Page 1 of 27 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: National Anthem protest nonsense!

National Anthem protest nonsense!

This is the WRONG way to protest!

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/0...ks-on-nfl.html
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Re: National Anthem protest nonsense!

I hear NFL ratings and game attendants are way down because of these types of "protests".
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    I hear NFL ratings and game attendants are way down because of these types of "protests".
    Little do they know that they are being used as canon fodder to destroy this country from the inside out..

Jude
    II Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Doesn't the American Constitution allow for free speech?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matthewhenry View Post
    It does. And we can exercise our free speech by not buying tickets and turning off the television for various football games and Oakland A's games.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

I was actually refering to the players

Blog Entries

I was actually refering to the players
    I know you were. I simply think we should exercise ours. These guys make millions to play a non-essential game and should likely retire more easily than you or I or mailmanDan who provide things that are essential to society. The flag is symbolic of the things they desire. That flag represents the freedom and lifestyle that lets them play a game (think of it - a game) for a high class living. They may as well have spit on it, IMO.

I love MLB. However, I will turn it off forever if baseball follows this trend and doesn't fix it. These men (large children) are ungrateful. Their words that say otherwise are dressing to appease those who disagree with them.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Yes, it does. And it allows for protests. But here is the problem many of the players in the NFL and others seem to miss. What these NFL players (and now basketball and baseball players) are doing isn't "speech" in the literal sense. That is, they are not verbalizing their ideas directly; they are attempting to communicate non-verbally, i.e kneeling at the singing of the National Anthem. Now, if we were to ask them, "why are you kneeling?" I'm sure we would get more than one answer. I understand Mr. Kaepernick knelt down because he was attempting to protest unjustified police shootings. While other NFL players are kneeling because Mr. K got fired. I could be wrong about how to interpret the act of kneeling and that is my point.

The fans and the President have a different interpretation of Mr. K's act of kneeling. Those who do not rise and place a hand over the heart communicate a disrespect of the flag and the principle that we are one nation under God for which it stands. The flag stands for liberty and justice for all as we learned in grade school and anyone who kneels or sits down and does not stand and place a hand over the heart communicates, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a contempt and deep repugnance for the ideas of liberty and justice for all.

Obviously, Mr. K did NOT intend to communicate a repugnance for the nation and the ideas found in the constitution, otherwise he wouldn't feel free to protest and give expression to his concerns. Nevertheless, his actions inadvertently communicate a different idea, a disrespect of the values he holds dear. Yes, he has the right to protest, but using non-verbal means is risky and prone to be misinterpreted. The argument shouldn't be over whether or not Mr. K has the right to protest; the argument should be over how best Mr. K. can communicate his ideas. What method and means is best suited to his goal?

Given that the nation's attention has turned away from unjustified Police homicide to Mr. K's apparent (though perhaps unintentional) disrespect for the guarantors of his liberty, I'd say his attempt at protest has failed.

I don't think anyone is required to stand for the National Anthem. I believe the Pledge of Allegiance is different. But the national anthem is just a song and standing has never(that I know of) been "required".

Blog Entries

Apparently, their are some fans that love this country more than they love pro football.

When the owners profit go down the protesters will rise from kneeling. IMO

lets see, the protest is peaceful/non violent. It doesn't interfere with or prevent anyone else's liberty. It doesn't keep people from "honoring" the flag or america in the way they deem fit. It doesn't even last very long. no fires,no overturned vehicles. no broken windows, no rerouted traffic, no threats, no lewd words, hate speech or death. What is wrong is when the president of the united states calls peaceful protesters SOB's and Christians rally around him in agreement or at the very least don't repudiate and instead criticize the people who are quietly, calmly and peacefully showing solidarity with each-other. We've seen the "Wrong" kind of protests enough in these last years and months. Protests that ended in death and injury, that destroyed lives, property and businesses. Protests where madmen have murdered civilians and police officers alike.You guys really need to consider what you are really objecting to.

Blog Entries

I served my country unconditionally because those who served before me served my country unconditionally.

If a few fellow Americans want to spit on my sacrifice and service, that is their prerogative. I would still serve to protect their right to spit in my face. Partly because I refuse to lower my standards. But mostly because my Savior went to the cross unconditionally - even for those who spat in His face.

I pity the spirit of rebellion that spits on both, for although they might have material wealth, fame and material freedom, their hearts and souls will remain in a bondage worse than poverty or even physical slavery.

Truly, those who do not accept the gift of freedom will never know freedom.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I served my country unconditionally because those who served before me served my country unconditionally.

If a few fellow Americans want to spit on my sacrifice and service, that is their prerogative. I would still serve to protect their right to spit in my face. Partly because I refuse to lower my standards. But mostly because my Savior went to the cross unconditionally - even for those who spat in His face.

Those who do not accept the gift of freedom will never know freedom.
    Why do you think that this spits on your sacrifice? Is an appreciation of the men and women who served contingent upon what you do during an anthem?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    Why do you think that this spits on your sacrifice? Is an appreciation of the men and women who served contingent upon what you do during an anthem?
    Yes, it is contingent. If you don't understand why then you have no stake in this.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    I know you were. I simply think we should exercise ours. These guys make millions to play a non-essential game and should likely retire more easily than you or I or mailmanDan who provide things that are essential to society. The flag is symbolic of the things they desire. That flag represents the freedom and lifestyle that lets them play a game (think of it - a game) for a high class living. They may as well have spit on it, IMO.

I love MLB. However, I will turn it off forever if baseball follows this trend and doesn't fix it. These men (large children) are ungrateful. Their words that say otherwise are dressing to appease those who disagree with them.
    Excellent post. Tried to rep you, but was unable.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Thread Information