Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monster Storm To Blast East Coast

Blog Entries

Re: Monster Storm To Blast East Coast

And then Al Gore told us we'd all have cancer because of the "ozone hole."

Anyone need 50 cases of SPF80 sunblock?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    We are constantly told "the science is settled. Human-caused global warming is real".

Any time someone says "the science is settled", you know they're not a scientist, because science is never settled. Isaac Newton wrote the laws of gravitation, and the science was settled for over 300 years. Then a gentleman by the name of Albert Einstein came along and proved Newton wrong.

So we are told, very simplistically, that human activity creating carbon dioxide is causing global warming. In fact, this simplistic in the extreme. Does carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere remain there forever? No. Plants absorb it as part of their growing cycle. That means more carbon dioxide means more plants absorbing carbon dioxide (and providing food for humans at the same time!) Another dynamic is that rocks containing calcium and magnesium absorb carbon dioxide. Do they absorb it at a constant rate? No. The warmer the temperature is, the more carbon dioxide these rocks absorb. That means there's a built in natural feedback cycle that regulates the earth's temperature.

Have you ever heard a climate scientist talk about these things? Of course not. But why not?
    Yeah, they said that in the 1950's when they were pushing margarine over butter.

Bad results.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Little Bush must have blown the dust off of his weather machine. We all know that's how Katrina happened.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Little Bush must have blown the dust off of his weather machine. We all know that's how Katrina happened.
    Or it's their idol "Mother Nature" rebelling against Trump......oh wait that was the fires in California

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    No doubt they are searching diligently for any change:

I believe this young man is searching for leavened bread before Passover...
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I believe this young man is searching for leavened bread before Passover...
    Emphasis on the "finding leaven" exercise Mueller is engaged in.

Stumbled across this, completely by accident:

During 2017, 485 scientific papers have been published that cast doubt on the position that anthropogenic CO2 emissions function as the climate’s fundamental control knob…or that otherwise question the efficacy of climate models or the related “consensus” positions commonly endorsed by policymakers and mainstream media.

These 485 new papers affirm the position that there are significant limitations and uncertainties inherent in our understanding of climate and climate changes, emphasizing that climate science is not settled.

More specifically, the papers in this compilation support these four main skeptical positions — categorized here as N(1) – N(4) — which question climate alarm.

N(1) Natural mechanisms play well more than a negligible role (as claimed by the IPCC) in the net changes in the climate system, which includes temperature variations, precipitation patterns, weather events, etc., and the influence of increased CO2 concentrations on climatic changes are less pronounced than currently imagined.

N(2) The warming/sea levels/glacier and sea ice retreat/hurricane and drought intensities…experienced during the modern era are neither unprecedented or remarkable, nor do they fall outside the range of natural variability, as clearly shown in the first 150 graphs (from 2017) on this list.

N(3) The computer climate models are not reliable or consistently accurate, and projections of future climate states are little more than speculation as the uncertainty and error ranges are enormous in a non-linear climate system.

N(4) Current emissions-mitigation policies, especially related to the advocacy for renewables, are often ineffective and even harmful to the environment, whereas elevated CO2 and a warmer climate provide unheralded benefits to the biosphere (i.e., a greener planet and enhanced crop yields).
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    In the history of earth, how much climate change has there been?
    Around here, one has to clarify what you mean by the history of the earth.

There has been plenty of variation over geological time, but us humans have been limited to an extremely small slice of that time and we have primarily built our current societies on a reasonably stable period in climate over the last few thousands of years.
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllLinked View Post
    Not disputing that changes are required...for example don’t build a major city beside the sea ext.
    It's way too late for that. We have primarily built along the seas because the sea levels were stable. With the heavy infrastructure now, there will be costs if we start losing the existing coastlines.

However my peeve with this whole thing is how people believe humans are a significant reason that those changes need to be taken in the first place.
    If you start burning naturally sequestered CO2 like there is no tomorrow, then yes humans are going to be a component.

We can’t even come close to matching what naturally happens by the earth itself yet socially that’s not a known fact but humans are the problem is???
    Massive eruptions happen occasionally and have an effect. No one denies this. We do our share as well and these is pretty good indications that we have a role to play

My hope is that continuing development of alternatives, ideally economic form fusion power, coupled with increasing use of solar, wind and tidal power, will eventually mitigate the issue.
    It is only the cynic who claims “to speak the truth” at all times and in all places to all men in the same way, but who, in fact, displays nothing but a lifeless image of the truth… He dons the halo of the fanatical devotee of truth who can make no allowance for human weaknesses; but, in fact, he is destroying the living truth between men. He wounds shame, desecrates mystery, breaks confidence, betrays the community in which he lives, and laughs arrogantly at the devastation he has wrought and at the human weakness which “cannot bear the truth”. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, in Ethics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    Around here, one has to clarify what you mean by the history of the earth.

There has been plenty of variation over geological time, but us humans have been limited to an extremely small slice of that time and we have primarily built our current societies on a reasonably stable period in climate over the last few thousands of years.
    Sounds about right

Thread Information