Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the Son know all things? The Day of His coming?

Blog Entries

Does the Son know all things? The Day of His coming?

(Follow along here, as this post DOES belong in the End times Forum)

So I have heard many people strongly announce that Jesus was God on earth. And indeed Jesus is God, however in one’s heart, this can mean many things. So a clarification needs to be drawn up:

I just said and agreed that Jesus IS GOD. For Jesus Himself said;

Matthew 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

And in saying “I AM”, He made Himself equal to God. We can then call Him God, but yet there is something to consider. As the Son of God, is Jesus the Father? For we know that God is the Father…

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Now, by calling Jesus “God”, we then assign the attributes of God to Him. However, as a MAN, Jesus was not “fully” God in that He was FLESH and not Spirit, for God is Spirit:

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

And there are many other attributes of God that did not apply while Jesus was on the earth, like omnipresence. This is an interesting question and actually plays into the end times:

God Taught and told Jesus all Godly things He needed to know and was to know while He was on this earth. After all, he had the mind of God. The Father was in Him and He was in the father…

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father inme? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

However did God really tell Him ALL THINGS? Jesus admitted in fact HE DID NOT.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Look carefully at this: Jesus DID NOT KNOW (And I would suggest STILL DOES NOT KNOW) the day or hour that He will be sent to Judge us at His coming… So then it is CLEAR Jesus is NOT the Father, because the Father KNOWS ALL THINGS. This again, Jesus proclaimed in that same verse. And again, Jesus clearly separated Himself from the Father:

Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

I am pointing this out because of the thing that Jesus WAS NOT made aware of, “That day, and that hour”. SO then the Father in heaven did not want Jesus to know what DAY or HOUR He would return to Judge His people (Believers in Him), and to receive those who are worthy unto Himself.

WHY? Why didn’t God tell Jesus the exact time He would return? Well, here is the reason:

John 6: 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus Wants so bad that every soul delivered to Him (that is to say those who believe on Him) would not parish. And He know that THEY CAN PARRISH… If they continue in Sin:

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

SO if a man Believes in Christ, but continues in sin, he is in danger of this:

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Matt 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: 12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. 13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

So then if Jesus were told the Day and Hour He would return, WHY WOULDN’T HE TELL US! He would. SO then the Father CANNOT tell Him that information, because Christ would tell us. But then WHY NOT?
    Because this information IS LOCKED UP UNTIL THE TIME OF THE END.

Daniel 12: 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

I am made wise in the knowledge of the Holy Spirit, which at that time was not manifest. I can now say in the Spirit of the Father, that the time of un-sealing is upon us. However we, will not know the Day or the Hour in which our Lord returns, but we MUST KNOW the Season. Because Jesus cannot know the return date, he warns us OVER AND OVER:

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Matthew 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watchand be sober.

1 Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

Revelation 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

And if you do not know what you are watching for, go to a Penticostal Church and have spirit filled men pray for you to receive the Holy Spirit, with laying on of Hands. The Holy Spirit will guide you to all understanding.

Acts 8: 14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) 17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

And if you will not receive this as an option for today, my heart goes out for you, because I can attest it is real. See His work in my posts and believe.

Re: Does the Son know all things? The Day of His coming?

Yes, it seems that Daniel is told to shut up the words concerning the Reign of Antichrist, keeping the timing undisclosed until the end of the age. Perhaps that is what Jesus is basing his own statement on, that we are not to know the day or hour of his coming. And later his disciples are told not to be concerned with times and seasons.

I agree with you, that the Son is not the Father, although they are equally God. The Son has a human brain, which cannot contain all the knowledge of God, although the divine identity can indeed filter through that human brain.

But I think the knowledge of times and seasons, as well as the knowledge of the exact date of Christ's return, is kept hidden for different reasons other than the human capacity for divine knowledge, because it is not beyond the human capacity to understand times and seasons. So what is the reason we are told not to dwell on times and seasons?

I personally think it is because our purpose is to dwell on our own time period, preferring that over speculation about the future. After all, there are judgments that come upon our own time, and not just in the distant future. Jesus used, I think, his eschatological Coming to provoke his disciples into finding parallel truths in their own time. If judgment is coming in the eschtological future, it is already present with us in our own time. If Jesus is coming in judgment upon Israel's enemies at the end of the age, so Jesus is coming in judgment, in a non-eschatological sense, upon Israel in 70 AD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Yes, it seems that Daniel is told to shut up the words concerning the Reign of Antichrist, keeping the timing undisclosed until the end of the age. Perhaps that is what Jesus is basing his own statement on, that we are not to know the day or hour of his coming. And later his disciples are told not to be concerned with times and seasons.

I agree with you, that the Son is not the Father, although they are equally God. The Son has a human brain, which cannot contain all the knowledge of God, although the divine identity can indeed filter through that human brain.

But I think the knowledge of times and seasons, as well as the knowledge of the exact date of Christ's return, is kept hidden for different reasons other than the human capacity for divine knowledge, because it is not beyond the human capacity to understand times and seasons. So what is the reason we are told not to dwell on times and seasons?

I personally think it is because our purpose is to dwell on our own time period, preferring that over speculation about the future. After all, there are judgments that come upon our own time, and not just in the distant future. Jesus used, I think, his eschatological Coming to provoke his disciples into finding parallel truths in their own time. If judgment is coming in the eschtological future, it is already present with us in our own time. If Jesus is coming in judgment upon Israel's enemies at the end of the age, so Jesus is coming in judgment, in a non-eschatological sense, upon Israel in 70 AD.
    So what is the reason we are told not to dwell on times and seasons?

What do you mean? We ARE told to dwell on the times and seasons... Oh Randy, open your eyes my friend,

Matt 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Thus saith the Lord, "LEARN WHEN SUMMER IS NIGH." Summer is a season. When you see a fig tree with tender branches and it has new fresh leaves, then you know that the summer SEASON is at the door. In like manner, when you SEE these things coming to pass IN THAT SEASON, you know that the TIME OF HIS RETURN is near. So then:

Matt 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

HOWEVER, the Lord WARNS US,

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Thus saith the Lord, "You can know the season of My return, but you will not know the day or hour. So then WATCH, so that you will not be caught off guard and left behind. I love you so much. If I could tell you the day or hour, I would, but My Father has kept it from Me. So then be ready when I come. Behold, I have told you beforehand."
    Last edited by Soldier_of_Faith; Oct 11th 2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: fixed small text error

Blog Entries

There is a reason the Son of God does not know the "DAY".

There is only one way this is possible. If there is NO DAY.

The Son of God will not know the day nor the hour because neither are no longer measured nor defined when he returns.

Our day and hour are defined and measured by the sun and moon and star movements. But what happens to these instruments prior to his return? They vanish, thus to know the day nor the hour is impossible but only to the Father.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
    13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Even if you had a watch you would be measuring it to nothing......

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Who knoweth that day and hour? No man. Not the angels which are in heaven either. Neither the Son

Who knoweth that day and hour? The Father.

IMO the following seems to be speaking of this same day and hour.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
    7 *And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 *But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.....But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 begins with a 'But'. That has to mean this is connected with what Paul was just referring to at the end of chapter 4, the rapture.

In Acts 1:6 Jesus told the disciples that it not for them to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

I would then conclude the Father is the only one who knows when this day and hour shall be. No man yet knows. No angels in heaven yet know. The Son does not yet know. When will everyone know, including the Son? When the Father declares that time has now come. IMO Mark 13:32 would be a lie if anyone comes to know exactly when that day and hour is, before that day occurs. I'm pretty certain the text plainly says only the Father knows that day and hour. I'll stick with the text myself, since that's what the text indicates.

Simply answering the question stated in the Title: YES! The Son knows all things - He is omniscient. During His earthly walk as a man, He limited Himself but in His exalted eternal state He is all knowing. Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Are you claiming that the Eternal Son of God in His present and eternal state is not omniscient? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you...

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post

And if you do not know what you are watching for, go to a Penticostal Church and have spirit filled men pray for you to receive the Holy Spirit, with laying on of Hands. The Holy Spirit will guide you to all understanding.
    This series of statements caught my eye.

What if someone went to a Lutheran Church, or a Presbyterian or Baptist Church....could they too find spirit filled men to pray for them? Would the Holy Spirit guide them in all understanding?

Or is being spirit filled and Holy Spirit guided something that only Pentecostal Churches can facilitate?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    This series of statements caught my eye.

What if someone went to a Lutheran Church, or a Presbyterian or Baptist Church....could they too find spirit filled men to pray for them? Would the Holy Spirit guide them in all understanding?

Or is being spirit filled and Holy Spirit guided something that only Pentecostal Churches can facilitate?
    Sure. But it seems that pentecostal churches seem to have a plethora of spirit filled people. I have been to many of the other ones and did not see that as much. However I see a coming outpouring where every denomination will have many filled. The Holy spirt is the center of the return of Christ.

Blog Entries

Revelation 1:1. God the Father taught the book of Revelation to Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch987 View Post
    Revelation 1:1. God the Father taught the book of Revelation to Jesus.
    How do you get the word "taught" out of the word "gave"?

Seems this is gonna turn into a Jesus is not God thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    There is a reason the Son of God does not know the "DAY".

There is only one way this is possible. If there is NO DAY.

The Son of God will not know the day nor the hour because neither are no longer measured nor defined when he returns.

Our day and hour are defined and measured by the sun and moon and star movements. But what happens to these instruments prior to his return? They vanish, thus to know the day nor the hour is impossible but only to the Father.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
    13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Even if you had a watch you would be measuring it to nothing......
    I gave another way... But it is difficult if one can not separate the Father from the Son...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    How do you get the word "taught" out of the word "gave"?

Seems this is gonna turn into a Jesus is not God thread.
    No, No, No... That can not happen. Jesus is God: Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Notice However, that even though Jesus is the "I am", HE ALSO sits on the right hand of the Father.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post

Who knoweth that day and hour? No man. Not the angels which are in heaven either. Neither the Son

Who knoweth that day and hour? The Father.

IMO the following seems to be speaking of this same day and hour.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
    7 *And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 *But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
    2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.....But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1 Thessalonians 5:1 begins with a 'But'. That has to mean this is connected with what Paul was just referring to at the end of chapter 4, the rapture.

In Acts 1:6 Jesus told the disciples that it not for them to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

I would then conclude the Father is the only one who knows when this day and hour shall be. No man yet knows. No angels in heaven yet know. The Son does not yet know. When will everyone know, including the Son? When the Father declares that time has now come. IMO Mark 13:32 would be a lie if anyone comes to know exactly when that day and hour is, before that day occurs. I'm pretty certain the text plainly says only the Father knows that day and hour. I'll stick with the text myself, since that's what the text indicates.
    Acts 1:6-7 was asked about the Bringing in of the Earthly Kingdom. Jesus' appearing will happen 3.5 years earlier. They are separated and are different events. Therefore, it is indeed not for them to know the season. They should be looking for HIS COMING. (They are already IN the Kingdom...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Simply answering the question stated in the Title: YES! The Son knows all things - He is omniscient. During His earthly walk as a man, He limited Himself but in His exalted eternal state He is all knowing. Of course.
    I agree with this statement Jesus is fully God and is not limited to not know all of our simply world

Thread Information