Thread: Position in Heaven ?

Position in Heaven ?

I wanted to show my grand daughter were in the bible it states our position ?

I believe we make our position by doing / or not doing .

We are saved , but I believe we get a position in heaven as to how we

behave on the earth.

I thought I read some thing on this, if I am explaining my self correctly.

Any ideas on this ?
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Blog Entries

Re: Position in Heaven ?

Quote Originally Posted by grams View Post

behave on the earth.

Any ideas on this ?
    I think you are referring to "treasures" in heaven. Perhaps one of the "treasures" will be the presence of anyone you have led through your obedience to the Spirit of God to Christ.

I don't know about you, but I have had friends whom I dearly loved who may have perished without Christ and if so - I will miss them forever because of that.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

behave on the earth.

Any ideas on this ?
    Luk 19:15-19, 26
    Similar in Matthew 25.
    Keep in mind though this isn't 'heaven' it's on earth.

Sorry I guess I did not make my self clear, [ understood ] ?

My grand daughter thinks she is always right ! ["even to her Mother"] and when she feels this way , she speaks very loud "sounds angered" "

I am sure my whole family is saved......... But things of this sort [ Or not trying to be good ] bad temper.........
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I would like the lowest and least position in Heaven.

Any awards, treasures, crowns, or positions I might be given, I would prefer to lay them all at the nail-scarred feet of my Lord Jesus, who alone is worthy, and who alone despised the shame of the Cross.

Blog Entries

AMEN! .
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Mat_11:11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

behave on the earth.

Any ideas on this ?
    You are thinking ocrrectly, IMO. Jesus told His disciples that they would Have positions to rule in the kingdom as a result of their faithfulness here on earth.

Matthew 9:28 Jesus said to them, “I assure you: In the Messianic Age, when the • Son of Man sits on His glorious throne, you who have followed Me will also sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:28-30 You are the ones who stood by Me in My trials. 29 I bestow on you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one on Me, 30 so that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom. And you will sit on thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel.

Here are a few more from Paul:

2 Corinthians 5:9-10 Therefore, whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to be pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each may be repaid for what he has done in the body, whether good or bad.

Romans 14:10-12 But you, why do you criticize your brother? Or you, why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. 11 For it is written:

As I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow to Me, and every tongue will give praise to God.

12 So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

1 Corinthians 3:8, 14 Now the one who plants and the one who waters are equal, and each will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
    14 If anyone's work that he has built survives, he will receive a reward.

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, 24 knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord—you serve the Lord Christ.

2 John 1:8 Watch yourselves so that you don’t lose what we have worked for, but you may receive a full reward.

Revelations 22:12 “Look! I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me to repay each person according to what he has done.

So then, yes, eternal life is a free gift. But God will reward those who have been faithful.

BD
    3 John 4 - "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children walk in the truth.

BadDog!

We are saved, but I believe we get a position in heaven as to how we
    behave on the earth.
    It depends on what you mean by "position". If you are referring to the believer's position in Christ, then that has nothing to do with how we live on earth. According to Scripture, we are sons of God, heirs of God, joint-heirs with Christ, and belong to a Royal Priesthood.

However, if you are referring to the believer's responsibilities and rewards in Heaven, then that is definitely related to what we have done on earth.

However, if you are referring to the believer's responsibilities and rewards in Heaven, then that is definitely related to what we have done on earth

Yes.................

Thread Information