Page 1 of 31 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 461

Thread: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    181

    To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Let us take a deep breath and examine some fundamental truths contained in the Garden of Eden.

    Let us be oh so cautious, methodical and prudent.

    And let us not pretend to be wise beyond what is written.

    God was under no obligation to create, yet it pleased Him to do so.

    Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

    He was not lonely or bored. Nor was He unhappy.

    He was in no rush. He had all eternity to consider where, what, when, why and how.

    WHERE: Planet Earth is where He would create man made in His image and likeness. It is to this same planet He sent His only begotten Son as man’s Savior.

    There is no life outside the life that is in His Son. In Him was life.
    He alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

    There is no life on the moon, Mars or the planet Mongo.
    Search the universe as they may, the truth is right under their noses.

    If only they had eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to believe.

    WHAT: All things. Christ’s role was crucial. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.

    WHEN: This is a point of controversy for many, but not for this writer. I find it ludicrous how many so-called ‘science documentaries’ insist their calculations of millions of years are fact and not open to dispute.

    I also find it equally ludicrous their insistence man evolved upward in stages over millions of years.

    Anyone with a shred of common sense discerns the degeneracy and devolution of our culture. It is DEVO.

    As an ex-Television professional, I can attest TV programming has run the gamut from the days of G-rated ‘Father Knows Best’ to today’s risqué reality series, ‘Dating Naked,’ a sure sign of a downward spiral in morals and critical thinking.

    HOW: By divine fiat. God called into existence that which did not exist.

    It is by the same divine fiat God brings us sinners into the world.

    And it is by the same divine fiat God’s irresistible power brings sinners into reconciliation with Himself through the blood of Jesus Christ.

    For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.

    He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son.

    WHY: It pleased Him to do so. It also pleased Him to have mercy on those He freely chooses, despite their animosity and foolish pride. It pleases God to gather a people for His name, a bride for His Son.

    All men will one day glorify His grace or His justice.

    And all will one day bow their knees, proclaiming Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

    NEXT: Why the Temptation? What did it prove, if anything?
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

  2. #2

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Quote Originally Posted by ICONBUSTERS View Post
    To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Let us take a deep breath and examine some fundamental truths contained in the Garden of Eden.

    Let us be oh so cautious, methodical and prudent.

    And let us not pretend to be wise beyond what is written.

    God was under no obligation to create, yet it pleased Him to do so.

    Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

    He was not lonely or bored. Nor was He unhappy.

    He was in no rush. He had all eternity to consider where, what, when, why and how.

    WHERE: Planet Earth is where He would create man made in His image and likeness. It is to this same planet He sent His only begotten Son as man’s Savior.

    There is no life outside the life that is in His Son. In Him was life.
    He alone is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

    There is no life on the moon, Mars or the planet Mongo.
    Search the universe as they may, the truth is right under their noses.

    If only they had eyes to see, ears to hear, and a heart to believe.

    WHAT: All things. Christ’s role was crucial. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.

    WHEN: This is a point of controversy for many, but not for this writer. I find it ludicrous how many so-called ‘science documentaries’ insist their calculations of millions of years are fact and not open to dispute.

    I also find it equally ludicrous their insistence man evolved upward in stages over millions of years.

    Anyone with a shred of common sense discerns the degeneracy and devolution of our culture. It is DEVO.

    As an ex-Television professional, I can attest TV programming has run the gamut from the days of G-rated ‘Father Knows Best’ to today’s risqué reality series, ‘Dating Naked,’ a sure sign of a downward spiral in morals and critical thinking.

    HOW: By divine fiat. God called into existence that which did not exist.

    It is by the same divine fiat God brings us sinners into the world.

    And it is by the same divine fiat God’s irresistible power brings sinners into reconciliation with Himself through the blood of Jesus Christ.

    For at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord.

    He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son.

    WHY: It pleased Him to do so. It also pleased Him to have mercy on those He freely chooses, despite their animosity and foolish pride. It pleases God to gather a people for His name, a bride for His Son.

    All men will one day glorify His grace or His justice.

    And all will one day bow their knees, proclaiming Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

    NEXT: Why the Temptation? What did it prove, if anything?
    One aspect that is apparent is that the peace and rest (shalom/shabbat )....that existed, and then was lost by the fall, but is restored In Christ......there is something here as we see in Hebrews2 with man being restored to have dominion over the works of God's hands....Then us resting in Jesus in Hebrews4.
    4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
    5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    181

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Great point, brother! I look forward to your input as this study progresses.
    Blessings in Christ Jesus!
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

  4. #4

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast85 View Post
    One aspect that is apparent is that the peace and rest (shalom/shabbat )........but is restored In Christ........
    Who in the NEW TESTAMENT ecclesia lived in union with Y'SHUA(JESUS) ?
    Who in the NEW TESTAMENT ecclesia lived with continual (daily) righteousness, peace, and joyousness ?

