Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

Ahead of President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration, some liberal stars were determined to use the 74th annual Golden Globes to have the last word 12 days before Trump is sworn into office.

During a night that saw "Moonlight," "La La Land," "The Crown" and "Atlanta" win big it was the next president of the United States that got the most attention.

Just minutes into the show, host Jimmy Fallon used his time on stage to take digs at Trump after he was forced to improvise for the first few minutes of the show due to a broken teleprompter.

Once his script was up and running, Fallon called the Golden Globes "one of the few places left where America still honors the popular vote." That, though, isn't quite true. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, a collection of 85 members, has its own methods of selecting winners.

Fallon often used the President-elect as a punchline, even comparing him to belligerent and cruel "Games of Thrones" King Joffrey, but Meryl Streep changed the tone of the evening when she launched into a somber speech about Trump.

Streep said Trump's behavior "sank its hooks in my heart" and she slammed what she called Trump's "instinct to humiliate." She asked for a "principled press to hold Trump [accountable]" and to call him out "for every outrage." Her comments were met with applause, tears and support by her fellow actors in the audience. Actor Chris Pine called her speech the "best message of tonight."

Hugh Laurie, accepting his award for best supporting actor in a limited series or TV film for "The Night Manager," speculated that this would perhaps be the last Golden Globes ceremony. - http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...lam-trump.html
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

Was there a sycophant show on last night?

I must have missed it.

Hope the snowflakes found a safe zone.
    Some people are offended that the Sovereign God, because He loved man so much and wanted to be in an intimate relationship with his creation, gave Man a free will to respond to God's grace, offered to all. They are offended that God is God as God chooses to be, not as they choose for God to be.

Blog Entries

Fallon I can excuse somewhat. Late night talk show hosts pick on all sides and Fallon has pounded on Obama and democrats plenty in the three years he's been doing the Tonight Show. It's what late night guys do. They poke fun at everyone.

Fallon took tons of heat from Liberals for his interview on TTS with Trump for not digging at him and making it a positive experience. Late night guys can't win.

As for the rest of Hollywood, they need to shut their mouths. Intelligent people don't care what an actor or rock star says. I appreciate Billy Joel. He's a liberal but he has publicly stated people don't come to see him to hear his political perspective and he thinks celebrities should shut their mouths. Right on, Billy! Maybe I'll come see your next show on that note!
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Time to take out the trash, shut off our TV's and immerse ourselves in God's truth, and reject their immoral filth
    "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

- Jesus

11 more days sweeties.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Blog Entries

I'm can't wait. This is like 11 days before my 21st birthday!
    "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

- Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Ahead of President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration, some liberal stars were determined to use the 74th annual Golden Globes to have the last word 12 days before Trump is sworn into office.

During a night that saw "Moonlight," "La La Land," "The Crown" and "Atlanta" win big it was the next president of the United States that got the most attention.

Just minutes into the show, host Jimmy Fallon used his time on stage to take digs at Trump after he was forced to improvise for the first few minutes of the show due to a broken teleprompter.

Once his script was up and running, Fallon called the Golden Globes "one of the few places left where America still honors the popular vote." That, though, isn't quite true. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, a collection of 85 members, has its own methods of selecting winners.

Fallon often used the President-elect as a punchline, even comparing him to belligerent and cruel "Games of Thrones" King Joffrey, but Meryl Streep changed the tone of the evening when she launched into a somber speech about Trump.

Streep said Trump's behavior "sank its hooks in my heart" and she slammed what she called Trump's "instinct to humiliate." She asked for a "principled press to hold Trump [accountable]" and to call him out "for every outrage." Her comments were met with applause, tears and support by her fellow actors in the audience. Actor Chris Pine called her speech the "best message of tonight."

Hugh Laurie, accepting his award for best supporting actor in a limited series or TV film for "The Night Manager," speculated that this would perhaps be the last Golden Globes ceremony. - http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...lam-trump.html
    That is why I do not watch all these new shows
    The only show I watch that is not over twenty years old is Gold Rush. Every once in a while, I look at duck commander.

Blog Entries

I notice Meryl Sheep's deep concern for the mentally handicapped in Chicago wasn't mentioned....

- Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I notice Meryl Sheep's deep concern for the mentally handicapped in Chicago wasn't mentioned....
    It wouldn't be PC for her to mention this, after all it was a white guy who was tortured and white lives don't matter.

Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

How is it different when a late night talk show host ridicules anyone? It's just as wrong when they do it as it is when Trump does. People in Hollywood live in a bubble in fairytale land. I couldn't care less what they think of anyone. If you are really bothered by their hypocracy then stop paying to see their stupid movies, tv shows, concerts and certainly their ridiculous awards show. I mean an award for acting? Really? Millions of bucks for acting? Really? I wonder what a firefighter or cops salary is. Something is so very wrong there.

I take great comfort in being out of touch with Hollywood. We have different Fathers after all.

It's a shame that award ceremonies have become a platform for promoting liberal agendas.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Blog Entries

Want2bSaved and Tony P summed it up rather nicely. I couldn't care less what these talking heads have to say about politics...or much else really.
    Day by day, Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    It's a shame that award ceremonies have become a platform for promoting liberal agendas.
    You right; Hollywood was spit up straight from hell.

Blog Entries

I think it is much too late to be giving the stage to Trump. Shame on the attention to his ego.
    Peace to you!

Psalm 119:25
    My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word!

Thread Information