Thread: Eph 4:26-28

Eph 4:26-28

Ephesians 4:26-28
    KJV 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
    MKJV 26 Be angry, and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down upon your wrath, 27 neither give place to the Devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no more, but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, so that he may have something to give to him who needs.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

26 Anger is an emotion, we all will have it but we are to draw strength from God to control it so we don’t act it out thru sin. We also need to let our anger go so it don’t turn to bitterness or hate, things that can tear us apart from the inside.

27 Anger can give room for satan to take us, Cain killing Abel started with simply anger, God tried to have him get his anger checked and have things made right but he didn’t listen, we need to listen.

28 We often times by coming to our flesh let satan win but Jesus our Lord already defeated Him so we have no reason to let him win any battle when he already lost the war. We are to give all we have in stewardship to the Lord that way the Lord may us bless all of us, anything we keep from God will be the thing satan uses to bring us down.
    Live the Halleluyah life

Blog Entries

Re: Eph 4:26-28

This passage appears to be about forgiving one another and showing mercy to those who wronged you, so they are free to help others.

Matthew 18:21-24,27

Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents.
    Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.

Matthew 18:28,32-35

But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’
    Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him. “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Micah 6:8

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justly,
    To love mercy,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Job 23:10 - He knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.

Thread Information