Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trump to recognize Jerusalem as the eternal capitol of Israel

Blog Entries

Re: Trump to recognize Jerusalem as the eternal capitol of Israel

I'm about to do research on Jerusalem, because this is all rather confusing to me.

In a related note, from what I can tell, there are at least several definitions of Palestine. This confused me for years.

I'm about to do research on Jerusalem, because this is all rather confusing to me.

In a related note, from what I can tell, there are at least several definitions of Palestine. This confused me for years.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo300 View Post

Doubly confusing, it appears!
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony P View Post
    Mark my words. You will see the temple mount restored and the third temple under construction in less than three years. Plus, the Ark of the Covenant will be found east of the Jordan. All this pressure on muslims will cause them to explode. Hence, you will also see the fulfillment of Zechariah 12 shortly thereafter, including the last section.
    Something beyond human comprehension is underway...

A few countries say they're going to copy the move (Czech republic, possibly the Philippines, unnamed others). Most countries have condemned it though (the EU and the Muslim world particularly). The Palestinians are calling for three "days of rage" in response (really, this is their response for anything they don't like).
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Really interesting take by an Israeli blogger that I follow-

What does Trump's recognition of Jerusalem tell Israelis about their place in the world?

President Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital has done more than upend 70 years of American policy. It has underlined how far the Jews still are from international acceptance on their own terms, rather than as others would have them. It indicates that this lack of acceptance is still fundamental to how the world relates to the Jews.

There has been a raging argument between archeologists these past 30 years about how much historical truth there is in the Biblical stories. A consensus has slowly emerged that King David was a historical figure and that he lived in Jerusalem 3,000 years ago; the argument still rages around the question if his Jerusalem was a small and insignificant village or perhaps something much grander. Some historians insist the Jews emerged as a real nation with their own culture only once their elite had been exiled to Babylon, where they collected, collated and edited the Biblical stories for the first time: those would be the people who claimed "By the rivers of Babylon/there we sat down/there we wept/as we remembered Zion" – Zion being one of the names of Jerusalem. There is no way to make sense of the New Testament unless one accepts that Jesus was preaching and died in Jerusalem, the capital of the Jews. In the 2nd century Hadrian ploughed Jerusalem and built a Roman town in its stead precisely because he assumed that would put an end to the pesky Jews.

Yet at no point in the past 2,000 years of history did any significant political power ever see the real city of Jerusalem as a Jewish capital. In one of history's remarkable twists, British forces conquered Jerusalem exactly a century ago this week. At the time a majority of Jerusalemites were Jews, and had been for at least 40 years if not 80, yet the British carefully gerrymandered all municipal elections to ensure there'd never be a Jewish mayor. During 30 years of British rule there were a number of proposals to partition the land; none of them ever suggested Jewish control over Jerusalem. The partition plan eventually adopted by the UN 70 years ago last week invented an unprecedented departure from the universal principle of sovereignty, the Corpus Separatum, to ensure the Jews – still a majority of the city's population – would not control Jerusalem. Deliberations on implementing this oddity went on at the UN years after Israel and Jordan had divided the city between them.

After the Six Day War Israel's leaders assumed the Christian world, which the West could still have been considered to be, would refuse to accept Jewish control of the city. They were talking about religion and its expression in Western civilization, not about international laws.

The near-universal rejection of President Trump's recognition of the plain fact that Jerusalem is Israel's capital looks far more sinister than a mere disagreement over the best way to promote a notional peace agreement. This is reinforced by the blatant flimsiness of the reasons for the rejection and their distance from reality. It looks to this Israeli as a continuation of an ancient insistence that the Jews must be what the others say, and that for them to be accepted they must behave as the others demand. It can't be that Jerusalem is the capital of the Jewish State, because that would mean that the Jews really have returned to national normality, and that they are a nation and state as all the other 200 states are.

The louder the howls are, the more pervasive the condemnations, the more it seems to many regular, middle of the road Israelis that our place among the nations is still not yet finally accepted nor sincere.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

I'm still scratching my head to understand the Palestinian claim to Jerusalem. I just listened to the Israeli mayor of Jerusalem interviewed on CNN remind the world (we already know) that Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel for 3000 years.

And it's never been the capital of any other state. And there's never been a Palestinian state. So much weirdness.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Technical difficulties again apparently. Let's see if it happens again.

-

I've seen "Palestine" defined several different ways.

I've seen it defined as a region (not a country) that included and/or includes what is now Israel, plus some more area.

I've seen references to what is called the State of Palestine. Apparently, this isn't the same as the above. This confused me for years.

I think I've seen some more definitions, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Exciting news! Much more pro-Israel than that last guy, what's his name...
    Trump has more political courage than any Republican president (and maybe any president though the previous president was very bold too) since President Reagan.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    I'm still scratching my head to understand the Palestinian claim to Jerusalem. I just listened to the Israeli mayor of Jerusalem interviewed on CNN remind the world (we already know) that Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel for 3000 years.
    There is no Palestinian claim to Jerusalem.

There are no Palestinians; only Jordanians who basically squatted in Eastern Israel; claimed themselves to be a different people group called 'Palestinians' instead of 'Jordanians'.

The Sunnah of Mohammed's goal is for there to be no Israel; and all Israelites either killed or shamed into Dhimmi status being ruled over by Moslems.

Islam only attempted to claim Jerusalem because Mo supposedly had a dream about a donkey-ride to Jerusalem; thereby allowing Islam to claim it as their site; futher attempting to remove the Israeli historical claim.

Even when the ancient Philistines lived in the land it was never Jerusalem but the southwestern gaza area near Egypt.

CNN and the liberal, globalist media have no knowledge of Islam's history; the writings of Mo; or anything other than PC appeasement.

[QUOTE=David Taylor;3418667]I'm sorry; but the nation of Israel itself gets to pick what it's capital is; just like the nations of Belgium, Spain, Bolivia, and Egypt get to pick what their capitals are.

No brainer here. Nothing to trouble over.

Agreed, no brainer. USA once had Philadelphia as it's capital and later established Washington DC as the new capital using specific legislative and physical actions to do so.

Sadly Israel had it's first chance after it's military action during the Arab Israeli conflict of 1948 and it's second chance at the end of the 6 Day War in 1967. ( I was 15 and used to watch the nightly news when war (conflict)coverage was fair to report and not to be censored from the American public. For unknown reasons that nation just doesn't want it as it's official capital. Can't say that God didn't give the Israeli people and government plenty of chances if one includes all of the accords that have been negotiated over the past 60 years. Duh!

Looks like Jesus will really have to do it when he returns to set up the new Jerusalem.

As for the embassy move, not any time soon. There are protocols for the selection of the site and construction with security issues that make any move to currently built space unsatisfactory and the time it takes for construction easily going in to the next president's term.

So, the announcement and most of the speech (which I've read multiple times) is just rhetoric and carries no significant weight in world history. If it did Jewish citizens would be dancing in the streets and they'd be up on the temple mount praying without fear of any type.

News of a peace agreement will be basically the same until a serious bunch of nations in the world sign it this time.

Swampdweller

Psalm 23

Something beyond human comprehension is underway...
    God stirred up the heart of Cyrus for His reasons, just as He hardened the heart of Pharaoh for other reasons. This too isn't random.

They claim the temple mount is the location that Mohamed flew to on a donkey when he died, and then went to heaven. The problem is the Muslim records of this call it the "mosque at the corner," which has been interpreted as the temple mount at Jerusalem. However, that mosque wasn't built until several decades after Mohamed's death, so it couldn't have been the one mentioned in their records at the time of his death. Anyway, there isn't anyone in Islam that asks obvious questions like this. They just obey the elders in that culture.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    There is no Palestinian claim to Jerusalem.

There are no Palestinians; only Jordanians who basically squatted in Eastern Israel; claimed themselves to be a different people group called 'Palestinians' instead of 'Jordanians'.

The Sunnah of Mohammed's goal is for there to be no Israel; and all Israelites either killed or shamed into Dhimmi status being ruled over by Moslems.

Islam only attempted to claim Jerusalem because Mo supposedly had a dream about a donkey-ride to Jerusalem; thereby allowing Islam to claim it as their site; futher attempting to remove the Israeli historical claim.

Even when the ancient Philistines lived in the land it was never Jerusalem but the southwestern gaza area near Egypt.

CNN and the liberal, globalist media have no knowledge of Islam's history; the writings of Mo; or anything other than PC appeasement.
    This ^^^^^^^ is exactly correct
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

I've read/heard that Phoenicia included part of what is now Israel.

What if someone tries to resurrect Phoenicia?

That could be a problem.

Blog Entries

I really don't know what all the fuss is about. It is a country somewhere in the world just like Zimbabwe. It's significance died when Jesus was crucified and the temple destroyed. That all.
    Shama - A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.): - X attentively, call (gather) together, X carefully, X certainly, consent, consider, be content, declare, X diligently, discern, give ear, (cause to, let, make to) hear (-ken, tell), X indeed, listen, make (a) noise, (be) obedient, obey, perceive, (make a) proclaim (-ation), publish, regard, report, shew (forth), (make a) sound, X surely, tell, understand, whosoever [heareth], witness

Thread Information