Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another way of looking at the book of Revelation.

Blog Entries

Another way of looking at the book of Revelation.

I would like to explain how I view the book of Revelation and to give people a chance to look at the book of Revelation in a different light.

A different view of the book of Revelation.

The book of Revelation is the most symbolic book in a very symbolic bible and if the book of Revelation was written before 70AD it seams to match some of the past history in the first century like the persecution on the saints by Nero and Rome who I believe to be the land beast destroying Jerusalem who I believe to be Babylon the great.

The book of Revelation was not written to the whole church it was written and addressed to the sevens churches in Asia. Even though it wasn't written to us it was written for us and still applies to the church today. To get a proper understanding of the book of Revelation we have to look at Revelation standing in the shoes of the seven churches to whom it was written too. What would it of meant to them?

The book of Revelation is also the Revelation of who Jesus Christ is and what He did. Jesus is God the Messiah and Jesus ushered in the new covenant.

The book of Revelation is the transition from the old covenant to the new covenant.

The book of Revelation is the transition from the earthly Jerusalem to the new Jerusalem the Jerusalem from above the church.

The book of Revelation was a message to the seven churches that a great persecution was coming soon but Jesus also promised that He would walk with them through it and that the church would prevail.

The seven letters were written to seven literal churches that were around at the time of the writing and some people from those churches are even mentioned by name in the letters.

As we see in the verses below the book of Revelation was written about some events that must soon take place because the time was near. I wonder why the words "must soon take place"?

Revelation 1:1-3
    The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Matthew, Luke and Mark each have an account of the Olivit Discourse recorded in their gospels but there is no Olivit Discourse mentioned the gospel of John. I believe that the book of revelation is John's account of the Olivit Discourse.

I believe that the thousand year reign started on the day of Pentecost and the book of Revelation was a letter to the churches from God reassuring them that the church would prevail and grow for a long period of time and fill the whole earth but after the long period of time the church would decrease in numbers like it has today.

I believe that the book of Revelation isn't all to be taken literally and if it was all literal why are these events stated below not mentioned in the book of Revelation

There is no seven year tribulation or a seven year peace treaty between Israel and the antichrist mentioned in the book of Revelation.

There is no rapture mentioned in the book of Revelation.

There is no future temple or even an antichrist mentioned desecrating a future temple in the book of revelation.

There is no 1000 years of peace or 1000 years of peace being on the earth mentioned in the book of Revelation.

There is no mention of Jesus being on the earth for a 1000 years in the book of Revelation.

Below is who or what I believe some of the events and characters in the book of Revelation are.

The great tribulation started with the death of Steven and still is happening today.-The great tribulation is the persecution of the church.

(Mystery) Babylon the great or the great prostitute-Israel mainly the city of Jerusalem

The land beast- A Demon in control of Rome and its leaders

The sea beast also known as the false Prophet-A Demon in control of mainly apostate Israel

The 3 1/2 year persecution was under Nero in the early to mid 60's of the first century

The new Jerusalem-The church the bride of the lamb

The Wrath of God-Gods wrath on Israel

The six seals line up with the Olivit Discourse in the book of Matthew in chapter 24 and happened leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD

The two witnesses-Symbolic of the law and the prophets

The 144 000-The church made up of the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 disciples which is also the great multitude nobody could count made up of people from every tribe, nation and language.

The dragon-Satan

The army of locus and the riders on the horses-The Roman army which besieged and destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD.

The superposed second coming in Revelation chapter 19-Jesus constantly defeating all of His enemies over all time with the sword of His mouth which is His all powerful word and all He needs.
    Last edited by marty fox; Aug 19th 2017 at 05:16 PM.

Re: Another way of looking at the book of Revelation.

There is no real reason for Revelation to be thought of as past events or just a metaphorical book.
    To do that, or worse to just ignore it, as many do, is to simply place yourself in the dark , 1 Thess 5:5, about what God plans for His creation.

We are told that the Book of Revelation is to make known His plans to His people and they will be blessed to read it. Do not forget one thing, my friend: Soon to God can be a very long time to us! 2 Peter 3:8

Revelation 1:1 reads; "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:" There are some things to consider in this opening and introductory verse.
    • The word "Revelation" is "Apokalypsis" in the Greek, and comes from the root word to mean "uncover" or "take off the cover". Thus, it is not primarily a revelation of Jesus Christ as to His Person and works as disclosed in the rest of the Bible, but more the MOMENT HE IS REVEALED PERSONALLY AND PHYSICALLY TO MEN. Thus, the book has to do with the last moments of this age, and what follows when our Lord Jesus is present on earth in sight of men.
    • "His Servants" must be Christians for two reasons. (1) The nations nor Israel serve the Lord during this age. They hate Him or are indifferent to Him. Especially they are disobedient, so there is no reason to believe His "servants" are anything else than Christians. (2) John includes Himself as a "servant" in the same verse. John was a Jew by fleshly birth, but transitioned to the "New Man" and New Creature by AN-OTHER birth - that by the Holy Spirit (Jn.1:12, 3:3-6). In this New Man national ethnicity is not recognized because the ORIGIN is heavenly and spiritual. Thus, the Book is not meant for Jew or Gentile. It concerns them, but that which is shown in this Book is for Christians.
    • The word "shortly" means "in a short time", or it can mean "on short notice" or "suddenly". In Luke 18:8 it translated, "speedily". In Acts 12:7. "Arise up quickly" and in Acts 22:18, "get thee quickly out of Jerusalem", to give a sampling. Thus, verse 1 could be pointing to the events of this Book happening "suddenly" or quickly", more than meaning "in a short time after John wrote".
    • "Signified" comes from the word "SIGN". In John 20:30-31, concerning "SIGNS" it reads; 30 "And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." That is, WHAT REALLY LITERALLY HAPPENED was a "signification". Thus, "SIGNS" in Revelation are real literal happens predicted by SIGNIFICATIONS. Just like my friend who got drunk and "was sick as a dog". His manner and demeanor was of a dog chokingly heaving and regurgitating. But my friend was a real literal man. Thus, Revelation is a Book of LITERAL EVENTS "SIGNIFIED" BY PICTURES.

More can be said about the OP, but let one more suffice.

Quote; Marty Fox
    But consider this;
    1. John was raptured to heaven (Revelation 4:1 - "come UP hither")
    2. The saints who are promised by Revelation 3:10 to miss the HOUR OF TRIAL can be nowhere else than in the air, clouds or sky in order to miss this HOUR. They are not kept "IN" the hour of trial. They are kept "FROM" the hour of trial. That is, AWAY FROM IT.
    3. In Revelation 11 the two Witnesses are raptured
    4. In Revelation 12 the "Man-Child" is raptured
    5. In Revelation 14 the 144,000 stand in heaven (where the four Beasts and the 24 Elders are in Chapter 4)
    6. In Revelation 19 the Lord comes from the sky WITH His Overcomers. How did they get there?

So RAPTURE is a recurring theme in Revelation.

There is more but long posts do not get read.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    I would like to explain how I view the book of Revelation and to give people a chance to look at the book of Revelation in a different light.

A different view of the book of Revelation.

The book of Revelation is the most symbolic book in a very symbolic bible and if the book of Revelation was written before 70AD it seams to match some of the past history in the first century like the persecution on the saints by Nero and Rome who I believe to be the land beast destroying Jerusalem who I believe to be Babylon the great.

The book of Revelation was not written to the whole church it was written and addressed to the sevens churches in Asia. Even though it wasn't written to us it was written for us and still applies to the church today.

The book of Revelation is also the Revelation of who Jesus Christ is and what He did. Jesus is God the Messiah and Jesus ushered in the new covenant.

The book of Revelation is the transition from the old covenant to the new covenant.

The book of Revelation is the transition from the earthly Jerusalem to the new Jerusalem the Jerusalem from above the church.

The book of Revelation was a message to the seven churches that a great persecution was coming soon but Jesus also promised that He would walk with them through it and that the church would prevail.

The seven letters were written to seven literal churches that were around at the time of the writing and some people from those churches are even mentioned by name in the letters.

As we see in the verses below the book of Revelation was written about some events that must soon take place because the time was near. I wonder why the words "must soon take place"?

Revelation 1:1-3
    The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Matthew, Luke and Mark each have an account of the Olivit Discourse recorded in their gospels but there is no Olivit Discourse mentioned the gospel of John. I believe that the book of revelation is John's account of the Olivit Discourse.

I believe that the thousand year reign started on the day of Pentecost and the book of Revelation was a letter to the churches from God reassuring them that the church would prevail and grow for a long period of time and fill the whole earth but after the long period of time the church would decrease in numbers like it has today.

I believe that the book of Revelation isn't all to be taken literally and if it was all literal why are these events stated below not mentioned in the book of Revelation

There is no seven year tribulation or a seven year peace treaty between Israel and the antichrist mentioned in the book of Revelation.

There is no future temple or even an antichrist mentioned desecrating a future temple in the book of revelation.

There is no 1000 years of peace or 1000 years of peace being on the earth mentioned in the book of Revelation.

There is no mention of Jesus being on the earth for a 1000 years in the book of Revelation.

Below is who or what I believe some of the events and characters in the book of Revelation are.

The great tribulation started with the death of Steven and still is happening today.-The great tribulation is the persecution of the church.

(Mystery) Babylon the great or the great prostitute-Israel mainly the city of Jerusalem

The land beast- A Demon in control of Rome and its leaders

The sea beast also known as the false Prophet-A Demon in control of mainly apostate Israel

The 3 1/2 year persecution was under Nero in the early to mid 60's of the first century

The new Jerusalem-The church the bride of the lamb

The Wrath of God-Gods wrath on Israel

The six seals line up with the Olivit Discourse in the book of Matthew in chapter 24 and happened leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD

The two witnesses-Symbolic of the law and the prophets

The 144 000-The church made up of the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 disciples which is also the great multitude nobody could count made up of people from every tribe, nation and language.

The dragon-Satan

The army of locus and the riders on the horses-The Roman army which besieged and destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD.

The superposed second coming in Revelation chapter 19-Jesus constantly defeating all of His enemies over all time with the sword of His mouth which is His all powerful word and all He needs.
    Some things I agree with, and some not. I'm Premil, and see a Millennium in Rev 20. It is not said to be an age of peace, though that may be implied. It appears to be the fulfillment of a future age promised by the OT Prophets, although that is not explicitly said in Rev 20 itself.

I think there is an Antichrist, though he doesn't place himself in a literal temple. He places himself, perhaps, in a self-made temple of his own self-declared deity? But the idea of restoring a Jewish temple to me is repugnant, if not absurd. To restore temple, priesthood, and sacrifices seems ludicrous, although I understand a lot of people seem to want that to happen. Whether it will or not I don't really know.

I do agree that the Olivet Discourse focused on the events of 66-70 AD and the period of Jewish Diaspora. I don't find the Great Tribulation to be the persecution of the Church, but rather, the Diaspora of the Jews.

Although I find the Church to expand in the present age, I agree that it also appears to be suffering a decline. This appears to follow the pattern set by Israel in the OT era, in which Israel first arose, and then later fell into decline.

I don't see the 2 beasts as demons. I see them as actual men possessed by Satan.

This is my two bits....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    There is no real reason for Revelation to be thought of as past events or just a metaphorical book.
    To do that, or worse to just ignore it, as many do, is to simply place yourself in the dark , 1 Thess 5:5, about what God plans for His creation.

We are told that the Book of Revelation is to make known His plans to His people and they will be blessed to read it. Do not forget one thing, my friend: Soon to God can be a very long time to us! 2 Peter 3:8
    Thanks for your response

I don't ignore it I think that it served a lot of its purpose in the first century. To be clear I do not think that all of Revelation was in the past

We have to stand in the shoes of the people in the 7 churches and think what would the book of Revelation is mean to them?

