View Poll Results: Who has God "breathed into" the breathe of life?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Adam

3 33.33%
  • 2. Adam & Eve

2 22.22%
  • 3. All that are saved

0 0%
  • 4. Everyone

4 44.44%

Thread: The breath of life

The breath of life

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Who has God "breathed into" the breath of life?

1. Adam
    2. Adam & Eve
    3. All that are saved
    4. Everyone
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life. James 1:12

Blog Entries

Re: The breath of life

I believe all created living beings have the breathe of life...there is nothing in scripture that says God breathed life after Adam but all creatures live and breathe if they are not born dead. God gives life if He chooses to and can do this through His creation or on visitation at every conception/birth. That life as a gift according to scripture can only be eternal through Faith, at this point, for mankind. Animals are exempt from the ability to choose life or death (eternal) as humans have charge over them.

Romans 4:17
    as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist.
    Peace to you!

John 12:46
    “I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Protective Angel View Post
    Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

1. Adam
    2. Adam & Eve
    3. All that are saved
    4. Everyone
    Speaking of God breathing, John 20.22:

22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit".

In answer to the poll, I went with 'Adam & Eve', but am open to other possibilities re: ensoulment.

I chose everyone, including animals, but I'm guessing that wasn't intended in 'everyone'.

Gen 7:21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
    Gen 7:22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

Everything that lives and breathes has the breath of life in it. As Noeb pointed out. Though I do understand the other points of view as well. In the regeneration of the whole house of Israel...

Ezekiel 37:9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”’” 10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.

Blog Entries

1. Adam
    2. Adam & Eve
    3. All that are saved
    4. Everyone
    God only breathed into Adam (possibly also Eve in her creation) and it carries over to everyone who came from him.
    You shall remember all the way which the Lord your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you,
    testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. Dt. 8

Animals came from him?

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    Animals came from him?
    TOTALLY! (FROM YHWH CREATOR, ALL THRU JESUS CHRIST - nothing was ever created except THRU JESUS)

Every life, Every person, Every animal, Every insect, Every fish, Every bird, Everything that has life !

DIRECTLY and SPECIFICALLY as WRITTEN in HIS WORD ! (very very accurately, btw) (TRUTH FOREVER)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcraig View Post
    TOTALLY! (FROM YHWH CREATOR, ALL THRU JESUS CHRIST - nothing was ever created except THRU JESUS)

Every life, Every person, Every animal, Every insect, Every fish, Every bird, Everything that has life !

DIRECTLY and SPECIFICALLY as WRITTEN in HIS WORD ! (very very accurately, btw) (TRUTH FOREVER)
    The him in
    "God only breathed into Adam (possibly also Eve in her creation) and it carries over to everyone who came from him."
    is Adam, not God.

Imo, God breathed into Adam. Eve was taken from the rib of Adam when he was still alive. Eve shared the same bones, flesh and breath of life that was breathed into Adam.

1. Adam
    2. Adam & Eve
    3. All that are saved
    4. Everyone

Thread Information