Thread: The time I was most afraid to give my testimony was someone who needed it the most

Blog Entries

The time I was most afraid to give my testimony was someone who needed it the most

This morning while I was raking straw I was reminded of something that happened about this time last year and God put it in my heart to share.

My husband had hired a man to do some much needed yard cleanup for us. With the size Of our yard and the work that had to be done really needed a professional but my husband was trying to help this guy out and gave him the job. It didn't take long to figure out that he was going through some problems and was very angry about it. Over the next 3 days i watched him on his phone fighting with what I guessed was his wife, every thing he did was in an angry violent manner, and it was scary. So I just did the only thing I thought I had courage to do was pray for him, cause I knew I wasn't gonna talk to him, right? That's what I told myself and God, "for sure this man is not the type I need to approach about God or anything, so I pray for him and his family in Jesus name amen" was my prayer every day, until he was finished and I had to approach him to pay him. That day I was anxious to even do that, but then God starts putting it on my heart to say more. I must have come up with a dozen excuses why I shouldn't and couldn't talk to him, but the feeling kept getting stronger. So as I walk out to pay him, I see that he is on his phone and I'm relieved for a second because here's my chance, I will give him the money and tell him thank you, and leave, buttt it didn't happen like that. When I went to give it to him he motioned for me to wait and he'd be off the phone, soooo I did. As he was ending his call, my heart was pounding but I knew I had to obey what God was telling me to do or say rather, so I prayed for God to give me the words for him, because I didn't even know what I was going to say. When he gets off his phone, you could tell he was defeated and he even apologized, but I tell him that God has put it in my heart to talk to him and his face just lit up and it was the first time I saw him smile the whole time and then this man started crying. i could feel the Holy Spirit surrounding us ( I feel it now as I'm typing this!). I don't even remember everything I told him, just parts about how Satan is trying really hard to get him back, but God has bigger better plans for him and he will find peace only with God. Then he tells me He had gotten saved just a week before he started on our yard but Satan was attacking him every way he could. He told me that day he asked God to show him something because he was about to give up. That experience taught me that sometimes it's the most unapproachable, scariest people that need it the most, Satan tried to scare me out of speaking up that day because he knew this man needed that message for hope and encouragement or whatever Gods purpose was, but praise God Satan was defeated that day! I'm glad God could use me.
    Are you into God?

Re: The time I was most afraid to give my testimony was someone who needed it the mos

Praise God!!

It reminds me of all the times God told Joshua, "take courage." I will remember this when I need to take courage myself.

Re: The time I was most afraid to give my testimony was someone who needed it the mos

Thanks for sharing this RUN2GOD . I got emotional reading it as well.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Thread Information