Thread: Resurrection of the Just and Unjust

Blog Entries

Resurrection of the Just and Unjust

The theme of Resurrection revolves around two specifics that are left out of many current Rapture and resurrection Teachings... I would like to ask some thoughts on these:

1) At least ONE resurrection INCLUDES Just and Unjust people coming back from the dead together.

Daniel 121 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: 15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Matt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn... 36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

2) ONE resurrection includes JUDGEMENT By Christ Jesus:

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Now, as a general Rule I see a lot of people tie this Just and Unjust resurrection to the following: (And I certainly see a parallel)

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

OR are at least some of the references above speaking of a different resurrection, and when?

Re: Resurrection of the Just and Unjust

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    OR are at least some of the references above speaking of a different resurrection, and when?
    I've mentioned in past posts...

--I believe the passage if Dan12:1-3 refers to Israel (the nation) in the trib, and is parallel to: Ezek37:12-14,20-23 (coming up out of the graveyard of nations [where scattered]... not a physical resurrection from the dead), Hos5:15-6:3, Rom11:15[25], Jn6:39 [distinct from v.40], Isa26:16-21, etc... (in contrast to Dan12:13, which IS a physical resurrection from the dead [OT saints being resurrected at the END of the trib; Trib saints will be also, per Rev20:4--neither of these being "the Church which is His body"])

--I believe Matthew 13 is referring to "the end [singular] of the age [singular]" and refers to still-living people at the end of the trib, the righteous of whom will enter the earthly MK time period (the MK age) [in mortal bodies capable of reproducing (compare Dan2:35 and Gen9:1 "[actively] fill the earth")]... no one being shown to be "resurrected" in this passage (nor in Matt25:31-34 and context [His Second Coming to the earth]), and described in the exact opposite order [sequence] from that of our rapture.

A lot of people stumble over the words in revelation, first resurrection and second resurrection, and try to limit it to two events. But the words of Jesus in John 5 identifies the two resurrections. The resurrecting unto life and unto death. They try to say this that they must all occur as only two events, the righteous at his coming and the wicked at the end of the millennium. But Dan 12 ought to make it clear that that is simply not the case. He said that many that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awaken. Some to life and some to condemnation. The word "all" was not used there in Dan. 12:2, which confirms the words of Jesus that the judgment of the evil taking place at the end. A phrase that many do not acknowledge is about the "great" judgment day. Malachi calls it the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Jude calls it the judgment of the great day, when the angels who are in chains (wicked) will be judged.
    Joel calls it the great and terrible day of the Lord comes.

But back to my thoughts. I find the fulfilment of Dan. 12 in Daniel 7 where the 4 kings arise croon the ground, where we know that that speaks of the best in Rev. that will find his judgment, being the reason why her is cast alive into the lake of fire. He has already been given a resurrection body of damnation. To confirm this i only ask the reader to look at the one and only place that the(resurrected) wicked are sent to on their day of judgment. The lake of fire. When the bible speaks of the lake of fire as being created for the devil and his angels, it is because it is a place to torment the wicked, in bodies of flesh. The same for those who participate in the resurrection of damnation.
    One scripture that somewhat puzzles me is found in Matt 12:41.

*[[Mat 12:41]] KJV* The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

When will the men of Nineveh rose in judgment? For it says that they shall condemn "this" generation. Does THIS generation refer to the generation of Jesus's day, or the generation that will be the one to see all of the judgments found in Matt. 24. If he is referring GB to the people (that rejected) in Jesus's day, who will surely be judged at the GWTJ, or if he is referring to the judgment on the terminal generation that witnesses the ritten of the Lord, in which case, that means that the men of Nineveh will be resurrected in that time. I think that there is no question that some of the wicked, but most definitely not all, will be resurrected at that time of the Dan 12:2. And the overwhelming majority of the wicked will be resurrected at thee last day, the great day of judgment. And i think that all of the righteous, which includes Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets will be resurrected before the return of Jesus at Armageddon [many will sit down in the kingdom of heaven. But what will happen to all of the other people who lived prior to hearing about Jesus. In John 5, Jesus said that those "who have done GOOD" will receive the resurrection of life. What about faith in Christ? Is it not needed? Those who lived and longed for righteousness, prior to Christ, give testimony to the life of Jesus. Peter says that the spirit of Christ was in those prophets testifying of him. Because God knows everyone's heart, he will resurrect all those who loved righteousness at, or before, the kingdom of God is manifest with Jesus sitting on the throne. [I see the rapture taking place a very short time before the kingdom is set up at the 7th trumpet.

Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    A lot of people stumble over the words in revelation, first resurrection and second resurrection, and try to limit it to two events. But the words of Jesus in John 5 identifies the two resurrections. The resurrecting unto life and unto death. They try to say this that they must all occur as only two events, the righteous at his coming and the wicked at the end of the millennium. But Dan 12 ought to make it clear that that is simply not the case. He said that many that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awaken. Some to life and some to condemnation. The word "all" was not used there in Dan. 12:2, which confirms the words of Jesus that the judgment of the evil taking place at the end. A phrase that many do not acknowledge is about the "great" judgment day. Malachi calls it the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Jude calls it the judgment of the great day, when the angels who are in chains (wicked) will be judged.
    Joel calls it the great and terrible day of the Lord comes.

But back to my thoughts. I find the fulfilment of Dan. 12 in Daniel 7 where the 4 kings arise croon the ground, where we know that that speaks of the best in Rev. that will find his judgment, being the reason why her is cast alive into the lake of fire. He has already been given a resurrection body of damnation. To confirm this i only ask the reader to look at the one and only place that the(resurrected) wicked are sent to on their day of judgment. The lake of fire. When the bible speaks of the lake of fire as being created for the devil and his angels, it is because it is a place to torment the wicked, in bodies of flesh. The same for those who participate in the resurrection of damnation.
    One scripture that somewhat puzzles me is found in Matt 12:41.

*[[Mat 12:41]] KJV* The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

When will the men of Nineveh rose in judgment? For it says that they shall condemn "this" generation. Does THIS generation refer to the generation of Jesus's day, or the generation that will be the one to see all of the judgments found in Matt. 24. If he is referring GB to the people (that rejected) in Jesus's day, who will surely be judged at the GWTJ, or if he is referring to the judgment on the terminal generation that witnesses the ritten of the Lord, in which case, that means that the men of Nineveh will be resurrected in that time. I think that there is no question that some of the wicked, but most definitely not all, will be resurrected at that time of the Dan 12:2. And the overwhelming majority of the wicked will be resurrected at thee last day, the great day of judgment. And i think that all of the righteous, which includes Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets will be resurrected before the return of Jesus at Armageddon [many will sit down in the kingdom of heaven. But what will happen to all of the other people who lived prior to hearing about Jesus. In John 5, Jesus said that those "who have done GOOD" will receive the resurrection of life. What about faith in Christ? Is it not needed? Those who lived and longed for righteousness, prior to Christ, give testimony to the life of Jesus. Peter says that the spirit of Christ was in those prophets testifying of him. Because God knows everyone's heart, he will resurrect all those who loved righteousness at, or before, the kingdom of God is manifest with Jesus sitting on the throne. [I see the rapture taking place a very short time before the kingdom is set up at the 7th trumpet.

Blessings to all who keeps the saying and the prophecy of his book!
    GB
    Ohhhh... I missed Matt 12:41, Thanks! It actually matches a current theory that I am pondering about a separation between the Resurrection and the Rapture. It would allow for a time of refining for the dead and living who have been raised and changed, and judgement by Christ and separation of the wheat and the tares... Nineveh Judgement and judgement from the queen of the south would easily fit in there as well...

First of all, EVERY man will be resurrected (1st Corinthians 15:22). There is just a sequence. Christ first as the firstfruits, then Church and Israel (those who are His) at His Second Coming (2,000 years later). Then the Millennial Kingdom takes place and after these 1,000 years, "the rest of the dead" are resurrected.

After each resurrection comes a judgement, and ALL judgement is based on WORKS. Thus, in EVERY Judgement there are the just and unjust:
    1. Our Lord Jesus is judged by the Father and found just. He is elevated to sit on the right hand of the Majesty on High in His (Jehovah's) throne above all the heavens. When the Times of the Gentiles are full, our Lord Jesus gets a throne of His own with which to rule the earth forever.
    2. The Christians are judged for their WORKS AFTER CONVERSION (Rom.14:10; 2nd Cor.5:10). The just Christians are made co-kings with Christ and are allowed into the Wedding Feast of Christ. The unjust Christians are cast into "outer darkness" away from the presence of the lord and may even get "stripes" for the duration of the 1,000 years. As God ushers in the New Earth, these wayward Christians are restored (Rev.21:3-4).
    3. Israel are judged for their works under Law (Rom.2:12). As ALL Israel are restored to their Land, some will be famous and some in everlasting disgrace (Dan.12:2 - the Book of Daniel concerns "Daniel's People" - Dan.12:1)
    4. The LIVING of the nations who survive the Great Tribulation are judged based on their works during the Great Tribulation (Matt.25:31-46). Some are allowed into the Kingdom with its benefits, and those whose works were found to be against Christ will enter the Lake of Fire
    5. "The rest of the dead" are judged at the Great White Throne after the Millennium (Rev.20:11-15) based on their works. Those found to have been not worthy of the Lake of Fire are allowed to visit New Jerusalem (Rev.21:24-26). Those whose works are counted as having opposed God (Isa.66:24) go to the Lake of Fire.

Thus, at every judgement, the just are separated from the unjust, and at every judgement WORKS are examined.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    First of all, EVERY man will be resurrected (1st Corinthians 15:22). There is just a sequence. Christ first as the firstfruits, then Church and Israel (those who are His) at His Second Coming (2,000 years later). Then the Millennial Kingdom takes place and after these 1,000 years, "the rest of the dead" are resurrected.

After each resurrection comes a judgement, and ALL judgement is based on WORKS. Thus, in EVERY Judgement there are the just and unjust:
    1. Our Lord Jesus is judged by the Father and found just. He is elevated to sit on the right hand of the Majesty on High in His (Jehovah's) throne above all the heavens. When the Times of the Gentiles are full, our Lord Jesus gets a throne of His own with which to rule the earth forever.
    2. The Christians are judged for their WORKS AFTER CONVERSION (Rom.14:10; 2nd Cor.5:10). The just Christians are made co-kings with Christ and are allowed into the Wedding Feast of Christ. The unjust Christians are cast into "outer darkness" away from the presence of the lord and may even get "stripes" for the duration of the 1,000 years. As God ushers in the New Earth, these wayward Christians are restored (Rev.21:3-4).
    3. Israel are judged for their works under Law (Rom.2:12). As ALL Israel are restored to their Land, some will be famous and some in everlasting disgrace (Dan.12:2 - the Book of Daniel concerns "Daniel's People" - Dan.12:1)
    4. The LIVING of the nations who survive the Great Tribulation are judged based on their works during the Great Tribulation (Matt.25:31-46). Some are allowed into the Kingdom with its benefits, and those whose works were found to be against Christ will enter the Lake of Fire
    5. "The rest of the dead" are judged at the Great White Throne after the Millennium (Rev.20:11-15) based on their works. Those found to have been not worthy of the Lake of Fire are allowed to visit New Jerusalem (Rev.21:24-26). Those whose works are counted as having opposed God (Isa.66:24) go to the Lake of Fire.

Thus, at every judgement, the just are separated from the unjust, and at every judgement WORKS are examined.
    I agree with most of this, however I think that the judgement of our works is at His coming. The Word tells me that this occurs before the 7 trumpets and 7 vials. The judgement that occurs at our conversion is the judgement of SALVATION. Have we been grafted into the Family of God at that moment? We become children of God. This has nothing to do with works (YET). But at His coming the Salvation plays out in that all those who confessed with their mouths and believed in their hearts that God raised the Lord Jesus from the dead WILL BE RAISED FROM THE DEAD (on the earth). Then the Judgement of Works as Christ looks down from the clouds . THIS is where the righteous (by works) and the unrighteous of the "church" is JUDGED by Christ, and THIS is there the parable of the Virgins, and the Tares plays out. SO then, there must be a time of purging and refining, and some who were resurrected may be left to burn in the furnace through the next few years...

Notice how when the trumpets are playing out, people do not die... Rev 9:6 Notice how the Beast has a head that was apparently raised from the dead... 13:3. There are little signs of death defying people in the end times. Lots of them... Why do you think that BEHEADING is so important in the end? Some of the "living" may have perfected bodies that not not age... Just an interesting thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    The theme of Resurrection revolves around two specifics that are left out of many current Rapture and resurrection Teachings... I would like to ask some thoughts on these:

1) At least ONE resurrection INCLUDES Just and Unjust people coming back from the dead together.

Daniel 121 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: 15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Matt 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn... 36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

2) ONE resurrection includes JUDGEMENT By Christ Jesus:

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Now, as a general Rule I see a lot of people tie this Just and Unjust resurrection to the following: (And I certainly see a parallel)

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I see one bodily resurrection of the just and unjust at the end of this age..., at Jesus second coming.

However, John 5 speaks of a time that now is, for a spiritual resurrection and escaping the second death judgment.

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

Rev 20
    6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years

Rev 1
    To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood— 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    I see one bodily resurrection of the just and unjust at the end of this age..., at Jesus second coming.

However, John 5 speaks of a time that now is, for a spiritual resurrection and escaping the second death judgment.

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.

Rev 20
    6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years

Rev 1
    To Him who loves us and released us from our sins by His blood— 6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father—to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
    I see that many on this site hold to the idea of a post tribulation. One problem I have with that idea is that some read "first resurrection" and then lump the Church into that resurrection. However it is clear that these are a specific group of Believers. (beheaded for not taking the Mark of the Beast and worshiping the Beast) That seems to leave other Christians out of the resurrection... So then you need to look elsewhere like Rev 14, where the Son of Man reaps souls off the earth. But again, we run into problems, because Jesus Himself said He will send ANGELS to gather together His elect, not that He would do it (in Matt 24.) Also, these are the souls of the beheaded as proven in Chapter 15 of Rev... So there are so many holes in a Post tribulation Rapture.. The final outcome is that a Post tribulation believer will have to move things out of order, like placing Revelation 7:9-17 all the way at the back of the book... Sigh... But again, that is a problem because Rev 7:1 and 7:9 "After these things" and "after this", so we have a SEQUENCE of events right after the Sixth seal. Then the seventh is opened... Is is so easy if you just let the scriptures tell you what is going to happen in the order that it tells you. Why would Jesus show John the Rapture of the Church out of order? When He specifically is using numbers and sequences? It just does not make sense.

Well, that is my two cents on that

Blog Entries

There will be Just and Unjust in the Kingdom of God at the coming of Jesus on the Clouds of Heaven. And it all revolves around SALVATION and WORKS... Let me spell it out in Scripture for you.

What does scripture say about Works Before SALVATION?

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

What does scripture say about Works AFTER Salvation?

James 2: 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. 20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. 25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way? 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

SO then, we are MADE JUST by Grace THROUGH FAITH, but then must Continue JUSTIFIED through Works within Faith in Jesus Christ, OR OUR FAITH WILL DIE.

SO Why do we need to STAY JUSTIFIED? Because At Christ’s coming, all those in His Kingdom (SAVED) will be judged of their Works. And those SAVED who are judged to have failed in Works are punished…

2 Tim 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

1 Cor 4:1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Acts 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the justand unjust.

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Matt 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Matt 25: 14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Notice that these parables in Matt 25 are right after Jesus explains that He will appear on the Clouds of Glory and gather His elect together… Then He give parables that explain about HIS JUDGEMENT…

How then do we STAY JUST? First we must wash our feet of the filth of daily living on this sinful earth. Pray for forgiveness.

John 13: 3 Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God; 4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself. 5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded. 6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet? 7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter. 8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me. 9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head. 10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all. 11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean. 12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? 13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. 16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. 17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them. 18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me. 19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he. 20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. 21 When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

1 John 1: 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

AND because Faith without Works is dead, we must do the WORKS that Jesus commands until He comes.

Matt 25: 31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

If we don't do the WORKS right now, we will run out of time. He is at the Door people, please hear this... Matt 25 is for the saved.. Yes, even the foolish Virgins and the unprofitable servant are "Saved"... Will you be judged as one of these?

Thread Information