Page 1 of 18 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the next Biblical event to happen in the end time prophecy?

What is the next Biblical event to happen in the end time prophecy?

This question springs from another thread.

What do we really need to be looking for in real world events, while lining up in Biblical prophecy?
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Blog Entries

Re: What is the next Biblical event to happen in the end time prophecy?

Quote Originally Posted by Protective Angel View Post

What do we really need to be looking for in real world events, while lining up in Biblical prophecy?
    As Paul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:4-5...we Christians are children of the light, we should not be in the dark about God's plans for our future.
    The preceding verse says: While they are saying: all is peaceful, all secure - then sudden destruction is upon them.....

So the next prophesied event is a sudden destruction. Many prophesies say the Lord will judge the nations and Psalms 83 is specific: when a coalition of nations and peoples attempt an attack on Israel, then He will act to destroy them. Micah 4:1-12 It can be deduced from the over 100 prophesies about this forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath, that He will use fire this time. He promised to never again flood the world.
    We are told exactly where this fire will come from; the sun. Isaiah 30:26a, Psalms 50:1-3, Malachi 4:1 We know about Coronal Mass Ejections, explosions of the suns surface and we know that if a big one was earth directed, we would be very severely affected.
    This event, according to the Bible prophets, will clear out the entire Middle East region, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Jeremiah 8:16, Joel 1:15-20 and God's faithful people will migrate there. Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Psalms 107
    The rest of the world will form a One World Government, so as to regain control of food supplies and law an order.

Then all that is prophesied will happen, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennium reign.

I thought the one world government was the beginning of the antichrist?
    Where does the rapture fit in?
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Where does the rapture fit in?
    In my opinion nowhere, not going to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari View Post
    In my opinion nowhere, not going to happen.
    Actually its about 5 seconds before God destroys the world with fire

Blog Entries

The ever shrinking church just like the faithful to God dwindled down to Noah when was the only time God destroyed the world in the past. Humm it seams like that has been happening over the last 50 or so years

Revelation 20:9
    9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

The city God loves is the church not Jerusalem

Hebrews 11:10
    for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

Revelation 21:2
    2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Revelation 21:9-10
    9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Actually its about 5 seconds before God destroys the world with fire
    But that is called the second coming.

Blog Entries

But that is called the second coming.
    He comes and calls us up to meet us in the air and then comes to destroy the earth.

1Thess 4:15-18
    15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Isaiah 24:3
    The earth will be completely destroyed.
    Everything of value will be taken out of it.

That’s what the Lord has said.

2 peter 3:7-15
    7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[b] That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

He comes and calls us up to meet us in the air and then comes to destroy the earth.

1Thess 4:15-18
    15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Isaiah 24:3
    The earth will be completely destroyed.
    Everything of value will be taken out of it.

That’s what the Lord has said.

2 peter 3:7-15
    7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.[a]

11 Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12 as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.[b] That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. 13 But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.

14 So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. 15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.
    So the second coming of the Lord?

Blog Entries

Sorry i'm not sure what you mean here. The first coming was the first advent then the second will be at the end of our time. I believe that Jesus will pull us out of the earth right before He destroys it with fire. So we are not raptured from any tribulation time period just saved from Gods judgement on the earth and to change our bodies splendor like Paul tells us about in 1 corr 15.

Blog Entries

How do you see the end of our world?

Sorry i'm not sure what you mean here. The first coming was the first advent then the second will be at the end of our time. I believe that Jesus will pull us out of the earth right before He destroys it with fire. So we are not raptured from any tribulation time period just saved from Gods judgement on the earth and to change our bodies splendor like Paul tells us about in 1 corr 15.
    I agree with you I think. When the Lord comes again the earth will be destroyed and we will be with the Lord, but according to my understanding it is different than the rapture many believe. I believe in the second coming of the Lord with no rapture. According to my understanding those that believe in the rapture believes that the earth will still continue after the rapture. I don't.

Blog Entries

I agree with you I think. When the Lord comes again the earth will be destroyed and we will be with the Lord, but according to my understanding it is different than the rapture many believe. I believe in the second coming of the Lord with no rapture. According to my understanding those that believe in the rapture believes that the earth will still continue after the rapture. I don't.
    You are right the earth will not continue after the rapture. It is still a rapture as the word rapture mean a transportation from the earth to heaven but the issue is why is there a rapture?

Most believe it is to save us from a 7 year tribulation from a future antichrist but that doesn't make sense and is not actually taught in the bible and is not how God works. So it is to save us from Gods judgement on the earth as we are not subject to that and to change our bodies to our heavenly bodies as Paul teaches in 1 Corr 15

You are right the earth will not continue after the rapture. It is still a rapture as the word rapture mean a transportation from the earth to heaven but the issue is why is there a rapture?

Most believe it is to save us from a 7 year tribulation from a future antichrist but that doesn't make sense and is not actually taught in the bible and is not how God works. So it is to save us from Gods judgement on the earth as we are not subject to that and to change our bodies to our heavenly bodies as Paul teaches in 1 Corr 15
    Is judgement not in front of the great white throne and that is not on earth or are you thinking of another judgement?

Blog Entries

Is judgement not in front of the great white throne and that is not on earth or are you thinking of another judgement?
    The first judgement is destroying the world with fire as Peter talks about in 2 Peter 3 and also in revelation 20:9 as we see below

9 They marched across the whole earth. They surrounded the place where God’s holy people were camped. It was the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and burned them up.

Then we see in a few verses later the GWTJ

Revelation 20:11-15
    11 I saw a great white throne. And I saw God sitting on it. When the earth and sky saw his face, they ran away. There was no place for them. 12 I saw the dead, great and small, standing in front of the throne. Books were opened. Then another book was opened. It was the book of life. The dead were judged by what they had done. The things they had done were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it. And Death and Hell gave up their dead. Each person was judged by what they had done. 14 Then Death and Hell were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Thread Information