Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A question about the Jews and Dispensationalism

Blog Entries

A question about the Jews and Dispensationalism

Why would Jesus come to save people that are taught and are themselves teaching the following?

* “‘Yashu’ (derogatory for ‘Jesus’) is in Hell being boiled in hot excrement.” (Gittin 57a)
    [’Yashu’ is an acronym for the Jewish curse, ‘May his (Jesus) name be wiped out forevermore.’]
    * Yashu (Jesus) was sexually immoral and worshipped a brick.” (Sanhedrin 107b)
    * “Yashu (Jesus) was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness and refused to repent.” (Sotah 47a)
    * “Miriam the hairdresser had sex with many men.” (Shabbath 104b, Hebrew Edition only)
    * “She who was the descendant of princes and governors (the virgin Mary) played the harlot with carpenters.” (Sanhedrin 106a)
    * “Christians who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.” (Rosh Hashanah 17a)”

If this is what the Talmud teaches about Jesus, why would He come back to save them?
    Shama - A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): - X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness

Blog Entries

Re: A question about the Jews and Dispensationalism

Quote Originally Posted by Louwrens Erasmus View Post
    Why would Jesus come to save people that are taught and are themselves teaching the following?

* “‘Yashu’ (derogatory for ‘Jesus’) is in Hell being boiled in hot excrement.” (Gittin 57a)
    [’Yashu’ is an acronym for the Jewish curse, ‘May his (Jesus) name be wiped out forevermore.’]
    * “Yashu (Jesus) was cut off from the Jewish people for his wickedness and refused to repent.” (Sotah 47a)
    * “Miriam the hairdresser had sex with many men.” (Shabbath 104b, Hebrew Edition only)
    * “She who was the descendant of princes and governors (the virgin Mary) played the harlot with carpenters.” (Sanhedrin 106a)
    * “Christians who reject the Talmud will go to hell and be punished there for all generations.” (Rosh Hashanah 17a)”

If this is what the Talmud teaches about Jesus, why would He come back to save them?
    Because: « For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: » (Rom. 9:6) The Lord saves Himself a remnant of true Israelite:

Jer 23:3 — 6 « And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase. And I will set up shepherds over them which shall feed them: and they shall fear no more, nor be dismayed, neither shall they be lacking, saith the LORD. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. »

Aristarkos

This is an ethnic thing, and the reason Jews failed under the Law. God never promised to save every Jew! He did promise to regather the Jews in a new format, excluding all those who reject His Son Jesus.

In suffering a divorce under the Law Israel had to go through national exile through the whole time that Gentile nations are given the same opportunity they were given. It isn't because all Jews reject Jesus or because all Jews are as evil as their cultural line about Jesus.

Rather, Jews had their culture hijacked by the increasing effect of sin in the camp, leaven leavening the whole lump. And the group think became "reject Jesus because he is against the Jews." And so, for the last 2000 years Jews have had to move outside of the group to find the truth about Jesus.

So God tolerates this lost culture of the Jews until the Gentile nations have been afforded the same opportunity they were given. But when grace has made its way throughout the world God will send Jesus back in judgment, to separate out the innocent from the guilty, and to make of the innocent brand new nations.

And this will be simply because God promised it. The egregious sin has gone on so long simply because God has not wanted to destroy the innocent with the guilty. But there will indeed come a time when the guilty will be despoiled of their control over nations. And the righteous will be given control over the governments of the world. At least this is how I vaguely see it.

Blog Entries

The reason I asked was really to find out who actually knows what is being taught by the Jews. There are so many people just following people saying all Jews will be saved, that I thought we need to put it into perspective. Only a remnant will be saved as was saved in the days of Paul when a remnant were saved to share the gospel to the nations as per Romans 11. They actually started the Church in Rome.

So we cannot advocate a blanket acceptance of the Jews, they have to become part of the Covenant with Christ, and only through the Righteousness of Jesus can they be saved. So one and that same gospel for all people, also as per Paul in his letter to the Romans.
    Shama - A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): - X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness

For three reasons, all intimately attached to God's nature and reputation.

(1) He loves them.Deuteronomy 7:7-8 says;

7 "The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
    8 But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt."

How many have the occasions been in the history of fallen men that a son has hated and rejected his father, but the father is still willing to jump into the raging torrent or the burning house to save that son. How much more God and His perfect love.

(2) Because of God's Covenants. Verse 9 of the above goes on to say;

9 "Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;"

God made a Covenant of Promise to Israel, He made a Covenant with David for the everlasting extension of his throne, and He made the Covenant of the Sabbath. The Covenant of Law, although broken, is to be replaced by a new Covenant by promise (Jer.31:31; Heb.8:8). God's name would be trashed if He did not keep His PROMISES. Hebrews 6:13 says: "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,".

(3) Because God would not belittle the sacrifice of His Son Jesus. Over and over again God promised, through the Prophets, that He would forgive Israel their sins. The last of these was Zachariah in Luke 1:67-80. In
    • verse 68 it is, "Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,"
    • verse 69 it is, "And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;"
    • verse 72 it is, "To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;"
    • verse 76-77 it is, "And thou, child, ... To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,"

All this is in the context of Israel and all this was achieved by our Lord Jesus on Golgotha. It has not yet been put into effect, but the ground is laid, by the blood of Jesus, for the remission of Israel's sins and the ratification of the New Covenant with them.

Just like us all in the Church, God's unmerited favor is never based on our good or evil. It is pure love and grace that saves us .... and though the "salvation" of Israel is different, they apply to them as well. Chastise ... YES! Destroy ... NO!

The reason I asked was really to find out who actually knows what is being taught by the Jews. There are so many people just following people saying all Jews will be saved, that I thought we need to put it into perspective. Only a remnant will be saved as was saved in the days of Paul when a remnant were saved to share the gospel to the nations as per Romans 11. They actually started the Church in Rome.

So we cannot advocate a blanket acceptance of the Jews, they have to become part of the Covenant with Christ, and only through the Righteousness of Jesus can they be saved. So one and that same gospel for all people, also as per Paul in his letter to the Romans.
    You will need to show verses for this thesis. I know it is widely held, but the plain language of scripture is, in Romans 11:26; "And so ALL Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:" "ALL" means ALL, and "Jacob" is the 12 tribes (Ex.1:5; Isa.2:5, etc.).

The remnant is only there to allow God to move, just as He was prepared to save Sodom for a few dozen righteous people.

I couldn't agree more. And on the other hand, there is such venomous antisemitism that we need to put forward grace as a legitimate option for that remnant of Jews among Israel! My belief in a *future* salvation of national Israel is clearly and unapologetically predicated upon a coming judgment from God against the *majority in Israel,* who have positioned their cultural stand against the gospel.

Though many are innocent of this charge it is evidently the position of the majority of Jews that Christianity is antisemitic, which is clearly not the case. Just as many Jews are bad so are many nominal Christians. We must not lump everybody together in a single lump.

But we can make general observations about a group, such as when the group gets corrupted, sin spreads, and the entire group moves in an evil direction. This is what happened to the Jews from the time of Rabbinic Judaism in the days of Jesus. The culture took a stand against Christianity and has suffered from it ever since.

Neither should we say that a culture, taking such an evil position, has to remain evil, even though its initial position remains in place. The view among Jews that all Christians are antisemitic may not at all be true for the majority.

But there is no question in my mind that many among the Jews are simply ignorant, as well as innocent of the more serious charge of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. And some definitely convert to Christ--quite sincerely.

Some Christians, however, deny that the Jewish nation can convert to Christianity, or simply deny that this would be significant. They find individual salvation much more desirable than national salvation, which in itself is mixed and corrupted by nominal representatives of Christianity.

But I would just suggest that if indeed it's possible for nations to become Christian in a very real sense, establishing truly Christian, though imperfect, institutions, then I appeal to you: wouldn't this be better? Wouldn't it be better to have social structures that are Christianly just and Christianly compassionate?

Of course it is! And that's why God set up a theocracy in Israel, knowing it would be imperfect, and knowing that in the long run it would fail in this age. But in the meantime good things happen while as yet there are Christian ministries and Christian institutions--even government institutions that are Christian. And in the age to come I believe Israel and other national governments will truly be Christian once again! I cannot say this is a bad thing. In fact I must say that I believe God promised Abraham this!

Why did He come and die for your sins while you should have died for them? Jesus did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Including those who believe the things above. Not all Jews believe these things of course.

It is not your job to be the judge of anyone. God will save or cast out whomever He chooses. Didn't Jesus tell us to love our enemies? This anti-Jew agenda itself is a sin which needs repenting. They have paid a heavy price for their actions against Christ and will still pay more before they return to Him. But, they will return, just as scripture states repeatedly. That is why we should treat Jews well. We do not know which ones will return.

Blog Entries

I believe that there will be large ingathering of Jews to Jesus in end. However, it will be in the furnace of severe affliction. Repentance won't come easy.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

This was addressed to Israel in chastisement.

7 "For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
    8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
    9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.
    10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee"
    (Isaiah 54:7-10).

This was addressed to Israel on the cusp of their Babylonian defeat and Captivity;

27 "But fear not thou, O my servant Jacob, and be not dismayed, O Israel: for, behold, I will save thee from afar off, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and be in rest and at ease, and none shall make him afraid.
    28 Fear thou not, O Jacob my servant, saith the LORD: for I am with thee; for I will make a full end of all the nations whither I have driven thee: but I will not make a full end of thee, but correct thee in measure; yet will I not leave thee wholly unpunished"
    (Jeremiah 46:27-28).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    I believe that there will be large ingathering of Jews to Jesus in end. However, it will be in the furnace of severe affliction. Repentance won't come easy.
    This is the 2nd time I've agreed with you in the last 10 minutes!

When people read the verse: and all Israel will be saved..... They automatically think it means the Israel we know today.
    That this thinking is quite wrong, is proved by many ways. Firstly the Jewish people only represent 2 of the twelve tribes. Its impossible to reconcile to the Jews all the blessings promised to each of the 12, by Jacob and Moses.
    Then, at Jesus Advent, He did offer the Kingdom to them, only for the Jews to reject it and kill Him. So now salvation is open to all, as the Parable of the Wedding feast shows and how Jesus told them: The Kingdom is given to those who bear the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43
    Paul makes it plain in Galatians 3:26-29 and he says that all faithful Christians are the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16

The 'flock', referred to in Jeremiah 23:3-6, is all the Lord's faithful people, paralleled by Ezekiel 34:11-16 and mentioned by Jesus in John 10:16 Which the current inhabitants of Israel are NOT.
    The unbiblical idea of a general Jewish redemption, is just another false teaching on top of the 'rapture to heaven of the Church theory', that must have a separate Israel and Church. Many prophesies tell of the demise of all the unbelievers in all of the holy Land, by the soon to happen; fiery judgement of the Lord. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18, Isaiah 22:14, Luke 19:27

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    When people read the verse: and all Israel will be saved..... They automatically think it means the Israel we know today.
    It *cannot* mean another Israel, because there is *no other* Israel!

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz
    That this thinking is quite wrong, is proved by many ways. Firstly the Jewish people only represent 2 of the twelve tribes.
    I don't believe this is true, although it may be difficult for me to prove. While it is true that there were two captivities, the Assyrian and Babylonian captivities, and that the 10 tribes went in the 1st captivity and that the 2 tribes went in the 2nd captivity, their return remains ambiguous. It seems apparent that even though reference is made largely to the return of the 2 tribes during the Persian Restoration there is nothing to prohibit the return of other tribes, once Assyria had been conquered.

In fact we hear that on the Day of Pentecost many Jews who had remained in Diaspora continued to return to Jerusalem for the festivals. By this time "Jews" came to represent all Hebrews associated with the return of Israel to Jerusalem. Even though many Hebrews remained in Diaspora they remained in spirit with the Jews because they continued to observe Jewish laws and Jewish festivals.

Even today there are Jewish groups around the world who have not participated in the full return to Israel. But they continue to identify themselves as Jewish by participating in Jewish laws and customs. Collectively all these Jewish groups constitute "Israel," in my opinion.

Its impossible to reconcile to the Jews all the blessings promised to each of the 12, by Jacob and Moses.
    Then, at Jesus Advent, He did offer the Kingdom to them, only for the Jews to reject it and kill Him. So now salvation is open to all, as the Parable of the Wedding feast shows and how Jesus told them: The Kingdom is given to those who bear the proper fruit. Matthew 21:43
    Paul makes it plain in Galatians 3:26-29 and he says that all faithful Christians are the Israel of God. Galatians 6:16
    But the lesson of Israel's intransigence and rejection of Jesus is that *all people,* including Israel, are now eligible for salvation. Even if Israel initially rejected Jesus there is nothing to prevent them from accepting Jesus in the future.

The 'flock', referred to in Jeremiah 23:3-6, is all the Lord's faithful people, paralleled by Ezekiel 34:11-16 and mentioned by Jesus in John 10:16 Which the current inhabitants of Israel are NOT.
    The unbiblical idea of a general Jewish redemption, is just another false teaching on top of the 'rapture to heaven of the Church theory', that must have a separate Israel and Church. Many prophesies tell of the demise of all the unbelievers in all of the holy Land, by the soon to happen; fiery judgement of the Lord. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18, Isaiah 22:14, Luke 19:27
    1st, the Pretrib Rapture of the Church is *not* the only Christian position associated with the belief in Israel's national salvation. I do believe in a Rapture of the Church in the sense that we are "seized" up to the clouds to be transformed into immortals. And we will immediately descend to the earth with Christ. What happens after that I don't know--in some capacity the Church rules on earth.

But the Pretrib Rapture I do agree is wrong. However, the way you describe Israel and the Church as separate is indeed a Dispensationalist creation. I do like the way they emphasize Israel's national salvation. But I *don't* like the way they separate Israel from the Church. Israel is but one of many nations that will become Christian nations in the Millennial era, I believe. Israel, then, will be part of the Church, and not distinct from it.

Just my opinion...

That this thinking is quite wrong, is proved by many ways. Firstly the Jewish people only represent 2 of the twelve tribes. Its impossible to reconcile to the Jews all the blessings promised to each of the 12, by Jacob and Moses.
    Any Seed of Abraham, Issac and Jacob qualifies as being ISRAEL, how do you not get that? So its irrelevant if there is only TWO-TRIBES they are still of Abraham, Issac and Jacob thus they are ISRAEL. That being settled, because there is no rebut, lets move on. And by the way the Promise was to ABRAHAM and HIS SEED.....So that is being fulfilled.

You totally just do not get Galatians ch. 3 at all do you? You actually have reversed its entire meaning and point by following old traditions if men, old Church views which were anti-Jewish in nature. Allow me to demonstrate, the whole chapter is Paul chastising the Galatians because they have somehow gotten the bright idea that the should live under the LAW and under WORKS instead of under FAITH, this astonishes Paul, and he is basically saying, YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY AND BE A JEW !! We are all Sons of God in Christ Jesus VIA FAITH !! But you guys twist it and try to say it means Paul is saying there is no Israeli Nation. THAT'S WRONG-HEADED:

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. 19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

So we have the FOOLISH Galatians trying to be like the Jewish people, someone has preached unto them a BAD DOCTRINE that they needed to Keep the LAWS ( You know people even today say we need to keep the Sabbath and observe the Old Testament Laws!! ) of God in order to be sons of God. So Paul chastised them, he said how did you come unto Christ? By Faith, or by Works and the Keeping of Laws !! Then he tells them that Abraham was deemed Righteous because he BELIEVED GOD !! Thus we don't have to Keep the Laws of the Jewish peoples so QUIT TRYING TO BE JEWISH, in Gods Kingdom we will have have to come unto Him VIA FAITH, there will be no Jew or Greek in Christ Jesus, we will all be heirs by FAITH.

That is Paul telling the Gentile to quit trying to be Jewish by keeping the Laws and go back to living by Faith in Christ Jesus. You are ACCEPTED into the Family just as you are, you don;t have to try to be Jewish. Thus there is neither Jew nor Greek (in the Spiritual Kingdom of God). But that is NOT Paul saying there is NO ISRAEL.

Thread Information