were to come to pass:

Lk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Let's look at what He told promised the church of Philadelphia :

Rv 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

I am seeing more and more a promise of deliverance for those that have first love for Jesus and follow Him fully.

I think pre-tribbers have been ignored and marginalized when there is a solid case for their position.

*Note*

I speak as a historic pre-mill post tribber of over 20 years.

Discuss
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Re: The benefits of teaching the pre-trib rapture.

Preaching an amil position does the same

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Ward's Hip View Post
    if you can ignore the spurious amil interpretations that simply do not make sense.

Not to mention the replacement theology that ignores the unconditional and eternal promises to natural Israel.

But let's talk about it .
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    if you can ignore the spurious amil interpretations that simply do not make sense.

Not to mention the replacement theology that ignores the unconditional and eternal promises to natural Israel.

But let's talk about it .
    No matter interest in beating thatbdead horse!

Thanks

Pre-trib rapture doesn't demand Immanency, Personally i don't believe in that doctrine but i believe the Pre-tribulation rapture allows for a more concise reading of the bible and the clearest path for understanding Eschatology.

If this is the only benefit, pre-trib is in trouble.

Blog Entries

Teaching that Jesus can return anytime promotes readiness and faithfulness in those who desire to make themselves ready. The Lord commanded us to makes ourselves ready and pray we escape the all of these things that were to come to pass:

Lk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Rv 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

I am seeing more and more a promise of deliverance for those that have first love for Jesus and follow Him fully.

I think pre-tribbers have been ignored and marginalized when there is a solid case for their position.

*Note*

Discuss
    It's important to remain ready, of course. But if a man were to say to himself, "I don't need to be ready for persecution or tribulation because Jesus will return before that," then he might not prepare himself spiritually for the trials that might come.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CadyandZoe View Post
    It's important to remain ready, of course. But if a man were to say to himself, "I don't need to be ready for persecution or tribulation because Jesus will return before that," then he might not prepare himself spiritually for the trials that might come.

What do you think?
    Honestly not sure how people will "prepare" before hand. Remember what Jesus said, Luke 12:11, Matthew 10:19, Mark 13:11.

The church in Smyrna was just as faithful, but.....

8 “And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write:

The first and the last, who was dead, and has come to life, says this:

9 ‘I know your tribulation and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. 10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. 11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.’
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

*Note*

Discuss
    I'm a former Pretribber--not by conviction, but having been taught it exclusively in the circle I was in. I became a Postribber by virtue of memorizing 2 Thessalonians. It compelled me to follow what I believed was explicit Postrib teaching.

In answer to your points.
    1) The passage in Rev 3.10 spoke to an historic church in Asia Minor in the time of John. They experienced the promise that Jesus gave them--they escaped the "hour of trial." And yet they were not Raptured! This is *not* a promise of escape by Rapture. It is a promise of escape in certain situations for certain churches in certain times. None of it involves any notion of a Pretrib Rapture--that has to be "read into" the text.

2) Luke 21.36 and "pray that you may escape" likely referred to the approaching judgment of God against Jerusalem and against Israel overall. Jesus said that within his own generation this judgment would befall Jerusalem, with Roman armies surrounding, and the temple being destroyed. Jesus indicated that his disciples should be able to escape this judgment, which was not for Christians, but for unbelieving Jews who rejected their Messiah and his righteousness.

On the other hand, the major Bible passages that deal with Christ's Coming are all Postrib in nature, the Olivet Discourse, which says it will take place "after the tribulation," Dan 7, which speaks of Christ's Kingdom being set up following the "little horn's" reign, and the book of Revelation, which portrays Christ's Coming in the context of the Beast's destruction.

This is precisely what 2 Thes 2 teaches, that Christ will not come back for his Church unless the Antichrist is revealed first. And so he will be destroyed *at* the Coming of Christ, and Christ's Coming will not take place before then.

I've recently heard the old arguments that the Church is portrayed in Heaven during the Great Tribulation. Yes, and none of this has to indicate a Pretrib Rapture already took place. If it had, it would've been mentioned. But it wasn't. So why is the Church viewed as in heaven? It is possible the Church is viewed as in heaven for these reasons....

1) the Church's position in Christ is in heaven, because Christ himself is in heaven--we are legally in good standing with Christ, and already have rights to our heavenly reward when Christ comes again.
    2) the departed saints are already in heaven with Christ.
    3) the book of Revelation depicts a prolepsis of the future, in which Christ is viewed as already coming, and the Church is viewed as already in possession of her inheritance--in other words, these things are *prophecies,* which look as if they have already taken place.

Finally, the Church in history has not detected Pretrib eschatology throughout most of 1800 years! So clearly, Pretrib Theology is absent from the Scriptures. It is a theology of inference, and not explicit doctrine. It is a theology of revelation, which is subject to personal interpretation. As such, I have to reject Pretrib Doctrine. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by CadyandZoe View Post

What do you think?
    Not only are you dead on, but that is what Revelation teaches! If you can't see Christian persecution in the book of Revelation I don't know what you're reading? So thanks--this is a book to prepare us for hard times. And we all have plenty of that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    Honestly not sure how people will "prepare" before hand. Remember what Jesus said, Luke 12:11, Matthew 10:19, Mark 13:11.
    Jesuslovesus, the Bible *is* a book of spiritual preparation for Christ's Kingdom. We get ready *now*--not later!

*Note*

Discuss
    Its the TRUTH................Nothing else matters..........or the negatives could be told, but the same people will deny them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Jesuslovesus, the Bible *is* a book of spiritual preparation for Christ's Kingdom. We get ready *now*--not later!
    Sorry but i have no idea what your talking about. Your not suggesting we get ready for the Kingdom. Your suggesting we get ready for the Gt the fact of the matter is there is nothing you can do to get ready for it sorry...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stew Ward's Hip View Post
    And in speaking of approaches to the book of Revelation, partial preterism allows for the imminent coming of Jesus.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

*Note*

Discuss
    I think you're starting to head in the right direction...

Thread Information