Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

Thread: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,059
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Trump has been the punchline to Hollywood's jokes way before he ran for president lol.
    Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.
    The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Ph 4

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dwight, IL
    Posts
    4,515
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Trump has been the punchline to Hollywood's jokes way before he ran for president lol.
    Trump or monkey?

    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

    Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

    If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    148

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Monkey? Who are you referring to?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dwight, IL
    Posts
    4,515
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewhenry View Post
    Monkey? Who are you referring to?
    A Letterman skit way before Trump ran for office. Type it into youtube.

    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

    Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

    If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Little Jerusalem, S-Africa
    Posts
    5,257

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Intelligent people don't care what an actor or rock star says.

    LOL.... that is true, even more than true. They're actors, unfortunately for most exactly the same as the greatest actor of them all (Satan), he is an actor and that almost tells the complete story...

    I've got a very interesting video that I've bought from Cutting Edge Ministries at the time (1998), concerning numerous Hollywood actors testifying about being demon possessed in some of their award winning 'performances'...
    The Lord is our Shepherd
    die Here sal voorsien
    itís the only method
    glo dit en jy sal sien

    The power of His glory
    is the punch line of this story,
    ek staan verwonderd en tog
    het U alles volmaak besorg


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Go Buckeyes
    Posts
    3,881

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    I didn't watch the show as I'm not interested in actors telling themselves how great they are.

    But let me see if I have this right. So we have a group of people of whom most have lots of money and possessions but otherwise broken and messed up lives and we should listen to them about what? Should we seek their advice on how to have a successful marriage perhaps? Or maybe the way in which you avoid the use of drugs and overuse of alcohol?

    These people can afford to be liberals because they have the money to live above the oppressive end results of liberalism. They can ignore the rest of us because we don't live in their world.

    Someone needs to tell them that the more they suffer emotionally because Trump is president and republicans are in power, the more joy they bring to my life.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Little Jerusalem, S-Africa
    Posts
    5,257

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    These people can afford to be liberals because they have the money to live above the oppressive end results of liberalism. They can ignore the rest of us because we don't live in their world.
    This is a really great comment!

    I've learned that liberals tend to be people that have more money than most and unfortunately less wisdom than most too...
    The Lord is our Shepherd
    die Here sal voorsien
    itís the only method
    glo dit en jy sal sien

    The power of His glory
    is the punch line of this story,
    ek staan verwonderd en tog
    het U alles volmaak besorg


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    6,956

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    I didn't watch the show as I'm not interested in actors telling themselves how great they are.

    But let me see if I have this right. So we have a group of people of whom most have lots of money and possessions but otherwise broken and messed up lives and we should listen to them about what? Should we seek their advice on how to have a successful marriage perhaps? Or maybe the way in which you avoid the use of drugs and overuse of alcohol?

    These people can afford to be liberals because they have the money to live above the oppressive end results of liberalism. They can ignore the rest of us because we don't live in their world.

    Someone needs to tell them that the more they suffer emotionally because Trump is president and republicans are in power, the more joy they bring to my life.

    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jeanne
    Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

    All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Living By Faith
    Posts
    7,286
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    I didn't watch the show as I'm not interested in actors telling themselves how great they are.

    But let me see if I have this right. So we have a group of people of whom most have lots of money and possessions but otherwise broken and messed up lives and we should listen to them about what?
    As we should listen to the President elect and his cabinet..some of the wealthiest in this country?

    I may not agree with the silliness that anyone (rich or poor) complaining after the fact about the individual the electoral college chose, I disagree that anyone with a leaning toward conservatism should completely ignore the obvious when it comes to those actually chosen to run this country, (their privilege, wealth and poor ethical and moral standards) while in the same breath stating the obvious of Hollywood celebrities...(Their privilege or wealth)

    Should we seek their advice on how to have a successful marriage perhaps?
    Should we seek Trump for the same advice ?

    Or maybe the way in which you avoid the use of drugs and overuse of alcohol?
    Let me get this strait: A President elect speaks abusively toward women, and instructs others on sexually assaulting in order to score, (sex) so we must point out if anyone (might be) an alcoholic or an addict in order to make him okay? (from the people listed, I am unsure if they have any addiction problems, but then again, they are not The President Elect)

    These people can afford to be liberals because they have the money to live above the oppressive end results of liberalism. They can ignore the rest of us because we don't live in their world.
    Just as the New Administration can ignore the rest of us because we don't live in THEIR (super wealthy/powerful) world? And they are elected by us to work for US?

    Someone needs to tell them that the more they suffer emotionally because Trump is president and republicans are in power, the more joy they bring to my life.
    Someone needs to give them a thumbs up (I think I shall) for having good eyesight, even though it does not matter how well one sees at this point. It is TOO late. All that Washington will do when 200,000 women march on Washington the day after the P.I. is say, aren't you pitiful females just wasting your time...now I see some good looking ones out there..maybe if we get one to compromise themselves, we could make them look even more ridiculous.
    Peace to you!

    If anyone makes the assistance of grace to believe the gospel depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" - Council of Orange

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Terra Firma
    Posts
    11,822
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    The GOP (my party) had to reluctantly embrace a malignant narcissist, and it will be the GOP that eventually makes the correction.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Go Buckeyes
    Posts
    3,881

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    As we should listen to the President elect and his cabinet..some of the wealthiest in this country?

    I may not agree with the silliness that anyone (rich or poor) complaining after the fact about the individual the electoral college chose, I disagree that anyone with a leaning toward conservatism should completely ignore the obvious when it comes to those actually chosen to run this country, (their privilege, wealth and poor ethical and moral standards) while in the same breath stating the obvious of Hollywood celebrities...(Their privilege or wealth)



    Should we seek Trump for the same advice ?



    Let me get this strait: A President elect speaks abusively toward women, and instructs others on sexually assaulting in order to score, (sex) so we must point out if anyone (might be) an alcoholic or an addict in order to make him okay? (from the people listed, I am unsure if they have any addiction problems, but then again, they are not The President Elect)



    Just as the New Administration can ignore the rest of us because we don't live in THEIR (super wealthy/powerful) world? And they are elected by us to work for US?



    Someone needs to give them a thumbs up (I think I shall) for having good eyesight, even though it does not matter how well one sees at this point. It is TOO late. All that Washington will do when 200,000 women march on Washington the day after the P.I. is say, aren't you pitiful females just wasting your time...now I see some good looking ones out there..maybe if we get one to compromise themselves, we could make them look even more ridiculous.
    To your first point, I don't see these people Trump is gathering around himself pushing policies that will hurt people and this nation, though I see the Hollywood liberal elite doing exactly that. I think that contrast is stark enough to be obvious. The issue isn't that they have money but that they are liberals pushing liberal ideology harmful to people and our nation but which they can live above. You went off the rails there when you focused in on the money and made it about that.


    I don't have an issue with people taking issue with Trump, disliking him or worse, even protesting the issues, though so far they've only been protesting him which is ridiculous. I do take issue with those claiming he should not be the president, his presidency is illegitimate and talking revolution and so on.

    I would not suggest anyone ask Trump for advice on a successful marriage. Again though you miss my point concerning these elitist Hollywood liberals. I think I explained it well enough the first time, so I'm not going to debate you in your attempt to tie Trump in with them in I think it is your third paragraph in.

    Have you seen Trump or the new administration ignoring the rest of us so far? I've seen quite the opposite, which should be easy to see in contrast to the last eight years. Or is it your thinking that obama and his administration were in it for the little people? You know, those of us who cling to our guns, bibles and religion? Perhaps hillary would be the better choice because after all she, deep in her heart, is actually for us deplorables and irredeemables.

    I'm not responding to your last paragraph because there is nothing there but you projecting nonsense in order to make some point concerning something in the past and supposing it will happen in the future in some hypothetical situation. That's how I read it anyway, so I'm not bothering with it.

    Look, Trump is flawed and you're not the only one that sees it. But what I'm seeing so far looks pretty good to me. Just last night I spoke with my liberal, Jewish friend who despises hillary but still voted for her because he could not bring himself to vote for Trump. He sees the corrupt and disastrous president at both home and abroad that obama was, though it took some time to see it, and he told me last night he is glad hillary lost and Trump won. From what he sees so far of what Trump is doing he likes.

    What obama just did to Israel should speak volumes of the man, and so I think we still have some time to complain about him. You should give it a try while you still can.

    We are going to have to wait and see how Trump does. There is not one single thing that can be done that will make everyone happy. That is understood, but to be closed minded and blind to any good coming from him and his administration is childish. Try not to be that over the next four years. I think that is a fair request.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Living By Faith
    Posts
    7,286
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyCall View Post
    To your first point, I don't see these people Trump is gathering around himself pushing policies that will hurt people and this nation, though I see the Hollywood liberal elite doing exactly that. I think that contrast is stark enough to be obvious.
    It sounds like you have an opinion on "liberal" policies, but have not specified them or the harm they will cause to the citizens of this country.
    The issue isn't that they have money but that they are liberals pushing liberal ideology harmful to people and our nation but which they can live above. You went off the rails there when you focused in on the money and made it about that.
    The focus of your post was liberals with money and possessions. I was responding to what you stated.


    I don't have an issue with people taking issue with Trump, disliking him or worse, even protesting the issues, though so far they've only been protesting him which is ridiculous.
    There is some difficulty (for me at least) to separate a persons noted actions from the decisions they might make in the future.
    I can compare reputations or behaviors of Meryl Streep and Trump to make some attempt to determine their hearts, but again, Meryl Streep is not President Elect, even though she has had a successful career.


    I do take issue with those claiming he should not be the president, his presidency is illegitimate and talking revolution and so on.
    I believe it is a waste of time/energy myself.

    I would not suggest anyone ask Trump for advice on a successful marriage. Again though you miss my point concerning these elitist Hollywood liberals. I think I explained it well enough the first time, so I'm not going to debate you in your attempt to tie Trump in with them in I think it is your third paragraph in.
    I see no problem comparing the two as I did.
    Actors and actresses are successful in their careers. I may not agree to the money they receive for doing what they do, but I feel the same about a lot of career fields.
    I certainly cannot blame them for the film industry paying them what they choose to pay them.

    Have you seen Trump or the new administration ignoring the rest of us so far?
    Again, the point was made in regard to having mass money and possessions, and well, I do not relate to that experience of many Hollywood Movie and TV stars or The President of The United States and his cabinet.


    I'm not responding to your last paragraph because there is nothing there but you projecting nonsense in order to make some point concerning something in the past and supposing it will happen in the future in some hypothetical situation. That's how I read it anyway, so I'm not bothering with it.

    Projecting nonsense is an interesting thing to say.

    Look, Trump is flawed and you're not the only one that sees it.
    Everyone is flawed. Everyone makes mistakes and has strengths and weaknesses. I see a distinct difference between any individual making an honest mistake, admitting it and being better for it and a person who has serious glaring issues of the nature Mr. Trump has and dismissing or minimizing them.

    We are going to have to wait and see how Trump does.
    No choice not to.
    There is not one single thing that can be done that will make everyone happy. That is understood, but to be closed minded and blind to any good coming from him and his administration is childish. Try not to be that over the next four years. I think that is a fair request.
    I might open up to him if he humbles up and admits his wrongs without making excuse.
    But then again, if he does that he might just be placed in prison.
    Peace to you!

    If anyone makes the assistance of grace to believe the gospel depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" - Council of Orange

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    8,498
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    I think the harm caused by that those who are called "liberals" is their support for abortion, homosexual marriage and anti christian policies. The hyper-liberalism we see so prevalent in society today is a hallmark of the decay of American Culture.
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Living By Faith
    Posts
    7,286
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by shepherdsword View Post
    I think the harm caused by that those who are called "liberals" is their support for abortion, homosexual marriage and anti christian policies. The hyper-liberalism we see so prevalent in society today is a hallmark of the decay of American Culture.
    We are not a theocracy, although I actually believe according to our Constitution that every citizen has the right to believe as they do, to their own harm or good. To cause harm has consequences, both morally and (sometimes) legally, although it appears to me (an opinion) having money and influence IN the world, reaps the benefits (and spiritual downfall) of that same world.*
    Light (God) will overcomes darkness (Satan) if we would only believe and ask for His power and be His will engage in the spiritual battle for souls.

    There are a lot of things I see being done in this world that "hurt" me. And there are somethings being done in this world that actually harm my way of life, though my soul, be it battered can remain eternally.
    Last edited by Scooby_Snacks; Jan 15th 2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: adding*
    Peace to you!

    If anyone makes the assistance of grace to believe the gospel depend on the humility or obedience of man and does not agree that it is a gift of grace itself that we are obedient and humble, he contradicts the Apostle who says, "What have you that you did not receive?" and, "But by the grace of God I am what I am" - Council of Orange

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    148

    Re: Meryl Streep, Jimmy Fallon and more use Golden Globes stage to slam Trump


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jimmy Hoffa may be found at last?
    By Vhayes in forum Breaking News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sep 28th 2012, 06:33 PM
  2. Jimmy has 3 types of cancer
    By Jeanne D in forum Prayer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 13th 2009, 04:54 PM
  3. Tip Waiter who Slam your Plate?
    By PeterJ in forum Christian Fellowship
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 26th 2008, 03:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •