Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you say to those who don't believe in God?

What do you say to those who don't believe in God?

I've noticed a lot of people who don't believe in God are very vocal and make fun of those who do. Personally, I live in a household where nobody believes in God, and I'm the only one. I don't like to force religion down throats but sometimes I don't know if it's even worth it to preach to others who don't believe. What's your take on this?

Re: What do you say to those who don't believe in God?

Matthew 10:19-20, 23 (NKJV)
    19 But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak;
    20 for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.

It's the Holy Spirit that must do the witnessing through you. I've sat praying in the spirit for the Lord to send His anointing to speak to someone. When He came then the words were with power and were His not mine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    I've noticed a lot of people who don't believe in God are very vocal and make fun of those who do. Personally, I live in a household where nobody believes in God, and I'm the only one. I don't like to force religion down throats but sometimes I don't know if it's even worth it to preach to others who don't believe. What's your take on this?
    Yes the hypocrisy of the 'atheists evangislism' is interesting.

It's a tricky place you are in. I would pray hard for God to soften and open your families hearts and show you who is open to hearing the Gospel.

Other than that, live the Gospel, as best you can ( as they judge our message by our actions. ) and read and study apologetics, this will give you the ability to answer the tough questions when ever they arise.

Blessings brother.

Could someone "Rep" Frank.

Frank you need your Reps on.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him
    which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

It's tough place to be. Prayer and living the Christ life. Injecting into regular talk in the place. The Spirit will lead you into that. Hear the Spirit and engage.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
    I've sat praying in the spirit for the Lord to send His anointing to speak to someone. When He came then the words were with power and were His not mine.
    What exactly do you mean by this?
    Praying in the spirit?
    His anointing?
    When you say "He" came, are you referring to the Holy Spirit?

Thanks.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

And it's ok if you don't have all the answers. God does. Sometimes they are just trying to rob you of your faith by throwing questions out there they hope you can't answer. Truly some do not wish to believe and never will. As others stated, just live it and pray for them. Eventually some will sincerely seek answers.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Blog Entries

Living in Him changes you. It might seem lonely or sometimes very difficult (at home) with unbelievers.
    I gave believers a hard time myself.
    You can still relate to people He will help you. He did not take away your humanity. He gave you a way to cope with it!

I experienced my brother getting saved at 16---He seemed to change overnight, like I lost him...he was relentless in some ways to me, I felt hurt.....He played Christian Music in the basement and years later I came to believe in Christ and realized he was not totally insane. (as previously considered) We also celebrate this to this day.

The inscription in my first Bible from those who baptized me: Remember your witness.

He is your testimony..how He made Himself known to you will be a conversation you may have many times over.
    Peace to you!

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
    (Matthew 5:5)

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

I have found that in any family "group" setting, usually not always the best atmosphere for witnessing. I've prayed in homes, in restaurants, the mall, etc when I plan on being with just "a" family member. I'm prayed up for God to open an opportunity while I know I will be one on one with a family member and when the opportunity presents itself, I don't hesitate. All we are to do is plant and water, and water, and water, and re-plant, and water... with this, God has a fertile field to harvest. Then there will be two in your family, then 4.... all in prayed up time, planting and waiting on a harvest season... be patient, don't be discouraged.
    Slug1--out

~At the end of the day, the Cross we bear... is small!~

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~"It is one thing to speak God's name in a message but another to speak of God's standards in a message. The name of God is not removed from many a message today but the standards of God... ARE removed."~

~"Psalm 106:23 Therefore He said that He would destroy them, Had not Moses His chosen one stood before Him in the breach, To turn away His wrath, lest He destroy them."...
    So don't say that God never meant to destroy the Hebrews, to do so, makes God a liar.~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I have found that in any family "group" setting, usually not always the best atmosphere for witnessing. I've prayed in homes, in restaurants, the mall, etc when I plan on being with just "a" family member. I'm prayed up for God to open an opportunity while I know I will be one on one with a family member and when the opportunity presents itself, I don't hesitate. All we are to do is plant and water, and water, and water, and re-plant, and water... with this, God has a fertile field to harvest. Then there will be two in your family, then 4.... all in prayed up time, planting and waiting on a harvest season... be patient, don't be discouraged.
    Yes... yes ... amen ...

Plant a seed by saying.. There comes a time in everyone's life when they will cry out to God your time just hasn't come yet...

Jude
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

Thanks for all the replies, i read them all. I have a lot of work to do, though I'm burdened by so much faithlessness in others and seduced by their lifestyle. I must live on, and perhaps my experiences will make me stronger and more loving towards the Holy One.

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the replies, i read them all. I have a lot of work to do, though I'm burdened by so much faithlessness in others and seduced by their lifestyle. I must live on, and perhaps my experiences will make me stronger and more loving towards the Holy One.
    Not a perhaps.

Philippians 1:6
    And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
    Peace to you!

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
    (Matthew 5:5)

For me it's setting a good example, living my faith so that by my good works others will be won to Christ.
    This has won more mustard seeds than any amount of my own will power by far.

Also, sometimes I can feel anger when talking about religion to others who are not sure. Instead of shutting down I keep talking, for darkness hates both light and truth. So I bring their hatred to light by saying "Oh, so Christianity makes you feel angry" "Well, it's not the religion, it's that they judge others so much and think they're better" "Well, as a Christian I can tell you God's greatest command is to Love, that we are all his children. The bible also commands us not to judge one another." The more I speak truth and bring the darkness to light the better. I've gone from mad to completely at a loss of words/argument in maybe three sentence exchanges. I trust in God, and pray often. I will pray for you and your family also

Quote Originally Posted by jesusinmylife View Post
    What exactly do you mean by this?
    Praying in the spirit?
    His anointing?
    When you say "He" came, are you referring to the Holy Spirit?

Thanks.
    Praying in the spirit;

Jude 1:20 KJVS
    But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

For those denying;
    Jude 1:19 KJVS
    These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

The anointing;

1 John 2:27 KJVS
    But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 KJVS
    For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us. [21] Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; [22] Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Jesus saved me outside of church walls. Prayers of others brought His salvation to me.

Ezekiel 34:11-12 KJVS
    For thus saith the Lord God ; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. [12] As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

First he saved me. Then He baptized me in the Holy Spirit. The anointing comes with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit when the baptizer, Jesus, has done His baptism.

Seek His face and dig into the Bible and He will show you.

Thread Information