Page 1 of 13 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Conditions are Placed on Us Gaining the Kingdom?

What Conditions are Placed on Us Gaining the Kingdom?

Jesus, Paul and John each say it plainly:
    16The Spirit Himself testifieswith our spirit that we arechildrenof God, 17and if children,heirsalso, heirs of God and fellow heirs withChrist,if indeed we sufferwith Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.Romans 8:16-17.
    I, John,your brother and fellow partaker in thetribulation andkingdomand perseverancewhich are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word ofGod and the testimony of Jesus.Revelation 1:9.
    Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirsis the kingdom of heaven.… Blessed arethose who have been persecuted forthe sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.… "Whoever then annuls one of the leastof these commandments, andteaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:3, 10, 19.
    Truly I say toyou, unless you
    are converted and become like children,you will not enter the kingdomof heaven.Whoever then humbles himselfas this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3-4.
    Therefore Isay to you, the kingdom
    of God willbe taken away from you and given to apeople, producing the fruit of it.Matthew 21:43.
    He will put the sheep on His right,and the goatson the left.34Thenthe King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of MyFather,inherit the kingdom prepared for you fromthe foundation of the world.35'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Mesomething to drink;I was a stranger,and you invited Me in …Matthew25:34-35.
    28"You are those who have stood by Me in My trials; 29and just as My Father hasgranted Me a kingdom, I grant you 30thatyou mayeat and drink at My table in My kingdom,andyou will sit on thrones judgingthe twelve tribes of Israel.Luke22:28-30.
    Thisis a plain indication of God's righteous judgment so that you will beconsidered
    worthy of the
    kingdomof God, for which indeed you are suffering.2 Thessalonians1:5.
    Forthis you know with certainty,that no immoral or impure person orcovetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in thekingdomof Christ and God. Ephesians 5:5.
    [QUOTE] 9Ordo you not know that the unrighteous will not inheritthe kingdom of God?Do not bedeceived;neither fornicators, noridolaters, nor adulterers, noreffeminate,nor homosexuals, 10northieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, willinherit the kingdom of God.1 Corinthians 6:9-10.[/QUOTE]
    19Now the deeds of theflesh are evident, which are:immorality,impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry,sorcery, enmities,strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger,disputes, dissensions,factions, 21envying,drunkenness, carousing, and things likethese, of which I forewarn you,just as I have forewarned you, that thosewho practice such things will not inheritthe kingdom of God. Galatians 5:21.
    … didnot God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdomwhich Hepromised to those who love HimJames 2:5.
    These texts, which explain thepromise of the Kingdom, all condition it upon our living lives worthy of theKingdom, specifically by being willing to suffer what we must in order toobey the Lord.

Jesus put that very plainly:

46“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what Isay?”Luke 6:46.… “Noteveryone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter thekingdom of heaven, but only hewho does the will of my Fatherwho is in heaven.”Matthew 7:21.
    15"If youlove Me, you will keep My commandments.… 21"He who has My commandments and keeps them isthe one who loves Me; andhe who lovesMe will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and willdisclose Myself to him."… 23Jesus answered and saidto him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; andMy Father will love him, and We will cometo him and make Our abode with him. 24"He who does notlove Medoes not keep My words; andtheword which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me.John 14:15, 21, 23-24.
    Thus, itis true. Obedience to God is thecondition we must fulfill if we are to receive the Kingdom ofGod.
    “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever,
    that we may observe all the words of this law."
    Deuteronomy 29:29

Re: What Conditions are Placed on Us Gaining the Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelog View Post
    9Ordo you not know that the unrighteous will not inheritthe kingdom of God?Do not bedeceived;neither fornicators, noridolaters, nor adulterers, noreffeminate,nor homosexuals, 10northieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, willinherit the kingdom of God.1 Corinthians 6:9-10.
    "And some of you were [active voice] such. But you were washed [middle voice], but you were sanctified [passive], but you were justified [passive], in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by/in the Spirit of our God." v.11

Obedience to God is the condition we must fulfill if we are to receive the Kingdom of God.
    This needs to be stated correctly and properly. OBEDIENCE TO THE GOSPEL is the condition which God places before all humanity. This is called THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith (Rom 16:26)

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thess 1:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel567 View Post
    This needs to be stated correctly and properly. OBEDIENCE TO THE GOSPEL is the condition which God places before all humanity. This is called THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH.

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith (Rom 16:26)

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thess 1:8)
    "Only he who does the will of my father" will enter the kingdom.
    “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever,
    that we may observe all the words of this law."
    Deuteronomy 29:29

Jesus put that very plainly:[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Thus, itis true. Obedience to God is thecondition we must fulfill if we are to receive the Kingdom ofGod.
    Yes, Christian works are necessary to enter into the Kingdom of God. But they do not *earn* our right to enter into the Kingdom of God. Big difference! Only Christ was worthy to inherit the Kingdom of God. We only inherit it by his grace--by his willingness to endow us with his own worth and virtue. When we do good works we are actually choosing to participate in the righteousness of Christ. This means we enter into his worthiness, and do not supply it on our own. We only choose to do so, thus choosing to participate in something we did not have in ourselves until we participated in it and received it.

Yes, but you have to connect that with THE KINGDOM as Eyelog has. Otherwise you have just offered random scriptures.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, Christian works are necessary to enter into the Kingdom of God. But they do not *earn* our right to enter into the Kingdom of God. Big difference! Only Christ was worthy to inherit the Kingdom of God. We only inherit it by his grace--by his willingness to endow us with his own worth and virtue. When we do good works we are actually choosing to participate in the righteousness of Christ. This means we enter into his worthiness, and do not supply it on our own. We only choose to do so, thus choosing to participate in something we did not have in ourselves until we participated in it and received it.
    The scriptures Eyelog gave CERTAINLY show, in the simple and accurate sense of the grammar, that the Kingdom must be EARNED. There is no escape.

We obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel. *Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" The gospel is not a set of rituals to perform, a code of laws to be obeyed or a check list of good works to accomplish as a prerequisite for salvation. The gospel simply sets forth Christ crucified, buried and risen (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes.. (Romans 1:16).
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Faith. All else flows from this.

Yes and what exactly is "the will of the Father"? Have you studied the Gospel of John?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24).

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:40).

So the will of the Father is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That is obedience to the Gospel and the obedience of faith. If you fail to present this truth, you have failed to present the will of the Father. God now commands all men everywhere to repent and to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the one who obeyed all the commandments perfectly.

Yes and what exactly is "the will of the Father"? Have you studied the Gospel of John?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24).

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (John 6:40).

So the will of the Father is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That is obedience to the Gospel and the obedience of faith. If you fail to present this truth, you have failed to present the will of the Father. God now commands all men everywhere to repent and to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the one who obeyed all the commandments perfectly.
    AMEN !!! Faith / belief with genuine repentance in the One who called us is where all other things of God come from. Obedience , works, charity, and all of the fruits of the Spirit come from Belief. Any other formula is an exercise of the flesh.

Your verse from John concerns everlasting life and NOT entering the Kingdom of Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    AMEN !!! Faith / belief with genuine repentance in the One who called us is where all other things of God come from. Obedience , works, charity, and all of the fruits of the Spirit come from Belief. Any other formula is an exercise of the flesh.
    You are easily distracted. This verse you extol has nothing to do with entering of inheriting the Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Your verse from John concerns everlasting life and NOT entering the Kingdom of Heaven.
    This is so hilarious, I would have to ROTFL.

So all the saints who have eternal life will be standing in line to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? That is a genuine discovery, a gem of theological insight!

Please note carefully that those who receive eternal life, experience the New Birth (are regenerated), and those who are regenerated automatically enter the Kingdom of Heaven (which is also known as the Kingdom of God). Now here are the incontrovertible words of Christ (John 3:3-7):

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Thread Information