Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: HEALING(moved from GIC)

  1. #1

    HEALING(moved from GIC)

    I want you to know that your healing is a righteous work of Christ. Healing is in the nature of Christ - the Anointed One. Any kind of fellowship with the Son of God brings about healing because it is His holy nature to heal.

    There is the element of healing in the Anointing. Even some of spices used in compounding the holy anointing oil (Exodus 30:23-25) have medicinal value.


    What is healing?

    Healing is the filling to capacity of any lack, whether within or outside the body or whether about a thing concerning you. It brings a non-functiong, malfunctioning, under-functioning or a dysfunctional person or thing to a full functioning capacity.

    Therefore, it is no longer the will God that all believers should be healed, but it is the reality in Christ that we were healed. By His stripes we were healed (1 Peter 2:24).

    Health is not a legal right, but your living right by reason of believing the truth. By nature, we were created to be constantly replenished (healed) and to replenish the earth from which we were created.

    In the new heaven and new earth, there will be the tree of life whose leaves are for perpetual healing so that all nations will function in their full capacities.

    So, we will always be healing as long as we have life. Our healing is not only because of sickness or disease, but because of the need for all things to be replenished.

    Do not say that God caused your sickness or disease. Also, do not say that God is allowing your sickness or disease to persist; He does no such things for any reason whatsoever; He does not afflict any believer with sickness in order to demonstrate His healing power. Rather, believers afflicted for whatever reasons go to the Christ for healing.

    Remember that, without exception or upbraiding, Jesus Christ healed all who came or were brought to Him. He has given all believers the power to heal and be healed.

    Because your health is a righteousness of Christ, when you are healed, you declare His righteousness.

    Believe God as a matter of your right of life with the Christ. It is His expression of love to heal you. That is because He heals with the power of His Spirit.

    When you believe Jesus Christ, He gives you the free gift of faith that imputes righteousness, even the righteousness of the promise of healing. It is your right!

    When you believe the Lord Jesus Christ, He gives you the hope of healing. It is your right!

    When you believe the Lord, He makes you endure with a great assurance of healing. It is your right!

    When you believe God, He gives you the substance and perfection of healing. Also, these are your rights!

    Often, all believers have need for healing: whether of sickness or disease in the body or of any other lack. Let us know that, by being in the Christ who is in Heaven, we were healed.

    Let the elders and righteous saints pray fervently for your healing to be made manifest on earth as it is in Heaven. Know that their prayers avail much, even up to the measure of your healing that is already in the Christ.

    Be healed by the faith of God. Amen.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    on the Way
    Posts
    6,817
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: HEALING

    I believe that Christ healed every Christian from the sickness called sin. I do not believe God will give out diseases, but i do believe that He allows it, as He can use it to further His Kingdom.

    I also do not believe in rights. We have no rights towards God. Only He has the right, for us it is a gift, something that we did not earn, but was freely given.

    I have been anointed and prayed over more than once and i still am sick, but if i see how wonderful God is using my suffering to bring people to Him, I'd gladly suffer another decade or 3.......

    Love you,
    Mieke
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

    Casting Crowns

  3. #3

    Re: HEALING

    I also know that rights are given to us as gifts. For example, we have the right of access to God by faith. It is not because we work to earn them, but because Christ worked both to earn and to give them to us.

    Healing is more than for sickness and disease. It can also be for sin or for any other condition of man that is operating in less than full capacity.

    Jesus did not tell sick, disease bearing and oppressed folks "I came to heal the sickness called sin", He healed every single one of them of their respective sicknesses and diseases because it is His nature to heal.

    So, today, why would He not also heal all who go to Him for the healing of sicknesses and diseases? Truth is that He continues to heal: I am a direct recipient of His healing. Notwithstanding my personal testimony (or another person's testimony to the contrary), God's testimony that Christ heals all who come to Him is the truth we must believe.

    God neither allows nor uses any sickness or disease for the furtherance of His kingdom. There is absolutely no scriptural basis to support such a mistaken claim that is so commonly made.

    Rather, for whomsoever He loves, Christ speaks (makes a declaration) to change the ultimate destination/result of every sickness or disease from death to His glorification. We see Him make such a declaration in John 11:4 KJV:

    When Jesus heard that , he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

    Some folks may point to the story of Job as an example of God allowing a believer to go through calamities. But, Job's case was that of God allowing Satan to test the integrity of a perfect man. Job was not allowed to be afflicted in order for the Son to be glorified or for the furtherance of the kingdom of God. From the test of his integrity, Job (a son of God) was made to know God as the Lord of hosts.

    It is in the nature of Christ to heal every believer. Christ is able to heal every believer no matter how long s/he has endured sickness and disease.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    on the Way
    Posts
    6,817
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: HEALING

    I have to disagree with you. If Jesus would heal all our diseases that we have as Christians, there would not be one sick Christian anymore. It almost sounds like you say i don't believe the right way so i don't get healed. i am a strong believer for many years now and there were whole churches over the world at some point praying for my healing, I have been anointed and prayed over 4 times and it is not in Gods Will that I heal right now from my physical handicaps. I do believe He healed me, He healed me from the sickness called sin.

    And as far as God using sickness to further His Kingdom, for that you can read the book of Job. I see no reason why what happened to Job, would not happen to any of us. God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow. Also Paul talks about a thorn in his flesh that does not heal, and Timothy needed wine for his stomache. So if Jesus healed everyone, I am quite sure He would have healed Paul instantly, as he was working greatly in His Service.

    And we cannot say 100% certain that Jesus healed everyone that came to Him when He walked the earth. We have no records of that.
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

    Casting Crowns

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    on the Way
    Posts
    6,817
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: HEALING

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious
    I want you to know that your healing is a righteous work of Christ. Healing is in the nature of Christ - the Anointed One. Any kind of fellowship with the Son of God brings about healing because it is His holy nature to heal
    i disagree with that. God will have mercy on whom He has mercy. That does not include all the believers.

    There is the element of healing in the Anointing. Even some of spices used in compounding the holy anointing oil (Exodus 30:23-25) have medicinal value.
    Olive oil was considered healing medicine in those days. Olive oil is a buffer between two parts that go together, and is a reference to the Holy Spirit who is a buffer between the believers and the world.

    What is healing?

    Healing is the filling to capacity of any lack, whether within or outside the body or whether about a thing concerning you. It brings a non-functiong, malfunctioning, under-functioning or a dysfunctional person or thing to a full functioning capacity.

    Therefore, it is no longer the will God that all believers should be healed, but it is the reality in Christ that we were healed. By His stripes we were healed (1 Peter 2:24).
    Peter was not talking about physical healing. He was talking about spiritual healing.

    1 Peter
    2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
    2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
    2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently ? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
    2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
    2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
    2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
    2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

    the healing is about completion, the word healed here also means to bring to salvation. He also says we should follow in Jesus' footsteps, and He suffered greatly and so should we. Persecution is not always being unsafe in your own country. It also has to do with satan persecuting us with the bad things of this world, and that includes sickness.
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

    Casting Crowns

  6. #6

    Re: HEALING

    I believe your post #4 was made while I was editing post #3 to add the following :

    Some folks may point to the story of Job as an example of God allowing a believer to go through calamities. But, Job's case was that of God allowing Satan to test the integrity of a perfect man. Job was not allowed to be afflicted in order for the Son to be glorified or for the furtherance of the kingdom of God. From the test of his integrity, Job (a son of God) was made to know God as the Lord of hosts.
    Jesus healed all who went or were brought to Him. He couldn't heal folks from his neck of the woods (Matthew 18:54-58) because they would not go to Him by reason of unbelief.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Resting in Him
    Posts
    5,955

    Re: HEALING

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    God neither allows nor uses any sickness or disease for the furtherance of His kingdom. There is absolutely no scriptural basis to support such a mistaken claim that is so commonly made.
    I disagree ...

    John 9:1-3 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

    2 Corinthians 12:9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
    ***
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

    Psalms 25:5
    ***

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    on the Way
    Posts
    6,817
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: HEALING

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    I believe your post #4 was made while I was editing post #3 to add the following :

    Jesus healed all who went or were brought to Him. He couldn't heal folks from his neck of the woods (Matthew 18:54-58) because they would not go to Him by reason of unbelief.
    Hmm.... I hope you don't mean that I don't heal due to my unbelief, because that would be very untrue. God knows my heart and He has healed me in the past from complications of my disease, but my disease isn't healed. I still believe that that somehow fits perfectly in His Plan for me.
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

    Casting Crowns

  9. #9

    Re: HEALING

    Quote Originally Posted by miepie View Post
    i disagree with that. God will have mercy on whom He has mercy. That does not include all the believers.
    Do you have any scripture to support your claim? Is there any believer you've ever read about in the Bible from whom God witheld mercy and purposely hardened?

    If mercy is to preserve the hope-filled believer, why would God deny mercy to the believer?


    Quote Originally Posted by miepie View Post
    Olive oil was considered healing medicine in those days. Olive oil is a buffer between two parts that go together, and is a reference to the Holy Spirit who is a buffer between the believers and the world.
    From where did you get this piece of information? Read Exodus 30:23-25 for God's instruction about how the anointing oil should be compounded. Olive oil alone does not make the anointing oil, but its combination with myrrh, cinnamon, calamus and cassia does. Some of the spices have medicinal value for healing.

    The compounded anointing oil, not only the virgin olive oil, was a type (symbol) of the Holy Spirit.

    The Holy Spirit is not a buffer between believers and the world. I don't see how He is a buffer.... unless you have a new theory with which to explain.

    Quote Originally Posted by miepie View Post
    Peter was not talking about physical healing. He was talking about spiritual healing.

    1 Peter
    2:18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.
    2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
    2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently ? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.
    2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
    2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
    2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
    2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
    Peter, was speaking about how Jesus Christ, for the sake of "conscience toward God endured grief, suffering wrongfully". So, he gave some examples, quoting in part from Isaiah 53:5. So, how is Isaiah 53:5 a case of spiritual healing?

    Were Jesus' stripes not physical? Was He not physically reviled and threatened? Did He not bear our sins in His physical body on the Cross? Yes, He physically all of did those things!

    Quote Originally Posted by miepie View Post
    the healing is about completion, the word healed here also means to bring to salvation. He also says we should follow in Jesus' footsteps, and He suffered greatly and so should we. Persecution is not always being unsafe in your own country. It also has to do with satan persecuting us with the bad things of this world, and that includes sickness.
    If you say we follow after Jesus' suffering, did He suffer being sick or by having disease? No, He did not!

    So, let us suffer from the same things that He suffered from.

    miepie, do you believe that Jesus Christ, today, heals at all?
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    8,379
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: HEALING

    Moved to BC.............
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    on the Way
    Posts
    6,817
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: HEALING

    Sorry Glorious. I can't agree with you and don't have the energy anymore or the strength to answer you. We are never going to agree anyway because our views of Christianity are too far apart and you will keep on arguing about every point I say. I am noi just go back to my simple moderating job here. I am not going to look up your Scriptures either, but to tell you where I have the mercy part of, I will post that here:

    Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

    And as far as 1 Peter goes, you are taking the text out of context, because the chapter is about sin and not about physical healing. There is no way any of us can suffer what Jesus suffered for us, and that was far more than physical healing.

    With this I'll unsubscribe from this thread.
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

    Casting Crowns

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,974
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: HEALING

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    miepie, do you believe that Jesus Christ, today, heals at all?
    Of course she does. Did you not read her post #8?

    This thread makes me uncomfortable, Glorious. Whether it is you assertion or not, you seem to be teetering close to the edge of saying that God heals everyone and we just have to have enough faith. And that if someone prays to be healed and is not - then something is spiritually deficient in that person. If that's not what you are saying, please correct me.

    God did not heal all in the Bible who asked - nor did everyone ask.

    • Three times, God did not take away Paul's thorn in the flesh. He said it was to keep Paul humble - ergo, furthering the kingdom of God.
    • Paul did not pray for Timothy to be healed of his affliction. He gave him medical advice.
    • And here today, Miepie, is one of the most faithful women I know. She and her husband have a prayer ministry. She sends handmade prayer cards and needlework literally all over the world to those who are suffering.


    It wounds me to see her faith challenged here.

    My brother is mentally handicapped. I pray for him all of the time. My father has completely lost his hearing and my mother has a bleed in one and her vision is terribly impaired. I pray for their healing all of the time. If God chooses to do so, he will. If not, I will accept that. It's MY responsibility to pray and pray in faith and accept God's will. It is NOT God's responsibility to jump every time I call and heal only on my faith and request.

    I don't like this doctrine of "just have faith and you won't suffer". That's not in the Bible.

    Some are gloriously healed. Some are delivered from sin. Some experience both. Some are saved, but never physically healed.

    That's God's business. And we need to accept that.
    ".....it's your nickel"

  13. #13

    Re: HEALING

    Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    I disagree ...

    John 9:1-3 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

    2 Corinthians 12:9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
    Was the blind man from birth brought to Jesus for healing or did he go to Jesus for healing? Even the Pharisees knew not to call it a healing.

    John 9 is a deeply interesting story with many lessons to learn from:

    1. Does it say anything about healing of sight or creating that which was never in existence? Jesus as the Christ (Anointing) heals. But, as the Light, He creates that which has never been in existence. John 9:4-5 KJV declares:

    I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

    [5] As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

    2. He creates in whom there is no sin, but heals in whom there is sin.

    I can go further and further, but won't at this time. I hope you understand the difference between healing and creating.

    Pertaining to Paul's thorn in the flesh: was it a case of Christ refusing to heal Paul or a case of reminding Paul to use the certain dispensation (supply) already given him? Paul realized that what he needed to sack the thorn was already with him.... he then knew and did what he needed to do in order to remove the thorn. I believe that he was healed from that point on.

    We already have healing in the Christ. As believers, let us do what we must do to make it manifest in our physical bodies.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,985
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: HEALING(moved from GIC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious View Post
    I want you to know that your healing is a righteous work of Christ. Healing is in the nature of Christ - the Anointed One. Any kind of fellowship with the Son of God brings about healing because it is His holy nature to heal.
    We will all be healed at the resurrection. Your insight isn't wrong but you're applying it to the wrong timetable. I also think most of the time "healing" or "blessing" is mentioned it's purely spiritual.
    You shall remember all the way which the Lord your God has led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you,
    testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. Dt. 8

  15. #15

    Re: HEALING(moved from GIC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    We will all be healed at the resurrection. Your insight isn't wrong but you're applying it to the wrong timetable. I also think most of the time "healing" or "blessing" is mentioned it's purely spiritual.
    The "timetable" for healing is before death and resurrection.

    That is how come healing is one of the finished works of Jesus Christ. By His stripes we were healed; His stripes were before His death and resurrection.

    At resurrection, you won't need any healing for your present body because you will resurrect into a different and more glorious body.

    Thanks for your post.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New here - looking for healing
    By Repolla in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 22nd 2014, 12:04 AM
  2. How Do I Ask God Fot Healing?
    By wayne in forum Prayer
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jul 11th 2013, 06:21 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 5th 2009, 05:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •