Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 176

Thread: My position on food laws.

  1. #46

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    So what part of "Israel" in Hebrews 8:10 do you not understand? Are you part of Israel?



    This is a Hebrew Roots apologetic; I am familiar with context you are using it in. For one thing, Christians were not allowed in synagogues after 50AD. In any case, all Scripture is profitable IF PROPERLY DIVIDED. In no way was verse 21 given in the context of putting believers back under the bondage of the Law which would increase their sin (as it is written).


    Actually the "Golden Rule" is an idiom that originated from Hillel. The context is loving your neighbor, not keeping an unshaved beard or mixing wool with cotton.

    It wasn't just Paul. Peter had to be thumped by the Holy Spirit more than once to get him to understand that Gentiles who accept Jesus are not unclean because they aren't under the Torah.

    That's not true. Many Geyim (God fearers) were abound during this time. They weren't "stupid." This is a really lousy argument. And I will tell you why. It is written that the Holy Spirit leads the people of God to ALL truth. If that is so, why does mainstream Christianity abhor your teachings as false doctrine? Don't you trust that the Holy Spirit brought millions of Christians to ALL truth? I do. That is why the doctrine of the spiritual adultery is a firm doctrine in Systematic Theology. If 99% of your Christian brothers and sisters aren't led to the doctrines you are presenting, don't you think it may be time to ask God to reveal to you what He has to 99% of your brethren?


    Have you considered that I and some others here know the Torah perhaps better than you do? Not only the Torah in the Bible, but the halakah, the traditions, the writings, the wisdom of Pharisees such as Hillel and Shammai? Telling us we're ignorant isn't going to work either. We have enough experience, spiritually and intellectually to know that eating "clean foods" is NOT written on our hearts. It's not like we all fell off the turnip truck yesterday.
    So you have no aversion to eating cormorant, hoopoe, or bat? It seems to me that at east this food law is written on all of our hearts, we ALL have an aversion to eating such animals. I would ask you also if you think tbat the prophets are also abolished and not just the law. What do you make of Isaiah 66:17? Why would God be able to justify condemning the eating of swine's flesh is this law were not written on our hearts?

  2. #47

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    yes, if you mean those verses help us understand what sin is. However, the context of your testimony behind your entire thread so far is for following the Law for determining your justification. You "say" by Christ, but by action it's by following the Law. All the Law is, is to inform us of sin... not to be followed (which all WILL FAIL in doing).
    See Romans 8:4, 1 John 3:5-9, Hebrewws 10:10,14-17, and a host of other verses. This discussion is now crossing over in subject matter to the issue of whether entie sanctification can be a reaity in the life of a Christian. I certainly believe that 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 is indisputable when it comes to that subject. We do not HAVE TO FAIL. You are exhibiting a defeatist attitude my friend.

    For you to be justified by the Law (or NOT BE A SINNER)... you have to follow ALL 613 statutes, to the letter, NEVER failing any of them in the time before Christ's grace fulfilled all of the Law.
    All I really have to do is walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, and the law will be fulfilled in me. Romans 8:4.[/quote]

    You follow a few food statutes and this justifies you?
    Only in the sight of man...see Romans 2:13. In the sight of God I am justified because I keep in memory that Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures. This belief serves to make me a recipient of the Holy Ghost's indwelling (Galatians 3:14), which in turn makes me a man in whom the law is fulfilled (Romans 5:5, 13:8-10, 8:4) as I wak accoridng to the leadings and guidings of the Spirit. Therefore I am justified through faith in Christ and the result is that the law is fulfilled in me.

    STOP...[/QUOTE]

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Living By Faith
    Posts
    7,516
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: My position on food laws.

    It is my understanding:

    All ceremonial laws were rituals that were a shadow of what was to come (Jesus Christ and His perfect sacrifice)
    This includes sacrificial ordinances and cleansing rituals which are included in dietary ordinances, also included.

    I do not believe we can base God's reasoning for calling some food clean and unclean due to health only when a man who became unclean by touching a dead carcass that was "unclean" according to an ordinance could become clean by a mere passing of time. If health were at the forefront there would be more accomplished to cleanse him from actual disease, not a spiritual defilement.

    All of the feasts were a shadow of Him and have also been fulfilled. Now if someone feels conviction to recognize feasts or not eat certain foods, then my hope is that they understand what scripture clearly shows regarding these ceremonial laws.


    These are not written on our hearts-- but ordinances written in Moses Hand to Israel; handwriting that has been taken away and nailed to the cross.

    2 Collosians 11-23. (below, a highlight v.13-14) NKJV

    And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

    Ceremonial law is not the moral law, that is written on our hearts, written by the hand of God on stone.
    Peace to you!

    “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
    (Matthew 5:5)


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,345
    Blog Entries
    31

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    It is clear that the food laws of the Old Testament are a portion of the law of the Lord as given in the Old Testament, which God gave to Moses to give to us.
    Not to us. The food laws of the OT were a part of the covenant God made with Israel.

    Now Jesus said in Matthew 5:18 that if we obey the least of these commandments, and teach men so, we will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. There in Matthew 5:17-20 He is most certainly referring to the laws of the Old Testament. So if I obey and teach you to obey the food laws, the promise is that I will be called great.
    Only if you were a Jewish Rabbi.

    These are not contradictions in the word of the Lord. It is reconciled in that, according to Romans 6:14, 7:4, 7:6, Galatians 2:19, 3:21-25, 5:18, 5:222-3, Hebrews 7:12, 7:18-19, and Ephesians 2:15, Colossians 2:14, we as Christians are not under the law, are dead to the law, and are delivered from the law; which means that the law no longer condemns us from the outside or points us out as sinners.
    These passages speak to another question. Paul is answering the question of whether or not a Gentile believer must keep the law of Moses in order to be a Jesus-follower. His answer is no, a Gentile believer is not obligated to keep the law of Moses in order to be a Jesus-follower.

    While according to Hebrews 8:10, 10:16, Romans 8:4,7, 1 Corinthians 9:21 we are subject to the law as believers in our hearts and in our minds, so that the law governs us through the indwelling Holy Spirit from the inside of our minds and hearts: it governs us from the inside while it can no longer condenm us from the outside.
    We are not subject to the law of Moses as believers. Rather, we are subject to the moral vision found in the law of Moses.

    Now people such as myself have chosen to take on the infirmities of the weaker brothers, knowing that God's power is made perfect in weakness; but also I consider myself to be a stronger brother who is obedient to the consideration of Romans 15:1; who bears the infirmities of the weak since that is the commandment of our Lord.
    Good luck with that.

    And because I do not want to be considered a hypocrite I also do not even eat a bacon burger in private although I would be blessed if I condemned myself not in that I allowed myself to eat a bacon burger in private. And I know that I would not be condemned in doing so, but for the sake of my weaker brother, who would be condemned in his conscience if he did so, I do not eat bacon burgers so that he will never be emboldened to eat what goes against his conscience because of my personal liberty. Him seeing me eat a bacon burger and not being condemned may embolden him to do so and his conscience would not allow him to do so without feeling condemned. Therefore I refrain.
    Why engage in a goofy role-playing game? What to you hope to achieve by pretending?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    28,568
    Blog Entries
    92

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    See Romans 8:4, 1 John 3:5-9, Hebrewws 10:10,14-17, and a host of other verses. This discussion is now crossing over in subject matter to the issue of whether entie sanctification can be a reaity in the life of a Christian. I certainly believe that 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 is indisputable when it comes to that subject. We do not HAVE TO FAIL. You are exhibiting a defeatist attitude my friend.



    All I really have to do is walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, and the law will be fulfilled in me. Romans 8:4.



    Only in the sight of man...see Romans 2:13. In the sight of God I am justified because I keep in memory that Jesus died for our sins according to the scriptures, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures. This belief serves to make me a recipient of the Holy Ghost's indwelling (Galatians 3:14), which in turn makes me a man in whom the law is fulfilled (Romans 5:5, 13:8-10, 8:4) as I wak accoridng to the leadings and guidings of the Spirit. Therefore I am justified through faith in Christ and the result is that the law is fulfilled in me.
    Let me say again, then:

    So you're now saying that when the Galatians began to do what you are doing, and Paul corrected that action (after accusing them of being bewitched)... other verses in the Bible say it's OK to do what the Galatians were doing?
    Slug1--out

    ~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~


    ~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

    ~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~



  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,974
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Let me say again, then:

    So you're now saying that when the Galatians began to do what you are doing, and Paul corrected that action (after accusing them of being bewitched)... other verses in the Bible say it's OK to do what the Galatians were doing?
    Maybe our Bibles should come with this:

    WARNING: Reading your own doctrine into the Living Word of God has serious consequences.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  7. #52

    Re: My position on food laws.

    ************************************************** ****************

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    So what part of "Israel" in Hebrews 8:10 do you not understand? Are you part of Israel?



    This is a Hebrew Roots apologetic; I am familiar with context you are using it in. For one thing, Christians were not allowed in synagogues after 50AD. In any case, all Scripture is profitable IF PROPERLY DIVIDED. In no way was verse 21 given in the context of putting believers back under the bondage of the Law which would increase their sin (as it is written).


    Actually the "Golden Rule" is an idiom that originated from Hillel. The context is loving your neighbor, not keeping an unshaved beard or mixing wool with cotton.

    It wasn't just Paul. Peter had to be thumped by the Holy Spirit more than once to get him to understand that Gentiles who accept Jesus are not unclean because they aren't under the Torah.

    That's not true. Many Geyim (God fearers) were abound during this time. They weren't "stupid." This is a really lousy argument. And I will tell you why. It is written that the Holy Spirit leads the people of God to ALL truth. If that is so, why does mainstream Christianity abhor your teachings as false doctrine? Don't you trust that the Holy Spirit brought millions of Christians to ALL truth? I do. That is why the doctrine of the spiritual adultery is a firm doctrine in Systematic Theology. If 99% of your Christian brothers and sisters aren't led to the doctrines you are presenting, don't you think it may be time to ask God to reveal to you what He has to 99% of your brethren?


    Have you considered that I and some others here know the Torah perhaps better than you do? Not only the Torah in the Bible, but the halakah, the traditions, the writings, the wisdom of Pharisees such as Hillel and Shammai? Telling us we're ignorant isn't going to work either. We have enough experience, spiritually and intellectually to know that eating "clean foods" is NOT written on our hearts. It's not like we all fell off the turnip truck yesterday.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,974
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    So you have no aversion to eating cormorant, hoopoe, or bat?


    It's not sin to eat anything, Jesus said uncleanliness is defined with what comes out of your mouth, not what goes in. In His day, that would be the false teachings and hypocrisy of the Pharisees, who were so obsessed with keeping the Law, God's Law of Love was ignored. This tension does not go away with time. I've known quite a few Hebrew Roots folks, and to a person every one of them has this stumbling block before them. Again, you can not serve to masters. Either your focus is on the Law which increases sin and condemns because you are incapable of fulfilling the written Torah (which was a covenant with Israel and NOT presented as a covenant to gentiles), or your focus is on the Righteous one who knows God's Law (Love God, Love neighbor) which is for EVERYONE and will perfect you in His Law by abiding in Him. Even Hillel who lived a generation before Jesus had this one figured out. And this is so obvious in so many encounters Jesus had in the 4 Gospels. Over and over again Jesus basically told those who asked Him what obedience in the Law they could fulfill that would please God and over and over again Jesus told them to die to that and FOLLOW HIM.

    Paul got it, he characterized his time and obedience to the Law as DUNG.

    But it is your choice brother, if you want to stand in a pit and shovel dung or you can join with Jesus and be truely clean. Just don't try to drag your Christian brothers into that dung heap along with you. We're just not interested in going backwards to the former wretched souls we were before.

    I write this for three reasons.

    1. I love God
    2. I love you
    3. I love those who would be deceived by the false doctrine you are submitting.

    Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    It seems to me that at east this food law is written on all of our hearts, we ALL have an aversion to eating such animals. I would ask you also if you think tbat the prophets are also abolished and not just the law. What do you make of Isaiah 66:17? Why would God be able to justify condemning the eating of swine's flesh is this law were not written on our hearts?
    You completely missed the context because all you see in the content are a few unclean animals mentioned. You completely missed the HEART of the matter. The context of 66:17 was the Babylonians who worshipped Baal or Asthoreth and the rites they observed. THAT was what is unclean. They could have just as easily eaten Lamb in their pagan ceremonies and it still would have been unclean.

    I have NO aversion to shrimp, pork, snake, or many other "unclean" foods in the Law that was GIVEN TO ISRAEL, for Israel during the Temple era which NO LONGER EXISTS. The Levitical system began fading when Jesus rose and was wiped off the face of the earth by 70AD. God's will. It's over brother. You can not fulfill the Torah. All you can do now is play religion because what you are trying to abide in is no longer reality. What is reality is Jesus is on the throne of grace, and you can not be clean enough by your own works to go to that place.
    Last edited by keck553; May 20th 2017 at 07:54 PM.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Niagara Falls, ON Canada
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: My position on food laws.

    I'm a vegetarian for no other reason than the fact that I am an animal lover . I respect the fact that some cultures rely on animals to survive, and really appreciate the ones who kill the animal as honorably as possible, and use it for not only food, but tools, coats, etc. I would most likely end up doing this if push came to shove, but I receive all of the nutrients and vitamins that I need in the foods I eat and really dislike the Western factory farming system. Consider me the 'weaker brother' I have zero problems with that . After reading the original post, it first came across as a self-boasting of sort. I figured give the OP benefit of the doubt and move on, but I still can't figure out what the purpose of the thread was. I guess there's nothing wrong with raising a discussion about the topic anyways, it's been done many times so I guess it's a topic people think on quite a bit.

    The New Testament doesn't appear to make mention of the apostles boasting in which foods they eat or refrain from eating, it certainly doesn't appear to affect salvation, but Paul seemed to make pretty clear that if you give the LORD YHWH/Jesus Christ thanks for what you eat, so long as it doesn't cause your brother to stumble, bon-appetite. I know of some Messianic ministries which bring up valid points about how certain meats aren't good for you (pig), and have decent arguments from the scriptures that Peter's revelation of the unclean/clean animals wasn't applicable to food or a license to do away with the clean/unclean meats, I just don't subscribe to them.

    I personally don't think Jesus would be impressed with Western factory farming in general (personal conjecture, could be way wrong), regardless of the animal being slaughtered for food. At the same time, my friends and family are meat-eaters, and not only am I not bothered with that, but I will even cook meat for them from time to time, without personally eating it. No biggy. The poison/junk/steroids/chemicals in our foods in general (not specific to meat, but also vegetables and bread and everything else in the food category) makes the case for not eating anything ever because everything is unclean and bad/poison for our body. Not going to be able to do much other than to give thanks to the LORD for the food I eat, ask that He bless it to my body and remove all impurities, cover it in the blood of Jesus and do my best not to eat things that are overly bad for me.

    Can someone who posts after me please remind me of the entire amount of laws (outside of the 10 commandments) which were to be kept? It's a great reminder that if you can't keep every single one of them perfectly, you've failed outright and could have well kept 99.9% and been considered an equal failure as the one who kept 0.01%, no? We can't keep the law, which was the whole point of Jesus Christ.

    Finally, if anyone here is convicted by the Holy Spirit to refrain from eating certain foods, that's between you and the LORD, and I am sure He will bless you abundantly for being obedient to Him on that. If someone else isn't convicted of that same food item, just respect that and do what you can to not make them stumble. The act of refraining from eating a certain meat in front of a brother may certainly help ensure he doesn't stumble - but equally, boasting in what you eat or don't eat could cause that same brother to stumble, thus defeating the point of what you ate or didn't eat because you still caused the same stumbling in your words and doctrine.
    So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,974
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by SeekFirstTheKingdom View Post
    I'm a vegetarian for no other reason than the fact that I am an animal lover . I respect the fact that some cultures rely on animals to survive, and really appreciate the ones who kill the animal as honorably as possible, and use it for not only food, but tools, coats, etc. I would most likely end up doing this if push came to shove, but I receive all of the nutrients and vitamins that I need in the foods I eat and really dislike the Western factory farming system. Consider me the 'weaker brother' I have zero problems with that . After reading the original post, it first came across as a self-boasting of sort. I figured give the OP benefit of the doubt and move on, but I still can't figure out what the purpose of the thread was. I guess there's nothing wrong with raising a discussion about the topic anyways, it's been done many times so I guess it's a topic people think on quite a bit.
    But you do bring up a good point about ethics. We are created to be a steward to the earth, and while that doesn't (obviously) prohibit eating meat, we are still responsible for respecting the dignity of God's creation. People like Temple Gradin who revolutionized humane slaughter techniques, hunters who manage wildlife populations, and what you mentioned are good examples of stewardship.

    Quote Originally Posted by SeekFirstTheKingdom View Post
    The New Testament doesn't appear to make mention of the apostles boasting in which foods they eat or refrain from eating, it certainly doesn't appear to affect salvation, but Paul seemed to make pretty clear that if you give the LORD YHWH/Jesus Christ thanks for what you eat, so long as it doesn't cause your brother to stumble, bon-appetite. I know of some Messianic ministries which bring up valid points about how certain meats aren't good for you (pig), and have decent arguments from the scriptures that Peter's revelation of the unclean/clean animals wasn't applicable to food or a license to do away with the clean/unclean meats, I just don't subscribe to them.
    I am very familiar with Messianic apologetic's. The problem is that pork and many other "unclean" foods (such as rabbit) isn't any more dangerous (in terms of being cooked properly) than chicken, and some cuts are actually more healthy in terms of fat and cholesterol than red meat, so don't buy into that argument. Eating a 54 ounce steak in one sitting is very, very unhealthy for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekFirstTheKingdom View Post
    I personally don't think Jesus would be impressed with Western factory farming in general (personal conjecture, could be way wrong), regardless of the animal being slaughtered for food. At the same time, my friends and family are meat-eaters, and not only am I not bothered with that, but I will even cook meat for them from time to time, without personally eating it. No biggy. The poison/junk/steroids/chemicals in our foods in general (not specific to meat, but also vegetables and bread and everything else in the food category) makes the case for not eating anything ever because everything is unclean and bad/poison for our body. Not going to be able to do much other than to give thanks to the LORD for the food I eat, ask that He bless it to my body and remove all impurities, cover it in the blood of Jesus and do my best not to eat things that are overly bad for me.
    I think Jesus would value the preservation of human life above all things, and unfortunately large populations demand efficient processing to get food to the marketplace. But some steps are being taken, such as my reference to Temple Gradin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekFirstTheKingdom View Post
    Can someone who posts after me please remind me of the entire amount of laws (outside of the 10 commandments) which were to be kept? It's a great reminder that if you can't keep every single one of them perfectly, you've failed outright and could have well kept 99.9% and been considered an equal failure as the one who kept 0.01%, no? We can't keep the law, which was the whole point of Jesus Christ.
    Most say 613, but of course not all are applicable, some are for women only, others for men only, and still others under certain conditions. And we certainly can not keep the Law as Jesus did, so if we want to fulfill God's Law our eyes need to be on Jesus. It is the Spirit of Truth Who sanctifies us.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekFirstTheKingdom View Post
    Finally, if anyone here is convicted by the Holy Spirit to refrain from eating certain foods, that's between you and the LORD, and I am sure He will bless you abundantly for being obedient to Him on that. If someone else isn't convicted of that same food item, just respect that and do what you can to not make them stumble. The act of refraining from eating a certain meat in front of a brother may certainly help ensure he doesn't stumble - but equally, boasting in what you eat or don't eat could cause that same brother to stumble, thus defeating the point of what you ate or didn't eat because you still caused the same stumbling in your words and doctrine.
    Amen and God bless your walk with Him!
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,130

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    The law is a schoolmaster to lead unbelieving sinners to Christ. Galatians 3:24, Psalm 19:7.

    We know from Romans 3:28 that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. But only a few verses later (Romans 3:31) Paul advocates the idea that we do not make void the law through faith, but rather we establish the law.

    Why is this? it is because the Holy Spirit uses the law to convict of sin. by the law is the knowledge of sin. Romans 3:20b.

    Therefore while I as a believer am not under the law, I obey it that I might set a standard for the one who compares himself with others rather than the Lord (2 Corinthians 10:12). I also obey it because it is written in my heart and mind (Hebrews 8:10, 10:16) and because I am spiritually-minded. Because I am not carnally-minded, I am subject in my mind to the law of God (Romans 8:7).

    But I am starting to sound llike I am beating a dead horse. I only repeat myself because I am talking to someone new. And I have also said my piece although I may decide to say it again and again in order to get my point across.
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

    Do you know the term "the law" simply means scripture the majority of the time? In the first century, the term "Bible" wasn't around yet. "The Law" was the term used for all scripture. Even Jesus used this term "law" when quoting from Psalms 82 in John 10:34. "The Law" doesn't mean the rules and regs of Moses specifically, but rather the whole Bible itself. This of course includes Acts 10:15 where God made all foods clean. Substitute scripture when the word law is used and perhaps it will make more sense. For example...

    Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

    Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the scripture through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the scripture.

    Several times in the prophets it is written that the Gentiles will trust in the Lord. Whenever we trust in the Lord by faith, we establish scripture, just as Paul wrote.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,974
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My position on food laws.

    JbF, do you ensure all your food is properly evalutated, slaughtered, processed and packaged according to the Law of Moses? There is a lot more to the Law as it pertains to food than simply refraining from eating 'unclean animals.'

    Remember, not one jot or tittle has been removed according to you. And ignorance is no excuse, you have a King James to teach you all these things.

    So, do you really obey ALL the food laws in the Torah?

  13. #58

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    JbF, do you ensure all your food is properly evalutated, slaughtered, processed and packaged according to the Law of Moses? There is a lot more to the Law as it pertains to food than simply refraining from eating 'unclean animals.'

    Remember, not one jot or tittle has been removed according to you. And ignorance is no excuse, you have a King James to teach you all these things.

    So, do you really obey ALL the food laws in the Torah?
    What are you referring to?

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27,974
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: My position on food laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
    What are you referring to?
    To slay cattle, deer and fowl according to the laws of shechitah if their flesh is to be eaten (Deut. 12:21)

    Not to boil meat with milk (Ex. 23:19)

    Not to eat flesh with milk (Ex. 34:26)

    Not to eat the of the thigh-vein which shrank (Gen. 32:33)

    Not to eat chelev (tallow-fat) (Lev. 7:23)

    Not to eat blood (Lev. 7:26) - this includes a specific draining process

    To cover the blood of undomesticated animals (deer, etc.) and of fowl that have been killed (Lev. 17:13)

    Not to eat the fruit of a tree for three years from the time it was planted (Lev. 19:23)

    That the fruit of fruit-bearing trees in the fourth year of their planting shall be sacred like the second tithe and eaten in Jerusalem (Lev. 19:24)

    That an uncircumcised person shall not eat of the t'rumah (heave offering), and the same applies to other holy things. (Ex. 12:44-45 and Lev. 22:10)

    Not to alter the order of separating the t'rumah and the tithes; the separation be in the order first-fruits at the beginning, then the t'rumah, then the first tithe, and last the second tithe (Ex. 22:28)

    To set apart the tithe of the produce (one tenth of the produce after taking out t'rumah) for the Levites (Lev. 27:30; Num. 18:24)

    Not to eat the second tithe of cereals outside Jerusalem (Deut. 12:17)

    Not to consume the second tithe of the vintage outside of Jerusalem (Deut. 12:17)

    Not to consume the second tithe of the oil outside of Jerusalem (Deut. 12:17)

    To set apart the second tithe in the first, second, fourth and fifth years of the sabbatical cycle to be eaten by its owner in Jerusalem (Deut. 14:22)

    Not to eat the Second Tithe, even in Jerusalem, in a state of uncleanness, until the tithe had been redeemed (Deut. 26:14)

    Not to eat the Second Tithe, when mourning (Deut. 26:14)

    To eat the flesh of the Paschal lamb on it, with unleavened bread and bitter herbs (Num. 9:11)

    Not to leave any flesh of the Paschal lamb brought on the second Passover until the morning (Num. 9:12)

    Not to leave any portion of the flesh of the Paschal sacrifice until the morning unconsumed (Ex. 12:10)

    Not to give the flesh of the Paschal lamb to an Israelite who had become an apostate (Ex. 12:43)

    Not to give flesh of the Paschal lamb to a stranger who lives among you to eat (Ex. 12:45)

    Not to take any of the flesh of the Paschal lamb from the company's place of assembly (Ex. 12:46)

    That the uncircumcised shall not eat of the flesh of the Paschal lamb (Ex. 12:48)

    Not to slaughter the Paschal lamb while there is chametz in the home (Ex. 23:18; Ex. 24:25)

    Not to eat bread made of new grain before the Omer of barley has been offered up on the second day of Passover (Lev. 23:14)

    Not to eat roasted grain of the new produce before that time (Lev. 23:14)

    Not to eat fresh ears of the new grain before that time (Lev. 23:14)

    Not to eat of the unblemished firstling outside Jerusalem (Deut. 12:17)

    I have a few other Laws I want to ask if you observe after you've answered these.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  15. #60

    Re: My position on food laws.

    I am moving this discussion to a new thread that I have started, How do you define sin?, as the questions I have asked in that thread have a bearing on the discussion. I hope you don't mind.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RCC changes position on homosexual priests.
    By theeldersofgod in forum Breaking News
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Aug 8th 2013, 11:03 AM
  2. SHOW SOME PRECEDENCE FOR YOUR POSITION
    By awestruckchild in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: Apr 26th 2011, 05:50 PM
  3. Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jun 28th 2010, 02:53 PM
  4. I've changed my position
    By cwb in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: Jul 1st 2008, 04:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •