Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Jesus life love your enemies

Re: The Jesus life love your enemies

Can God kill/delete/cancel/exterminate/get rid of any person here on this earth today?

Quote Originally Posted by tea View Post
    Can God kill/delete/cancel/exterminate/get rid of any person here on this earth today?
    God gave government the responsibility to wield His "sword of wrath". What God can do does not free government from the responsibility given to it. God can save every man on earth, but He doesn't bypass man's responsibility to believe. God gave government the sword of His wrath for a reason.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    Not sure where you live, your username suggests England , but if an enemy invaded your country I suppose you would support your army?
    Nope, not England, but no, I will not support any physical war anywhere.
    Thanks for answer. Now we can move to the next scenario -

The enemy who invaded your country makes you a prisoner, puts you on a train to work in one of their concentration camps where you live in miserable circumstances (say) the next 2-3 years. In the meantime your country has recovered and are going to free its captured citizens, meaning you as well. Soldiers arrive (risking their lives for you), a lot blood flows, corpses everywhere, but you are liberated, you are a free person again.

What do you do?

#1. Go to the soldiers and thank them, then you are a hypocrite.

#2. Go to the soldiers and preach to them it's wrong to kill, putting your mouth where your money is, practising what you preach here.

#3. Say (do) nothing but silently you are thankful being alive (because other people sinned), no matter how you put it, but it smells to hypocritism.

Do you realize with all you have said that only option 2 is consistent?

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    God gave government the responsibility to wield His "sword of wrath". What God can do does not free government from the responsibility given to it. God can save every man on earth, but He doesn't bypass man's responsibility to believe. God gave government the sword of His wrath for a reason.
    Hi Mark, I love reading about Americans point of view or maybe I could say I am really fascinated about their views and their patriotism to their government, Im curious and I presume your talking about the American government here, but am just wondering does this apply to all Governments, meaning do they all wield the sword of his wrath, lets say for example both Russia and USA, and if it does or doesn't, I guess my question is why or why not?

Hi Tea, God could zap the entire universe out of existence today, but he has given us His mind within His Word for us to communicate with Him, and having His mind or intentions revealed to us we know he has another plan.

Quote Originally Posted by boangry View Post
    Hi Mark, I love reading about Americans point of view or maybe I could say I am really fascinated about their views and their patriotism to their government, Im curious and I presume your talking about the American government here, but am just wondering does this apply to all Governments, meaning do they all wield the sword of his wrath, lets say for example both Russia and USA, and if it does or doesn't, I guess my question is why or why not?
    Yes it applies to all governments. That doesn't mean the governments always wield the sword rightly. I thank God for the Brits in WW2! They fought long and hard to keep the rest of the world free while, to our shame, the US waited trying to avoid war. The rest of the world suffered great evil for a long time while my government refused to pick up the sword of the wrath of God.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Ask God about Ananias and his wife.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Yes it applies to all governments. That doesn't mean the governments always wield the sword rightly. I thank God for the Brits in WW2! They fought long and hard to keep the rest of the world free while, to my great shame, the US waited trying to avoid war. The rest of the world suffered great evil for a long time while my government refused to pick up the sword of the wrath of God.
    It was in one sense a shame America didn't enter the fray earlier yet Im sure Gods set purpose would have had it no other way, Germany may have acted more circumspect and may have ended up being a more serious foe with more world wide casualties? I could make a movie with the changing of one action in the past totally altering outcomes etc. yet its all unknown...

I also think all countries are to rule with authority and they all make mistakes(guess they have humans involved) with the inevitability of war and its consequences as a necessity, for rulers/authorities are a terror for those of evil works and the world being in darkness well it needs to have the people kept in check. This I believe is why God has set up rulers and authorities over us.

It seems to be a sign as the morality of the worlds governments are in decline for not long ago they held the biblical morals in high regard yet now not so much(A representation of the people they represent) that this authority may be misused more and more. Yet this too will be according to Gods purpose as He will use Babylon for His set purpose as He once used them against His own people.

Quote Originally Posted by boangry View Post
    It was in one sense a shame America didn't enter the fray earlier yet Im sure Gods set purpose would have had it no other way, Germany may have acted more circumspect and may have ended up being a more serious foe with more world wide casualties? I could make a movie with the changing of one action in the past totally altering outcomes etc. yet its all unknown...
    It is hard to know. As for God's purpose, He desires governments to behave according to His design as laid out in scripture. If we walk in disobedience to that, He will still accomplish His purposes, but His will is not for us to walk against His will.

I also think all countries are to rule with authority and they all make mistakes(guess they have humans involved) with the inevitability of war and its consequences as a necessity, for rulers/authorities are a terror for those of evil works and the world being in darkness well it needs to have the people kept in check. This I believe is why God has set up rulers and authorities over us.
    I agree completely.

It seems to be a sign as the morality of the worlds governments are in decline for not long ago they held the biblical morals in high regard yet now not so much(A representation of the people they represent) that this authority may be misused more and more.
    For much of history, Christianity was counter culture. For the last couple hundred years, that has not been the case. But it has been a rare time in history for revival to be so powerful, that the world was changed from the least to the greatest. The great awakenings accomplished that and we saw it in government, in behavior of citizens and many other ways. Sadly, it seems our government (US) has turned against Godly principals in many ways. Already, I see Christianity moving back to its "normal" role of counter culturalism. It is a sad time compared to what it use to be like. But through it all, God is still in control and worthy of our worship!

Grace and peace,

Mark
    NASU

Blog Entries

Tea, let me propose something.

Let's say I am a King, and I told my subjects it was legal to eat chocolate, even ordered them to eat chocolate.

Let's say I later told those same subjects it was illegal to eat chocolate.

Who changed?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Since the Bible ends with Revelation, we don't have any written Scripture whether God takes out people or not. That doesn't mean God hasn't "taken people out" according to His will.

What you are suggesting is that we impose our convictions on God to fit Him in our idealogical box. Yet the Bible describes God's character very well for us, and also makes demands of our faith that God does not change.

Since Scripture teaches Scripture we know that to change the character of God is contrary to God's promise that He does not change.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Ok. Let me get this clear then. Was it only 1 change? From 1 covenant to another, no other changes?
    Because God doesn't change. Jesus work on the cross is a superior sacrifice (as Hebrews says it). And the Temple system is gone (faded away as Hebrews states it), so there is no other sacrifice. The result of that is believers are dead to the Law and alive to the One who knows the Law better than any human being. What you are attempting to do is impose your own law on Christians. Jesus is in charge of us, not some teacher of the Law, not a priest, and not "tea." We follow the One who is perfect not by legalism but by abiding in The Holy Spirit and following Him. Our guide for discernment is Scripture, as Paul would say...."ALL Scripture is profitable...." of course you know at the time Paul was taking about what we call 'the Old Testament.'

So when doctrine is added to Scripture, it is our duty to test it and rebuke it if it is not supported by ALL Scripture. And that's what this is all about, discernment of doctrine.

Make sense?

And as I pointed out before the priesthood (Malchezedek) existed before Moses, and our entrance into that priesthood is The New Covenant made possible by Jesus' work on the cross for sure. Not renewed, not changed, but NEW.

Blog Entries

Yes it applies to all governments. That doesn't mean the governments always wield the sword rightly. I thank God for the Brits in WW2! They fought long and hard to keep the rest of the world free while, to our shame, the US waited trying to avoid war. The rest of the world suffered great evil for a long time while my government refused to pick up the sword of the wrath of God.
    Does the same count for the Red Army picking up the sword of the wrath of God?

Blog Entries

Maybe you could leave judgment to God?

Are they any different than the Babylon of history ? If God wills it , then certainly.

Thread Information