Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 years and Daniel 9:27

Re: 7 years and Daniel 9:27

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Rather than address all of your individual concerns about the "parallel track," let me just say I find no inconsistencies with the idea that the 3.5 years of the 2 Prophets and the 3.5 years of the Antichrist's Reign are the same period of time. Antichrist kills lots of Christians yes, but the 2 Prophets are specially protected by God.

This has happened before in history. Ahab went after Elijah, and was unable to put him to death.
    IMO, post # 89 I just made further shows that I am the one that is correct here. When something has been debunked numerous times, such as I have done in this thread concerning this, why can't anyone come to admit it's been debunked? It's not a disgrace to have been wrong about something, and to then have been proven wrong. But it seems intellectually dishonest to not admit it. The same goes for DurbanDude here.

BTW, the same applies to me as well. If it turns out that someone manages to convince I have debunked nothing, and that they are correct instead, I will be intellectually honest and admit it. But if or until then, I'm convinced I have debunked these 3.5 year periods of time being parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    Where's the contradiction? Try reading the text again, keeping in mind that according to some of you, the 3.5 years the 2 witnesses give their testimony, and the 3.5 years the beast reigns, these are referring to the same period of time.

Revelation 11:7 *And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Let's break this down some.

And when they shall have finished their testimony.

What would that mean according to the position that claims the 3.5 years the 2 witnesses give their testimony, and the 3.5 years the beast reigns, these are referring to the same period of time? Would it not mean this 3.5 year period of time is now over and in the past?

the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

When does the text indicate the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them? Is it not until after they have finished their testimony? Wouldn't that clearly mean that the 42 months the beast is allowed to continue, this is not when the beast shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them, but that the beast instead does these things after the 42 months he is given is over first? My position on this doesn't have this problem. My position is sticking to the text, and that the text is indicating in Rev 13 this.... and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. Obviously once this 3.5 years are concluded, the beast's power that he was given is taken away. But your position claims he still has this power post this 3.5 year period.

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

When was it given to him to do this? Prior to the following, during the following, or after the following is already in the past? and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

When the two witnesses are made war against, overcome, then eventually killed, it most definitely has to occur during the 3.5 years the beast is allowed to continue. Totally impossible per your position, as I have clearly shown in all of the above.
    Correct............Here's the Two-Witnesses time-line.

Two Witnesses show up about one to three months before the Abomination of Desolation......

The First Seal brings forth the Anti-Christ to Conquer, he sacks Jerusalem and commits the Abomination of Desolation at the 3.5 year mark, becoming the BEAST.

The Two-witnesses die after the Second Woe (6th Trumpet) and just before the 7th Trumpet which is the Third Woe (All Seven Vials = 3rd Woe).

The Beast dies at the Seventh Vial.

So the only difference in the time-line is HOW LONG the Seven Vials take. My guess is it will take one to three months, thus the Two-witnesses have to show up one to three months before the BEAST Conquers Jerusalem, which starts his 42 Month Reign as the Beast. That matches scriptures that sat they show up BEFORE the Day of the Lord.

Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Zechariah 14:1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

The City being TAKEN by the Anti-Christ/BEAST is a part of the DAY OF THE LORD !!

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation Man View Post
    Its just astonishing how you mold and twist scriptures. After 69 Weeks doesn't mean after 69.5 weeks. You are just not called to understand prophecy brother, and that is OK, some are called to healing, some preaching, some to prophecy. Its a gift from God.
    Hmmm, I didn't twist anything. I explained to you what the word "after" means , something that you do not seem to grasp.

According to my take on this, if the following occurs at the end of the beast's 42 month reign...the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them...it would mean the following.

Revelation 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
    9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
    10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

When did these torment them?

Is it not during the following time?

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

When does the text indicate the two prophets are killed?

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Clearly after the 3.5 years allotted to them is already in the past.

If there are two 3.5 periods of time, and that we know the 2 prophets are not killed during the first period, therefore no one is making merry in the earth during the 3.5 years the 2 prophets are giving their testimony, why wouldn't they be making merry during the 3.5 years that follow instead?

Revelation 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
    12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
    12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
    13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
    14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
    15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Notice what verse 15 indicates....The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Would that not end the beast's power at that time?

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

This says...And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come. Would not this then be meaning the time for the 7 vials to begin being unleashed on the beast and it's kingdom, and those that have been worshiping it? My point here is that no one would be making merry in the earth during the vials of wrath. They would be doing that prior to the unleashing of the vials. Per my view here, what would be preceding the vials of wrath/ The 42 month reign of the beast, therefore they would be making merry in the earth during that period of time. Totally impossible if the 3.5 years in Rev 11 and the 3.5 years in Rev 13 run parallel.

Blog Entries

divaD your last point is clear except I could argue that the people make merry thinking that the vials are over because the 2W are dead. Then when they are raised...
    However I don't see the 2W enacting the vials. In fact with the death of them the beast is able to attack the Jews and destroy Jerusalem.
    It is then waste until Jesus returns when a New Jerusalem is required which is better and greater.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    I went back and supplied the texts I'm referring to... So I'm guessing you mean Jesus "ate of the Passover" with them following His resurrection?? [in those 40 days??] because it says "I will not any more eat thereof, UNTIL..." (meaning, it seems, He will again eat of it ['thereof,' that is, eat of the PASSOVER (yet Passover was... over... when those 40 days were taking place)], at some point future to His saying these words).

And so the Timothy epistle was written well after that period of time. I'm still not grasping your thought (my bad)... You are welcome to keep trying to get it across to me, but I don't blame you if you give up in exasperation

Again, the passages I supplied:

Luke 22 -
    15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
    16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
    17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
    18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt 26 -
    29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Matt 19 -
    28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [see also Matt25:31-34, for its timing]

etc

Adding this: In case you are asking this, I believe He actively ascended ['I go [active]'] ON Firstfruits (His Resurrection day [fulfilling Lev23:10-12 etc, on that very day]), and then later, just days before Pentecost/Shavuot/Feast-of-Weeks, ascended visibly ['which is taken up from you into heaven' in their sight, Acts 1:9-11, and other passages]... both times as a physical, tangible, 'flesh and bones' Person; and as I've said before this is what He said to His disciples ON Firstfruits (after His resurrection): Luke 24:39 "39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."
    Of the above, this is the crux:

Luke 22 -
    15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
    16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
    17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
    18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.

30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt 26 -
    29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
    ...perfectly fulfilled by Jesus between having spoken and having resurrected from the grave ... rather, more exactly, between having spoken these very words and having expired his last breath giving his soul into his Father's hands and DYING VICTORIOUSLY. "The LORD is a Man of war, the Lord TRIUMPHED GLORIOUSLY"---WHERE? "...in the Kingdom of My Father" into which Jesus immediately entered and triumphed on the Battlefield thereof in the Great and Final Controversy between the Kingdom of Darkness and the Kingdom of Light of God's Dear Son.

I am not partaking in a competition with you in being versed in Scripture texts. I am only telling, Jesus, speaking or having spoken these words, foretold his Passover of Yahweh Victory through SUFFERING, that is, through having eaten and drunk of that Passover of the Almighty God once for all IN THE KINGDOM OF HIS FATHER.

And it is not a matter of anyone being able or not being able to comprehend the matter and substance of the Conflict of the Ages, but of God's grace to understand and believe Jesus' Last Supper of his Last Passover.

Simple as that. No crystal ball or magic prophetic glasses required to read the future and end of all things whether on earth or in heaven. "God gave CHRIST as Head to the Church The ALL in all fulfilling Fullness of God!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    Exactly, if context and grammar confirms my view then it could be pretty accurate. Have you any specific objections to my view?
    Objection from me would be preposterous; I don't understand a thing of what you wrote. That was what I tried to illustrate to you with your equations, that I cannot work out the 'root' - '√'context/gammarxv25/25'='reason'. It's also not that inspirational. So, sorry I have no objection that would please you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Ebersoehn View Post
    Read the whole context of 1Timothy 6:15, it says. "...in the sight of God who QUICKENETH all things and Christ Jesus [whom God raised], who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession, that thou without spot and unrebukeable keep _commandment_until[to a given point/about/as far as/concerning- mexri]: The_Appearing / Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ which ('hehn'- "Law"- 'tehn entolehn') in its Own Seasons ['Kairois Idiois'] HE (Jesus) MUST SHOW/REVEAL ['deiksei']", through Resurrection from the dead! Cf. Leviticus 23:4,37---THE PASSOVER LAW OF YAHWEH!
    The text you ascribed to 1 Tim 6:15 is incorrect, probably a mistake. Please check and correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    divaD your last point is clear except I could argue that the people make merry thinking that the vials are over because the 2W are dead. Then when they are raised...
    However I don't see the 2W enacting the vials. In fact with the death of them the beast is able to attack the Jews and destroy Jerusalem.
    It is then waste until Jesus returns when a New Jerusalem is required which is better and greater.
    During the 42 months the beast is reigning, I see no indication anywhere in the text that the vials of wrath might be running in parallel with this time period.

Revelation 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

In order for this first vial to even be poured out, the following has to occur first.

Revelation 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Until this occurs first, where they should make an image to the beast, there is not yet any men that would have the mark of the beast, and no one yet which worships his image, in order for this first vial to be poured out. First a beast has to rise up out of the sea, another out of the earth, followed by what is prophesied in Revelation 13:14, followed by then making war against the saints and overcoming them, while the rest of the world is wondering after the beast. The vials of wrath have to follow all of that. And when they make merry in the earth, this has to be meaning prior to the vials being poured out. Per my view, like I already indicated in another post, the only things that would precede the vials of wrath would be this 42 month reign of the beast, therefore when they make merry in the earth, it is during the 42 month reign of the beast.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

This is just speculation on my part, yet the dots do seem to connect if you think about it. So maybe when they shall say, Peace and safety, that it is represented by them making merry in the earth, Rev 11. then sudden destruction cometh upon them, that of course is meaning the DOTL, and could be connected with the initial pouring out of the vials.

Blog Entries

I showed in post 6 how it was actually Galilean Jews that ruined the city just before the Romans destroyed it like a flood. The historian Josephus records how theese Jews were fighting among themselves WITH WAR MACHINES and laid waste to much of the city. So there is no reason to change the identity of the "coming prince" in verse 25 from the coming prince in verse 26, history and grammar indicates that the prince in both cases is Jesus, and it was Jesus people Jews who ruined the city.

The people (JEWS) of the ruler who will come (JESUS) will ruin the city and the sanctuary (with Jewish war machines as per the historian Josephus). The end will come like a flood (ROMANS RAZE THE CITY QUICKLY): War will continue until the end (AFTER JERUSALEM WAS DESTROYED THE ROMANS STILL HAD TO CONQUER THE FINAL STRONGHOLDS LIKE MASADA), and desolations have been decreed (JERUSALEM WAS DESOLATE FOR LONG PERIODS).

You may have an alternative view, but this focus on Jesus and Jews in v26 and v27 is biblicly accurate.
    Sorry, the prince in v-25 and 26 are different people.

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

The texts are clear:

1. Verse 25, Messiah the Prince (capital P) is Jesus.
    2. Verse 26, he is already cut off by the time this prince (small p) shows up.
    3. Continuing in v-26, it says "the people of the prince THAT SHALL COME SHALL DESTROY THE CITY..." This is undoubtedly Titus and his army.
    4. Irrespective of the Jews' infighting, the actual destruction of the city and its sanctuary is attributed to Rome. The passage speaks for itself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    The text you ascribed to 1 Tim 6:15 is incorrect, probably a mistake. Please check and correct.
    Jesus obeyed the Passover-Law of his Father. No one tells me otherwise. He obeyed his Father's will more than to the letter of it. "Pass this Cup before Me; not My will though, but YOUR WILL (Law) be done!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    I was responding to DurbanDude who has Jews being saved for 3.5 years, during Jesus' ministry.
    No one is "saved" except as a promise until Jesus returns, which is when that salvation is put into effect. We are not saved before the Jew. Rather as Hebrews 11 states we will receive together.
    I am not a Jew, but I know that I am saved. But the redemption of the promise (saved) by way of eternal life/immortality may well be given to the Jew first before me, a Gentile.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard Ebersoehn View Post
    Jesus obeyed the Passover-Law of his Father. No one tells me otherwise. He obeyed his Father's will more than to the letter of it. "Pass this Cup before Me; not My will though, but YOUR WILL (Law) be done!"
    I'm not arguing the passage, just pointed out that the texts you quoted as 1 Tim 6:15 is incorrect. That's all.

Blog Entries

I'm still not getting what I want from you, as far as explanation. In light of what Paul wrote to the Thessalonians [as interpreted your way], when 15 years later the events of 70ad occurred, would the Thessalonians have thought "the day of the Lord has NOW arrived [or being experienced]" (since rk says "DOTL" means any kind of His judgment, throughout Church history and not requiring His actual presence)? Why would they not think "THIS [70ad] IS the day of the Lord [since there are many of them, according to you] and the birth pang is UPON [commencing] that Jesus referred to, which means again that the DOTL [1Th5:2-3] *IS NOW* here/being experienced [now that 70ad events have rolled around (a judgment)]."
    Why should they or should they not think this?

It seems you are defining "the DOTL" as two different things: 1) His judgments at any given time (minus His actual presence... but "birth pangs" are present and starting); 2) His actual presence [on a particular 24-hr day, Rev19... (one initial birth pang and it's done! [despite the fact that no real pregnancy/delivery works that way])].

They thought it "IS PRESENT"... Paul is saying, nope, it isn't. [It (the time period/DOTL) will be... and here's two indicators... ONE thing "FIRST"... AND the man of sin be revealed... but rk says, nope it (DOTL) can be present at any given time throughout Church history whenever He wants to send a judgment (without His actual presence), that is a day of the Lord (according to your view)]

Why are the Thessalonians not confused in 70ad (if you think they weren't. lol), based on what you are saying Paul meant [phrases defined your way] in 2Th2? (Of course you know I disagree with your definitions and the meaning Paul was conveying in that chapter... just to clarify a bit, for the readers)

If I'm putting myself in the Thessalonians' shoes, in 70ad events I'm going to assume the DOTL *IS NOW* PRESENT (according to rk's explanation of Paul's letter, definitions of those various words, and the fact that birth pang apparently started [DOTL's arrival--1Th5:2-3] since it pertains to 70ad events/judgment, according to rk's view)

rk's view of Paul's purpose in writing 2Th2: "don't believe the Day of the Lord is present because it won't be unless He is [present]; when 70ad's events roll around, realize DOTL IS present, believe it!, because He's sending a judgment without His actual presence." (How does this mesh with 'believe no one who tells you it's present [in rk's view, that Jesus is somewhere present on the earth that you can't see]' ? Paul's supposed instruction here...) Confusing... If I'm a Thessalonian in 70ad, I'd convince myself [according to rk's view of what Paul conveyed] that the man of sin was Joe Blow, over there, of course!! (and that the DOTL is both HERE and NOT HERE at the SAME TIME! LOL)
    I agree. The DOTL is specifically related to the end of the age, ie when the mechanisms for his physical Coming are finally in place. By that time the Antichrist would have been revealed according to Paul. It should not be confused with any given judgment from God prior to the coming of the man of sin.

Hmmm, I didn't twist anything. I explained to you what the word "after" means , something that you do not seem to grasp.
    Yes you do, you insist its 69.5 Weeks, when it is NOT. Call it what you will. After 69 Weeks means after 69 WEEKS not 69.5 Weeks. If God meant after 69.5 Weeks he would have stated so. You have the whole prophecy wrong because you are trying to make Jesus the prince with a LITTLE.....p.

Thread Information