Thread: Eph 5:22-23

Eph 5:22-23

Ephesians 5:22-23

KJV 22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
    MKJV 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

22 These is something difficult to be submissive to someone else, we all as Christians are to be submissive to God, here God wants women to be submissive to their husbands, this doesnít mean they are not as important to God but it is a service to the Lord for them, husbands are not perfect so they sometimes have to follow wrong decisions, women are designed to be the manís help, many women havenít grasped what they need to be for the man but many men havenít developed the leadership skills God wants them to have.

23 Husband is by God put over his wife, the husband is to love his wife as Jesus loves the church and while that may never be done it is the point to strive for. By treating a wife as Christ does the church men can be a good leader, one that she needs him to be for her.
    Live the Halleluyah life

Re: Eph 5:22-23

Quote Originally Posted by clarkthompson View Post
    Ephesians 5:22-23

KJV 22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
    MKJV 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

22 These is something difficult to be submissive to someone else, we all as Christians are to be submissive to God, here God wants women to be submissive to their husbands, this doesnít mean they are not as important to God but it is a service to the Lord for them, husbands are not perfect so they sometimes have to follow wrong decisions, women are designed to be the manís help, many women havenít grasped what they need to be for the man but many men havenít developed the leadership skills God wants them to have.

23 Husband is by God put over his wife, the husband is to love his wife as Jesus loves the church and while that may never be done it is the point to strive for. By treating a wife as Christ does the church men can be a good leader, one that she needs him to be for her.
    God has two dealing with His animate creatures. They are (1) righteousness, and (2) government. That means that when it comes to Law, justice and judgement, ALL ARE EQUAL. But for the smooth running of His universe, God has a governmental structure. From Newton's research we know that the moon circles the earth and the earth circles the sun on a fixed path because of a number Laws. These Laws GOVERN mass and movement. So also the designers of a car have designed THREE major components for the smooth and efficient running of the car, namely, the engine, the gearbox and the differential.

If one of these components decided to place themself outside of the design, chaos ensues. If the gearbox claims equality with the engine, and places itself first, the car will go, but when the maximum revolutions of the engine are reached the car will go no faster. Likewise the differential. Important as it is in the scheme of things, if the differential places itself in front of the gearbox, the car will go until the first corner. In the first corner the outer wheel will go faster that the inner wheel and the axle will shatter. So also marriage. God has a design. The design is that Christ is the head of the man, and the man the head of the woman (1 Corinthians 11:3).

Notice that man is NOT the KING of the woman. KING means military rule and the consequences of non-subjection would be death. NO! the man is "head". It denotes orders passed by a human head that either end in achieving the goal, or if refused, a spastic body. In this age Christ is HEAD of the Church, not KING. If He was king, every disobedience by a Christian would meet in retribution and even death. So also the man and woman. The man should express his wish and the woman should comply VOLUNTARILY. If she does not, the man cannot call the troops and demand retribution, but just like a spastic body, the end will be chaos.

Of course, I am well aware that men are fallen, and so a number of their decisions and commands will end in failure. But this does not give the woman, also a fallen being, reason to defy the man. When a woman defies her husband in a matter that does not end in death, or end in the breaking of God' Laws, she overturns God's Government. So also the man, when he does not submit to Christ.

Blog Entries

A real man serves his wife as Jesus served His bride.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    A real man serves his wife as Jesus served His bride.
    Exactly. Most husbands don't seem to get to verse 25.

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, - NASB
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

As a wife I value submitting to my husband, but only when it does not contradict my own walk with God.

As an example, my husband told me that he would like me to play a video game, and for my walk with God I believe that a woman should be busy at home and not engaged in idle activities. With respect I declined his offer. I believe our God always makes room for exceptions. He's laid out his commandments and this verse is not included; therefore, I believe it to be a guide.

Christ's church has free will, the freedom to make mistakes, the freedom for not only forgiveness but for open arms celebrating upon coming back. Christ's church is not only free but abides in love.

As the head of your marriage, are you both abiding in love?

Yes, let's not forget the follow up verses. God starts with the husband, just as he started with Adam, but also ends this verse with the wife, as he did during creation. He created Eve to be a helper while he instructed man to have dominion over the earth. If he specifically wanted man to dominate a woman he would have said so during creation. Vastly different wording.

Thread Information