Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627

Thread: National Anthem protest nonsense!

Re: National Anthem protest nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by CadyandZoe View Post
    All soldiers are responsible for their actions to some degree depending on the circumstances.
    I think any soldier is responsible for all his/her actions all the time.
    Do u think one day when a soldier stands before God, he / she can have an excuse, 'I was ordered to do it, so I am not responsible?

On the other hand, the soldier has his own personal enemies and Jesus wants the soldier to love them.
    Do u mean, the soldier only needs to love his/her personal enemies?

In my judgment, Hitler was not acting as a minister of God:
    Then it seems as if u are saying Rom 13 is only applicable to certain countries.
    Is that what u are saying?

Can God exterminate/kill/delete/ cancel any person He chooses on earth today?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tea View Post
    As u can see. My view is basically hated in this thread, and soon I will be silenced.
    Good to attempt to debate with u all in here.
    I will keep going until the bullet comes.
    How dramatic.

BANG BANG, you are death, another innocent life has been taken.

But you are not innocent, you avoid (the hard) questions, ignore (the hard) posts.

I know you mean well but that's no way of having a fair discussion,

Be well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post

Jesus didn't rebuke him for being a soldier or for being under the authority of Rome. He didn't rebuke him for being over soldiers. He didn't rebuke him for being trained in the art of war. What did Jesus do? He praised the centurian for his faith that revealed how much he understood about true authority. The man knew that because he was submitted to authority, he had authority.
    I agree with this Mark, but it does not mean Jesus would have approved of him killing in physical war.

We cannot be assured of the centurion s history of killing at all!

The fruit of the spirit is so clear, but if u feel pulling a trigger in physical war gives u[and others] the sense of love of Jesus, and the joy of Jesus, and the peace of Jesus, and the patience of Jesus, and the kindness of Jesus, and the goodness of Jesus, and the gentleness of Jesus, and the faithfulness of Jesus, and the humility of Jesus, and the self control of Jesus then carry on, I just hope to have a wee bit of influence before u do!

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    BANG BANG... another innocent life has been taken.
    you avoid (the hard) questions, ignore (the hard) posts.
    Which ones, sorry if I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    Could you be so kind to answer mine [link] as well?
    Sorry, only saw this now, will try link in

Pro, I answered u in 224

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    I most certainly answered it!
    Bro, if u are not willing to answer in the here and now, and u want to Metaphorical[ize ]
    my questions, it implies to me, u don t want to discuss.

Does pulling the trigger of a modern day rifle here and now in a physical war situation flood your soul with with the joy of the Holy Spirit?

Bro, if u are not willing to answer in the here and now, and u want to Metaphorical[ize ]
    my questions, it implies to me, u don t want to discuss.

Does pulling the trigger of a modern day rifle here and now in a physical war situation flood your soul with with the joy of the Holy Spirit?
    In the same exact way that Joshua wiedling the sword of the wrath of God brings love joy and peace, so does a soldier pulling a trigger in the fulfillment of government duties to wield the sword of the wrath of God bring love joy and peace to the good.

An eternal truth is that for one person to be shown mercy, often another has to be judged. For those in the concentration camps of WW2 to be shown mercy, judgment of the wrath of God had to fall on Hitler.

I've said it repeatedly.... that pulling that trigger, in the same way as Joshua used the sword, or David, or Jesus, or King Saul, all brought love, joy and peace to the Jews, will bring love, joy and peace to those under the protection of good government. (Assuming of course, the war is just.)

God gives an individual Christian commands to turn the other cheek. This is possible because God commands government, those in authority, to wield the sword (or gun if you prefer) of God's wrath upon the evil doer.

Great peace, love and joy happened all over Europe when Hitler was finally defeated. Many people gave thanks to God for His role in the victory! Also, many people were saved in the aftermath of the war.

The sword in scripture was used for both self defense of one's family, and as an instrument of war. It symbolizes the concept for modern weapons such as guns for the basic concept has not changed. That is the beauty of scripture! It uses so much imagery and symbology that it is timeless in its wisdom. The sword represents that weapon of war, or weapon of defense of one's family, of the times it was written in. It applies to guns today as well as it did to swords in Jesus day or Joshua's day.

If a man was raping my wife, my soul would be filled horror until I pulled that trigger. After killing him, my soul woould be filled with great love, joy and peace that my wife was rescued from such an experience! I would be singing God's praises and thanking Him for equiping me to fulfill my obligation as the authority in my family to protect them from evil doers and to bring God's wrath down upon them.

What about you? I've asked before. If a man was raping your wife, and the only way to save her was to pull the trigger, would you do it?
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

I agree with this Mark, but it does not mean Jesus would have approved of him killing in physical war.

The fruit of the spirit is so clear, but if u feel pulling a trigger in physical war gives u[and others] the sense of love of Jesus, and the joy of Jesus, and the peace of Jesus, and the patience of Jesus, and the kindness of Jesus, and the goodness of Jesus, and the gentleness of Jesus, and the faithfulness of Jesus, and the humility of Jesus, and the self control of Jesus then carry on, I just hope to have a wee bit of influence before u do!
    Jesus led Joshua's army. He will lead an army in Revelation. Scripture doesn't just speak of the goodness of God, but also of His severity!

We know the centurian was an army officer. We know armies kill people. Jesus never rebuked a soldier for being in the army that was meant to fight war and keep peace through strength and threat of war.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

I didn't see any discussion of the following passage.

Revelation 19:
    11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Seems to me, there will be a time when Jesus will wage war. What do you make of that?

I didn't see any discussion of the following passage.

Revelation 19:
    11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Seems to me, there will be a time when Jesus will wage war. What do you make of that?
    I brought this passage up to him earlier and he hasn't responded to that either. This is the same Jesus that led Joshua to war. Jesus hasn't changed. He is still the general of the Lord's armies in Joshua and in Revelation.
    NASU

Blog Entries

As u can see. My view is basically hated in this thread, and soon I will be silenced.
    Good to attempt to debate with u all in here.
    I will keep going until the bullet comes.
    It's not "hated." We simply reject unbiblical doctrine presented as Biblical. That is our job, and as a Christian it's your job too. We all struggle with separating our ideology from Scripture, we all understand that. That doesn't mean it's "hated."

Stop playing the victim card
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Thread Information