Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why Not Commemorate Christ's Crucifixiction When it Happened?

Re: Why Not Commemorate Christ's Crucifixiction When it Happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmusic55 View Post
    Well not that modern, at least if Josephus is to be believed, as he has that tradition going back to the Exodus. There are a few verses that might lead one to believe Tishri 1 began a civil calendar for the nation. I often thought of it as something like the fiscal calendar we use for business.
    Yes, that's it. Judaism has 4 new years. We celebrate one on 1 Tishri and again, this is when traditionally Adam was created. Another one is on 1 Nisan, the month of the Exodus when the Jews became a nation. It's similar to the calendar year beginning on January 1 but the NYC fiscal budget year begins on July 1. And the School year begins in September. etc...
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Re: 'Prophesying'

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    You are new here and without any knowledge about the dynamics, interactions and friendships among the forum members you already after a few posts started to condemn this forum, that you had seen it all before and that this forum also was on the brink of a collapse. And now this. I don't hold my breath.
    No, stop the gibberish and accusing me of 'condemning', even anyone. i am here to convey the message of CHRIST, what is the truth is happening here, in correction. i am no new to the 'All Scripture = HOLY BIBLE'. This forum does not belong to you and your buddies alike alone, who have made this your home, rather being in the field. Remember there are HIS prophets too who are witnesses to the 'errors' in hypocrisy among the 'truth' as children, apart from the false prophets, you may want to accuse of further perhaps.

And stop your 'scare tactics', and that is not Christian, but a modern pharisee. For GOD do not give me a spirit of timidness, but of power, love and sound mind. Love also come in correction, for GOD corrects the ones HE loves. Seems like you an outsider to our faith, apart from what merely hold position here. The collapse does not come from individual me, but the ones who are teaming up against the other, and debating over and over again about one 'topic', and deviating to something else.

Common, get real in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Re: 'Prophesying'

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    There is no Scriptural basis on which you can argue that there's a right or wrong way, or day, to commemorate the crucifixion or resurrection. You are not acting on anyone's behalf but your own.
    Well, you do not 'practice' and 'abide' in the sound doctrine of CHRIST in the New Covenant. i have clearly conveyed with another brethren that the 'Communion' is the 'right way', and 'every time we meet together', 'partaken', is the commemoration to all that is. Rather than the 'traditions', show off men have put together, even to santa clause and christmas tree. You want to be men pleasers, then go on ahead, but some us here individuals are practicing to be GOD pleasers instead, and speak only the truth and as it is written in the HOLY BIBLE.

Scripturally if you are alien to it, then i rest my case, for we have nothing in common then. i am not called to 'strife' with oppositions. Seem like you and likewise, are the 'bullies', Apostle Paul was referring to, to Timothy. Since he will be new visiting the churches and straighten them up with CHRIST's instructions.

Thread Information