Thread: Rev.9:6 desire to die, and death shall flee from them

Blog Entries

Rev.9:6 desire to die, and death shall flee from them

I believe Rev.9 refers to helicopters equipped with sonic weapons...

Revelation 99 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
    3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
    4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
    5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
    6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
    7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
    8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
    9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
    10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
    11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Blog Entries

Re: Rev.9:6 desire to die, and death shall flee from them

Helicopters....LOL. Demonic spirits indwell inhabitants of the earth. They are under Satan's control. Thus cannot control themselves even to kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker_truth View Post
    I believe Rev.9 refers to helicopters equipped with sonic weapons...

Revelation 99 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
    3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
    4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
    5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
    6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
    7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
    8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
    9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
    10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
    11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.
    Well, if Rev 9:6 was an isolated event, you may have a point. However, all the horror that precedes it will pretty much put an end to the modern world. Take the 6th Seal for instance. Every island and mountain moves out of its place. I doubt God would tell us this if it took scientific instruments to figure out whether a mountain moved. Even if this only applies to the Middle East, you can say goodbye to the electric grid instantly. Just look what a simple hurricane does to it. Earthquakes on this scale would take it out for many years, if not permanently. With all the wars going on I don't think rebuilding anything is going to happen. Especially when there are only unrighteous left on the earth.

To me, this verse means just what it says. First, we need to realize Jesus holds the keys to death and Hades. No one can die unless God allows it. Death only occurs AFTER the spirit/soul leaves the body. Then the body dies. Each death of a body is preceded by angels carrying the soul to either Abraham's bosom or the wrong side of the place. If God does not want anyone to die to avoid punishment, then they will not die. He can simply not allow the angels to carry any souls from the body. Thus they suffer without any recourse. The first "woe" upon the earth is a big one.

Further, scripture identifies what/who is in the abyss. Evil spirits, dead sinners, and perhaps fallen angels from the pre-flood days. If anything comes up out of the abyss, it is one of those. When John saw them, I believe he actually saw them. Meaning this isn't figurative. It is literal. Evil spirits will ascend out of the abyss that look as John described them.

Why is that Christians must seek to put puny instruments of war into the interpretation of Revelation? It begs then the question, how could those living 100 years ago understand if no "helicopters" existed. And it also asks what will be a modern weapon in another 100 years. No! The God of this universe, who can "breath" out of His mouth the fearsome galaxies with their unimaginable heat and radioactivity, can easily bring forth NEW creatures FROM NOTHING to torment mere men who have shaken their fists at Him. God does not need men's inventions to plague His enemies.

This statement appears purely opinion based

Quote Originally Posted by Miyael View Post
    This statement appears purely opinion based
    You are correct. Let us give some scripture. God ...
    • raised up ten plagues on Egypt that had not ever been seen before in the world. Exodus 9:14 informs us, "For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that there is none like me in all the earth."
    • made the earth and the moon to stop rotating for a "whole day" to favor Israel in a battle. Joshua 10:13-14 says, "And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel."
    • made five loaves and two fishes feed five thousand people with 12 basket-full left over. Matthew 14:19-21; "And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full. And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children."

So, just to confirm, does the God of this universe need men's puny weapons of war to make men's live unlivable on earth? And does this God Who decides the length of any man's life, need special means to stop men from committing suicide. I think not.

Thread Information