Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John 9:41 blind compared to claiming sight

Re: John 9:41 blind compared to claiming sight

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I started reading 1 Cor this morning. What do you get out of this passage you quoted here?
    I think Slug1 gave a good example in his post ... anyways I see you started a thread on this in Growing in Christ ... and I highly recommend people who are interested in exploring this in a non debate forum join you there ...

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...s-that-are-not
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    NIV Version : Spiritual Blindness

39 Jesus said,[a] “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”

41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

The Pharisees although they could see, were blind to the son of God, who stood in front of them - speaking to them of Salvation. They were blind - because they did not believe and put their faith in (see) the son of God, the one who would die for their sin, therefore their sin and guilt would remain with them.
    In the KJV: if they were blind, they should have no sin, but because they said, We see, their sin remained.

Also, I edited post #10.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    NIV Version : Spiritual Blindness

39 Jesus said,[a] “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”

40 Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”

The same way the Pharisees were unaware they were spiritually blind.

41 Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

The Pharisees although they could see, were blind to the son of God, who stood in front of them - speaking to them of Salvation. They were blind - because they did not believe and put their faith in (see) the son of God, the one who would die for their sin, therefore their sin and guilt would remain with them.
    Who says scriptures are not inter-related. Reminds me of Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The same way the Pharisees were unaware they were scripturally blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Who says scriptures are not inter-related. Reminds me of Rom 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

The same way the Pharisees were unaware they were scripturally blind.
    I think that Paul and Jesus could have even been speaking about some of the same people ...

And yet, at least in Isaiah 42:19, there is sometihng to be said for the person who is blind...

(not to throw a monkey-wrench into the works)

Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    And yet, at least in Isaiah 42:19, there is sometihng to be said for the person who is blind...

(not to throw a monkey-wrench into the works)
    So are you saying Jesus was blind ... just wondering about your point here? Seems Isaiah 42:1 and much is talking about Jesus ... but not all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    So are you saying Jesus was blind ... just wondering about your point here? Seems Isaiah 42:1 and much is talking about Jesus ... but not all ...
    I don't think it's saying that Jesus is blind, but that His servants whom He has perfected would be blind and not see their own perfection.
    For <in the gospel> the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    I don't think it's saying that Jesus is blind, but that His servants whom He has perfected would be blind and not see their own perfection.
    Oh surprise surprise you would say that ... but what they would be spending all their talking about how well they might just be perfect ...

So let's look at Isaiah 42:19 in context ...

Isaiah 42:18-25

18 Hear, ye deaf; and look, ye blind, that ye may see.

19 Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the Lord's servant?

20 Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not.

21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore.

23 Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?

24 Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.

25 Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart.

How you get that from the above I really have no idea ...

Thread Information