Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The DAY OF THE LORD

The DAY OF THE LORD

Its time BOYS and GIRLS. I've been waiting to make this thread for a while and i'm excited for it =) its the ultimate End times subject (IMO )

Its The Day of the Lord!.

Is it 24 hours or 1000 years? Is it the Last day? Shall all his judgement happen at once or over a Era?

Does it start the Day Christ is Revealed in Heaven or when he Arrives on Earth?

Is it a Day of Darkness or a Day of Light?

Shall it overtake you as a thief in the night and you shall not escape.

Or whether we are awake or asleep we might live with Christ?

Who is his Wrath stored up for, is the church to be present at this time?

Is there only one DoTL or were there many?

What is the purpose of this Day?

What Role does Israel have to play?

What role does the Church play?

Please my brothers i shall start this thread by posting some references and then quoting some passages if anyone has any to add please do so i'll like a nice amount of scriptures before we begun the debate in Earnest.

OT
    Job 20:28-29,
    Isaiah 2 Isaiah 4-5 Isaiah 11 Isaiah 13 Isaiah 19 Isaiah 24 Isaiah 26 Isaiah 27
    Jeremiah 30 Jeremiah 46
    Ezekiel 30 Ezekiel 37-38
    Daniel 2,7,8,11-12
    Hosea 3
    Joel 2-3
    Amos 5 Amos 9
    Micah 4-5
    Zephaniah
    Haggai 2
    Malachi 4

NT
    Matthew 7 Matthew 24
    Mark 13
    Luke 12 Luke 21
    John 6 John 11-12
    Acts 2
    Romans 2 Romans 11
    1 Corinthians 1
    Philippians 1
    1 Thessalonians 5
    2 Thessalonians 2
    2 Timothy 1 & 4
    2 Peter 3

Let me Begin
    Zephaniah 1:14-18
    Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly. A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness, A day of trumpet and battle cry Against the fortified cities And the high corner towers.
    I will bring distress on men So that they will walk like the blind, Because they have sinned against the LORD; And their blood will be poured out like dust And their flesh like dung. Neither their silver nor their gold Will be able to deliver them On the day of the LORD'S wrath; And all the earth will be devoured In the fire of His jealousy, For He will make a complete end, Indeed a terrifying one, Of all the inhabitants of the earth.
    Isaiah 13:6-9
    Wail, for the day of the LORD is near! It will come as destruction from the Almighty. Therefore all hands will fall limp, And every man's heart will melt. They will be terrified, Pains and anguish will take hold of them; They will writhe like a woman in labor, They will look at one another in astonishment, Their faces aflame.
    1 Thessalonians 5:1-4
    Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.
    2 Peter 3:10-12
    But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
    Proverbs 11:4
    Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, But righteousness delivers from death.
    Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the LORD, All you humble of the earth Who have carried out His ordinances; Seek righteousness, seek humility Perhaps you will be hidden In the day of the LORD'S anger
    Amos 5:18-20
    Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end
    is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
    As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.
    Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
    Isaiah 24:21-22
    So it will happen in that day, That the LORD will punish the host of heaven on high, And the kings of the earth on earth. They will be gathered together Like prisoners in the dungeon, And will be confined in prison; And after many days they will be punished.

Seems to me Revelations is the fulfillment of the Dark Portion of the Day of the Lord ending with the Light the coming of Jesus our Lord and Savior.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
    And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.

A few questions, what will the Heavens and Earth look like after the day of the Lord?
    Who will survive on Earth?
    Will the Church be present for God's wrath?

Isaiah 2:19
    Men will go into caves of the rocks And into holes of the ground Before the terror of the LORD And the splendor of His majesty, When He arises to make the earth tremble.
    Haggai 2:6
    "For thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land
    Isaiah 34:4
    And all the host of heaven will wear away, And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll; All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree.

I hopping for an intense study on this subject my brothers so bring forth your scriptures!!

Hebrews 12:26
    At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.”This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain.Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,for our God is a consuming fire.

