Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 76 to 79 of 79

Thread: The 7 churches in Revelation

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    28,421
    Blog Entries
    92

    Re: The 7 churches in Revelation - roman emperors, laodicea, lampstands, etc... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    No sir, I reject what you're saying Slug. You're creating a straw man.

    Secondly, you aren't the one to determine who's thoughts are of Christ, and who's are not.

    If a random stranger says "sure, I know Jesus", it would take a few more questions before I could make any sort of assessment they really may know him - it may be empty words. Accusing anyone of not knowing Jesus to their face, that's rather inflammatory, and you are putting those words in my mouth.

    I am saying NOT to draw conclusions either way, but you are accusing me of saying things I didn't say.

    I'd like see you explain how sitting in a pew and saying "I know Jesus" is evidence of regeneration/faith/salvation. That's simply not enough. (sadly that's how many a church models its success)
    Tell me this then... the way the Corinthians were sinning, yet were proclaiming God AND... get this, AND were manifesting God's supernatural power. Now, Paul called them ALL brethren, saved, saints, etc... but they were FAR from truly knowing God.

    So far, all your posts deal with "judging" a moment in time when you "meet" a person and they say, "I believe". You are demanding evidence... well, what if they can't give you what you want because they have not been discipled properly yet?

    You gonna blow them off as "not" a Christian or are you gonna have compassion and correct them?

    I know many God fearing people who sit in a pew... glad you don't know them so you can use them in the negative way you are portraying other God fearing Christians who sit in a pew.

    I sat in a pew for a long time too. Most likely, I would have been one you are speaking about as you could have viewed a moment of my life and concluded what you are concluding in your many posts.

    "Religious" folk say and conclude all that you have in many posts so far...
    Slug1--out

    ~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~


    ~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

    ~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~



  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,997
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: The 7 churches in Revelation - roman emperors, laodicea, lampstands, etc... :)

    It is as if you are portraying the sinning ways of the Cornithian church, and their FLAWS, as evidence of their genuine miracles. I think that's rather mixed up.


    Paul accused the Corinthians of debauchery that was unfitting even in the secular world, and you think that I should gather from this that today's churches backsliding ways are a method of detection of real miracles?


    You have the cart before the horse. The Corinthians were then. This is now. Miracles are not in any way authenticated -today- simply because the Corinthians had some real ones in their struggling church. It DOES NOT equate.
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    28,421
    Blog Entries
    92

    Re: The 7 churches in Revelation - roman emperors, laodicea, lampstands, etc... :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    It is as if you are portraying the sinning ways of the Cornithian church, and their FLAWS, as evidence of their genuine miracles. I think that's rather mixed up.
    What I am "trying" to point out to you is a Christian doesn't have to meet "your" standards of holiness for God's power to be manifested in the life of a Christian who you may not think is Christian because they don't meet your standard(s).

    You see only a moment. You may walk into my life at a moment when I am weak and have allowed error to have it's way. And when I say, I'm a Christian... you judge my words a lie based on the moment you have viewed my life. I'm saying this is a symptom of religiousness. A Christian (without any religiousness) who comes upon a person who says they are a Christian but live a debauchery life... IS NOT gonna think, NO not a Christian. They are gonna be like Christ, who Paul imitated and do all that is possible to CORRECT the Christian and lead them OUT of their errored and debauchery.

    So far, your posts do not show you would do this. All you are showing us is that you would determine "not" a Christian.
    Slug1--out

    ~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~


    ~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

    ~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~



  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,524
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: The 7 churches in Revelation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    This the problem with creating a cannon in the first place. If you really think every word in it is as if God Himself said it, that is your choice of course. But, this creates problems. Joshua said plainly that the covenants with the fathers were fulfilled in his day. Was he right? Were the Jews established in their land forever? There is a big difference between words of men vs words from God.
    My point is that the prophets spoke with the inspiration of God. Yes, Joshua was correct. Did God fulfil his promise to give the lands to the Israelites as promised before they left Egypt? Yes, he did! But you conveniently refused to comment on the sharing of the lands among the tribes as I recommended you read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    You still haven't addressed any of the main points from several posts ago, choosing rather to lean on your own assumptions rather than deal with the texts. Did Jesus make those Jews in the first century come and bow down to those people that were being persecuted at that time? If not, how will those specific people of the first century ever be made to bow before this church?
    I have addressed the salient points of your argument. I will, however, not indulge you by responding to baseless and frivolous assumptions. Sometimes I read your interpretation of some texts and it's apparent you are still drinking milk. Your question in red above confirms your inability to discern that the warning is not limited to that generation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    A world wide hour of trial that comes to test all those who dwell on the earth just means persecution in general? I see why you have to make that assumption if you assume the letters were for those in the first century.
    Your comment above alludes to a specific *ONE hour* of affliction all over the world. Sorry, there's no such thing. You obviously do not understand the language of scripture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    If you never even make any effort to investigate the potential of the Spirit talking about end time churches, that is your choice of course.
    I don't know anyone who believes that the letters refer to a future church. Even you acknowledge that those churches literally existed in the first century, but deny the letters were meant for them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Letters to the 7 churches in Revelation
    By Tony P in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: May 5th 2016, 06:44 AM
  2. The Seven Churches of Revelation
    By Trivalee in forum Bible Chat
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Apr 17th 2016, 12:59 AM
  3. Information The 7 Churches of Revelation
    By SirToady in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 1st 2013, 06:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •