Page 1 of 18 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think it is impossible for Hitler to be saved?

Do you think it is impossible for Hitler to be saved?

What do you think?

I say, he may have repented before breathing his last breath

Blog Entries

Re: Do you think it is impossible for Hitler to be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by tea View Post
    What do you think?

How did you work that out? Our lives don't belong to us, so the fact he took his own life (suicide) sealed his fate even if we are to ignore the enormity of the blood of others on his hands.

What do you think?

Exactly. And that is why we leave it the One Who knows all things to be the Judge. I wonder how many in Jerusalem knew that fateful night that a condemned criminal, who first mocked our Lord on Golgotha, but later had an exchange of less than ten words with Jesus, would be, that day, in Paradise WITH the Lord?

What do you think?

Last moment conversions are, of course, possible and have, in fact, happened. But that is not the ordinary course of judgment for men. Men tend to make decisions over the course of their lifetimes. Sometimes, when the decisions are bad, men come to the end of their lives, even though overall that bad decision does not really determine who they are.

The thief on the cross was such a man. He chose to steal, but obviously had a heart that could be impressed with Jesus' witness. His decision cost him his life. But it did not decide his eternal fate. That was decided by his overall demeanor, or by the man within. That came out as he was dying on the cross next to Jesus.

But most men don't make decisions that cost them their lives prematurely. On the other hand there are those who for whatever reason never make decisions to express their inherent goodness for the full course of their lives. They also may come to the point of death without looking good. They also may have not shown the good within, and can make a last-minute conversion.

What I'm trying to say is that the things we do throughout the course of our lives, showing who we are within, are more important than a whole life that seems to fail to vindicate that reality. It is in the whole course of our lives that we show who we are, even if the decisions we make are bad or something we have procrastinated on.

It is not really the last moment of our lives that determine this. A last moment conversion only shows who we've been all along, even if we've failed to fully display it.

That being said, Hitler failed to display an internal goodness that would vindicate him in any event. Not even a last-minute conversion would likely have shown a true change of heart. His inner man revealed an unrepentant hostility towards the things of God. If so, he was not likely to ever turn at the end to a God he despised.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    Exactly. And that is why we leave it the One Who knows all things to be the Judge. I wonder how many in Jerusalem knew that fateful night that a condemned criminal, who first mocked our Lord on Golgotha, but later had an exchange of less than ten words with Jesus, would be, that day, in Paradise WITH the Lord?
    Hitler's last act on earth was "suicide"; an unforgivable sin before God. So no, I don't see any redemption for his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Hitler's last act on earth was "suicide"; an unforgivable sin before God. So no, I don't see any redemption for his soul.
    Personally I think Hitler is in hell. But, could you show where suicide is unforgiveable ?

I'm inclined to agree with you, but do you know any Christians, who, after years of serving the Lord, failed and sinned? I do.

Is salvation based on works?

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with you, but do you know any Christians, who, after years of serving the Lord, failed and sinned? I do.

Is salvation based on works?
    I certainly hope not. I know this is one of those fine line type issues, but if this it true does that mean that if you die with any unrepentant sin in your life that you're going to hell ? Does suicide carry any less penalty than any other sin ?

It's possible, though I suspect extremely unlikely.

Hitler's last act on earth was "suicide"; an unforgivable sin before God.
    I 'get' this if you think that we must constantly ask forgiveness for our sins (otherwise they aren't forgiven), but outside of that 'Catholic' error, suicide is not, in fact, unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    could you show where suicide is unforgiveable ?
    I would also like to see how/where people come up with suicide being an automatic ticket to hell. Countless people who have taken their own lives did so for things like being abused/raped over and over and their lives being a living hell, or just in general being so oppressed and beat up by the adversary to the point they feel worthless and a burden to this world etc. I completely disagree with the auto-suicide = hell theme.
    So Send I You By Grace Made Strong

Blog Entries

Personally I think Hitler is in hell. But, could you show where suicide is unforgiveable ?
    I will second that question.

ps. How many peoples death was PAUL responsible for?
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

I agree. I don't think the Scriptures depict suicide as unforgivable, nor do I think it is unforgivable. In fact, a few years back a Christian brother and friend of mine did commit suicide. He hung himself in a barn on Halloween. I know he was a handyman, and was suffering terrible back pain. He may have lost hope and lost faith in God's willingness to heal him. In fact we don't always get healed.

I'm very saddened because I think God could've made his life more comfortable in time. He had a lot more to give than just doing handyman work. He was getting up in age, and I think he can say he did some useful things for the Lord. He was the sound man in our church, and contributed in the Christian fellowship, being outspoken on his faith as it applied to politics.

I miss his friendship, and believe he is with God. His wife also was a Christian, and she just recently passed away of natural causes. She never said anything bad about him that I know of.

Christians seem to have fascination with famous people who we think did a death bed conversion. There was even the rumor going around the Darwin repented on his death bed. Turned out false.

I try to take all such reports with a grain of salt.

Though I do believe suicide is an unforgivable sin, but only by nature of being the last sin which resulted in death without much time to repent of it. No repentance no forgiveness.

But I do not think it is a sin that would assign someone to the fire. 2 Cor 5:10 says that we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ and we will recompensed for all that we have done while in this body both the good things we have done and the “bad”. If there are bad things that we will be recompensed for I assume those are sins we have not repented of. But they are not sins that would cause us to be allotted a place in the fire. If they have been forgiven then why are we still held accountable and recompensed for them? That doesn’t sound like forgiveness.

John writes that if we see our brother commit a sin not leading to death as opposed to the one that does lead to death (I assume that’s the unpardonable one that will result in being BBQ’d) then we are to pray for them and they would be granted “life”. I do not think “Life” and “forgiveness” are the same thing though I’m sure many do. We can still have eternal life and still not be forgiven for those sins that do not lead to death if they have not been repented of.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

For all he did in his life time........... Had so many people killed ........... ? Why ? only one place for him..

I did not remember that he committed suicide , that alone would put him in hell...........
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I'm pretty sure Jesus said all sins (suicide included then?) would be forgiven except blasphemy of the holy spirit. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.

Alot of people who suffer from mental illness commit suicide. You really believe they go to hell for that? Well I don't.

Thread Information