Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Will God give the Jews more proof that Jesus is the Messiah?

Re: Will God give the Jews more proof that Jesus is the Messiah?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
    You seem to be conflating Paul and James. Paul didn't say anything regarding the restortation of the tent of David- Paul spoke of the Deliever coming to Mount Zion after the times of the gentiles(he quoted Isaiah)
    Yes, I was indeed conflating the two, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesuslovesus
    James Quotes Amos in Acts 15, and if you want to believe that this was fulfilled *prior* to God taking a people for his name from the gentiles(during the Resurrection of Christ).

You stand in opposition with the Apostles and the OT prophets who claim this only happens *After*(Acts 15:14-16).
    No, I'm not at all standing in opposition with the Apostles and Prophets! Amos said this would happen in the day that Israel comes under judgment--a judgment of great consequence. This could only have been following the time of the Assyrian and Babylonian judgments. "After that time" refers to the appearance of Jesus--his death and resurrection. It is Jesus who is restoring his rule on earth--he currently has a throne in heaven. What Jesus is doing is gathering both Jews and Gentiles into the Christian fold in the process of building his throne on earth. That Kingdom will not come into its full rule until Christ comes back and establishes his Kingdom on earth.

And so, James is right. Jesus did begin the process of rebuilding David's "fallen tent." This seems to be something that for James had already begun--not something yet to take place in the future. It was Paul who indicated that in the future all this would be completed.

James said:
    Acts 15.14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this...

If God "first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles" already, and if this was something Peter had referred to as something that already happened, then this was the "repair of David's tent" that had already begun.

Paul indicates in Rom 11 that the Gentiles will have fully entered in, in a time preliminary to Israel's salvation, when Christ returns. But the repair of "David's tent" seems to have begun with the initial outreach to the Gentiles in Peter's time.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, I was indeed conflating the two, and rightfully so.

No, I'm not at all standing in opposition with the Apostles and Prophets! Amos said this would happen in the day that Israel comes under judgment--a judgment of great consequence. This could only have been following the time of the Assyrian and Babylonian judgments. "After that time" refers to the appearance of Jesus--his death and resurrection. It is Jesus who is restoring his rule on earth--he currently has a throne in heaven. What Jesus is doing is gathering both Jews and Gentiles into the Christian fold in the process of building his throne on earth. That Kingdom will not come into its full rule until Christ comes back and establishes his Kingdom on earth.

And so, James is right. Jesus did begin the process of rebuilding David's "fallen tent." This seems to be something that for James had already begun--not something yet to take place in the future. It was Paul who indicated that in the future all this would be completed.

James said:
    Acts 15.14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this...

If God "first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles" already, and if this was something Peter had referred to as something that already happened, then this was the "repair of David's tent" that had already begun.

Paul indicates in Rom 11 that the Gentiles will have fully entered in, in a time preliminary to Israel's salvation, when Christ returns. But the repair of "David's tent" seems to have begun with the initial outreach to the Gentiles in Peter's time.
    I think i might understand what your saying here =)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    The bottom line is this. I think Jesus' earthly coming fulfilled the "restoration of David's fallen tent."
    David's fallen tent will not be restored until Jesus rules over Israel when he returns the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by CadyandZoe View Post
    David's fallen tent will not be restored until Jesus rules over Israel when he returns the second time.
    You may or may not be right. As I earlier told JLU, this is a possible interpretation. My preference, however, is to see the "restoration of David's fallen tent" as being a process that began with Christ's resurrection. And I don't say that without basis.

As I shared with JLU, the reference James made to "David's fallen tent" in Acts 15 makes it sound like it was something that Prophets "agreed" had happened in the immediate past, when Peter initially began to realize the Gentiles were to be included in this restoration process.

James said:

Thread Information