Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

  1. #1

    Help God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    I decided to follow Christ at May,28
    God always lead me to do right things.
    But when i read Bible, I find that God is unpleasant about the sex before marriage.
    I'm 23 now, as you can see, there is always sex thoughts in my mind.
    How can i fix it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California: San Diego, East County, etc.
    Posts
    91

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbzjbz View Post
    I decided to follow Christ at May,28
    God always lead me to do right things.
    But when i read Bible, I find that God is unpleasant about the sex before marriage.
    I'm 23 now, as you can see, there is always sex thoughts in my mind.
    How can i fix it?
    As with anything that needs to be fixed or repaired, the ones who know how do best; if a car see a mechanic. Now God made man, He is your Creator, He alone is able to fix broken fallen man; the Bible is His Book and Manual, and His people are His workers. Perhaps you may wish to start asking some particulars to His folks (its like telling the mechanic what you here and see or feel); don't get graphic, but do get to the heart of what's wrong. Truth must be two-sided, God's side to us through the Bible and the Holy Spirit, and our side of sin, confusion, lies, and a whole lot more. Ask some to direct you if you are seeking directions; check in to the hospital if a emergency; and by all means start talking, to us, and most importantly to God in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. When the car breaks down completely it may then be too late.

  3. #3

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjmselim View Post
    As with anything that needs to be fixed or repaired, the ones who know how do best; if a car see a mechanic. Now God made man, He is your Creator, He alone is able to fix broken fallen man; the Bible is His Book and Manual, and His people are His workers. Perhaps you may wish to start asking some particulars to His folks (its like telling the mechanic what you here and see or feel); don't get graphic, but do get to the heart of what's wrong. Truth must be two-sided, God's side to us through the Bible and the Holy Spirit, and our side of sin, confusion, lies, and a whole lot more. Ask some to direct you if you are seeking directions; check in to the hospital if a emergency; and by all means start talking, to us, and most importantly to God in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. When the car breaks down completely it may then be too late.
    Thanks.I can see.
    But the evil in my mind tortures me a lot recently.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,345
    Blog Entries
    31

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbzjbz View Post
    Thanks.I can see.
    But the evil in my mind tortures me a lot recently.
    If somebody tells you to stop thinking about a pink elephant the first thing you will do is imagine a pink elephant. The fact is, we just can't stop thinking about stuff, even if we wanted to stop. A better strategy, one that works for me, is to think about something else. It's just a matter of focus and attention. Think about someone noble; have a conversation with a friend, call your parents, read an inspirational biography, find something to do with your hands like play the guitar, or make things out of wood, or repair a car, or plant flowers, or bake a cake, listen to classical music, or spiritual music, or praise songs or hymns, browse through your local library, watch a good movie where the main character does something hard or difficult or noble, saves lives, rescues people, ends a war, teaches children, builds a house, or a school or a bridge.

    In other words, set your mind on things above; think about other things, make positive plans, dream about helping others and then find a way to make it happen. Join a choir; take a class; study philosophy; read the Bible; write stories about your experiences. Get out and be with people.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    2,206
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Thanks. I can see.
    But the evil in my mind tortures me a lot recently.

    Corinthians 10:5New American Standard Bible (NASB)

    5 "We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ"

    I hear you brother. The narrow road is not easy, but it is doable. We are fighting against the current, but we have help, -real help-, not pretend help. If the Spirit is convicting you, that's a GOOD thing, embrace it. The evil in our minds [ and actions ] are at war with God, but He has given us the power to defect it, to rise above, to conquer it.

    "But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord". Romans 8:37




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,140

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbzjbz View Post
    I decided to follow Christ at May,28
    God always lead me to do right things.
    But when i read Bible, I find that God is unpleasant about the sex before marriage.
    I'm 23 now, as you can see, there is always sex thoughts in my mind.
    How can i fix it?
    Wonderful to hear of your decision to believe in, and confess Jesus. Here are a few things you should know.

    Your spirit has been born again and God has come to live in your spirit. But your soul, made of mind, emotions and will, has a history of thinking, feeling and deciding in favor of your body, which is totally, and irredeemably fallen (Read Romans 7:14-25). So your flesh will, with and increased vehemence, cry out for satisfaction, and God will cry out of your spirit to preserve His New Temple. At 23 your sex-drive is almost at it highest, so your old flesh, inherited from Adam, is actually your enemy.

    HOWEVER .... you should be clear that marriage is not a piece of paper issued by an authorized person. That may be men's traditions, but marriage in the Bible is when a man leaves his parents and their house, and joins together with a woman sexually and stays with her. Sexual union with person that you stay with is marriage. Sexual union with one or more women that you then leave, is fornication, and this damages you, and God, because you have become His new Temple (1st Cor.6:15-19).

    SO ... if you have a steady woman that you live with and have sex, you are fine with God. He doesn't care for men's traditions. He has made your marriage in heaven and blesses it. But if you are hopping from one woman to the next you are going to have to apply what Jesus commanded everyone of us in all three synoptic gospels - Matthew 16:24 Mark 8:34 and Luke 9:23;

    "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

    The word "and" is a conjunction. It joins two things. In this verse, the "denying" yourself refers to denying the SOUL, and the "cross" is for the flesh. That is, the FLESH will scream for sex. The SOUL has a whole 23 years of experience pandering to the flesh. But God is in your SPIRIT, and He makes demands too. You have to decide at that moment (and the many moments that will come) whether to deny the soul, and crucify the flesh, or defile God's Temple and disobey the HOLY SPIRIT in your SPIRIT.

    The battle is on ..... ! Nearly every male on this Forum, and nearly every male who is a Christian is locked in this battle. Galatians 5:17 says:

    "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would."

    In this respect ("you cannot do the things that you would") you will have to learn (takes time) to tap on a new strength. This is the strength of God dwelling in you. So Philippians 2:13 tells us, "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."
    Last edited by Walls; Jun 17th 2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Additional thought

  7. #7

    Thumbsup Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Corinthians 10:5New American Standard Bible (NASB)

    5 "We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ"

    I hear you brother. The narrow road is not easy, but it is doable. We are fighting against the current, but we have help, -real help-, not pretend help. If the Spirit is convicting you, that's a GOOD thing, embrace it. The evil in our minds [ and actions ] are at war with God, but He has given us the power to defect it, to rise above, to conquer it.

    "But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord". Romans 8:37
    Thanks!
    I can actually feel the power of God that helps me to conquer my desire.
    During the Sunday worship, one of the brothers in the church quoted the Romans 7 & 8 to me.
    Feel better right now.
    Thanks again.

  8. #8

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Wonderful to hear of your decision to believe in, and confess Jesus. Here are a few things you should know.

    Your spirit has been born again and God has come to live in your spirit. But your soul, made of mind, emotions and will, has a history of thinking, feeling and deciding in favor of your body, which is totally, and irredeemably fallen (Read Romans 7:14-25). So your flesh will, with and increased vehemence, cry out for satisfaction, and God will cry out of your spirit to preserve His New Temple. At 23 your sex-drive is almost at it highest, so your old flesh, inherited from Adam, is actually your enemy.

    HOWEVER .... you should be clear that marriage is not a piece of paper issued by an authorized person. That may be men's traditions, but marriage in the Bible is when a man leaves his parents and their house, and joins together with a woman sexually and stays with her. Sexual union with person that you stay with is marriage. Sexual union with one or more women that you then leave, is fornication, and this damages you, and God, because you have become His new Temple (1st Cor.6:15-19).

    SO ... if you have a steady woman that you live with and have sex, you are fine with God. He doesn't care for men's traditions. He has made your marriage in heaven and blesses it. But if you are hopping from one woman to the next you are going to have to apply what Jesus commanded everyone of us in all three synoptic gospels - Matthew 16:24 Mark 8:34 and Luke 9:23;

    "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

    The word "and" is a conjunction. It joins two things. In this verse, the "denying" yourself refers to denying the SOUL, and the "cross" is for the flesh. That is, the FLESH will scream for sex. The SOUL has a whole 23 years of experience pandering to the flesh. But God is in your SPIRIT, and He makes demands too. You have to decide at that moment (and the many moments that will come) whether to deny the soul, and crucify the flesh, or defile God's Temple and disobey the HOLY SPIRIT in your SPIRIT.

    The battle is on ..... ! Nearly every male on this Forum, and nearly every male who is a Christian is locked in this battle. Galatians 5:17 says:

    "For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would."

    In this respect ("you cannot do the things that you would") you will have to learn (takes time) to tap on a new strength. This is the strength of God dwelling in you. So Philippians 2:13 tells us, "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."
    Thanks for your that detailed answer.
    Your definition about marriage lights me.
    I believe my sense of guilty is the power of God, and God can actually help me to conquer my desire gradually, because I know i cannot defeat it by myself

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,140

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbzjbz View Post
    Thanks for your that detailed answer.
    Your definition about marriage lights me.
    I believe my sense of guilty is the power of God, and God can actually help me to conquer my desire gradually, because I know i cannot defeat it by myself
    That is correct. Your sexual desire is NOT illegal. It is God-given. But God set forth a principle that a man would join with ONE woman. If you are in such a union, you are fine with God and he RECOMMENDS it because we normal men "burn" with this passion (1st Cor.7:9). If you are jumping from one woman to the next, it is fornication and not what God has designed. This could cause you feelings of guilt because what you are actually doing is defiling your body which has now become the Temple of God.

    It will take your decision to refuse illegal desires, PLUS the power of God dwelling in you to avoid fornication. If you are in a normal union with one woman (which must last till one of you dies) ENJOY IT without limits. Just be careful. Many Churches, and many Pastors prefer men's traditions rather than God's Word, so they will want the marriage certificate. You might suffer at their hands because of this. But ultimately you stand before God and ii is HE HAS JOINED - not a justice of the peace, marriage officer of the State, or a magistrate (Matt.19:6; Mk.9:10).

    PS. If you are having trouble with guilt it might be because you have not been Baptized yet. There are about 5 good reasons to be Baptized and one of them is that it wipes the conscience of the past clear (1st Pet.3:20-21).

  10. #10

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    That is correct. Your sexual desire is NOT illegal. It is God-given. But God set forth a principle that a man would join with ONE woman. If you are in such a union, you are fine with God and he RECOMMENDS it because we normal men "burn" with this passion (1st Cor.7:9). If you are jumping from one woman to the next, it is fornication and not what God has designed. This could cause you feelings of guilt because what you are actually doing is defiling your body which has now become the Temple of God.

    It will take your decision to refuse illegal desires, PLUS the power of God dwelling in you to avoid fornication. If you are in a normal union with one woman (which must last till one of you dies) ENJOY IT without limits. Just be careful. Many Churches, and many Pastors prefer men's traditions rather than God's Word, so they will want the marriage certificate. You might suffer at their hands because of this. But ultimately you stand before God and ii is HE HAS JOINED - not a justice of the peace, marriage officer of the State, or a magistrate (Matt.19:6; Mk.9:10).

    PS. If you are having trouble with guilt it might be because you have not been Baptized yet. There are about 5 good reasons to be Baptized and one of them is that it wipes the conscience of the past clear (1st Pet.3:20-21).
    Thanks, actually, I'm going to take a preparing lesson for the baptism by the church from this Sunday.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,140

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbzjbz View Post
    Thanks, actually, I'm going to take a preparing lesson for the baptism by the church from this Sunday.
    Praise the Lord!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,969

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by jbzjbz View Post
    Thanks!
    I can actually feel the power of God that helps me to conquer my desire.
    During the Sunday worship, one of the brothers in the church quoted the Romans 7 & 8 to me.
    Feel better right now.
    Thanks again.
    I hope Romans 6 was quoted. Consider

    Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

    It basically says walk by faith. What does Romans 6 say about "walk"?

    Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
    Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
    Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
    Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

    You received Christ believing the gospel, so walk in Christ believing the gospel. When you are tempted, believe you have been crucified, the old man is dead, you are alive unto God to walk in holiness, and you do not have to sin. When I first learned to overcome what you are dealing with, I would thank the Father for sending His Son so I could also be crucified and not have to sin. I don't want to sin and don't have to sin, I am freed from sin. You'll feel His power and overcome! We walk by faith! So walk on!

  13. #13

    Hug Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    I hope Romans 6 was quoted. Consider

    Col 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

    It basically says walk by faith. What does Romans 6 say about "walk"?

    Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
    Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
    Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
    Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
    Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

    You received Christ believing the gospel, so walk in Christ believing the gospel. When you are tempted, believe you have been crucified, the old man is dead, you are alive unto God to walk in holiness, and you do not have to sin. When I first learned to overcome what you are dealing with, I would thank the Father for sending His Son so I could also be crucified and not have to sin. I don't want to sin and don't have to sin, I am freed from sin. You'll feel His power and overcome! We walk by faith! So walk on!
    That's it.
    When I received Christ, I felt saved.
    As a new man, I don't want to make mistakes or sins again.
    Now I know that's the demand of my flesh, and the Holy Spirit inside me will help me conquer it.
    Praise God!

  14. #14

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Committing to a woman in real marriage is sometihng that God desires for you. If you have sex with someone outside of a marriage commitment, that is fornication.

    God is in charge of the laws of the land (see Romans 13). The laws of the land define as married those who have gotten married under the law and those who have been together over seven years. (So for the seven years you would be living with a woman you'r not married to, you would be in fornication.)

    An exception to this would be that God does not recognize homosexual marriages under the law.

    So Walls is wrong on that point, he is taking a highly liberal view not accepted by almost all of Christianity (I say "almost" so as not to judge him as being outside the body--it really is not a Christian view!)

  15. #15

    Re: God changes me, but make me feel hard.

    Sex outside of a marriage commitment under the law is fornication. God recognizes a piece of paper.

    Without it, you will be fornicating with your "spouse" for seven years until the government recognizes it as a marriage under common law.

    The laws of the land are ordained of the Lord. Romans 13.

    An exception to this rule is that God doesn't recognize homosexual marriages. Matthew 19:4-6.

    So Walls is incorrect and taking a highly liberal view that is not Christian, when he says that a piece of paper doesn't matter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Need Advice: God changes me, but make me feel hard.
    By jbzjbz in forum Growing in Christ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 17th 2017, 12:20 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 14th 2010, 10:36 AM
  3. Why do we make Revelation so hard?
    By Partaker of Christ in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 14th 2010, 02:08 AM
  4. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jun 17th 2009, 03:00 PM
  5. Replies: 42
    Last Post: May 31st 2008, 11:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •