Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How God helped the church when satan was cast out of heaven

Blog Entries

How God helped the church when satan was cast out of heaven

There has been some discussions lately as to when satan and his fallen angles were cast out of heaven and down to the earth. I think that the key to the timing of this event is to realize that God will strengthen and support the church as promised when this event takes place.

I believe that satan was cast out of heaven back in the first century when Jesus (the son or male child in Revelation chapter 12) ascended back up to heaven

Revelation 12:10-12
    10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
    “Now have come the salvation and the power
    and the kingdom of our God,
    and the authority of his Messiah.
    For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
    who accuses them before our God day and night,
    has been hurled down.
    11 They triumphed over him
    by the blood of the Lamb
    and by the word of their testimony;
    they did not love their lives so much
    as to shrink from death.
    12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
    and you who dwell in them!
    But woe to the earth and the sea,
    because the devil has gone down to you!
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short.”

Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would not overcome the church in the book of Matthew

Matthew 16:17-20

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

God helped the church by sending the Holy Spirit (shortly after Jesus ascended back up to heaven) on the day of Pentecost as shown in the book of Acts.
    Acts 2:1-4

2 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

The Holy Spirit gave us the courage and strength to overcome satan when he was cast to the earth as he waged war on the saints thus the Holy Spirit enabled us the church to overcome the gates of hell.

I think that the timing of the Holy Spirit coming to the earth reveals to us when satan was cast out of heaven to the earth. God banished satan to the earth but He also sent the Holy Spirit.

God is always faithful and will never leave or forsake us

Deuteronomy 31:6
    Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Re: How God helped the church when satan was cast out of heaven

I think one key to understanding this is to look at verse 12 where it says "because he knoweth that he hath but a short [G3641 - oligon] time," and then comparing this (especially the word "G3641 - oligon") word with how it is used elsewhere in the same Book:

http://biblehub.com/text/revelation/17-10.htm "...and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space/a little while [G3641]"

compared with

http://biblehub.com/text/revelation/12-12.htm

When comparing these two places where this word is used in the same Book, it is reasonable to conclude that the other timing clues in the context of Rev12 are the actual length of time being written about: 1260 days (from mid-trib to the end of the [7-yr] trib, yet future, and leading up to Christ's Second Coming to the earth). [see also Rev12:4,6-9,10 and vv.12-13,14]

Rev17:10 doesn't seem to be indicating a period of long duration [some 2000 years], and Rev1:1 had said "things which must come to pass IN QUICKNESS [noun]" (not covering events of a long duration [of some 2000 years] being indicated here).

The Son was given in the first advent. The child is born in the second advent. The casting out of satan takes place on Tishri 22, a fall feast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    There has been some discussions lately as to when satan and his fallen angles were cast out of heaven and down to the earth. I think that the key to the timing of this event is to realize that God will strengthen and support the church as promised when this event takes place.

I believe that satan was cast out of heaven back in the first century when Jesus (the son or male child in Revelation chapter 12) ascended back up to heaven

God helped the church by sending the Holy Spirit (shortly after Jesus ascended back up to heaven) on the day of Pentecost as shown in the book of Acts.

The Holy Spirit gave us the courage and strength to overcome satan when he was cast to the earth as he waged war on the saints thus the Holy Spirit enabled us the church to overcome the gates of hell.

I think that the timing of the Holy Spirit coming to the earth reveals to us when satan was cast out of heaven to the earth. GOd banished satan to the earth but He also sent the Holy Spirit.
    Question.....

Was Satan constrained to only heaven prior to being kicked out? Meaning he could not go to earth? Or prior to being kicked out of heaven did he have access to both heaven and earth?

This is important to note......

Scripture shows that the devil, Satan ect....already roaming the earth prior to Christ's death!!! So he may have been kicked out at that time BUT this did not mean he came to the earth for the first time.

has been hurled down.
    by the blood of the Lamb
    as to shrink from death.
    He is filled with fury,

Jesus promised us that the gates of hell would not overcome the church in the book of Matthew

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

2 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

I think that the timing of the Holy Spirit coming to the earth reveals to us when satan was cast out of heaven to the earth. GOd banished satan to the earth but He also sent the Holy Spirit.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
    I believe Satan was thrown out of heaven just before the Child was born, And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born

This was no secret to the hosts of the heavens as the angels appeared to Mary and Joseph to pronounce the glad and joyous tidings of the Messiah.
    And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David Luk 1:31-32

