Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thought provoking article...

Re: Thought provoking article...

Quote Originally Posted by matthewhenry View Post
    'violent crime' rate is probably not that easy to compare between countries seeing different countries and jurisdictions have differing reporting mechanisms and different definitions of violent crime.
    Of course

'violent crime' rate is probably not that easy to compare between countries seeing different countries and jurisdictions have differing reporting mechanisms and different definitions of violent crime.
    The violent crime rate in the U.S. is not in the least bit accurate. It benefits agencies financially to inflate their UCR numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    The violent crime rate in the U.S. is not in the least bit accurate. It benefits agencies financially to inflate their UCR numbers.
    Remember that not all agencies lie on their reports.

Many are proud of their roll in law-enforcement.

But, London, Chicago, New York, Tokyo, and many other large cities don't want the rep that goes with a high crime rate.

So, they lie to lower that appearance.

Also, the FBI has said that 50% of crime might not be reported at all.

England statisticians have guessed that 58% of their crime is never reported.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Figure of speech. How much of the violence in Britian today has to do with the rise in population of Muslims there?
    I don't know. Less than the total.

According to the following Wikipedia page the USA murder rate is 3.9, compared to 0.9 for the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...te?wprov=sfla1
    Britian doesn't have a Chicago
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

According to the following Wikipedia page the USA murder rate is 3.9, compared to 0.9 for the UK.

How are you guys dealing with the islamic invasion and they're sharia law?

Jude
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    How are you guys dealing with the islamic invasion and they're sharia law?

Jude
    Sharia law is not a part of the U.S. legal system.

It can be used in private dispute resolution, but not in the courts.

Just like Christians and Jews can use their religious laws to reach resolution of private disputes, but not over criminal actions.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Remember that not all agencies lie on their reports.

Many are proud of their roll in law-enforcement.

But, London, Chicago, New York, Tokyo, and many other large cities don't want the rep that goes with a high crime rate.

So, they lie to lower that appearance.

Also, the FBI has said that 50% of crime might not be reported at all.

England statisticians have guessed that 58% of their crime is never reported.
    None of them lie, they just make convenient mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Inflate?

Why would anyone inflate?

When one deflates the violent crime numbers it is said to benefit the tourism in one's city.

How does a city benefit by inflating?
    Last edited by dan; Jan 12th 2017 at 02:58 AM.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    I've heard horror stories about the violence in South Africa.
    If you never lived in another country then this is what you know......still it is a beautiful country.

Quote Originally Posted by BCV View Post
    If you never lived in another country then this is what you know......still it is a beautiful country.
    Indeed it is. Although it's been quite some time since I was there (late 90's).
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Violent people will be violent.

Take any given state in the USA and survey only the hunters, who own multiple firearms and see what the stats are in violence concerning legal "law ABIDING" gun owners?

It's never been a gun problem, it really is a problem with violent people being... violent.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Violent people will be violent.

Take any given state in the USA and survey only the hunters, who own multiple firearms and see what the stats are in violence concerning legal "law ABIDING" gun owners?

It's never been a gun problem, it really is a problem with violent people being... violent.
    Indeed!

In a study done by Dr. John Lott on the law-abiding gun owners of the US, specifically concealed carry permit holders, it was found that the permit holders, as a group, had a lower crime rate than police, a lower gun accident rate than police, and a higher hit probability than police.

Yeah, so?

Russia and China's murder rates are ten times higher than the US, on a good year.

Not only that, but we've come down from a 9.1 rate in 1990 to that 3.9 we have today, and we continue to fall.

No one else is falling, are they?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Indeed!

In a study done by Dr. John Lott on the law-abiding gun owners of the US, specifically concealed carry permit holders, it was found that the permit holders, as a group, had a lower crime rate than police, a lower gun accident rate than police, and a higher hit probability than police.
    That is because gun ownership is about a passion people have for firearms.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Blog Entries

There's more gun owners in my town than Chicago. Yet our murder rate is 50x lower
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Thread Information