Page 1 of 25 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Christ Mediator to all Mankind?

Is Christ Mediator to all Mankind?

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5).

Christís mediation consists of three anointed offices:

(1) Prophet (2) Priest (3) King

These three offices are clearly seen in Isaiah 61:1, which Jesus pronounced now fulfilled (Luke 4:21).

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek [as Prophet]; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted [as Priest], to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound [as King].

These three offices were absolutely necessary in order for Christ to successfully fulfill the mission given Him by the Father.

That mission consisted of saving His people from their sins:

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins (Matthew 1:21).

To do so would cost Christ His life:

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28).

It also consisted in the directive that He lose none given Him by the Father:

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day (John 6:39).

Christís offices must complement each other as to design, intent and extent.

To do otherwise would be contradictory and illogical, while introducing confusion into the perfection of Godís plan of salvation.

Christís offices must also perfectly fulfill the will of the Father, for anything outside the perfect revealed will of God is sin.

And Christ has never, will never, and can never sin (2 Cor. 5:21).

Christ always obeys the Father completely and absolutely (John 5:30).

I say these things to lay a foundation in answering the question raised in the thread topic.

There are innumerable serious, sober and sincere Christians who fervently believe and teach Christ died on behalf of all mankind.

They base their theology on the presumption that God loves all mankind equally.

For if God did not send His Son to be a propitiation for the sins of all mankind, it would be implausible to believe God loves those He intentionally denied the efficacious acquisition and application of Christís gracious atoning sacrifice.

And since ĎGod is love,í who Ďso loved the world,í innumerable serious, sober and sincere Christians use these two verses as the ultimate proof texts by which they attempt to confound and refute those doctrines of grace which they so thoroughly abhor and detest, though they have been embraced by innumerable other serious, sober and sincere Christians throughout history.

As Mediator, Christ reconciles God and men.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life (Romans 5:10).

Reconciliation brings peace between parties at enmity with one other.

Christ brings peace between God offended and man offending.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).

But there is no peace for the wicked:

There is no peace, says the LORD, for the wicked (Isaiah 48:22).

Neither Jew nor Gentile have, by natural means, known the way of peace (Romans 3:17).

Neither do they, by nature, seek the Lord, who is the way of peace (Romans 3:11).

It was revealed to the nation of Israel that salvation was of the Lord (Psalm 3:8; 27:1; Jonah 2:9).

With the exception of a minority of Elect Gentiles, the majority were not so graciously enlightened, and were instead intentionally left to die in their sins (1 Peter 3:20).

Even within the nation of Israel, only the Elect, the children of the promise, were given the saving revelation of the Messiah to come, the rest blinded that they might die in their sins (Romans 9:6-8; 11:7).

CONCLUSION: The essential purpose in Christís mission as Mediator was to reconcile enemies, bringing peace between God and men.

But not all men are reconciled to God.

Either it was never God's intent to reconcile all men to Him or it was God's intent which He failed to accomplish.

But God never fails at achieving His purposes (Isaiah 46:10).

Either Christ failed in His mission of reconciliation or He was 100% successful.

If Christ failed by losing one person, He failed to do the will of His Father, who was adamant Christ lose none (John 6:39).

But Christ loses none (John 17:4, 12).

Therefore, it was never the Fatherís intention to send Christ as Mediator to all mankind, but rather to those specific sinners elected by Him as the undeserving recipients of saving, reconciling grace.

And Christís mediating is 100% efficacious in achieving reconciliation with those whom God eternally willed peace.

NEXT: Christís Prophetic Office: Its Intention and Efficacy.
    A dot org ministry called to awaken the sleeping Elect

Re: Is Christ Mediator to all Mankind?

ICONBUSTERS,

1 Timothy 2:4-6 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and man, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself—a ransom for all, a testimony at the proper time.

So, in beneral, Christ is the mediator between people (all) amd the Father. I like much of what you said. Jesus is mediator for all people, and He atoned for all people, according to 1 John 2:2. But only those who accept the work of Christ as a free gift are reconciled.

BD
    3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

Quote Originally Posted by BadDog View Post
    ICONBUSTERS,

1 Timothy 2:4-6 who wants everyone to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and man, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself—a ransom for all, a testimony at the proper time.

