Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HEALING(moved from GIC)

Blog Entries

Re: HEALING(moved from GIC)

Another good explanation:

We usually associate the love of God with the benefits we receive from Him and the blessings that come from His kind and merciful hand. Because His love usually manifests itself in good things that happen to us, we sometimes fall back in shock and consternation when we see a child struck by disease or some other trauma.

Before we speak to the question of why God allows children to suffer, we need to ask the bigger question: Why does God allow suffering to happen to any person, whether he's two years old, two months old, or twenty years old? The Scriptures tell us that suffering came into the world as a consequence of the fall of man and of creation; that is to say, it is because of sin that God has visited judgment upon this planet. That includes the curses of pain, disease, sorrow, and death that attend the consequences of wickedness.

How could a loving and holy God allow a baby to suffer a debilitating disease? I think the answer is partly contained in that very question. God is holy, and in His holiness He exercises judgment against the wickedness that is prevalent in human nature. When we ask the question with respect to infants, sometimes lurking behind that question is the unspoken assumption that babies are innocent. Virtually every church in the history of Christendom has had to develop some concept of what we call original sin because the Scriptures teach us so clearly that we are born in a sinful state and that the curse of the fall attends every human life. That sounds grim and dreadful until we realize that in that judgment on fallen humanity comes also the tempering of God's wrath with mercy and grace and His whole work of redemption. We believe with great joyous anticipation that there is a special measure of grace that God has reserved for those who die in infancy. Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come unto me, for to such belongs the kingdom of God" (Matt. 19:14).

One warning that I have to raise at this point is that we dare not jump to the conclusion that an individual person's particular disease or affliction is a direct result of some particular sin. That may not be the case at all. As humans, all of us must participate in the broad complex of the fallenness of our humanity, which includes the tragedy of disease. http://www.ligonier.org/learn/qas/wh...hild-suffer-t/
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Blog Entries

And finally this is a good read:

Is sickness ever part of God's will for believers?

When Adam and Eve gave in to Satan's temptation in the Garden of Eden, they brought both sin and evil into a formerly perfect world. The result of sin is death (Romans 6:23), and all of creation, including humanity, has been suffering under death's curse ever since (Romans 5:12; 8:19–22). Death encompasses both physical and spiritual death and means more than our hearts ceasing to function or spending eternity in hell. Among other things, death also includes the natural evils of our world—evils like sickness and disease. Although God allowed man to make the choice that enslaved him to sin, it was not God's will for humanity to sin—He is perfectly holy, His very nature being in exact opposition to sin (Psalm 5:4; 92:15; James 1:13). It is also not God's will for us to live forever with the consequences of sin. Not only has He provided Jesus as our Savior, one day He will create "a new heaven and a new earth" (Revelation 21:1) without the stain of sin. But even now God is sovereign over all. Despite the fact that sin and evil, with all their consequences, have taken hold of mankind, there is nothing that happens without God's allowance.

In most cases, illness and death are a natural outcome of the evil caused by man's sin, which affects our bodies and all of nature around us. However, there have been rare occurrences when God has directly inflicted an illness upon someone to teach a lesson or in cases of grave sin (Daniel 4:28–37; 2 Chronicles 26:19–20; Acts 5:1–10). He may also use sickness as a means of loving discipline for believers (Hebrews 12:5–11).

Regardless of whether God actively inflicts an illness or passively allows it, we can see His ultimate purposes: to bring glory to Himself and to reveal His nature to us. God's power and sovereignty allow Him to use even the direst of circumstances to bring about His sovereign will. This may include showing His power through miraculous healing (John 9:1–3), bringing non-believers to salvation, or any number of things—including those known only to Himself.

Make no mistake—God is grieved when those He loves are suffering. He often shows His love and compassion for us through others who minister to us and care for us during times of sickness (2 Corinthians 1:3–5). And no matter what happens, we can trust that God is good, because that is His nature. He will never unnecessarily afflict us, and He can use these times of sorrow to bring about good things in our lives or the lives of others (Romans 8:28).

Even though it can be difficult to experience illness or to watch those we love suffer, we can still have faith that God is sovereign and that He cares for each one of us. We may not see His plans and purposes come to fruition during our lifetimes, but we can rest assured that God knows what He is doing.

Source: https://www.compellingtruth.org/sickness-will-God.html
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Re: HEALING

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    I believe that healing is ultimately God's will. Jesus came to reveal the nature and will of God and while here, never turned anyone away from being healed (Acts 10:38). However, there are MANY variable when it comes to being healed. It isn't always lack of faith, like the original poster is implying. Nor is it always because someone has sin in their life. Sometimes it is timing (many examples of that in the Gospels and Acts). Other times, the sickness is unto death because it's God's appointed time. We still see through a glass dimly, even in New Testament times.

Hebrews 2:8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him.

Though sickness and disease are under His feet, in this present time (now), we don't always see the evidence of that subjection.

My advice: have faith like the three Hebrew young men (Daniel 3):
    1 - Our God is ABLE
    2 - Our God is WILLING
    3 - BUT if not - we will still serve Him

I have been supernaturally healed at least 4 times in my life, and God has kept me in generally good health. But I also know that when I've been sick or injured that God has given me a greater compassion for the hurting.
    God's will is meant only for beloved believers who are born of God. Healing is not a part because it has already been completed for prior to our being born of God. Rather, deliverance from evil captivity and judgment of condemnation is the will of God for the born of God child or servant.

There is a difference between healing and deliverance. Job, for example, was not healed. Job 42:10 KJV declares:

And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Whosoever is in evil captivity, which is worse than death, can be sifted in whatsoever way the devil wants and left desolate. But God Almighty, by giving knowledge of the Father to the captive, is able to take evil captivity capture and destroy all evil.

Hebrews 2:8 does not interprete the way you have given. Read together with verse 9. Hebrews 2:8-9 KJV declares:

Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

[9] But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

God has put all things under subjection to His beloved children. Although we (beloved children) do not yet see all things put under our feet, He has put them. For example, many have not seen death put under their feet.

Only Jesus, according to verse 9, who was made a little lower than angels for the suffering of death, has seen all things put under His feet. He is crowned with glory and honour. By grace, He has tasted death for every man.
    Grace and peace unto you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by Christinme View Post
    I'm saying all this in response to you ... but it could/would change with the understanding that I write below, to the next part of your post ...

No he didn't go to Jesus for a healing ... yet Jesus decided to heal him after the disciples asked Jesus this ...

John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

And the Pharisees did say ... "Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day." So obviously they are saying Jesus did something that day ... they didn't specify out that he healed the man, but do tell what do you think they were talking about if not that???

And my response was to your statement below:

And Jesus clearly said that this man's blindness was for ...

John 9:3 ... that the works of God should be made manifest in him

Seems to me that Jesus healing him was "for the furtherance of His kingdom" ...

OK ... let's go with that ... the guy was physically blind and then he was not physically blind ... if you don't want to call what He did was a healing ok ... but the guy did have the condition of being physically blind ... and I'm kind of liking where you are going here ... the guys condition had nothing to do with sin, which that seems clear from the Scripture ...

So seems you are saying Jesus didn't heal him of his physical blindness but created physical sight where there was none ... sounds good. In that sense then all the physical dissimilarities that exist between us as humans as far as abilities (and for some reason some are called disabilities) aren't something to be "healed" ... oh by the way I do a lot of volunteer work with the "differently challenged" ...

So if you are saying that "healing" is what needs to be done with the spiritual "health" of a person and not the physical "health" of a person well then I'm all for that ... Jesus is in the business of doing that in the HERE AND NOW ... "healing" our Spiritual health.

That seems to be all conjecture ... and most everything everyone says concerning this is conjecture since we don't really get a lot of information on it ... one thing that seems to me to be true is that God had a purpose for it ...

Concerning the condition of our physical bodies seems to me that is up to Him to make manifest what He chooses to make manifest and not necessarily up to us ...
    I feel so unpicked on here or like being so insignificant to not even "deserve" a response ...
    Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
    For You are the God of my salvation;
    On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Blog Entries

If all in Christ were healed and had perfect health, no Christian would die of natural causes. It is utterly ridiculous to attempt to manipulate God and get away with it.
    "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

- Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    If all in Christ were healed and had perfect health, no Christian would die of natural causes. It is utterly ridiculous to attempt to manipulate God and get away with it.
    Yep. Old age is part of the curse and a disease.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

And its corollary, "Old age is not for sissies."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Yep. Old age is part of the curse and a disease.
    My assurance is that the Eternal One who dwells in me also lives through my hardships, my sicknesses, and even my transgressions. He will never leave me nor forsake me. And not because of anything I have done, but through the blood of Christ and His Righteousness. There is not one thing I can do to make Him love me more, nor one thing I can do that will make Him love me less. I know that every desert I walk through He is walking through with me. There is not one heartache He does not endure with me. Not one flinch of pain.

Christians need to come to realize that nothing holy is accomplished by our own effort. "What would Jesus do" is not how we walk in victory. Rather the question should be "what will Jesus do through my obedience to He who dwells within me?"

It's all about abiding in Him in obedience. This has been a consistent theme throughout the entire Bible. It's not about us, it's about Him. It always has been, from the first moment God breathed the breath of life in Adam, until we draw our last breath - and beyond.
    "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

- Jesus

Thread Information