Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to become a Christian

Blog Entries

Re: I want to become a Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Junko View Post
    I am sorry for if my question had made you confused. What I mean is to imagine the world would be only Christianity on this planet, how would you feel about it?
    Off course, in reality I know it's not like that.There are many different kind of religions on this planet as you know.
    If I understand what you're saying, one day Christianity will be all there is. Jesus will come again and establish his kingdom. At that point, a plurality of religions will cease.
    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - unknown

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

I am a 49 years old Japanese woman living in Switzerland. My husband is a Swiss.
    I am not Buddhist but I am now very interested in becoming a Christian. For that I am getting a bible which is written in Japanese. I have no idea how long it takes and does it depend on how well one understands the content of the bible?I would like to know all this....Please give me advices as much as possible.Thank you and kind regards,
    Junko
    I've asked a lot of women what it was like giving birth, especially the birth of their first child. And each birth story is different. The same is true about becoming a Christian. Ask ten different Christians about how they came to be a Christian and you will get ten different stories. But this I know for certain, becoming a Christian is not like joining a religion, because following Jesus is a personal experience with Jesus.

To begin, read the New Testament through at least once. Read the Gospels, i.e. the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John a few times. And all the while seek the Lord in prayer, because prayer is an essential aspect of being a Christian and very important. You are seeking life and peace from God, and as such, life is not about the practice of a religion; life is a relationship with God. So prayer is very important. Jesus and the Apostles teach us that God will always answer a petition to know him and grant his favor to those who seek eternal life with a humble and contrite heart.

So, learn the teachings of Jesus and approach God in prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast85 View Post
    God saves sinners...we all qualify...we are all sinners.....
    You do not "become a Christian"....God changes a sinner into a saint by a supernatural work, that enables you to believe the good news of the gospel. Jesus blood can save to the uttermost, those who will come to God by Him.
    Nothing you can do can make you acceptable before our holy God. God himself came to earth to die for sinners.
    Every sinner who believes in what He did, in living a perfect and sinless life, and dying a death as a substitute for everyone believing sinner will find mercy instead of judgment .
    Prayer is when you speak to God. God already knows who and what we are. Ask Him to have mercy on you . repent of your sin and ask Him for mercy.
    http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...ID=31917521240

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...SID=1311780266

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...ID=12616058221

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...D=116161937406

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninf...SID=7316204544
    Did you listen to these sermons
    4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
    5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Yes I did.Thank you very much. It's now Sunday evening, but in the afternoon I went to Japanese Sunday church here in Switzerland.And I have a bible now.Also I have arranged to read bible together on Skype with Japanese Christian friend. That would be very interesting.

I went to Japanese Sunday church here in Switzerland.And I have a bible now.Also I have arranged to read bible together on Skype with Japanese Christian friend. That would be very interesting.
    Praise the Lord! Romans 10:17 - So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Thank you all and Happy Easter! In this moment,I have got some materials like a CD and a textbook about bible from my Japanese Christian friend. I feel so lucky each day and the God must be helping me this way for me to become a Christian.Today I asked my husband (his name is Mike) about the meaning of the cross. I asked that is it right the meaning of the cross is Love?He answered that the cross has a meaning of more like 'physical limitation' than you might say 'Love'.Of course, it's easier for us to understand 'Flowers are the simble of Love'! I am learning somthing you can tell.......God bless you

Blog Entries

Thank you all and Happy Easter! In this moment,I have got some materials like a CD and a textbook about bible from my Japanese Christian friend. I feel so lucky each day and the God must be helping me this way for me to become a Christian.Today I asked my husband (his name is Mike) about the meaning of the cross. I asked that is it right the meaning of the cross is Love?He answered that the cross has a meaning of more like 'physical limitation' than you might say 'Love'.Of course, it's easier for us to understand 'Flowers are the simble of Love'! I am learning somthing you can tell.......God bless you
    Hi, Junko ......I'm jayne.

I've been a Christian for 46 years. For me, to answer that question that you asked your husband - "is it right that the meaning of the cross is Love?" - I would have to enhance that answer with scripture.

• Yes, John 3:16 says that "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life."
    • And yes, Romans 5:8 says that "but God shows his love for his in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."
    • And yes, 1 John 4:10 says that "This is real love--not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins."

So, yes, the cross does represent the love of God for us. Not our love for him or our love for each other - like Valentine's Day.

The cross is about God's love for us.

But here is the very important part not to miss.

Those scriptures I cited above say without Christ the Son - we will "perish." Why? Because we are "sinners" who need our "sin taken away".

One side of the coin IS love. The other side of the coin that cannot be ignored is that the cross represents God's wrath.

• Hebrew 10:31 says "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God."
    • Romans 1:18 says, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth."

Junko - we are all sinners and God is holy and perfect. His wrath against sin is justified BY his being holy and perfect.

Jesus Christ paid a price that you and I owe - we deserve to be cursed, rejected, and destroyed.

God's wrath was satisfied when his only begotten Son took our penalty on himself - who ironically had no sin to pay a price for.

We cannot discuss God's love demonstrated by the cross without discussing God's wrath.

And we cannot discuss God's justifiable wrath against sin and sinners - that's you and me - with discussing his loving plan for our salvation.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by jayne
    Jesus Christ paid a price that you and I owe - we deserve to be cursed, rejected, and destroyed.
    I thank you for your reply...Ok, you have been a Christian for 46 years.So you can tell me where in the bible what you have written above is mentioned? Thank you. Junko

Blog Entries

I thank you for your reply...Ok, you have been a Christian for 46 years.So you can tell me where in the bible what you have written above is mentioned? Thank you. Junko
    Sorry I didn't see this until this morning, Junko. I'm so glad you asked for scriptural support. Here are some of those scriptures.

• Isaiah 53:6 - "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him [Jesus]the iniquity [sins] of us all.
    • 1 Peter 3:18a - "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God..."
    • Galatians 3:13 - “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us”.
    • Romans 5:10 - “While we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son”
    • Romans 5:8 - “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”
    • Hebrews 9:13-14 - "For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies to the purifying of the flesh: how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?"
    • 2 Corinthians 5:21 - "“For [God] hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him”
    • Romans 3:23 - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”

If you want to talk about some these just ask.
    ".....it's your nickel"

I thank you again for your reply.It's very interesting. Yes, I would love to talk and share about the Bible of philosophy with you. I would think about more of what I can ask...

Thread Information