Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to drink coffee?

Re: Is it wrong to drink coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by CadyandZoe View Post
    Like a small leaf on a windy day. Like a scared rabbit shivering in the hands of a child.
    I guzzle coffee like its water some days. Can't say I ever felt like a leaf or a rabbit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    I think someone who has reached nirvana or holiness would not need to drink coffee and would watch very carefully what they put in their body. Someone mentioned sugar. Sugar may be detrimental and addictive to some, be careful not to be a stumbling block to anyone.
    Holiness is defined by God. Show us where coffee is proscribed in the Bible.

Now nirvana.....
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    It's wrong to drink coffee AND surf the internet at the same time
    Is fungus kosher?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Don't know, I don't drink coffee at all. However, back in the day when Mountain Dew had lots of caffeine, I'd pound a 2 liter bottle in a couple hours... never got any jitters though. And I was only about 135 pounds back then
    When I was at Goodfellow Air Force Base learning cryptology 12 hours a day, I drank coffee by the gallon. There were definite advantages to it, not the least of it acted like a mosquito repellant to Mormon missionaries (yes, they join the Army too).

Like a small leaf on a windy day. Like a scared rabbit shivering in the hands of a child.
    Are you sure it was coffee? I drink coffee all day, everyday, never experienced anything like that.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Coffee is from God.So it's not wrong to drink coffee. But it's not healthy.You have to also consider if coffee matter to you in life then what about meat? Is it wrong to eat meat? Drinking and eatting are same things for human.
    I would pray for your coffee. Best wishes, Junko

Blog Entries

I used to drink 6 cups of coffee in the morning, now 2 cups, go figure; no, coffee in moderation is actually good for you I believe.

The sugar in fruit is fructose not cane sugar, I don't know the difference except sugar cane sugar is processed. Stopping talking about something I am ignorant of now.
    Thank God, at a time I discovered an Occult Bookstore and said to myself, I want the Devil's power, to help me live a happy life, that God saved me - 1975.

Septuigent (English Version)
    www.ecmarsh.com/lxx/

1611kingjamesbible.com
    About: King James Bible and Versions

Audio Bible
    (Good Reader)
    Follows KJV text, except archaic word replaced with today's English.
    www.wordproject.org/bibles/audio/01_english/

"Thru the Bible" ,
    with J. Vernon McGee
    Radio Audio Archive
    Five year reading of the Bible.

Blog Entries

I just use k-cups. I'll usually have one mid-morning and one early afternoon. I have no idea what a coffee high is. I never feel any different.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jesusinmylife View Post
    Are you sure it was coffee? I drink coffee all day, everyday, never experienced anything like that.
    My wife had a bad reaction to caffeine when I knew her in college. She didn't drink coffee then, she was drinking Coke, but she grew up without caffeine and apparently her body was not used to it. One day she started to shake real bad, like a shiver when it is cold outside. And she didn't stop until I held her in my arms for awhile.

A coffee high takes place when someone has been drinking a lot of coffee, say two pots in the morning before work (her dad) and that person experiences irritability, uneasiness, nervous activity, can't seem to stop talking, until finally burning out in exhaustion.

Maybe you have witnessed something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    I just use k-cups. I'll usually have one mid-morning and one early afternoon. I have no idea what a coffee high is. I never feel any different.
    The Chia Late tea is awesome in the K cup.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    The Chia Late tea is awesome in the K cup.
    I use 2 Tazo Chai packets per cup (about 2 cups worth of water) of boiled water and after the tea is ready, I scoop in about 3 table spoons of Caffe D'Vita Chai Latte. The result is a super flavored Chai!!
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

I am 81 and have been drinking coffee for as long as I can remember......... when young of course I drank milk and coffee.........
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Maybe you have witnessed something like this?
    Not really. With coffee.
    But I have seen little kids go nuts with too much chocolate/candy/sugar.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grams View Post
    I am 81 and have been drinking coffee for as long as I can remember......... when young of course I drank milk and coffee.........
    grams, I used to smoke, which I enjoyed immensely, when I got saved in 1975 I got delivered from them, now coffee is my only vise.
    Thank God, at a time I discovered an Occult Bookstore and said to myself, I want the Devil's power, to help me live a happy life, that God saved me - 1975.

Septuigent (English Version)
    www.ecmarsh.com/lxx/

1611kingjamesbible.com
    About: King James Bible and Versions

Audio Bible
    (Good Reader)
    Follows KJV text, except archaic word replaced with today's English.
    www.wordproject.org/bibles/audio/01_english/

"Thru the Bible" ,
    with J. Vernon McGee
    Radio Audio Archive
    Five year reading of the Bible.

Blog Entries

Is it anything like this?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    Last edited by Slug1; Sep 15th 2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Fixed url

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Thread Information