Thread: RAPTURE, PROPHECY, CHURCH, AND THE NATION OF ISRAEL- LAST GENERATION

RAPTURE, PROPHECY, CHURCH, AND THE NATION OF ISRAEL- LAST GENERATION

"When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).
    RAPTURE NO LATER THAN 2023?

Israel became a nation in 1948.Last generation beginning in 1948?Will many of those born after 1948 see the Rapture?Keep in mind the life span of a man in 70 years.Psalm 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore and ten."
    It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years. 3 - 40 year generations = 120 years 1903 to 2023 = 120 yearsA generation is 40 years. (Hebrews 3:9-10)(Numbers 32:13)No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture (Matthew 24:36)NOTE: A day nor the hour has not been noted here as to the Lord's return.
    -Some thoughts by Joe Green-

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will see the Rapture.It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.

Re: RAPTURE, PROPHECY, CHURCH, AND THE NATION OF ISRAEL- LAST GENERATION

Quote Originally Posted by joegreen View Post
    "When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth... and He will show you things to come" (John 16:13).

Israel became a nation in 1948.Last generation beginning in 1948?Will many of those born after 1948 see the Rapture?Keep in mind the life span of a man in 70 years.Psalm 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore and ten."
    It took Noah 120 years to build the Ark, the Ark is a type and shadow of the Church.A.J. Tomlinson became leader of the Church in 1903, died in 1943- 40 years as leader. Moses, God's leader of the children in the wilderness- 40 years. 3 - 40 year generations = 120 years 1903 to 2023 = 120 yearsA generation is 40 years. (Hebrews 3:9-10)(Numbers 32:13)No man knows the day or the hour of the Rapture (Matthew 24:36)NOTE: A day nor the hour has not been noted here as to the Lord's return.

It makes a lot of sense to believe or say those born between 1948 and 1988 will see the Rapture.It makes a lot of sense to believe or say some over the age of 70 will see the Rapture.It is possible we could see the Rapture as early as 2018, do the math, 1948 + 70 = 2018.It is possible the Rapture will be no later than 2023, do the math, 1903 + 120 years = 2023.It makes a lot of sense to believe or say we will not know the day nor the hour as to the Lord's return. However, we should know close to the year.

In all Honesty I think you miss the "signs".

Matthew 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

When you SEE ALL of these Signs means you can't see just Temple and Jerusalem's Destruction.Or just the Wars/pestilences/famines/earthquakes. Or just the Gospel preached unto all the world (then the Rapture imho). Or just the Abomination of Desolation. Or just the Anti-Christ chasing Israel into the Wilderness. Or just the Anti Christ and False Prophet preforming Miracles in the Desert/Secret Chambers. BUT......All of these things MUST come to pass, then the final event that tells us the Generation Jesus is speaking about is the Sun turning Black, the Moon Blood Red and the Heavens are shaken, and alas a GREAT EARTHQUAKE like never seen before.

The Generation that SEES ALL OF THESE THINGS will see all things Fulfilled.

You know, I don't really go for dating His return, but I must admit, I believe I will be alive at His coming. It is also interesting that in September of this year, we will see Rev 12:1-2 come to fulfillment in the heavens as Virgo (The virgin constellation) will give birth to the King star, Jupiter who will have been inside her "belly" for a full human term. On a specific date in September, Jupiter will exit the constellation. ON that date, Virgo will be clothed with the Sun, so it will not be visible to the naked eye, and the moon will be at her feet. There are 12 stars above her head as well. It is an amazing feature that matches a Revelation prophecy. Look it up - it legit.

All this to say that 7 years from then takes us to 2024... Hmmmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    You know, I don't really go for dating His return, but I must admit, I believe I will be alive at His coming. It is also interesting that in September of this year, we will see Rev 12:1-2 come to fulfillment in the heavens as Virgo (The virgin constellation) will give birth to the King star, Jupiter who will have been inside her "belly" for a full human term. On a specific date in September, Jupiter will exit the constellation. ON that date, Virgo will be clothed with the Sun, so it will not be visible to the naked eye, and the moon will be at her feet. There are 12 stars above her head as well. It is an amazing feature that matches a Revelation prophecy. Look it up - it legit.

All this to say that 7 years from then takes us to 2024... Hmmmmmm......
    Seems like alot of people are starting to put this Puzzle together. What does it mean we should be doing

It makes sense only if you define "generation" in Matthew 24 as the generation in which the modern State of Israel was reborn. I do not, however, think that is proper. Jesus was referring, I think, to his own generation, and to all the things that would happen at that time concerning the destruction of the temple. Nothing could be clearer, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    It makes sense only if you define "generation" in Matthew 24 as the generation in which the modern State of Israel was reborn. I do not, however, think that is proper. Jesus was referring, I think, to his own generation, and to all the things that would happen at that time concerning the destruction of the temple. Nothing could be clearer, in my opinion.
    Jesus told about the signs that this generation would see, then the end is near. Those signs; the fig tree budding, [the establishment of the Jewish State of Israel] the world situation; as in the days of Noah, and the cosmic signs, did not happen in the first century.
    It seems; Randyk and all who prefer to place forthcoming dramatic events into the past or say they are all allegorical, that you think this world will just stagger on in it's current fallen state forever? Not likely!
    Just consider history; there has always been huge upheavals and remember that God did virtually wipe out mankind once before. 2 Peter 3:1-7 says He will do it again, but this time with fire.
    Why shouldn't we Christians; Bible believers believe what God has warned us about by His prophets? What is Written isn't difficult to understand and when you do, it will be realized that the world will be a much better place, as we - His Christian people will live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 35:-10, Ezekiel 34:11-31

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Jesus told about the signs that this generation would see, then the end is near. Those signs; the fig tree budding, [the establishment of the Jewish State of Israel] the world situation; as in the days of Noah, and the cosmic signs, did not happen in the first century.
    It seems; Randyk and all who prefer to place forthcoming dramatic events into the past or say they are all allegorical, that you think this world will just stagger on in it's current fallen state forever? Not likely!
    Just consider history; there has always been huge upheavals and remember that God did virtually wipe out mankind once before. 2 Peter 3:1-7 says He will do it again, but this time with fire.
    Why shouldn't we Christians; Bible believers believe what God has warned us about by His prophets? What is Written isn't difficult to understand and when you do, it will be realized that the world will be a much better place, as we - His Christian people will live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 35:-10, Ezekiel 34:11-31
    Hello Keraz. Of course these things are debatable. My thought regarding "the end is near" is that this is the whole character of the present age, that the "end is near." The end is near for all things transient, for all things tainted by sin, for all things in the present age, prior to the return of Christ. Before Christ's Kingdom can come all things must pass that belong to the present order of things. Resistance to the age of Christ's Kingdom must come to an end. The end to rebellious, sinful kingdoms must come to an end. And indeed, in the present age, all sinful men, ie all tainted by sin, are close to their end simply because they are close to dying. We live relatively short lives.

I understand your point, though. As I said, if indeed Jesus was referring to the rebirth of the modern state of Israel, indeed he could *not* have been talking about his own generation. But if, on the other hand, he was talking not just about one thing, but about two things, the end of the temple and the end of the age, then "all these things" to happen in his own generation could've been referring to only one of these things, namely the end of the temple. And I believe Jesus relegated events associated with the end of the age to a different part of the prophecy entirely.

1) "All these things," involving the destruction of the temple, would take place in "this generation," ie in Jesus' own generation.
    2) The things to take place at the end of the age were associated with Christ's coming itself.

With regard to the destruction of a large section of the world we don't disagree, except perhaps in measure. I think the destruction of 1/3 of the world's inhabitants is pretty large-scale! But I don't think it will mean the end to races, nations, and peoples. It will just signal a change in leadership from political governments that resist the Kingdom of God to leaders willing to tolerate the Kingdom of God.

Debatable?
    We have the benefit of hindsight. Nearly 2000 years have passed since Jesus was last on earth. He said: All these things will happen, the destruction of the 2nd Temple did and the Jews were dispersed. They have now returned to a part of the holy Land, but still in apostasy and unbelief. Many prophesies say they will be judged and only a remnant saved. That Christian remnant will be joined by their gentile brothers and all of the Lord's people will live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land.
    We wait for Your Deliverance, Lord

Psalm 40:4-11 Happy is the one who puts his trust in the Lord and keeps away from arrogant and deceitful people.
    Say to the Lord: Here I am, my desire is to do Your will. Your Law is in my heart and I proclaim God’s faithfulness and His saving power to all the congregation. You Lord, will not withhold Your tender care for me, may Your love and truth forever keep me safe.

Psalm 40:12-17 Now Lord, we are poor and needy, troubles and misfortune assail us from every side and courage fails us. Let all those who seek our downfall be turned back in disgrace. Let all those who think they have got the upper hand, be confounded and put to shame. But let all who seek the truth be jubilant and rejoice in Your saving power, we will forever cry: All glory to the Lord!

Psalm 43:1-5 Uphold our cause, O God, give judgement for Your people against the godless nations, rescue us from those liars and evil men. For we look to You for refuge, why must we wait so long; oppressed by our foes?
    Send out Your light and truth to guide us, then we will come to the holy Land, to the place of Your altar and we shall praise our Redeemer with gladsome songs. We will wait patiently for Your deliverance, our Lord and Saviour.
    Ref: REB.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Debatable?
    We have the benefit of hindsight. Nearly 2000 years have passed since Jesus was last on earth. He said: All these things will happen, the destruction of the 2nd Temple did and the Jews were dispersed. They have now returned to a part of the holy Land, but still in apostasy and unbelief. Many prophesies say they will be judged and only a remnant saved. That Christian remnant will be joined by their gentile brothers and all of the Lord's people will live in peace and prosperity in all of the holy Land.
    We wait for Your Deliverance, Lord

Psalm 40:4-11 Happy is the one who puts his trust in the Lord and keeps away from arrogant and deceitful people.
    Say to the Lord: Here I am, my desire is to do Your will. Your Law is in my heart and I proclaim God’s faithfulness and His saving power to all the congregation. You Lord, will not withhold Your tender care for me, may Your love and truth forever keep me safe.

Psalm 40:12-17 Now Lord, we are poor and needy, troubles and misfortune assail us from every side and courage fails us. Let all those who seek our downfall be turned back in disgrace. Let all those who think they have got the upper hand, be confounded and put to shame. But let all who seek the truth be jubilant and rejoice in Your saving power, we will forever cry: All glory to the Lord!

Psalm 43:1-5 Uphold our cause, O God, give judgement for Your people against the godless nations, rescue us from those liars and evil men. For we look to You for refuge, why must we wait so long; oppressed by our foes?
    Send out Your light and truth to guide us, then we will come to the holy Land, to the place of Your altar and we shall praise our Redeemer with gladsome songs. We will wait patiently for Your deliverance, our Lord and Saviour.
    Ref: REB.
    Nothing you said here is debatable--I agree. Nothing you said here remotely addresses the differences we may have. That's entirely okay with me!

Blog Entries

The bible does not say but it seems likely that Noah waited for his sons to become men before building the Ark. The 120 years refers to the birth of Japheth who was born first even though Shem is listed first. When Japheth was 120, Shem as 117 and Shem's 3rd of 5 sons Arpaxad was 17. He was an ancestor of Abram. If you calculate 1/3.5 divided by 95 (Noah was 950 when he died) you will get 19 digits with the age that Methuselah begat Lamech and the age Methuselah died in the middle of the answer. Methuselah died in the year of the Flood. The 19th digit replaces the 1st digit in the repeating 18 digits. The leading 0030 (about the age Jesus started his ministry in Luke 3:23) becomes 2030. The last 2 digits of the repeating 18 are 81. When Methuselah was 81 he had 888 years to live. 888 is the gematria of Jesus' name in Greek. Jesus resurrected on the 17th day. Might His birthday have been on the 117th day of the religious year? If so then there was 103 days (2/7th of a year) from the Passover/Crucifixion until His birthday. He was 35 and 5/7 years old when he died. This is given by 1/3.5 divided by 80. 80 is the age that God told Moses to observe the first Passover. This is verified in the first attempt to conquer the city of Ai in Joshua 7:3-5 where 2 to 3 thousand are chosen. "Of 3000, about 36 are killed."

Thread Information