    Who TODAY does ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    181

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

    The Lord is the Divine Potter who forms the clay into man as it pleases Him.

    Adam did not say, ‘Why hast thou made me thus?’

    Man has no right to criticize His Creator, who is infinitely wise and righteous.

    Moreover, man has no right to question the rules set down by His infinitely wise and righteous Sovereign.

    Instead, he has every reason to obey God’s rules.

    Disobedience breeds death.

    And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
    But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

    From this one commandment we may infer had Adam not disobeyed he would not die. He would live forever.

    The Lord purposefully gave Adam a test of obedience to prove his faithfulness and love.

    This was a covenant of works. Eternal life was conditional; obedience the condition.

    Adam was not warned of Satan’s coming temptation.

    Adam was to stay focused on all the good trees, whose fruit was delicious.

    Satan had but one chance to ensnare the newlyweds.

    He shrewdly determined it would be through the weakness of the woman that Adam would fall.

    WHY SATAN?

    The fall of Satan is a point of controversy which will be debated until the Last Day.

    Suffice it to say, Satan and his crew were not among the elect angels (1 Timothy 5:21).

    By means not explained, the Lord kept only the elect angels from rebelling against Him.

    Needless to say, Christ did not redeem them, nor did they need Him to do so.

    When one considers the importance of the angelic realm in Scripture, it is not unreasonable to assume the angels, both good and evil, are playing an integral role in God’s eternal purpose.

    It was revealed to them [the holy prophets] that they were serving not themselves but you, in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good news to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look.

    Thus, God’s eternal decrees are unfolding for the edification of both man and angels as they come to fruition.

    As a result both Christians and angels are constantly learning about the unconditional love, grace, and power of our infinite God to save.

    Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

    Satan brilliantly chose to disguise himself as an attractive, charismatic, eloquent, loquacious serpent.

    Today, Satan uses the same tried and true method.

    He disguises himself as beloved Preachers, Priests and Popes who tickle the ears of those ignorant and unregenerate false ‘Christians’ who will not tolerate sound doctrine…..who prefer to believe lies.

    Satan did not enter the Garden for the purpose of testing Adam without the express permission of the Lord (Job 1:8).

    Satan killed both Adam and Eve by means of false doctrine. he was a liar and murderer from the beginning (John 8:44).

    Both the Old and New Testaments are rife with warnings of such false prophets, unlike Adam who had no such warning.

    Take heed that no man deceive you.
    For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    Is it not amazing how many are deceived by the false 'Vicar of Christ' despite the warnings?

    Alas, both Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit.

    Spiritual death was immediate, for in their shame they saw their nakedness.

    NAKEDNESS AND WHAT IT REPRESENTS

    Now that they had sinned, they realized their shame needed a covering.

    They understood their sin was open to the eyes of their holy God.

    They could not face the shame, humiliation and disgrace.

    So they contrived to construct a covering for their sin.

    Today man is still contriving to cover his sin by means other than the blood of the Lamb of God.

    Adam and Eve's genitals were covered, and for good reason.

    Adam instinctively knew his sin would be passed to his progeny through procreation (Gen. 1:28).

    ADAM THE REPRESENTATIVE HEAD OF ALL MANKIND

    The entire human race emanated from Adam’s seed (Acts 17:6).

    Adam was the one posited guilty of the transgression, which is why Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, not Joseph.

    All mankind have also been posited guilty of that same transgression.

    This great truth is discussed by Paul in Romans 5:

    Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
    Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

    NEXT: The imputation of Adam’s guilt vs. the imputation of Christ’s righteousness.
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    181

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    How often we have heard, “It isn’t fair I am accounted guilty of Adam’s sin.”

    Truth be told, all mankind were in the loins of Adam when he sinned.

    In Romans 5 and 1 Corinthians 15, Paul explains this in no uncertain terms.

    The punishment of spiritual and physical death Adam received was passed to all his progeny.

    This is why it is possible for infants and the very young to die, though they had not personally sinned.

    They are experiencing the judgment declared on Adam and his descendants.

    From the universality of Adam’s judgment on all men (infants, young and old), we can infer the doctrine of Adam’s Federal Headship.

    Adam represented us all in the Garden.

    He was created with original righteousness, not having the stain of sin.

    The image and likeness of His Creator in him was intact.

    However, unlike His Creator who cannot sin, Adam had the capability of sinning, should he choose.

