View Poll Results: Christ, God, truth, or something else?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christ

1 33.33%
  • God

2 66.67%
  • truth

0 0%
  • Something else

0 0%

Thread: When asked what do you worship,, what's the first thing you say?

Blog Entries

When asked what do you worship,, what's the first thing you say?

Do you say Christ, God, truth, or something else? I've included a poll.

Blog Entries

Re: When asked what do you worship,, what's the first thing you say?

When you say God you are also saying Christ, truth and so much more at the same time. Interesting.

It's also an interesting way to phrase the question. My 1st response was "It should be who do you worship?"
    God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    When you say God you are also saying Christ, truth and so much more at the same time. Interesting.

It's also an interesting way to phrase the question. My 1st response was "It should be who do you worship?"
    The first thing I say is Christ, because I feel I belong to the flock of Christ and he is my Saviour and my source of strength. God is a distant thing for me and no one goes to God except through Christ as far as I know. Christ is the one I pray will confess my name before the Father, so for now I say Christ. But there could be error in my thinking, admittedly I have a bit of confusion as to in who's name I should pray to.

Blog Entries

I don't think that God/Jesus gets as hung up about this as some humans do. You believe on and fully trust Him?

Great! You'll be fine.

I honestly believe that He cares a lot more about where our hearts are at then how much knowledge we have or how ell we can express it. Those who need the knowledge and ability to express it to others - He - equips in order to do His will. He'll equip others with different abilities to serve Him as He wishes and how He wishes.

We can't all be the pastor standing at the pew.

The point of my first post though is that when you say God you are also saying Christ. When you say Christ you are also saying God. Christ IS God. God IS Christ.

Father, Son and Holy Spirit = God.

You can pray to God the Father in Christ's name or you can just pray to Christ. Either way - Praying and seeking to draw closer to Him daily is more important. He's God, He'll figure it out.
    God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
    but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

My 1st response was "It should be who do you worship?"
    Father, Son and Holy Spirit = God.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him
    which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    The first thing I say is Christ, because I feel I belong to the flock of Christ and he is my Saviour and my source of strength. God is a distant thing for me and no one goes to God except through Christ as far as I know. Christ is the one I pray will confess my name before the Father, so for now I say Christ. But there could be error in my thinking, admittedly I have a bit of confusion as to in who's name I should pray to.
    God knows what we need before we ask. That's really cool. Sometimes just crying works. God knows.
    I pray to God and finish with "in Jesus name I pray". Amen
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matt 5:6

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. John 20:29

Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. Rom 13:2

Fear not that which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him
    which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt 10:28

DEAR HEVANLY FATHER
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I worship the Lord my God.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Thread Information