View Poll Results: where will be the Lake of Fire?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Earth

2 20.00%
  • Another Planet

0 0%
  • Another Dimension

3 30.00%
  • Other (please explain)

5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lake of fire location?

Re: lake of fire location?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    Death and hell will be thrown into the Lake of fire. Revelation 20:14 KJV declares:
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

So, anything hell cannot be the same as Lake of fire.
    Actually that is "death and Hades were cast into the Lake of Fire". The Greek word Hades was translated as "hell" rather than transliterated by the KJV translators, and that has led to a lot of confusion.

Hades was called Sheol in Hebrew, which was also translated as "hell" (also leading to confusion). However, eternal Hell (which was created for the devil and his angels) is the Lake of Fire (termed Gehenna in the New Testament) and when Scripture says that "death and Hades were cast into the Lake of Fire" that is metaphorical.

What it means is that death is terminated on earth, and Hades (which is in the lower parts of the earth) is abolished after the Great White Throne Judgment. Hades is presently the abode of the unsaved, since all the saints who were in Sheol (in a separate compartment) were taken to Heaven at the resurrection of Christ, and "the gates of Hades" could not prevail against the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel567 View Post
    Since the Bible associates "outer darkness" with eternal Hell (the Lake of Fire) it would be reasonable to expect that this is outside space as we know it.
    Yes, that's a possibility. Earth is man's home, but when the guests have disqualified themselves from being in this home, they are put out. So it's a possibility. Don't have enough information to determine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel567 View Post
    Actually that is "death and Hades were cast into the Lake of Fire". The Greek word Hades was translated as "hell" rather than transliterated by the KJV translators, and that has led to a lot of confusion.

Hades was called Sheol in Hebrew, which was also translated as "hell" (also leading to confusion). However, eternal Hell (which was created for the devil and his angels) is the Lake of Fire (termed Gehenna in the New Testament) and when Scripture says that "death and Hades were cast into the Lake of Fire" that is metaphorical.

What it means is that death is terminated on earth, and Hades (which is in the lower parts of the earth) is abolished after the Great White Throne Judgment. Hades is presently the abode of the unsaved, since all the saints who were in Sheol (in a separate compartment) were taken to Heaven at the resurrection of Christ, and "the gates of Hades" could not prevail against the Church.
    Good points. But it makes me think that if the Lake of Fire was prepared for the rebellious angels, and they are not presently on the earth (or are they?--where is the abyss?), then what this may mean is that rebellious people will also be exiled from this earth, so that they will be as prohibited from life on this planet as the angels are.

What I'm proposing as a possibility is that as long as earth remains the home of both the righteous and the wicked Hades appears to be the final resting place of the wicked, which represents earthly graves and earthly judgments. The lake of fire may be, therefore, a passageway into a world outside of earth's orbit, a judgment that exiles people from the earth, just as wicked angels will be exiled from this earth and even now suffer severe limitations upon their activities on earth?

This is just a question. It does seem that the chasm between the righteous and the wicked is on this earth, as told in Jesus' story. Maybe this is the *current* state of affairs before wicked people are exiled from this planet? On the other hand the book of Revelation talks about prohibiting the wicked from entering New Jerusalem--this may suggest they *are* on this planet. I don't know.....

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    I picked other, because the scriptures do not tell us specifically where it's venue is; only that it is prepared for the wicked; and they cannot cross from it to the place of the just or vica-versa.

--It won't be the new earth; because it is devoid of sin and unrighteousness.
    --Nothing in scripture tells us it is another planet...it could be, but that would be speculation.
    --Nothing in scripture tells us it is another dimension...it could be, but that would be speculation.
    It could be the new earth. Fire purifies and cleanses. The new earth is purified by fire.

Blog Entries

5th avenue and 7th Street in Manhattan
    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Quote Originally Posted by amazzin View Post
    Hope that's not based on personal knowledge....

Wasn't there a blizzard or a snow storm that went through that area recently?

I guess all those who have sworn that "H will freeze over first" should be rethinking their vows.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

I can think of two other places, WA D.C. and freeways in the L.A. area around lunchtime or at the end of work day.

Personally, I think everything north of the Mason Dixon is Hell.

Blog Entries

Is the LOF different from the "pit" ie abyss? Note both have "stones". Is this lake of fire burning now?

So perhaps the abyss is the LOF before it is set on fire. It would then be set on fire upon Christ return.

So then can we determine where the abyss is located?

Actually the answer perhaps is right before our eyes. Let's go to the location of John's revelation, the island of Patmos. In Rev 13 we are told he sees a beast come up from the sea... so I imagine John looking out over the water and sees this vision. Now he would need to be looking west over the Agean see. Now this alone is not remarkable however next point.

The land mass at one point was gathered unto one place (pangea). Greece was consider the center of the universe, the center of this mass. Now there is a lot of talk in history of a point in a circle. I would conside the land mass the circle and the point a body of water in the middle. (this would be the abyss with the enterance deep beneath the water). Now if you look at a map you can notice a circular
    shape in the greek island where John could have been looking from his view and seeing a beast rise up from the sea......

So then the location of the LOF on the new earth? Will the land mass once again be in one place?

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Is the LOF different from the "pit" ie abyss? Note both have "stones". Is this lake of fire burning now?

So perhaps the abyss is the LOF before it is set on fire. It would then be set on fire upon Christ return.

So then can we determine where the abyss is located? I think I know where.

Actually the answer perhaps is right before our eyes. Let's go to the location of John's revelation, the island of Patmos. In Rev 13 we are told he sees a beast come up from the sea... so I imagine John looking out over the water and sees this vision. Now he would need to be looking west over the Agean see. Now this alone is not remarkable however next point.

The land mass at one point was gathered unto one place (pangea). Greece was consider the center of the universe, the center of this mass. Now there is a lot of talk in the occult of a point in a circle. I would conside the land mass the circle and the point a body of water in the middle. (this would be the abyss with the enterance deep beneath the water). Now if you look at a map you can notice a circular
    shape in the greek island where John could have been looking from his view and seeing a beast rise up from the sea......

So then the location of the LOF on the new earth? Will the land mass once again be in one place?
    I don't like to place too much stock in the occult, if any at all. All kinds of tales are told, usually to indicate the great power of the occult to determine the history of the world, its power over events, and the secret meaning of things. It is an imitation of God's power.

But let's look at the questions you raised, because they are worth asking, I think. The fiery furnace, to me, has been blown all out of proportion by those with artistic bent and a habit of exaggeration to create a medieval torture chamber--something I think God would have little to do with.

However, there is some truth in it. The fiery furnace is indeed a place of torment--not torture, but torment. It's a place of regret, sorrow, and bitterness. It's a waterless place because it lacks the blessing of God. It is existence without God's companionship, works done out of loveless industry. At least that's how I tend to look at it.

Far from it being a description of the actual place it is merely a description of what it is not. It is *not* a place of blessing. It is not with God. It is not in the light of God's beauty. Rather, it is a furnace of destruction, to destroy ungodly works, to destroy the very memory of wickedness, and a complete removal of the source of wickedness from earth.

The Abyss is a place that conjures images of the ocean depths, the disappearance of what once was beneath the ocean surface and buried in the depths of the sea. It is that which the Flood destroyed and covered, never more to be seen. It is something that no longer is. Perhaps it is significant that in the New Creation there will no longer be a Sea?

The Abyss appears in Revelation to be as a furnace. A furnace depicted the fate of Israel in Egypt, when they were slaves, and not yet delivered from the Egyptians. It was a determination of Israel's metal, the removal of temporal bondage to hopefully reveal in Israel something of eternal worth.

The furnace also describes the fate of Jerusalem when that city rebelled against God and turned to unspeakable wickedness. It was the destruction of their existence, and not an actual place of torment.

The furnace was also the fate of Assyrians who came against Jerusalem to destroy it, and yet were burned up themselves. It was their fate, and not necessarily a place to which they went in judgment.

And of course it was the fate of Antichrist and the False Prophet at the Battle of Armageddon. Again, it was their fate, more than a place to which they were sent. The fires of judgment are to be, I think, real fire, as arising from a real battle. I believe Armageddon will be a world-wide nuclear war, destroying saint and sinner alike. However, this judgment is to remove the sinner from the earth. The saints will be raised new and incorruptible.

The Devil will join the Antichrist and the False Prophet in the Lake of Fire at the end of the Millennium because apparently he also is destroyed from the earth. It's not that the Devil can be destroyed in a real earthly conflagration, but that his minions will be destroyed in that kind of fire at the end of the Millennium. And like his minions he also will be destroyed, or removed, from the earth. Notice that this appears to be something that happens on the earth because they suffer this destruction in the lake of fire "day and night." Something that occurs "day and night" must be on the earth, one would think? But rather than be a description of an actual geographical place I think this describes their fate, as well as their removal from the earth.

But the description of the Lake of Fire appears to be similar to the Fiery Furnace, which is a description of the removal of temporal elements to expose the more important metals, such as silver and gold. Not much is said with respect to the actual place that the lost go, except that they are destroyed on the Earth. Perhaps "outer darkness" is the best way to describe it, a place outside of the earth where righteous mankind will reign forever, unmolested by evil?

However, earth is the eternal home of man. And if wicked men are to suffer an eternal fate on earth, and yet to be destroyed, never more to molest the earth, then I think a "lake of fire" adequately explains not just their judgment, but also their fate--the place they will go. It is a lake, which is a confined area. It is a fire--a removal of physical existence as we know it. But it will be a physical existence apparently because it is the 2nd Death, the result of a 2nd Resurrection. And that apparently will be a resurrection for both the Millennial saints and the rebels among mankind, but I'm referring here only to the wicked. I have *no idea* what this will be. Perhaps we are being spared the details?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I don't like to place too much stock in the occult, if any at all. All kinds of tales are told, usually to indicate the great power of the occult to determine the history of the world, its power over events, and the secret meaning of things. It is an imitation of God's power.
    The point in the circle is a pattern. (our eyes are the same pattern, planets ect....) A pattern which is used throughout history by many. I do believe that it sysbolizes earth as it was created. Water around a round land mass surrounding a point. The point being the body of water which would lead to the abyss.

The Abyss is a place that conjures images of the ocean depths, the disappearance of what once was beneath the ocean surface and buried in the depths of the sea. It is that which the Flood destroyed and covered, never more to be seen. It is something that no longer is.
    Well the abyss still exisits.....

I believe Armageddon will be a world-wide nuclear war, destroying saint and sinner alike. However, this judgment is to remove the sinner from the earth. The saints will be raised new and incorruptible.
    Armageddon is the actual returning of Christ with hbis army. No nuclear war. Nuclear war will occur some years prior and create a world a wilderness. Matt 24:6.7

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    The point in the circle is a pattern. (our eyes are the same pattern, planets ect....) A pattern which is used throughout history by many. I do believe that it sysbolizes earth as it was created. Water around a round land mass surrounding a point. The point being the body of water which would lead to the abyss.

Well the abyss still exisits.....

Armageddon is the actual returning of Christ with hbis army. No nuclear war. Nuclear war will occur some years prior and create a world a wilderness. Matt 24:6.7
    You must be one of those post-apocalyptic guys? I'm 50/50 on those kinds of movies.... Well, make it 25/75--I'm less likely to watch them because they are grisly, although they can be entertaining.

Thread Information