Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
This is because a couple of errors in interpretation, imo. The single coming of Jesus theory and the failure to realize the Holy Spirit is going to be taken away. These are the reasons why you cannot see why Turkey becomes Christian to some degree in the end. Both of these would go off topic, but I will say read the judgment of all the nations of God's wrath listed in Jeremiah 25. The whole region in named, except western Turkey. Then again, I think you believe Rome is the center of the end times? So, Jeremiah 25 may not matter since it undermines the Roman AC theory.
Looks like you're confusing me with someone else. I've never had any discussion with you where Rome becomes the centre point of the end times.

As to the "evidence" that eliminates the historical churches....

Rev 2:25 But hold fast what you have till I come.

Do you accuse the Spirit of giving this church false hope? Do you accuse the Spirit of not knowing this church would be long gone before Jesus returns?
Rev 22:12; Heb 10:25;1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

The recipients of Peter's epistle are all dead. Would you say Peter lied when he said that "the end of all things is at hand" given that 2000 years later, the end still hasn't come?

Rev 3:3 Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you.

Do you accuse Jesus of deceiving this church? He knew good and well that His return would not come within the lifetime of this church. Did He lie for the greater good?
It is most unfortunate that you fail to see the enduring nature of the word of God. The word of God has endless life (Matt 24:35). The warning about Jesus coming as a thief in the night is repeated in 1 Thess 5:2 and 2 Peter 3:10 and the immediate audiences addressed are all dead - do you believe Paul and Peter lied?

Rev 3:9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

Did Jesus do this in ancient history? If not, how can the ancient synagogue of satan worship at the feet of this church? Think this thru. Will the wicked be resurrected with these saints? Or, will they still be alive because this is an end time church?
In Rev 3:9 Jesus was specifically addressing Jewish converts (Gentile Christians have no use of synagogues).

Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

1. Why did Jesus reject their Jewishness? Paul argued in Rom 2:28-29 that a Jew is not one with outward carnal ordinances such as circumcision, etc. But one whose heart is circumcized, obviously in conjunction with the fleshly circumcision. So even though these people are ethnic Jews, since their hearts are far from God (they lie, etc.), they are rejected as Jews.

2. And as their hearts are not right with God, as far as Jesus is concerned, their synagogue is for Satan and not for Him!

3. And what did he mean by "I will make them come and worship before thy feet"? Figuratively, in every basket of eggs, there will always be some good and bad ones. So the bad ones (sinners) will not make heaven but the good ones will. Remember we are told that the righteous will judge the wicked? Conceivably, the wicked will bow to the just in the Millennium. Furthermore, the wicked will come to Jerusalem to pay homage to Jesus and his saints (the righteous) in the Millennium (as far as unbelievers are concerned in the eyes of the Lord, there is no difference between Jew and Gentile). That's what he meant by they will come and worship at his feet.

Rev 3:10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Was there a world wide hour of trial in the first century in which this church escaped? There is a world wide trial at the end. If there was no world wide trial in the first century, did Jesus deceive this church to get them to repent?

There are many wonderfully fanciful guesses at what the Nicolaitans were, but zero evidence. Just like the Assyrian king Jareb Hosea wrote about, zero evidence of his existence in history. Because both of these do not yet exist.
Here Jesus addressed the Philadelphia church (Rev 3:7) and in v-8 Jesus encouraged them because they "kept his word and did not deny him". In v-9 Jesus addressed the bad eggs in their midst and in v-10 he reverted back to those who keep his word and promised to sustain them from oncoming persecution (temptation).

Since the Apostolic age (when the churches and letters occurred) till today, the church has continued to suffer persecution. Undoubtedly, the pagan world in the 1st-century must have been most intolerant of the new religion. The "world" here denotes the widespread prevalence of the persecution, but it doesn't mean it happens simultaneously.

The most obvious question. What in the world are 7 letters to ancient churches doing in the book of Revelation? It makes no sense to connect these to the end times, unless they are end time churches.

Finally, the letters are written by the Spirit to angels of the churches. Angels are not over the churches today, nor have they ever been. Even if they are over churches in the spiritual realm, why were the letters to them given to flesh?
Angels are given the seal of God in Revelation 7. Currently, just as in the first century, the HS does the sealing of the saints. In Rev 7, the angels are given the seal. I know, disbelieving the fact that the HS will be taken away causes one to interpret this as some other seal which we know nothing about, yet God thought it worthy to mention the unknown seal to us for no apparent reason.
As for the reason, the Letters were included in the Book of Revelation, see post #59. The Angels of the churches are synonymous with God's presence in the church. The angels here are figurative, just like one might say "my guardian angel". And remember, it's the church members that read the letters, not a phantom or spirit. Unfortunately, it is sometimes easy to get lost in the rich symbolic language of the scriptures and you're not the first.

As per your discourse about angels and seals, that's a matter for another day. So I'll leave that well alone for now.