Like a Women in Travail.

Mark 13:8
    Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, as well as famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.
    Isaiah 66:7

“The sound of an uproar from the city! A sound from the temple!The sound of the LORD, rendering recompense to his enemies!
    Before she was in labor she gave birth;before her pain came upon her she delivered a son. Who has heard such a thing?Who has seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be brought forth in one moment? For as soon as Zion was in labor she brought forth her children. Shall I bring to the point of birth and not cause to bring forth?”says the LORD; shall I, who cause to bring forth, shut the womb?”says your God.
    Micah 4:9
    Now why dost thou cry out aloud? is there no king in thee? is thy counseller perished? for pangs have taken thee as a woman in travail. Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the LORD shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.
    John 16:21
    A woman has pain in childbirth because her time has come; but when she brings forth her child, she forgets her anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
    Isaiah 13:8
    Wail, for the day of the Lord is near; as destruction from the Almighty[c] it will come! Therefore all hands will be feeble,and every human heart will melt.They will be dismayed: pangs and agony will seize them;they will be in anguish like a woman in labor.
    Isaiah 21:3
    A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam: besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.
    Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it. My heart staggers; horror has appalled me; the twilight I longed for has been turned for me into trembling.
    Isaiah 26:17
    O LORD, in distress they sought you;
    they poured out a whispered prayer when your discipline was upon themLike a pregnant woman who writhes and cries out in her pangs when she is near to giving birth, so were we because of you, O LORD; We have been with child, we have been in pain, we have as it were brought forth wind; we have not wrought any deliverance in the earth; neither have the inhabitants of the world fallen. Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! For your dew is a dew of light, and the earth will give birth to the dead. Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the fury has passed by. For behold, the LORD is coming out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed on it, and will no more cover its slain.
    Hosea 13:13,14
    O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help. Where now is your king, that he may save you in all your cities, and the rulers you demanded, saying," Give me a king and leaders"? I gave thee a king in mine anger, and took him away in my wrath. The iniquity of Ephraim is bound up; his sin is hid. The sorrows of a travailing woman shall come upon him: he is an unwise son; for he should not stay long in the place of the breaking forth of children. I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
    Jeremiah 30:6

Ask now, and see,can a man bear a child? Why then do I see every man with his hands on his stomach like a woman in labor? Why has every face turned pale?Alas! That day is so great there is none like it; it is a time of distress for Jacob;yet he shall be saved out of it.“And it shall come to pass in that day, declares the Lord of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off your neck, and I will burst your bonds, and foreigners shall no more make a servant of him.But they shall serve the Lord their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them.“Then fear not, O Jacob my servant, declares the Lord, nor be dismayed, O Israel; for behold, I will save you from far away,and your offspring from the land of their captivity. Jacob shall return and have quiet and ease, and none shall make him afraid.For I am with you to save you, declares the Lord; I will make a full end of all the nations among whom I scattered you,but of you I will not make a full end.I will discipline you in just measure,and I will by no means leave you unpunished.
    1 Thessalonians 5:3
    For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    Revelation 12:1-5
    And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
    She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great red dragon, with seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven diadems.His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it. She gave birth to a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne,

Blog Entries

Re: The DAY OF THE LORD

Just a few off the cuff comments. Good job posting all these verses and hyperlinks.

A few repeated motifs that always stand out to me are the repeated images of birth. there is no question in my mind that the Revelation 12:1-2 'birth' event/ star sign of Sept. 23, 2017 is this event referenced in these verses. (Does that mean Jesus physically comes back? .. imo not necessarily /probably not)

Also, the connection between 'place in heaven' and the 'powers of kings' like in
    So it will happen in that day, That the LORD will punish the host of heaven on high, And the kings of the earth on earth. They will be gathered together Like prisoners in the dungeon, And will be confined in prison; And after many days they will be punished.

There is a rhythm to verses where they repeat the same idea: 'host of heaven on high'.... 'kings of the earth on earth'. 'gathered like prisoners'.... 'will be confined in prison'. 'Death'.... 'hades' Etc.

Also notice that there is a distinction made between "the day of the lord is near!" (Isa 13:6-9) (meaning there is clearly tribulation before the day of the lord [it is 9 months of 'pregnancy' and the 7 seals seem to be referring to this time frame]) and what is going on during the day.

Also, don't forget that the Day of the Lord has the implication of lasting for a year:
    Isa 34:8
    For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
    Isa 61:2
    to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
    Isaiah 63:4
    "For the day of vengeance was in My heart, And My year of redemption has come.

Quote Originally Posted by blur1 View Post
    Also, don't forget that the Day of the Lord has the implication of lasting for a year:
    Isa 34:8
    For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion.
    Isa 61:2
    to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
    Isaiah 63:4
    "For the day of vengeance was in My heart, And My year of redemption has come.
    Thanks for the reply i might make add a section that notes all the birth passages. Also I personally think this Day of Vengeance and Year of Redemption is seen in Revelations 14 forward. When Jesus arrives in the clouds and then treads the winepress alone Revelations 14:14-20 right before the Bowls of wrath are poured out in Revelations 15-16

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    Also I personally think this Day of Vengeance and Year of Redemption is seen in Revelations 14 forward. When Jesus arrives in the clouds and then treads the winepress alone Revelations 14:14-20 right before the Bowls of wrath are poured out in Revelations 15-16
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner!!

Jesus' sword is bathed in blood in heaven first. Then He comes to tread the winepress at Bozrah alone. Then goes to the wedding. That is why His robe is blood red when He comes on the white horse in Rev 19.

Blog Entries

Good verses Jesuslovesus. Evidently, Jesus did not explicitly use the term 'Day of the Lord', but his words in Matt 24:29 is a direct quote from Isaiah 13:10 implying the same event.

Print out the comparison chart at the bottom of this study. Will the World come to an End? - The Day of the Lord
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Its time BOYS and GIRLS. I've been waiting to make this thread for a while and i'm excited for it =) its the ultimate End times subject (IMO )

Is it 24 hours or 1000 years? Is it the Last day? Shall all his judgement happen at once or over a Era?
    With all that happens on that day, it can only mean a 1000 years, imo.

When He arrives at the 7th Trumpet, imo.

Or [COLOR=#000000][FONT=&]whether we are awake or asleep we might live with Christ?
    The only ones who are overtaken as a thief are the ones who make a conscience choice to hate God. Notice how after each bowl of wrath they curse God.

Wrath is stored up for those who hate God. People, satan, his angels, and the demons from the abyss. All of which are present on earth at that time.

Just one.

Many things. Fulfill the Abrahamic covenant, rescue the elect, punish the wicked people and angels, overthrow satan's authority, finish filling God's house, reward the saints, etc.

The central role. The whole house of Israel will be raised for it. It is the fulfillment of God's covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Remember, the promise was made to Abraham AND his descendants. It will be the time when the land indeed flows with milk and honey.

The post rapture church will a part of it. Those taken in the rapture enter God's rest. We will be hanging out with our Father in the NJ for the duration.

Let me Begin
    Zephaniah 1:14-18Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly. A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness, A day of trumpet and battle cry Against the fortified cities And the high corner towers.[I]
    I will bring distress on men So that they will walk like the blind, Because they have sinned against the LORD; And their blood will be poured out like dust And their flesh like dung. Neither their silver nor their gold Will be able to deliver them On the day of the LORD'S wrath; And all the earth will be devoured In the fire of His jealousy, For He will make a complete end, Indeed a terrifying one, Of all the inhabitants of the earth.
    This passage covers the beginning and the end of the day of the Lord. The last sentence is when this creation is destroyed.

Isaiah 13:6-9
    Wail, for the day of the LORD is near! It will come as destruction from the Almighty. Therefore all hands will fall limp, And every man's heart will melt. They will be terrified, Pains and anguish will take hold of them; They will writhe like a woman in labor, They will look at one another in astonishment, Their faces aflame.
    This is one of my favs. "They will look at one another in astonishment!" I bet they will indeed when they SEE the Son of Man coming on the clouds with His Holy Angels.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-4
    Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. While they are saying, "Peace and safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like labor pains upon a woman with child, and they will not escape.
    This is the end of the third watch when Jesus returns on the white horse, imo. Peace and Safety is the lie the three spirits that come out of the mouths of the dragon, beast, and false prophet use to gather the wicked to Armageddon. It is a great trap!

2 Peter 3:10-12
    But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!
    This is obviously the end of the Millennium when this creation is destroyed forever.

Proverbs 11:4
    Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, But righteousness delivers from death.

Ezekiel 7:19 ‘They will throw their silver into the streets, And their gold will be like refuse; Their silver and their gold will not be able to deliver them In the day of the wrath of the Lord; They will not satisfy their souls, Nor fill their stomachs, Because it became their stumbling block of iniquity.

Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the LORD, All you humble of the earth Who have carried out His ordinances; Seek righteousness, seek humility Perhaps you will be hidden In the day of the LORD'S anger
    The gathering of the elect into Moab, Gilead, and Lebanon.

Amos 5:18-20Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
    Amos 5:17 In all vineyards there shall be wailing,
    For I will pass through you,” Says the Lord.

Remember what happened at Passover when the Angel of the Lord passed through them?

The casting out of satan to the earth, and the gathering of the demons. Followed by their being sent to the abyss or LoF.

Seems to me Revelations is the fulfillment of the Dark Portion of the Day of the Lord ending with the Light the coming of Jesus our Lord and Savior.
    Sort of, imo. The day of the Lord begins with Jesus coming on the clouds of heaven in a day of total darkness of the sun and moon. Every tribe will mourn. Then Jesus returns to heaven 23 days later to cast out satan. THAT is the real dark part of this day, satan and the beast. Thankfully the elect are gathered and sheltered first.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.
    This is the little horn in Daniel 8. The king of the north in Daniel 11. The king of the 200 million man army in the 6th trumpet.

A few questions, what will the Heavens and Earth look like after the day of the Lord?
    They all get consumed by fire. So, I guess they will look like nothing, or perhaps a ball of fire. Idk exactly. It will never come to mind again anyway.

Isaiah 65:17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.

Who will survive on Earth?
    This earth? No one.

Will the Church be present for God's wrath?
    No. With the exception of those who come to faith during the beast and get beheaded. I imagine some will come to faith and avoid beheading. In any case, the only "church" here during the wrath is those who missed the rapture and the gathering of the elect. Some really slow learners.

Isaiah 2:19 Men will go into caves of the rocks And into holes of the ground Before the terror of the LORD And the splendor of His majesty, When He arises to make the earth tremble.
    The end of the second watch. The coming of Jesus on the clouds of heaven.

Haggai 2:6 "For thus says the LORD of hosts, 'Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land

Hebrews 12:26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.
    The earth and heavens are shaken more than once, at the end of the 2nd and 3rd watch. The context here about the Temple, as well as Paul's explanation in Hebrews, leads me to put this verse at the end of the 3rd watch when Jesus comes on the white horse. That is the final shaking and the removal of the things being shaken. As well as the remaining of the things that cannot be shaken. Including Ezekiel's Temple which is completed by this point. It will be unaffected by the great earthquake.

Isaiah 34:4 And all the host of heaven will wear away, And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll; All their hosts will also wither away As a leaf withers from the vine, Or as one withers from the fig tree.

I hopping for an intense study on this subject my brothers so bring forth your scriptures!!
    Rapture time, baby!! The 6th seal Rev 6.

Like a Women in Travail.

Mark 13:8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, as well as famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.
    The Greek word here for nations denotes Gentile nations rising against Gentile nations. Yet another reason to disregard the 70 AD theories. This is the post-rapture scene.

Isaiah 66:7 “The sound of an uproar from the city! A sound from the temple!The sound of the, rendering recompense to his enemies! “Before she was in labor she gave birth; before her pain came upon her she delivered a son. Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be brought forth in one moment? For as soon as Zion was in labor she brought forth her children. Shall I bring to the point of birth and not cause to bring forth?” says the LORD; shall I, who cause to bring forth, shut the womb?” says your God.
    There are a few master keys in scripture and this is one of them. The woman delivered a Son before the labor pains. The rapture. As soon as the pains came, she brought forth her children. The return of Jesus and the regeneration of the whole house of Israel, Ezekiel 37, Rev 11-14.

I'll catch the rest in another post.

The ultimate blessed hope of the NT is the glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ at the end of days.

1 Corinthians 1
    8 who will also confirm you to the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Pet 3
    But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

2 pet 3
    but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Hebrews10:27..the terrifying judgement of a fierce fire, that will consume God’s enemies
    2 Peter 3:7 By the Word of God, the present heavens and earth are being reserved for burning; they are being kept until the Day of judgement when the godless will be destroyed. Matthew 3:10-12, Isaiah 34:2-3
    The Apostles are telling us the next time that the Lord will judge it will be with fire. In the days of Noah, He judged with water and the rainbow is His promise that He will never again flood the earth. It is awful to think it, but there are a great many prophecies that describe this coming fire judgement. Spiritually, it is only when fire comes: consuming the sins of ourselves and of nations, that we fall down and proclaim ‘the Lord, He is our God’. Literally, it will be the way that He will destroy His enemies, in this coming confrontation in the Middle East and throughout the world.
    This terrible and shocking event, will be so severe that every person will be revealed for what they really are. This crisis will show the real nature of the worlds enmity against God. At the same time it will reveal the true condition of every Christian. 1 Cor. 3:13
    Many of us are well fed, enjoying a very comfortable lifestyle and can sing Hallelujah, Amen, with great fervour, but when the terrifying fire judgement hits the earth, will we stand firm in our trust for His protection? When electric power fails, when all telephone, radio and internet communications are destroyed, food supplies cut off and armed gangs roam the streets? Isaiah 24:10-13
    Isaiah 29:13-14 Because this people worship Me with empty words and pay Me lip service while their hearts are far from Me and their religion is but a human precept, learned by rote: therefore I shall shock them, adding shock to shock, The wisdom of their wise will vanish and understanding will be lost.

A very large percentage of the Bible is a message to us, today in the end times. Most of the events, such as the Exodus and the history of the Israelites are precursors of what we will now experience. 1 Corinthians 10:11 We must learn from them and act according to the lessons learnt. Although I am not a theologian, I can read plain words, words that mean things and unless you ignore or allegorize what the prophets are trying to tell us, then a literal understanding will enlighten us as to what will soon happen to this world.
    I do not subscribe to the tendentious theory, which says that God’s people are going to be ‘raptured’ and removed from the earth before this time of trial comes. The whole message of salvation, of discipleship, and coming into the maturity of a Christian is a preparation for a time of testing.
    1 Corinthians 10:13 So far you have faced no trial beyond human endurance. God will not test you beyond your powers, but when the test comes he will enable you to endure under it.
    John 17:15 Jesus prayed: I do not pray that You take them out of this world, but that You protect them from the evil one.
    Luke 21:34-36 Be on your guard, keep alert, so that the great Day does not catch you unready, for that Day will come on everyone the whole world over. Pray for the strength to pass through all that is coming and then to stand in His presence.
    Acts 14:22....that to enter the Kingdom of God, we must undergo many hardships.
    Ref: REB, some verses abridged

Or [COLOR=#000000][FONT=&]whether we are awake or asleep we might live with Christ?

I'll try to get back to this one later. For now let me share what I said on another thread. The Day of the Lord is a generic phrase used whenever God intervenes in a major way in history. Largely, it is portrayed as a Coming of the Lord to bring judgment--to either bring judgment against His wayward children, or to bring judgment to *deliver* His needy children. It is therefore a Coming of God to accomplish ultimate salvation for His people. But this will only be accomplished through deliverance. That is, those who interfere with our salvation will have to be destroyed by God.

The Day of the Lord does not have a necessary eschatological definition, although it is certainly used of Christ's Coming in glory at the end of the age. When the Day of the Lord is depicted in an eschatological sense it generally refers to the day of Christ's return itself, even though the implication may be that his Kingdom will then continue long after that event.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    When the Day of the Lord is depicted in an eschatological sense it generally refers to the day of Christ's return itself,
    Yes, Jesus comes like a thief....the DOTL comes like a thief. On the final day of the Lord ,all blessings and curses regarding Gods covenants will be fully and finally poured out...., and Gods redemptive purposes for mankind will be fully realized.

even though the implication may be that his Kingdom will then continue long after that event.

Its never going to end. It will continue forever on a NHNE.

The Day of the Lord's wrath is a one literal Day event: Isaiah 9:14, Isaiah 47:9, Zechariah 3:9, Revelation 18:8

There will be a great Day of vengeance and wrath against the enemies of the Lord and it seems that it may be the next dramatic happening that we will experience here on earth.
    Isaiah 63:1-6 Who is this coming from Edom?.... in power and victory....I trod on the nations in My anger, their blood stained My garments. I resolved on a Day of vengeance, the year for redeeming My own had come.
    Rev 14:14-16 ...there appeared a Man wearing a gold crown and with a sickle in His hand. He swept over the earth with His sickle and the earth was reaped.
    These two passages describe the Lord Jesus carrying out God’s judgement on His enemies. This must take place before His glorious Return, because He is described as coming robed in a garment dyed in blood. Rev 19:13

Isaiah 66:15-16 See, the Lord is coming in fire, [not on the clouds, in glory, at this time] His sword will test mankind. Many will be slain. The Lord’s enemies will all meet their end.
    Micah 5:15 In anger and fury, I shall wreak vengeance on the nations who disobey Me.
    Psalm 50:1-3…. Our God is coming, in consuming fire and a raging storm.
    Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously You traverse the earth, in anger You trample down the nations.
    Isaiah 59:15-18 The Lord was displeased...outraged... so He put on garments of vengeance. According to their wicked deeds, He will repay.
    Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all evildoers will be stubble.
    Hebrews 10:27 A terrifying judgement of fire that will consume Gods enemies.
    So, the Lords vengeance is to be as ‘a consuming fire, burning like a furnace’. This can be paralleled by Ezekiel 20:46-47...I am about to kindle a fire in the Negev, its fiery flame will scorch everyone to the North. This passage and others, clearly describes a coronal mass ejection from the sun. Proved by Isaiah 30:26 This will happen at the moment the attackers of Israel prepare to strike. Isaiah 21:2... Advance Elam, up Media to the siege! Do not hesitate! [Elam & Media = Iran] Many prophecies tell of the destruction of Israel’s attackers. Psalms 83, Amos 1, Jeremiah 49:35-37
    But, for those righteous believers, who trust the Lord;
    1 Peter 4:17-18 For it is time for the judgement to begin – it is beginning with Gods own
    household
    . [In the holy Land]
    Isaiah 35:4 Say to the anxious; be strong! God will save you, with His vengeance.

Jeremiah 12:14-17 These are the words of the Lord; all those evil peoples who have encroached onto the Land, which I allotted to My people, Israel as their holding, I shall uproot them. Also I shall uproot Judah, but I shall have pity on them and bring them back, IF they learn the ways [Christian faith] of My People. The nation that will not change its ways, I shall destroy.
    This passage clearly tells about the clearance of the Land of Israel, which will happen as a result of the Lords Day of wrath. Then it says that some Jews may return, provided they believe in the Lord Jesus. This infers that by then, His people, Christian Israelites, will have migrated to and settled into all of the holy Land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-31

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    The Day of the Lord's wrath is a one literal Day event: Isaiah 9:14, Isaiah 47:9, Zechariah 3:9, Revelation 18:8

There will be a great Day of vengeance and wrath against the enemies of the Lord and it seems that it may be the next dramatic happening that we will experience here on earth.
    Isaiah 63:1-6 Who is this coming from Edom?.... in power and victory....I trod on the nations in My anger, their blood stained My garments. I resolved on a Day of vengeance, the year for redeeming My own had come.
    Rev 14:14-16 ...there appeared a Man wearing a gold crown and with a sickle in His hand. He swept over the earth with His sickle and the earth was reaped.
    These two passages describe the Lord Jesus carrying out God’s judgement on His enemies. This must take place before His glorious Return, because He is described as coming robed in a garment dyed in blood. Rev 19:13

Isaiah 66:15-16 See, the Lord is coming in fire, [not on the clouds, in glory, at this time] His sword will test mankind. Many will be slain. The Lord’s enemies will all meet their end.
    Micah 5:15 In anger and fury, I shall wreak vengeance on the nations who disobey Me.
    Psalm 50:1-3…. Our God is coming, in consuming fire and a raging storm.
    Habakkuk 3:12 Furiously You traverse the earth, in anger You trample down the nations.
    Isaiah 59:15-18 The Lord was displeased...outraged... so He put on garments of vengeance. According to their wicked deeds, He will repay.
    Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all evildoers will be stubble.
    Hebrews 10:27 A terrifying judgement of fire that will consume Gods enemies.
    So, the Lords vengeance is to be as ‘a consuming fire, burning like a furnace’. This can be paralleled by Ezekiel 20:46-47...I am about to kindle a fire in the Negev, its fiery flame will scorch everyone to the North. This passage and others, clearly describes a coronal mass ejection from the sun. Proved by Isaiah 30:26 This will happen at the moment the attackers of Israel prepare to strike. Isaiah 21:2... Advance Elam, up Media to the siege! Do not hesitate! [Elam & Media = Iran] Many prophecies tell of the destruction of Israel’s attackers. Psalms 83, Amos 1, Jeremiah 49:35-37
    But, for those righteous believers, who trust the Lord;
    1 Peter 4:17-18 For it is time for the judgement to begin – it is beginning with Gods own
    household
    . [In the holy Land]
    Isaiah 35:4 Say to the anxious; be strong! God will save you, with His vengeance.

Jeremiah 12:14-17 These are the words of the Lord; all those evil peoples who have encroached onto the Land, which I allotted to My people, Israel as their holding, I shall uproot them. Also I shall uproot Judah, but I shall have pity on them and bring them back, IF they learn the ways [Christian faith] of My People. The nation that will not change its ways, I shall destroy.
    This passage clearly tells about the clearance of the Land of Israel, which will happen as a result of the Lords Day of wrath. Then it says that some Jews may return, provided they believe in the Lord Jesus. This infers that by then, His people, Christian Israelites, will have migrated to and settled into all of the holy Land. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-31
    Welcome Keraz nice to see some new people on the chat you also seem to have done an extensive study on this issue overall i'm blown away and alot of these things are something i've been recently treading on myself. You seems to be breaking down things pretty well, i guess my question for you is you seem to have identified an event on the DoTL. Namely your saying the Day of His wrath against Babylon will be a single day correct do you believe this is the same day that Jesus threads the winepress? I'm wondering in your person study have you done any work on the year of redemption? What do you think of this passage Isaiah 34:8 For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Its never going to end. It will continue forever on a NHNE.
    So you believe Jesus comes with the NHNE?

So you believe Jesus comes with the NHNE?
    Yes, its the final judgment. All judgment has been given to the Son, much grace in between, much patience due to his desire that noboby perish but all come to repentance.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    Yes, its the final judgment. All judgment has been given to the Son, much grace in between, much patience due to his desire that noboby perish but all come to repentance.
    Just curios how do you remedy that with the Daniel 2 vision? Do you believe the stone is the NHNE? But the stone that struck the image became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.

Thread Information