I do think that it was soon to happen to the 7 churches and that they were blessed to read it as it was a promise from Jesus that they would prevail over the beast

Blog Entries

Thanks for your response

His Servants" must be Christians for two reasons. (1) The nations nor Israel serve the Lord during this age. They hate Him or are indifferent to Him. Especially they are disobedient, so there is no reason to believe His "servants" are anything else than Christians. (2) John includes Himself as a "servant" in the same verse. John was a Jew by fleshly birth, but transitioned to the "New Man" and New Creature by AN-OTHER birth - that by the Holy Spirit (Jn.1:12, 3:3-6). In this New Man national ethnicity is not recognized because the ORIGIN is heavenly and spiritual. Thus, the Book is not meant for Jew or Gentile. It concerns them, but that which is shown in this Book is for Christians.
    I do believe that this was written to Christians

Signified" comes from the word "SIGN". In John 20:30-31, concerning "SIGNS" it reads; 30 "And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." That is, WHAT REALLY LITERALLY HAPPENED was a "signification". Thus, "SIGNS" in Revelation are real literal happens predicted by SIGNIFICATIONS. Just like my friend who got drunk and "was sick as a dog". His manner and demeanor was of a dog chokingly heaving and regurgitating. But my friend was a real literal man. Thus, Revelation is a Book of LITERAL EVENTS "SIGNIFIED" BY PICTURES.
    Revelation 12:3-4
    3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.

Do you think that satan is a literal red dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns and that his tail could actually sweep a third of the stars out of the sky and towards the earth and then actually try to eat the baby Jesus?

Of course you don't Revelation is full of symbolism

But consider this;

John was raptured to heaven (Revelation 4:1 - "come UP hither")
    The saints who are promised by Revelation 3:10 to miss the HOUR OF TRIAL can be nowhere else than in the air, clouds or sky in order to miss this HOUR. They are not kept "IN" the hour of trial. They are kept "FROM" the hour of trial. That is, AWAY FROM IT.
    In Revelation 11 the two Witnesses are raptured
    In Revelation 12 the "Man-Child" is raptured
    In Revelation 14 the 144,000 stand in heaven (where the four Beasts and the 24 Elders are in Chapter 4)
    In Revelation 19 the Lord comes from the sky WITH His Overcomers. How did they get there?

So RAPTURE is a recurring theme in Revelation.
    I do mean a rapture of the whole church to save them from the tribulation

Point 1 John is taken alone up to heaven in the spirit to see a vision

Point 2 just means that they are protected from persecution nothing states that they are raptured

Point 3 I believe that they were symbolic of the law and the prophets which all pointed to Jesus

Point 4 Jesus accended back up to heaven

Point 5 nothing states that they were raptured I believe that they were martyred

Point 6 Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Some things I agree with, and some not. I'm Premil, and see a Millennium in Rev 20. It is not said to be an age of peace, though that may be implied. It appears to be the fulfillment of a future age promised by the OT Prophets, although that is not explicitly said in Rev 20 itself.

I think there is an Antichrist, though he doesn't place himself in a literal temple. He places himself, perhaps, in a self-made temple of his own self-declared deity? But the idea of restoring a Jewish temple to me is repugnant, if not absurd. To restore temple, priesthood, and sacrifices seems ludicrous, although I understand a lot of people seem to want that to happen. Whether it will or not I don't really know.

I do agree that the Olivet Discourse focused on the events of 66-70 AD and the period of Jewish Diaspora. I don't find the Great Tribulation to be the persecution of the Church, but rather, the Diaspora of the Jews.

Although I find the Church to expand in the present age, I agree that it also appears to be suffering a decline. This appears to follow the pattern set by Israel in the OT era, in which Israel first arose, and then later fell into decline.

I don't see the 2 beasts as demons. I see them as actual men possessed by Satan.

This is my two bits....
    Thanks for your response

2 thess 2:4
    He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Paul here states God's temple if there will be a future temple built it won't be Gods temple as God doesn't need or require a temple and sacrifice. Paul who wrote the above verse states more than once that we are now the temple of God. Nero declared himself god over everything including the church and demanded to be worshiped or you would be put to death.

This verse below seams to say that the great tribulation is the persecution of the church

Revelation 7:13-14
    13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The decline of the faithful started before Israel it started way back to the time of the flood and was the reason for the flood and will be the reason for the end of our world.

Thanks for your response

2 thess 2:4
    He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Paul here states God's temple if there will be a future temple built it won't be Gods temple as God doesn't need or require a temple and sacrifice. Paul who wrote the above verse states more than once that we are now the temple of God. Nero declared himself god over everything including the church and demanded to be worshiped or you would be put to death.
    I agree. If a temple is built it won't be God's temple, because that temple is really a temple in heaven. The one formerly built on earth was merely patterned after the true temple in heaven.

So what this Scripture may be saying is that Antichrist will place himself in God's heavenly temple by declaring himself to be deity. It is not as if he can actually acquire God's temple in heaven, but that he assumes a posture as if he is in possession of God's heavenly temple. But I'm not sure. I think Paul knew full well that Jesus had predicted the destruction of God's temple on earth. So he must've been referring to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox
    This verse below seams to say that the great tribulation is the persecution of the church

Revelation 7:13-14
    13 Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”

14 I answered, “Sir, you know.”

And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The decline of the faithful started before Israel it started way back to the time of the flood and was the reason for the flood and will be the reason for the end of our world.
    Okay, I agree. The "Great Tribulation" of the Jews (Matthew 24.21 and Luke 21.22) will also be a time of violence committed by wicked men. So it will also be a time of Tribulation for the Church. I stand corrected!

Jesus compared the days in which we live to the days prior to the Flood, in which wicked men lived in violence. Jesus said in the days before his Coming nation would rise again nation, and Jerusalem itself would be destroyed.

These are certainly violent times in which wicked men live carefree and unconcerned about a coming judgment from heaven, the day of Christ's return.

Thanks for your response

I do believe that this was written to Christians

Revelation 12:3-4
    3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born.

Do you think that satan is a literal red dragon with 7 heads and 10 horns and that his tail could actually sweep a third of the stars out of the sky and towards the earth and then actually try to eat the baby Jesus?

Of course you don't Revelation is full of symbolism

I do mean a rapture of the whole church to save them from the tribulation

Point 1 John is taken alone up to heaven in the spirit to see a vision

Point 2 just means that they are protected from persecution nothing states that they are raptured

Point 3 I believe that they were symbolic of the law and the prophets which all pointed to Jesus

Point 4 Jesus accended back up to heaven

Point 5 nothing states that they were raptured I believe that they were martyred

Point 6 Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.
    Thank you for your reply, and stating your understanding of things, I have read it and noted it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    I agree. If a temple is built it won't be God's temple, because that temple is really a temple in heaven. The one formerly built on earth was merely patterned after the true temple in heaven.

So what this Scripture may be saying is that Antichrist will place himself in God's heavenly temple by declaring himself to be deity. It is not as if he can actually acquire God's temple in heaven, but that he assumes a posture as if he is in possession of God's heavenly temple. But I'm not sure. I think Paul knew full well that Jesus had predicted the destruction of God's temple on earth. So he must've been referring to something else.

Okay, I agree. The "Great Tribulation" of the Jews (Matthew 24.21 and Luke 21.22) will also be a time of violence committed by wicked men. So it will also be a time of Tribulation for the Church. I stand corrected!

Jesus compared the days in which we live to the days prior to the Flood, in which wicked men lived in violence. Jesus said in the days before his Coming nation would rise again nation, and Jerusalem itself would be destroyed.

These are certainly violent times in which wicked men live carefree and unconcerned about a coming judgment from heaven, the day of Christ's return.
    Do you think Paul could mean the church is that tempel at all with these verses below?

1 Corr 6:19
    Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

1 Corr 3:16-17
    Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Thank you for your reply, and stating your understanding of things, I have read it and noted it.

Your welcome do you think any of my reply makes sense?

If Rev was written before AD70, then why wasn't the Church in Jerusalem included as one of the 7 churches? If the events of 70AD are in view, then the servants of Christ in Jerusalem would need the message the most.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    If Rev was written before AD70, then why wasn't the Church in Jerusalem included as one of the 7 churches? If the events of 70AD are in view, then the servants of Christ in Jerusalem would need the message the most.
    The letters to the 7 churches were personal messages to those 7 churches before chapter 4. Revelation was distributed to the rest of the churches though.

The Olivit Discourse was the real warning to the Christians in Jerusalem

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    To add Revelation wasn't just a warning it was also revelation of what God was going to do. God was going to put an end to the temple and sacrificial age.

[QUOTE=marty fox;3402331]

MARTY FOX'S FALLACIES
    It would take a book to refute all these fallacies

Fallacy #1 The book of Revelation is the most symbolic book in a very symbolic bible...

Fallacy #2 The book of Revelation is the transition from the old covenant to the new covenant.

Fallacy #3 The book of Revelation was a message to the seven churches that a great persecution was coming soon...

Fallacy #4 I believe that the thousand year reign started on the day of Pentecost...

Fallacy #5 There is no future temple or even an antichrist mentioned desecrating a future temple in the book of revelation...

Fallacy #6 There is no 1000 years of peace or 1000 years of peace being on the earth mentioned in the book of Revelation.

Fallacy #7 There is no mention of Jesus being on the earth for a 1000 years in the book of Revelation.

Fallacy # 8 The great tribulation started with the death of Steven and still is happening today.-The great tribulation is the persecution of the church.

Fallacy #9 The 3 1/2 year persecution was under Nero in the early to mid 60's of the first century

Fallacy #10 The Wrath of God-Gods wrath on Israel

Fallacy # 11 The 144 000-The church made up of the 12 tribes of Israel

Fallacy # 12 The army of locus and the riders on the horses-The Roman army which besieged and destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD.

Fallacy # 13 The superposed second coming in Revelation chapter 19-Jesus constantly defeating all of His enemies over all time...

Note: Above is proof that 13 is an unlucky number.

I wonder why the words "must soon take place"?
    Because the events mentioned in the first five seals began shortly after this book was completed. The events of the 6th and 7th seals are yet future.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Daniel567;3402632]

MARTY FOX'S FALLACIES
    It would take a book to refute all these fallacies

Fallacy #1 The book of Revelation is the most symbolic book in a very symbolic bible...

Fallacy #2 The book of Revelation is the transition from the old covenant to the new covenant.

Fallacy #3 The book of Revelation was a message to the seven churches that a great persecution was coming soon...

Fallacy #4 I believe that the thousand year reign started on the day of Pentecost...

Fallacy #5 There is no future temple or even an antichrist mentioned desecrating a future temple in the book of revelation...

Fallacy #6 There is no 1000 years of peace or 1000 years of peace being on the earth mentioned in the book of Revelation.

Fallacy #7 There is no mention of Jesus being on the earth for a 1000 years in the book of Revelation.

Fallacy # 8 The great tribulation started with the death of Steven and still is happening today.-The great tribulation is the persecution of the church.

Fallacy #9 The 3 1/2 year persecution was under Nero in the early to mid 60's of the first century

Fallacy #10 The Wrath of God-Gods wrath on Israel

Fallacy # 11 The 144 000-The church made up of the 12 tribes of Israel

Fallacy # 12 The army of locus and the riders on the horses-The Roman army which besieged and destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD.

Fallacy # 13 The superposed second coming in Revelation chapter 19-Jesus constantly defeating all of His enemies over all time...

Note: Above is proof that 13 is an unlucky number.

Because the events mentioned in the first five seals began shortly after this book was completed. The events of the 6th and 7th seals are yet future.
    So you believe in luck? LOL

I see statements but that's all

So point #5 where is an antichrist desecrating a future temple in the book of revelation?

But like the OP says it's just for information on another way to look at revelation

Thread Information