Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I want to become a Christian

Re: I want to become a Christian

In this moment, I am still somewhere else. I am stocked. I hope soon Jesus would be "No'1" for me in my life. Pepole please pray for me for that.I can't wait...

You can see the world around you is run by something/someone, very easy to go into conspiracy theories, however i think its the Holy Spirit showing you things, thats how it started for me. Basically awareness of God and the devil.

Bible prophesy is a great tool to strengthen you faith. First, i suggest you familiarize yourself with the life of Jesus, who he was, what he said, what he did, and memorize events, because everything he said, did etc, is important. Then you can start with Isiah 53 and Psalm 22 as a light peek into the prophetic aspects of the bible.

Never start with the Old testament. Start with the NEW testament and the person of Jesus, by knowing him you know God, and you see a kind God. You probably have to read the NEW testament several times to remember enough details. With that in mind, you can eventually read the Old testament, and then you'll get revelation after revelation as you go trough it.

You probably will need to google alot, because a lot of things have meanings that at first will seem like contradictions or dont make sense, however everything there has much more meaning to it than at first glanse. And if what you read in the bible starts happening in real life, then its the word that becomes living, like the bible says, the word is alive (happened to me).

Cool Re: I want to become a Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Junko View Post
    .,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,,,.;.,,, I am not Buddhist
    You are who you are. I'm not a Buddhist either.
    But did you know that you can be a Christian & a Buddhist all at the same time

but I am now very interested in becoming a Christian.
    Did you know that you can be a Christian & a Buddhist all at the same time. There are many overlaps in the teachings. While in your studies could you foot note where the two cross paths in common thinking?

just asking (:-

For that I am getting a bible which is written in Japanese..
    My only connection with the "Bible" is the King James version containing the Old & New Testament. cr1985. The Bible my mother gave me is titled "The open Bible"; #97580.

I have no idea how long it takes and does it depend on how well one understands the content of the bible?..
    Does it matter-?

I would like to know all this....Please give me advices as much as possible...
    Are you speaking to me (:-

Thank you and kind regards,
    Junko
    Same to you and yours (:-

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdyson View Post

Did you know that you can be a Christian & a Buddhist all at the same time. There are many overlaps in the teachings. While in your studies could you foot note where the two cross paths in common thinking?
    -
    James, that is not good advice. We need to leave our old life and follow Jesus.

Jesus said: I am the way, the truth, and the life.

There are not many paths to God, only one: The Lord Jesus Christ

The Bible tells us to seek the Lord with all your heart and you will find Him

be blessed
    Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

That is great news that you have a desire to become a Christian - part of God's family. We welcome you

Quote Originally Posted by John777 View Post
    James, that is not good advice. We need to leave our old life and follow Jesus.

Jesus said: I am the way, the truth, and the life.

There are not many paths to God, only one: The Lord Jesus Christ

The Bible tells us to seek the Lord with all your heart and you will find Him

be blessed
    Amen! Acts 4:12 - And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.

John 10:9 - I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY.

Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Blog Entries

Truthfully, Jesus is the only way to God and to heaven.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. John 10:7-9

If I wanted to go to Shanghai I wouldn't take the road to Hong Kong, would you?

In no only thing under heaven is that reasoning is true, example, all ingredients makes a cake.

What James is telling you is error and false, don't believe him.

I WILL pray for you Junko, just stay right here on this board until Jesus lives inside you.

Blog Entries

Sorry Junko, I happen to know that your name is Japanese, not Chinese, I should have used Japanese cities in my example, lol.

To make a cake sprinkle in a heaping amount of garlic powder, empty in a can of tomato paste, oh and black pepper. All ingredients make a delicious cake. About as ridiculous as all paths lead to God.

Thanks for becoming a member, Junko.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdyson View Post
    You cannot follow two masters. Either you follow the one and only true God - John 14:6 - or you are judged unworthy and go to hell. There are no loopholes, overlaps, get out of hell free cards or any way around it.

The very fact that you would claim that one could be both shows that you know very little about both. Stick around and be edified about the one true way but please don't try to give anyone else advice about how to be a Christian. You obviously need to learn that for yourself.
    Oh, come, all ye faithful,
    Joyful and triumphant.

O come, let us adore Him Christ the Lord!

Hi,friends!!! I thank you all for your comments.Every week, I am studying Bible with a Japanese Christian here in Switzerland by Skype.I know there are many similar thoughts in Christianity and Buddhism.It's really true.That's why I like about every religions.Well why I chose Christianity is that simply I am in Switzerland where
    country is influenced by Christianity.

Hi,friends!!! I thank you all for your comments.Every week, I am studying Bible with a Japanese Christian here in Switzerland by Skype.I know there are many similar thoughts in Christianity and Buddhism.It's really true.That's why I like about every religions.Well why I chose Christianity is that simply I am in Switzerland where
    country is influenced by Christianity.
    Hi Junko;

That’s great news you are studying with a Christian.

Though it may be true that many religions have similar teaching to Christianity only Christianity teaches about a savior who died and was raised so that we could have a relationship with a living and loving God. Only Christianity teaches that salvation cannot be earned by doing good things. It is only through faith in Jesus whereby He makes us righteous to enter Gods kingdom. That salvation is a free gift which cannot be earned by us through any method.

Any religion that teaches you must or even can earn your access into God’s kingdom by what you do is a false religion and cannot be trusted to teach truth.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Hi! Old man.I thank you for your reply.May I ask how old you are? Do you belive a life for 1000 years? I do belive Jesus is talking about such life. Off course, every religions have it's own speciality...I respect that.I came from the world where Buddhism and Shintoism.I know a lot about good thoughts about them.
    Last edited by Junko; Oct 21st 2017 at 01:55 PM.

I had a "Bible Study"with my Christian friend on Friday night on Skype.Are there pepole on this forum also reading Bible and talking about Bible by Skype?What I have studied was about Jesus really died for us.

Thread Information