So, in beneral, Christ is the mediator between people (all) amd the Father. I like much of what you said. Jesus is mediator for all people, and He atoned for all people, according to 1 John 2:2. But only those who accept the work of Christ as a free gift are reconciled.

BD
    The bible does not mention people accepting anything as if we need them to approve.
    4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
    5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Quote Originally Posted by ICONBUSTERS View Post
    For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5).

Christ’s mediation consists of three anointed offices:

(1) Prophet (2) Priest (3) King

These three offices are clearly seen in Isaiah 61:1, which Jesus pronounced now fulfilled (Luke 4:21).

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek [as Prophet]; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted [as Priest], to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound [as King].

These three offices were absolutely necessary in order for Christ to successfully fulfill the mission given Him by the Father.

That mission consisted of saving His people from their sins:

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins (Matthew 1:21).

To do so would cost Christ His life:

Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many (Matthew 20:28).

It also consisted in the directive that He lose none given Him by the Father:

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day (John 6:39).

Christ’s offices must complement each other as to design, intent and extent.

To do otherwise would be contradictory and illogical, while introducing confusion into the perfection of God’s plan of salvation.

Christ’s offices must also perfectly fulfill the will of the Father, for anything outside the perfect revealed will of God is sin.

And Christ has never, will never, and can never sin (2 Cor. 5:21).

Christ always obeys the Father completely and absolutely (John 5:30).

I say these things to lay a foundation in answering the question raised in the thread topic.

There are innumerable serious, sober and sincere Christians who fervently believe and teach Christ died on behalf of all mankind.

They base their theology on the presumption that God loves all mankind equally.

For if God did not send His Son to be a propitiation for the sins of all mankind, it would be implausible to believe God loves those He intentionally denied the efficacious acquisition and application of Christ’s gracious atoning sacrifice.

And since ‘God is love,’ who ‘so loved the world,’ innumerable serious, sober and sincere Christians use these two verses as the ultimate proof texts by which they attempt to confound and refute those doctrines of grace which they so thoroughly abhor and detest, though they have been embraced by innumerable other serious, sober and sincere Christians throughout history.

As Mediator, Christ reconciles God and men.

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life (Romans 5:10).

Reconciliation brings peace between parties at enmity with one other.

Christ brings peace between God offended and man offending.

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:1).

But there is no peace for the wicked:

There is no peace, says the LORD, for the wicked (Isaiah 48:22).

Neither Jew nor Gentile have, by natural means, known the way of peace (Romans 3:17).

Neither do they, by nature, seek the Lord, who is the way of peace (Romans 3:11).

It was revealed to the nation of Israel that salvation was of the Lord (Psalm 3:8; 27:1; Jonah 2:9).

With the exception of a minority of Elect Gentiles, the majority were not so graciously enlightened, and were instead intentionally left to die in their sins (1 Peter 3:20).

Even within the nation of Israel, only the Elect, the children of the promise, were given the saving revelation of the Messiah to come, the rest blinded that they might die in their sins (Romans 9:6-8; 11:7).

CONCLUSION: The essential purpose in Christ’s mission as Mediator was to reconcile enemies, bringing peace between God and men.

Either it was never God's intent to reconcile all men to Him or it was God's intent which He failed to accomplish.

Either Christ failed in His mission of reconciliation or He was 100% successful.

If Christ failed by losing one person, He failed to do the will of His Father, who was adamant Christ lose none (John 6:39).

Therefore, it was never the Father’s intention to send Christ as Mediator to all mankind, but rather to those specific sinners elected by Him as the undeserving recipients of saving, reconciling grace.

And Christ’s mediating is 100% efficacious in achieving reconciliation with those whom God eternally willed peace.

NEXT: Christ’s Prophetic Office: Its Intention and Efficacy.
    Another solid biblical teaching on this vital topic....One Mediator. But He is perfect and cannot fail.
    When the wrath of God falls on those who have no mediator,no propitiation for their sins, then they will know they were wrong but it will be too late . It will be like the rich man in luke16.
    He is still thinking it over.....good topic, good post!

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast85 View Post
    The bible does not mention people accepting anything as if we need them to approve.
    I dont think he meant "accept" in the sense of "approve" but rather "accept" in the sense of receive (as mentioned in John).
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

CONCLUSION: The essential purpose in Christ’s mission as Mediator was to reconcile enemies, bringing peace between God and men.

Imo, Correct. It is conditional to people believing in the one who God sent to forgive them of their sin. Christ Jesus, the son of God. People do need to believe and repent of their sin before they are reconciled to God.

Imo, it was Gods intention to reconcile all men and God has established a way that all men can be reconciled. That is through his son, Christ Jesus, who died on the cross for their sins. A new covenant has been established. A way has been made. Some people choose not to take it. Is that Gods fault?

Agreed.

Christ did not fail in his mission. He did the will of the father. Jesus said before he died it is finished (John 19:30). Jesus was 100% successful in living a sinless life, doing the will of the father, that is dying on the cross to make a way that mans sin can be forgiven.

Imo, If a person is lost, is that Gods fault? If a person does not want to choose salvation, if they do not want to turn to Christ Jesus for forgiveness of sin, if they do not want to believe the gospel message and reconcile themselves, is it Gods fault if God choses to give them their free will decision?

Imo, as above.

Therefore, it was never the Father’s intention to send Christ as Mediator to all mankind, but rather to those specific sinners elected by Him as the undeserving recipients of saving, reconciling grace.

Imo, It was always Gods will to save all mankind.

(1 Tim 2:3 NIV) This is good, and pleases God our Savior,
    (1 Tim 2:4 NIV) who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
    (1 Tim 2:5 NIV) For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
    (1 Tim 2:6 NIV) who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time.
    (1 Tim 2:7 NIV) And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.

And Christ’s mediating is 100% efficacious in achieving reconciliation with those whom God eternally willed peace.

Imo, If man choses to ask forgiveness of sin, through Christ Jesus. Christ Jesus will forgive them of their sins. Jesus atonement by dying on the cross to pay for our sin is 100% efficacious in achieving reconciliation.

(2 Cor 5:18 NIV) All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

(2 Cor 5:19 NIV) that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

(2 Cor 5:20 NIV) We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.

(2 Cor 5:21 NIV) God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Blog Entries

Yes.

Acts 4:10-12

let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

Hebrews 9:24-26

For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of anotherHe then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
    Job 23:10 - He knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ICONBUSTERS View Post
    Therefore, it was never the Fatherís intention to send Christ as Mediator to all mankind, but rather to those specific sinners elected by Him as the undeserving recipients of saving, reconciling grace.
    I don't see the value in this conclusion, it only adds confusion to the gospel. What's important is the bible teaches that everyone will give an account of himself to God; meaning you better make sure Jesus is defending you because "it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God".
    Job 23:10 - He knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Quote Originally Posted by stoomart View Post
    Yes.

Acts 4:10-12

let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. This is the ‘stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.’ Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

Hebrews 9:24-26

For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us; not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of anotherHe then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
    This word for appear means to appear as a lawyer or advocate.
    Jesus perfect cross work is always a winning case.
    The first word to appear is used of a sunrise....the sun was always there but then it appeared on the horizon.
    The last word for appear is to appear face to.face.
    As mediator.....he represents only those who are given to Him....the others represent themselves

Blog Entries

Here is something I am sure no one will want to hear from our Mediator......

'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

That is not a good mediation in my humble opinion.
    "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

- Jesus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Here is something I am sure no one will want to hear from our Mediator......

'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

That is not a good mediation in my humble opinion.
    As the Mediator of the new covenant, it is incumbent on the sinner to believe and serve the Lord in spirit and in truth so that he will, in turn, mediate or stand for us when we are unjustly accused by the accuser of the brethren. We know that the Lord is a just and righteous judge, consequently, whoever he tells "I never knew you, away from me, you evildoer" must be guilty as charged.

IMO, his mediation is good and only the godly will be deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I dont think he meant "accept" in the sense of "approve" but rather "accept" in the sense of receive (as mentioned in John).
    John 1:12

Iconoclast85?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

When Jesus came into the world, He was specific in that He didn't come to condemn the world, but to save the world. Anyone who chooses to turn to Him... He will hold up before the Father.
    Slug1--out

~Are we a church of members (fans of Jesus) or a church of disciples (servants of Jesus)??~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    When Jesus came into the world, He was specific in that He didn't come to condemn the world, but to save the world. Anyone who chooses to turn to Him... He will hold up before the Father.
    Is it not all that the Father gave Him?

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    John 1:12

Iconoclast85?
    What about verse 13?

Joh 1:13* Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.*

Thread Information