Page 1 of 19 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW CAN ANY PERSON ENTER THE BODY OF CHRIST ??

HOW CAN ANY PERSON ENTER THE BODY OF CHRIST ??

Hi to all and there will be many answers when this question is asked ?

I was Water Baptized !!

I spoke in Tongues in church !!

My parents are saved !!

I have Repented !!

I have been a member in my church for 50 years !!

How does a person enter and be " in Christ ".

dan p

Re: HOW CAN ANY PERSON ENTER THE BODY OF CHRIST ??

1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. This is the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which takes place the moment we believe the gospel (Acts 10:43-47: 11:16-17: Ephesians 1:13).
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. This is that baptism of the Holy Spirit, which takes place the moment we believe the gospel (Acts 10:43-47: 11:17: Ephesians 1:13).
    Hi and that is how !!

Bur , now , what does BAPRIZO / BAPTIZED mean , is it by WATER or by another way ?

Does a person have to be Indwellth with the Holy Spirit before inducted into the B O C ??

What do you think , about Gal 3:28 ??

dan p

Quote Originally Posted by dan p View Post
    Hi and that is how !!

Bur , now , what does BAPRIZO / BAPTIZED mean , is it by WATER or by another way ?

What do you think , about Gal 3:28 ??

dan p
    There is a distinction between water baptism and Spirit baptism (Matthew 3:11: Acts 11:16-17). Water baptism does not place us into the body of Christ, but Spirit baptism does.

Believers are water baptized into Christ in the same sense that the Israelites were "baptized into Moses" (1 Corinthians 10:2). Not literally baptized into the body here but in regards to identification.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

I was Water Baptized !!
    My parents are saved !!
    I have Repented !!
    dan p
    Dan,
    It looks like you are already in the Body of Christ, so now its time to get to work!

The moment a person repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, he receives the gift of the Holy Spirit and then becomes a child of God. The Holy Spirit immediately places him in the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-14).

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

!Re: HOW CAN ANY PERSON ENTER THE BODY OF CHRIST ??

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel567 View Post
    Dan,
    It looks like you are already in the Body of Christ, so now its time to get to work!

The moment a person repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, he receives the gift of the Holy Spirit and then becomes a child of God. The Holy Spirit immediately places him in the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-14).

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Hi and where does Paul say we have to REPENT ??

Maybe you can explain 1 Cor 2:14 , so this means some else has to take place BEFORE a person can be saved , , see Acts 16:14 and believe !

dan p

Re: !Re: HOW CAN ANY PERSON ENTER THE BODY OF CHRIST ??

Hi and where does Paul say we have to REPENT ??
    Please take careful note of the words of Paul in this verse where he is summing up his ministry (Acts 20:20,21):

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

So the Gospel of Paul included repentance on one side and faith on the other side. Since you say you have repented and believed, you must now believe that you are saved to serve.

People enter and can be " in Christ ", through faith, repentance, baptism and living a Godly life.

Initially, being in Christ means to be in Christ Jesus redemption, sanctification, righteousness.

Our faith and hope is In Christ. And when we are saved we become a new creature in Christ (2 Cor 5:17). We are made Alive in Christ (1 Cor 15:22).

Our hope is in Christ, not only for Salvation, but for the lives that we live in Faith (1 Cor 15:19).

Our Wisdom is in Christ as we live our life by the wisdom of God (1 Cor 1:30), and led by the Holy Spirit (Rpm 8:14).

We are in Christ, through his truth (Rom 9:1) and we are part of the Body of Christ (Church) - (Rom 12:5)

When we are in Christ we enter into the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15; Mark 10:15).

I was Water Baptized !!

My parents are saved !!

I have Repented !!

dan p

I was Water Baptized !!

My parents are saved !!

I have Repented !!

dan p
    If you adopted Christ as your Lord and as your source of life, you are "in him." That is, you are *in his spiritual life.* And thus, you are *in his perfection,* which enables you to have eternal life.

In these day's....................

NO WATER!!!!! JUST BELIEF IN GOD...........!!!!!!!! AND HIS SON JESUS..............!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Blog Entries

I was Water Baptized !!

My parents are saved !!

I have Repented !!

dan p
    Being in Christ and being a member of THE Body of Christ are two different things, that most do not see. Prior to the epistle to the Ephesians there was never a mention of THE Body of Christ in the inspired text.

In Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians and Galatians Paul founded « churches » which he calls the « Church of God » and he compares them with a human body:

1Co 12:12 « For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. »

The last part makes no sense what so ever, is Christ divided in many members? The proper translation should have been: « so also anointed » because that is the meaning of the Greek word « χριστος » (christos), it is not always the Personal Name of our Lord.

The head of this « body » consists of believers as well, Paul talks about the eye, hearing and the nose as members of a higher « rank » then those in the feet etc. Nowhere in these letters is Christ ever called the Head of that « body ». This « body » is the Church of God. (1 Cor. 1:2) and they had all kind of gifts and not all these « bodies » had the same:

1 Corinthians 12 Romans 12
    1. the word of wisdom
    2. the word of knowledge
    3. faith
    4. gifts of healing
    5. working of miracles
    6. prophecy 1. prophecy
    7. discerning of spirits
    8. tongues
    9. interpretation of tongues
    2. ministry
    3. teaching
    4. exhortation
    5. giving
    6. ruling
    7. mercy

One can see that these two « bodies » had different gifts. When we move to Ephesians we see non of these gifts everything is now spiritual blessing. To become a member of THE body of Christ one has to

1. acknowledge it is not the same as the Church of God
    2. belief its revelation

If one doesn't belief Christ is our savior, will he be saved? The same way if one doesn't believe what THE Body of Christ is, one is not a member of it. And believing all Christians are part of it shows one is not rightly dividing the Word of Truth, because we have:

1. child of God (regenerated)
    2. son of God (in Christ, blessed with Abraham)
    3. perfect (adult) man (blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ)

These three groups have a different sphere of residing:

1. the earth
    2. the heavens and the earth
    3. the above-heavenly

Paul prays for us to be able to see what the calling is:

Eph 1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints »

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

Nope you're wrong brother. All one must do to be in Christ and become part of The Church/Body is to be born again. That's it with no special hoops or attachments added to it. IF you are truly born again you have been filled with the Holy Spirit and become a fellow heir.

That's it. No more needed.

Of course we should also seek out a local congregation or even start one of our own if we can't find any but that's a different thing than being part of The Body of Christ which consists of all born again believers.
    “For it has never yet been known to fail that one fool, when he goes astray, takes several others with him.”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Nope you're wrong brother. All one must do to be in Christ and become part of The Church/Body is to be born again. That's it with no special hoops or attachments added to it. IF you are truly born again you have been filled with the Holy Spirit and become a fellow heir.

Of course we should also seek out a local congregation or even start one of our own if we can't find any but that's a different thing than being part of The Body of Christ which consists of all born again believers.
    I agree with Brian here and post this in order to add a strong emphasis and support. And although this is very profound, and significant, it isn't complicated.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Acts 16: 30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Acts 8: 36 Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?”

37 Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”[c]

38 So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

I understand you believe that, but what Scriptures do you provide to sustain that believe?

What you say is actually that a child of God is an adult man of God. Does that make sense?

Aristarkos

Thread Information