After all how can Satan and his angels be on earth demonising Israel, yet be in heaven? How can the Lord tell His disciples that He saw Satan fall from heaven? How can Jesus perform the messianic signs of the prophet that He had authority over the serpent if the serpent is not already cast down before Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    I think one key to understanding this is to look at verse 12 where it says "because he knoweth that he hath but a short [G3641 - oligon] time," and then comparing this (especially the word "G3641 - oligon") word with how it is used elsewhere in the same Book:

http://biblehub.com/text/revelation/17-10.htm "...and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space/a little while [G3641]"

compared with

When comparing these two places where this word is used in the same Book, it is reasonable to conclude that the other timing clues in the context of Rev12 are the actual length of time being written about: 1260 days (from mid-trib to the end of the [7-yr] trib, yet future, and leading up to Christ's Second Coming to the earth). [see also Rev12:4,6-9,10 and vv.12-13,14]

Rev17:10 doesn't seem to be indicating a period of long duration [some 2000 years], and Rev1:1 had said "things which must come to pass IN QUICKNESS [noun]" (not covering events of a long duration [of some 2000 years] being indicated here).
    He is filled with fury,
    because he knows that his time is short
    .”

Revelation chapter 12 omits the Church age, the Church is a mystery and the Church age is an unknown set time, Revelation chapter 12 is dealing with Israel (The woman) and gives us details of her fate, yes, some of it is future. Israel however has a set time namely the 70 weeks of Daniel and up to when the Messiah was cut off 69 weeks have been fulfilled, There is now a gap in the prophetic time line of Israel, Satan and the demons have a purpose and that is to bite Israel to cause those to look to the one lifted up on the pole, and to live.
    Since there is a gap in the prophetic time line, the serpents currently don’t have a purpose, so they are currently put aside until God will continue to use them in the final week of Daniel, the tribulation period, they will be released (Rev 9) and will continue their biting and tormenting of Israel as if nothing has happened, for when we read the gospel accounts we can already see the mayhem and the fury the fallen angels were causing by indwelling people, we can read that the demons even knew of their short time and were surprised they were being cast out earlier than expected.

When He arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes, two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met Him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. “What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?”
    Anyway reading Revelation 12 one can see it is the woman (Israel) that is the focus and the description is of how Satan interacts with Israel over her allotted time (which is a short time) to accept the Messiah before the 1000yr reign, there is no mention of activity over the Church age here and for good reason

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Question.....

Was Satan constrained to only heaven prior to being kicked out? Meaning he could not go to earth? Or prior to being kicked out of heaven did he have access to both heaven and earth?

Scripture shows that the devil, Satan ect....already roaming the earth prior to Christ's death!!! So he may have been kicked out at that time BUT this did not mean he came to the earth for the first time.
    I think I approach this from an entirely different direction, or I think people have it totally back to front, Satan was in Eden and perfect in all his ways so he was legitimately allowed on earth, So I think he sinned when he ascended into heaven

Quote Originally Posted by boangry View Post
    Anyway reading Revelation 12 one can see it is the woman (Israel) that is the focus and the description is of how Satan interacts with Israel over her allotted time (which is a short time) to accept the Messiah before the 1000yr reign, there is no mention of activity over the Church age here and for good reason
    I pretty much agree with you, ^ here!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post

compared with

Interesting and funny thats how I look at the word generation in Matthew 24 it should be the same as the other times generation is used in the book of Matthew the generation that Jesus was talking to.

Did you see my two Revelation 12 post about the 3 1/2 years time periods?

I did use scriptures to back my points

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Question.....

I believe that when satan first sinned which was his pride that he was banished from dwelling in God's presence but could still enter heaven at certain times like in the book of Job as God can't dwell with sin.

There are many times in the bible that we see satan down on the earth before Jesus' ascension. I believe that things changed after Jesus' ascension and now satan can't enter heaven to accuse us because of the finished work of Jesus he was cast out of heaven for good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boangry View Post
    I believe Satan was thrown out of heaven just before the Child was born, And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born

This was no secret to the hosts of the heavens as the angels appeared to Mary and Joseph to pronounce the glad and joyous tidings of the Messiah.
    And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
    He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David Luk 1:31-32

After all how can Satan and his angels be on earth demonising Israel, yet be in heaven? How can the Lord tell His disciples that He saw Satan fall from heaven? How can Jesus perform the messianic signs of the prophet that He had authority over the serpent if the serpent is not already cast down before Israel?
    They could travel back and fourth from heaven to the earth just like we see God's angles do and like we see satan does in the book of Job because God can't dwell with sin.

Jesus saw satan banished from dwelling with God when he sinned in his pride maybe even before the time of the garden of eve. I believe that things changed after Jesus' ascension and now satan can't enter heaven to accuse us because of the finished work of Jesus he was cast out of heaven for good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    The Son was given in the first advent. The child is born in the second advent. The casting out of satan takes place on Tishri 22, a fall feast.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "The child is born in the second advent"

What scripture do you have to back that the casting out of satan takes place on Tishri 22, a fall feast?

If you saw my two Revelation 12 post you will see that I used scripture to back when i believe that satan was cast out of heaven for good

They could travel back and fourth from heaven to the earth just like we see God's angles do and like we see satan does in the book of Job because God can't dwell with sin.
    I don't think the demons in the gospels could travel backwards and forwards from earth to heaven it doesn't make sense to me, they seemed to require a place to bodily dwell, another indication they were already thrown out of heaven with no option to return to their original dwelling place.

Im sorry I don't see how Job shows Satan having access heaven you might have to point it out more for me, I see the context on earth, also I think the sons of God are Job and other believers, Ill go through it verse by verse so you can see how I rightly or wrongly see the context and the scene of Job.

Job 1

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. On earth

2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. On earth

3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. On earth

4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them. On earth

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. On Earth, and Job acting in a priestly role(as a son of God)

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. On earth

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. You guessed it, on earth

8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? we are now considering one of the sons of God that have gathered together, ON earth

9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Job a son of God, on earth

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
    A son of God blessed with a hedge around him, On earth

Is there anywhere else that makes you think Satan has access to heaven?

Jesus saw satan banished from dwelling with God when he sinned in his pride maybe even before the time of the garden of eve.
    Wait, are you saying Satan has access to heaven up to the cross, yet he may have been banished before the garden of Eden?

I believe that things changed after Jesus' ascension and now satan can't enter heaven to accuse us because of the finished work of Jesus he was cast out of heaven for good.
    Why does Satan have to enter heaven to accuse us?

Also I don't think there was anyway Satan fell before Eden for,

The angels and heaven are a part of creation, and it was all created in 6 days

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

There was no sin before the end of day 6 for it was all very good.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

We know pride led to Satan's sin, but when we go to court people are not charged with pride, what do you think Satan's sin was?

Blog Entries

I don't think the demons in the gospels could travel backwards and forwards from earth to heaven it doesn't make sense to me, they seemed to require a place to bodily dwell, another indication they were already thrown out of heaven with no option to return to their original dwelling place.

Im sorry I don't see how Job shows Satan having access heaven you might have to point it out more for me, I see the context on earth, also I think the sons of God are Job and other believers, Ill go through it verse by verse so you can see how I rightly or wrongly see the context and the scene of Job.

Job 1

1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil. On earth

2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. On earth

3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she asses, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east. On earth

4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them. On earth

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. On Earth, and Job acting in a priestly role(as a son of God)

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them. On earth

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it. You guessed it, on earth

8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? we are now considering one of the sons of God that have gathered together, ON earth

9 Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought? Job a son of God, on earth

10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. A son of God blessed with a hedge around him, On earth

Is there anywhere else that makes you think Satan has access to heaven?
    Verse 6 are the angles as my and many versions of the bible says and God resides in heaven. Verse 6 in your version says sons of God but all the other verses you mentioned say Jobs sons.

When satan tempted Jesus he didn't have a body to go into.

Wait, are you saying Satan has access to heaven up to the cross, yet he may have been banished before the garden of Eden?
    Yes I think that satan was banished from dwelling in heaven before Jesus ascension but restricted from entering heaven after Jesus ascension.

Revelation 12:10
    Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

It states above before our God day and night and God dwells up in heaven on His throne

Also I don't think there was anyway Satan fell before Eden for,

The angels and heaven are a part of creation, and it was all created in 6 days

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

There was no sin before the end of day 6 for it was all very good.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
    Saying that it was good means that God was pleased with what He made only God is good.

Mark 10:18
    "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

Everything else is un perfect

Maybe satan was banished from heaven after he tempted Eve or before I am not sure but pride was in the hearts of satan and Adam and Eve

We know pride led to Satan's sin, but when we go to court people are not charged with pride, what do you think Satan's sin was?
    Our courts do not govern God but it is a fact that pride is sin

James 4:6
    6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:

“God opposes the proud
    but shows favor to the humble

Proverbs 11:2
    When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
    but with humility comes wisdom.

Ezekiel 28:2
    2 “Son of man, say to the ruler of Tyre, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says:

“‘In the pride of your heart
    you say, “I am a god;
    I sit on the throne of a god
    in the heart of the seas.”
    But you are a mere mortal and not a god,
    though you think you are as wise as a god.

Proverbs 8:13
    To fear the Lord is to hate evil;
    I hate pride and arrogance,
    evil behavior and perverse speech.

Blog Entries

has been hurled down.
    by the blood of the Lamb
    as to shrink from death.
    He is filled with fury,

I think that the timing of the Holy Spirit coming to the earth reveals to us when satan was cast out of heaven to the earth. God banished satan to the earth but He also sent the Holy Spirit.

Excellent summary. Thank you brother.
    True Truth Exists & Can Be Found.

A gentle answer turns away wrath; but a harsh word stirs up anger.
    Proverbs 15:1

Faith-Hope-LOVE

~Praying for BDH~

Thread Information