Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to drink coffee?

Is it wrong to drink coffee?

Colossians 2:16 says:

"Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath."

But coffee isnīt an ordinary drink. Caffeine is a stimulant, a drug. Bible says drunkenness is wrong and sin. I think it is similar with coffee since you get that coffee "high".
    What do you think? Is it sin? Or is only being addicted to caffeine a sin.

Re: Is it wrong to drink coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by eman5 View Post

"Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath."

But coffee isnīt an ordinary drink. Caffeine is a stimulant, a drug. Bible says drunkenness is wrong and sin. I think it is similar with coffee since you get that coffee "high".
    No drinking coffee is not a sin. There is a huge different between caffeine and alcohol. Caffeine does not make you lose the ability to control your self. It may stimulate but it does not inhibit your actions or decisions.

What other things can you think of that are stimulants? Would you consider sugar a stimulant? Give a child sugar and see how stimulated he can become because of it. So would eating sugar be sin?
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Or is only being addicted to caffeine a sin.
    Addiction of any kind is a sin. But since God created caffeine, and God told us to be sober and vigilant, there is absolutely nothing wrong with drinking coffee, or tea, or anything else with caffeine. There are many other critical issues you should be addressing.

Is it wrong to drink coffee?
    No. It's not wrong to drink coffee.
    No. It's not a sin.
    Don't be addicted to anything.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Blog Entries

Who created coffee?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

I think someone who has reached nirvana or holiness would not need to drink coffee and would watch very carefully what they put in their body. Someone mentioned sugar. Sugar may be detrimental and addictive to some, be careful not to be a stumbling block to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    Sugar may be detrimental and addictive to some, be careful not to be a stumbling block to anyone.
    It is truly amazing how sugar gets a bad break when every fruit and all plannts have sugar, and every cell of every body has sugar as one of its components.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I think someone who has reached nirvana or holiness would not need to ever use the internet.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

We strain at gnats and gulp down camels. I suspect that larger issues are to be addressed in your life friend. You have not been a Christian for all that long correct? You should seek the face of God for the power of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. He will assist you in brushing past these minor matters and in dealing with more important ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    be careful not to be a stumbling block to anyone.
    True. But don't let personal convictions make us judge others.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Blog Entries

It's wrong not to drink coffee.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    It's wrong not to drink coffee.
    It's wrong to drink coffee AND surf the internet at the same time
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

I've never experience a coffee high. What's it like ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Don't know, I don't drink coffee at all. However, back in the day when Mountain Dew had lots of caffeine, I'd pound a 2 liter bottle in a couple hours... never got any jitters though. And I was only about 135 pounds back then
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Like a small leaf on a windy day. Like a scared rabbit shivering in the hands of a child.

Thread Information