    Thus, the will of Adam was fully capable of making a rational, free choice to sin or not to sin.

    Some of our ‘holier than thou’ Christian friends would have us believe they, too, have the power to live a sinless life.

    Truth be told, if Adam could not continue sinless, though he had no sin nature, who are they to believe their sin nature so impotent it does not war against their Spirit mightily? (Romans 7).

    Christians born of the Spirit are now able to refrain from sinning as a habitual lifestyle (1 John 3:9).

    We thank God we have Jesus as our advocate who pleads His blood with the Father as we ask forgiveness for our sins (1 John 1:7-10).

    JESUS CHRIST THE LAST ADAM

    For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
    For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive
    ( 1 Cor. 15: 21-22).

    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit (verse 45).

    The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven (verse 47).

    The Lord Jesus came to do that which Adam could not.

    He came to save those given Him by the Father.

    Jesus remained sinless in word, thought and deed.

    He remained obedient even unto death.

    By so doing, He qualified to give His life a ransom for many, but not all.

    He succeeded in His mission. He lost none given Him by the Father (John 17).

    Verse 22 cited above tells us of an extraordinary paradox between Adam and Christ.

    Both uses of the pronoun ‘all’ couldn’t be more divergent.

    All mankind were in Adam when he sinned; all die as a result of that original sin.

    Similarly, yet radically opposite, all who are in Christ (by grace) shall all live forever.

    In Adam all die, in Christ all live.

    All men are born in Adam. All die.

    Not all men are born in Christ. Not all men live.

    God had determined, in eternity, everyone born in Adam.

    Likewise, God determined, in eternity, everyone born in Christ.

    Those to be born in Christ are called the Elect, the sheep, the Bride, the Church, His friends.

    Those to be born in Adam were in him when he sinned in the Garden.

    Those to be born in Christ were in Him when He was beaten (Isaiah 53:5).

    Christ then bore our sin upon the cross because we Christians have been crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20; Colossian 2:12; Romans 6:4).

    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him (2 Cor. 5:21).

    It is on behalf of God’s Elect Christ died (John 17).

    It was on their behalf He prayed forgiveness (John 17).

    It is they who will all be saved.

    CONCLUSION: God had the right to impute Adam’s guilt to all his progeny. Everything God does is right, wise and holy.

    God has the right to impute Christ’s righteousness to all those He chooses to love; those He elected to save through the blood of His Son; those same ones who would be given the gift of the new birth in Christ.

    NEXT: Adam lost a will untainted by sin, which was perfectly free to choose good over evil. Does man now have that which Adam lost?
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,331
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Quote Originally Posted by ICONBUSTERS View Post
    NEXT: Adam lost a will untainted by sin, which was perfectly free to choose good over evil. Does man now have that which Adam lost?
    Subject - To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Will there be a conclusion?

  8. #8

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    No one dies because of the sin of another....

    Except Jesus.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,326

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    Subject - To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Will there be a conclusion?
    The answer is 'Calvinism'. But, what do we know, we're deceived by Satan:

    'He [Satan] disguises himself as beloved Preachers, Priests and Popes who tickle the ears of those ignorant and unregenerate false ‘Christians’ [Arminians] who will not tolerate sound doctrine [Calvinism]…..who prefer to believe lies.'

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    4,331
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    The answer is 'Calvinism'. But, what do we know, we're deceived by Satan:

    'He [Satan] disguises himself as beloved Preachers, Priests and Popes who tickle the ears of those ignorant and unregenerate false ‘Christians’ [Arminians] who will not tolerate sound doctrine [Calvinism]…..who prefer to believe lies.'
    Lies such as:

    Quote Originally Posted by ICONBUSTERS
    THE ULTIMATE ARMINIAN SLANDER:

    THERE ARE THOSE IN HELL WHOM GOD LOVES

    By Rand Winburn

    The reader is admonished to do a personal survey of Christians: Are there those in Hell whom God loves? Invariably the response is a somber, 'Yes, there are.' Citing John 3: 16 and 2Peter 3:9, the Arminian slanders the holy name, attributes and promises of our God in one fell swoop. By presupposing God loves every human creature ever born and is earnestly desiring that person's salvation, if he or she would only make a 'free-will decision for Christ', the loose-lipped Arminian makes several key theological errors which demean our Lord immeasurably.

    ...

    More....
    .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    181

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Adam’s will was created free of sin. He was imbued with original righteousness, having been made in the image and likeness of God.

    Adam lost that original righteousness, passing his now sinful nature to his progeny:

    And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth.

    Adam was created with the capability of freely choosing to sin or not to sin.

    Adam had true ‘free will.’

    He did not have the innate compulsion to sin as we do today.

    Yet he freely chose to sin.

    Scripture gives a profoundly damning indictment of the human race in Genesis 6:5 & 8:21:

    And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
    ……..the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth……


    Either the Holy Spirit was exaggerating the sinful nature of man or He was telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    This writer holds to the latter, believing the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth who cannot lie.

    In the judgment of our holy righteous God, mankind thinks thoughts which are only evil all the time.

    Jesus concurs:

    For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander (Matt. 15:19).

    Jesus judged His listeners as evil (Matt. 7:11; Luke 11:13).

    As a result of Adam’s freely choosing to sin, three significant changes occurred in his behavior.

    First, he innately felt the need to cover his nakedness because of the humiliation, shame and disgrace which accompanied his disobedience.

    Second, rather than continue the sweet fellowship with the Lord, he ran away, hiding in fear.

    Third, he refused to take responsibility for his sin, shifting the blame back to the Lord who gave him the woman in the first place.

    This same tactic is used by Paul’s detractors when informed God had determined the destinies of all men before they were born.

    Since the men whose doomed destinies were carrying out God’s eternal decree concerning their damned eternal outcome, how can they be blamed for doing exactly that which God infallibly and absolutely decreed they do?

    Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? (Romans 9:19).

    In other words, Paul’s detractors place the ultimate blame on God who destined them vessels of wrath fitted to destruction.

    After all, the vessels of wrath were simply carrying out His sovereign decree.

    Paul’s response is direct and sharp: The audacity of man questioning God’s character and motives!

    Similarly, Adam’s response to the Lord’s accusation was to question the Lord’s character and wisdom.

    MAN HAS NOT CHANGED

    The will and heart of man has not changed over the ages.

    By nature man runs from God and His divine truth.

    By nature man blames others for his ‘shortcomings,’ or blames his Creator (whoever that is) for making him ‘only human,’ liable to flaws.

    By nature man seeks that which will cover/hide his flaws.

    One common way is to believe man is basically ‘good,’ with the potential to be ‘better.’

    WHY MAN NEEDS A NEW HEART

    Jesus, the Apostles and Scripture do not waver when testifying to the depravity of the human condition.

    Though not all are literal murderers, all have murdered in their hearts (Matthew 5:21-22).

    In fact, it does not take long for mankind to break all commandments in their hearts.

    Man’s will is inextricably tied to his nature.

    Man does not will that which he naturally detests.

    Evil man does not desire that which is holy.

    The crucifixion of Christ is the ultimate demonstration of this truth.

    To counteract man’s detestation of true holiness, Satan has developed a counterfeit holiness which man does desire, giving him a false sense of eternal security.

    These come in the form of false Christs who demand little or nothing from worshippers.

    If you say a sinners’ prayer correctly with the right attitude, you are infallibly saved.

    They come in the form of ornate churches containing many images and idols, and even water which is blessed and holy.

    They come in the form of religious leaders who wear ostentatious garb to prove their religiosity and status.

    They may even perform lying signs and wonders to amaze their deluded followers.

    CONCLUSION: Man cannot, by the power of his sinful will, change his heart and desires.

    Man is impotent (Romans 5:1).

    Man needs the supernatural, omnipotent creative powers of Almighty God to effectuate that change.

    NEXT: God promises to effect that change in the many men He loves.
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

  12. #12

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stew Ward's Hip View Post
    No one dies because of the sin of another....

    Except Jesus.
    Just for clarity, and contrast: no one dies spiritually for the sin of another, perhaps - they might die because they were deceived by another, and then die for their own sin having been deceived (instead of set free from sin by truth from the other).

    Also, physically, Multitudes of people are dying EVERY DAY because of the multitude of ongoing sins of others.
    Thousands die every day in the USA from willful ongoing sinfulness of others.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,326

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcraig View Post
    Just for clarity, and contrast: no one dies spiritually for the sin of another, perhaps - they might die because they were deceived by another, and then die for their own sin having been deceived (instead of set free from sin by truth from the other).

    Also, physically, Multitudes of people are dying EVERY DAY because of the multitude of ongoing sins of others.
    Thousands die every day in the USA from willful ongoing sinfulness of others.
    Depends how you take the 'because'

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    181

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    Despite good intentions, no good thing dwelleth in the unregenerate man (Romans 7:18).

    In fact, it is impossible for the unregenerate man to please God (Romans 8:8).

    The Lord Himself acknowledges unregenerate Israel did not have a heart to fear Him and keep His commandments always, despite their vow promising “all that the Lord hath spoken we will do” (Exodus 19:8; Deut. 5:29).

    Moses explains the reason the Israelites did not keep their vow, though they witnessed the signs and great miracles by which the Lord delivered and preserved them:

    But to this day the LORD has not given you a heart to understand or eyes to see or ears to hear (Deut. 29:4).

    Despite the passing of thousands of years, man continues to have a stony heart, blind eyes and deaf ears when it comes to the spiritual realm, the Kingdom of God.

    Without the new spiritual birth, no man can come to Christ (John 6:44).

    This spiritual birth was promised by the LORD in Deut. 30:6 & 8:

    And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live…..
    …..And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the Lord
    , and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

    This promise of regeneration was reiterated by several OT prophets:

    Psalm 51:10; Psalm 65:4; Isaiah 54:13; Jeremiah 24:7, 31:31-34, for example.

    A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them
    (Ezekiel 36:26-27).

    Our Lord is not ignorant of man’s flaws.

    He understands their depth:

    The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9).

    The Lord knows it.

    This is why only He has the power and wisdom to recreate man into one who will love Him with all His heart, soul, strength and mind.

    This miracle God performs upon those He freely chooses to be merciful (Exodus 33:19; Romans 9:15).

    CONCLUSION: Do you love the Lord? If so, you do so because you are the recipient of God’s love and mercy.

    While you were His enemy, He changed you into someone who would be pleasing to Him….a new creation in Christ.

    Please do not dishonor the miraculous, gracious, omnipotent work of God by claiming He first saw your faith and therefore elected you.

    Merit has nothing whatsoever to do with salvation (Romans 3:24).

    The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them (Proverbs 20:12).

    NEXT: Testing is over.
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    181

    Re: To What Purpose the Garden of Eden?

    TO WHAT PURPOSE THE GARDEN OF EDEN, you ask?

    The purpose was four-fold.

    First, it was the means by which Satan could test his power to undermine man’s loyalty to God, making man subservient to a new god, Satan (Job 1; 2 Cor. 4:4).

    Second, it was the means by which the Lord could make known to man the deleterious effects of disobeying Him.

    Third, it was the means by which the Lord could make His grace and mercy known to mankind after the fall.

    Fourth, it was a lesson for all mankind. The Lord now has no need to test the obedience of each individual of the human race. Adam represented all men and failed. Therefore, all mankind failed with him.

    The Gospel is not a ‘test’ as many assume.

    Many believe and teach God elects those whom He foreknew would ‘accept Christ.’

    In other words, there is an implied ‘testing’ of each individual to see what they would do with the Gospel.

    Those who believe the Gospel pass the ‘test,’ and are rewarded with election unto salvation.

    Those who reject the Gospel fail the ‘test’ and are rewarded with perdition.

    But the Gospel is not a ‘test,’ but rather a ‘call.’

    And this call is efficacious to the Elect.

    The Elect are His sheep (Psalm 23; Psalm 100:3; John 10:27-28).

    His sheep hear His voice and obediently follow Him.

    Though they are spiritually dead, they hear His voice.

    “Lazarus, come forth.”

    Like Lazarus, they rise from their spiritual death when called.

    They are called and chosen and faithful (Rev. 17:14).

    They are the called, according to His purpose [to elect] (Romans 8:28).

    Paul emphasizes the irresistible nature of God’s call to the Elect:

    Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified (Romans 8:30).

    We Christians have been given the supreme honor and privilege of ‘calling’ God’s sheep into His fold by means of the Gospel.

    When accompanied with the Holy Spirit, the Gospel comes in power which fully convicts the Elect (1 Thess. 1:5; Titus 3:5).

    Like Paul, all Christians have been called by God’s grace (Galatians 1:15).

    CONCLUSION: God’s call is effectual to His chosen elect. Those are dead in unbelief, yet are called by the same omnipotent power which raised Christ from the dead. They are then blessed with spiritual life and a living faith (Ephesians 1 & 2).

    Both are the free gifts of God to the undeserving of His choosing (Romans 9:15).

    The testing of man has been over since the fall of Adam.

    Foreseen merit/faith is out of the question.

    Undeserved, unmerited efficacious grace is the biblical solution to man’s enmity and inability to come to Christ.

    For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure (Phil. 2:13).

    NEXT: Further observations.
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Garden of Eden found ?
    By Protective Angel in forum Breaking News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 3rd 2013, 05:27 PM
  2. Discussion Garden of Eden in Jerusalem?
    By SirToady in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun 25th 2012, 11:38 AM
  3. The Garden of Eden
    By buster in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Apr 6th 2012, 05:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •